If you agree or disagree with the verdict, let us know why

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, I don't have any idea. It could be each and everyone of them IMO.

The only answer to Casey not calling 911 isn't because she murdered her child, and I have to say not only does the jury agree, there are others here that agree with that. Not reporting doesn't equal murder, IMO.

It could've been, however Casey was the only PARENT and as such the only who was obligated to protect HER child, in every sense of the word & she failed miserably.

She didn't just not report it, she lied. Lieing = a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

How she was found not guilty but jurors overlooked what she lied about (& why) is beyond me!

She killed her daughter and nothing could convince me otherwise! Her Judgement still awaits!

Pretend you're on the stand being questioned by a defense attorney who accused you of putting your penis in your daughter's mouth and then sending her off to school, and knowing that the attorney questioning you is doing all that he can to put you on trial in order to set his client free.

You really can't understand?

Nope emotions do not change that quickly IMO.

I won't even go into the suicide letter which was another sticking point for me.

For me, it's really quite simple:

- KC was the last person seen with Caylee. (This is why the DT went after GA, because he was the last to see them together. It's one of the few smart things JB did and, silly me, I really thought at least one person on the jury would see through it.)
- KC was Caylee's custodial parent.
- Caylee was not old enough to be let out of a caretaker's sight. (ie., she could not have been abducted walking to school since she was not old enough for school much less walking there on her own).
- KC never reported Caylee missing.
- KC lied to her family and LE and led them, and the rest of the nation, on a wild goose chase indicating she wanted Caylee's body to remain concealed and the COD to remain a mystery.
- COD was not natural. People keep harping on not knowing the COD, but we do know one thing about COD: Caylee did not die of natural causes. A not quite 3-year old can't commit suicide so that leaves either homicide, child abuse, or parental neglect. It's got to be one of those three.

After Caylee's remains were found and it was confirmed that she was dead, IMO those six points are all the evidence needed. The decomp, the duct tape, the tattoo, the web search are all just additional facts showing culpability.

I agree with the commenter who said that the problem with the SA's case was too much evidence. And it was often very technical. IMO, JB's tactic was to distract and confuse which he did nonstop. I really didn't believe it would work but JB got lucky and landed a jury that would buy his sideshow.

BBM: You forgot ACCIDENT

So, these same grandparents that everyone are saying are loving all of a sudden are covering for their daughter knowing that their granddaughter is murdered???

Makes perfect sinse not wanting to lose there daughter like their granddaughter. Sadly some parents dont choice to do the right think the moral thing.

Kinda understandible being accused of having your private in your daughters mouth and trying to make a accident look like murder. GA clearly had no love for JB and I cant say I blame the guy if I were in his shoes.

Isn't it odd that for George, having to testify after all of those accusations is supposed to be stoic and unemotional, cheery and respectful of the one trying to throw him under the bus, yet every excuse in the book gets made for casey even with her mountain of lies starting before it was even known that Caylee was gone. Odd indeed

JMHO

But the who was Scott Peterson in the same way that the who was Casey Anthony. But what was the direct evidence linking him to her murder that was different?

IIRC her hair was found in a pair of pliers on a boat that she was never in. There was also question as to if she even knew about the boat.

I think there was other DNA that pointed to SP having killed her. DNA which was missing in this case except for the "unknown" on the duct tape.

I disagree though that he was acting the same way with JA. I believe that if someone dislikes George as a person, him being confused or hesitant about anything is perceived as being suspect.

JMHO

JA: Did you use the gas cans between the 24th and the 1st?
GA: No. I did not. I went out and bought new cans.
JA: Why did you do that?
GA: Because I needed gas for my lawn mower and stuff that I had and I didn't have these in my possession.
JA: Oh, so did you get gas on the 24th, you're saying or bought gas cans on the 24th?
GA: I think a day or two after that. I went to -- and purchased a couple new gas cans.
JA: Okay. Casey brought the gas cans back on the 24th and you put them in the shed. Why did you go and buy new ones if those were in the shed?
GA: Because I purchased them just prior to that. When they were gone--I didn't--I did not see my shed was broken into until the 24th.
JA: Right.
GA: I purchased them prior to that, two plastic gas cans I still have in my possession, Jeff.
JA: Okay. But why did you buy them if you did not know yet that these gas cans were missing?
GA: Okay. I'm going to be very, very blunt with you. Don't try to confuse me.
JA: I'm not trying to.
GA: Number one, I -- number one is, I did not put this tape on this can, number one, okay? Number two is, when I found out that my shed had been broken into on the -- when I reported it on the 24th, okay, it's then these -- I did not see Casey on the 24th with these cans. The report was made after that if I'm not mistaken.
JA: Okay. I thought you said a few moments ago that this did appear to be one of the cans she returned to you on the 24th?
GA: I made the report on the 24th.
JA: Right.
GA: I made the report of the theft on the 24th, okay?
JA: And that's the day she returned the cans to you?
GA: Right. And it was after that is when I went out and purchased a couple of other cans because, if I'm not mistaken, the sheriff's department came, like you said on August 1st and removed these from my house, so I had to get new cans again. So your date and my date might be a little bit off but yes. And -- yes.

**more back and forth like previously stated**

JA: My question is: Between the 24th of June and the 1st of August, did you have an occasion to use that gas can?
GA: I probably did. I'm not sure. I'm not sure if I cut my grass during that period of time or not. I'm not positive.
JA: Okay.
GA: But I do know that I did not put that duct tape on that.
JA: Well, you said because it is a sloppy job?
GA: Yeah, I wouldn't do it like that. That's not me.
JA: Okay. I'm just trying to understand if you get the gas cans back without the duct tape over the vent hole that you previously had on them, why you wouldn't have replaced it?
GA: Because I didn't go get any gas in it. I would have replaced it if I had went and gotten gas in it.
JA: So between--
GA: The gas cans were-- this gas can was empty when I got it back.
JA: So between June 24th and August 1st you didn't have the occasion to--
GA: I can't remember--
JA: --get gas in it?
GA: I can't remember if I got gas or not. I can't remember.
JA: You said something about buying new cans and that's kind of where we got off.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-nat...ition-august-5

I don't disagree. He answered the questions the same then as he did during trial.

You are so right. Subpar. Think of who these jurors claimed to be. People that don't watch the news. People that don't watch television. People that don't read the newspaper. People that don't go online or read anything online. Uniformed people that have no interest in learning things or knowing what goes on in the world around them. People that appear thru their daily lives that they aren't interested in learning what goes on around them and take the easy way in life. A homeless guy, 2 DUI folks, a guy with a felon for a sister that beat and robbed their father, a druggie, (felons themselves in other words) and several men that think with their private parts I would venture. People of this ilk should never be let on a jury.

I've been thinking a lot about the verdict and where our system failed us. I think the jury selection was a major part of the problem. One after another hundreds of intelligent educated people were brought before the judge. Most everyone who has a decent head on their shoulders watch the news, follow current events, has a job and responsibilities. One after another, these educated and intelligent people said 'yes, i'm familiar with the case' or 'I believe she is guilty'. With that, they were dismissed. If they remained neutral, the economy stopped these individuals from being able to serve because many are living paycheck to paycheck to keep heads above water. The system had to reach out to people who either had nothing better to do, no job and/or didn't follow the news or even read up on current events. Are these really the people we need to decide the fate of a murdering mother? Many of them expressed that they didn't want to be there, and were forced.. for reasons like 'I'd miss my husband too much' or 'I have a vacation coming up' . It seems clear that the group the law left to pick from was sub par. It would not surprise me if they all quickly agreed on the acquittal so they could return to their lives under a rock.

The only thing I will say as far as so many people comparing Scott Peterson with Casey Anthony...and I KNOW state does not have to prove motive...but Scott's motive was far more understandable to the average person IMO...girlfriend on the side, wants to be single, doesn't want wife and kids. The motive the state used for Casey was dubious, IMO. Cindy took care of Caylee...everyone knows that. Casey could have left her there for good any day of the week and Cindy would have been in hog heaven. So that is one main difference to me.

quoted from the link

I believe that this comment was based upon interpretation of what the jurors were stating. IMO, when they didn't know "exactly how" Caylee died, they are referencing to who killed her, if anyone, etc.

So, I disagree with this article (which I'm sure you knew I would :) )

I saw the interviews with both of them. Did you? The jury foreman actually said..."we were charged with indicting (should have been convicting - he seems to not have been aware she was already indicted - that's why she was on trial) on cause of death...etc."

She said the same thing, in effect. If you watch the interviews there is NO disputing that. They were convinced that they needed to know how she died.

I think it was me you were directing that question to but sacrablue answered on my behalf. I liked the answer sacrablue gave so I’m sticking with it and I thank him/her. Anyway, in answer to your question…I am not a grief counsellor. It is an extremely difficult job…if you take your work seriously… and not one I would aspire to. Now back to the topic.

LOL... yes, it was you I was directing it to; I tend not to always read the names that way I'm directing posts to the posts, not the posters :innocent:

My reference to that question was because you stated you worked a lot with grief. And, I was wondering if in your opinion she didn't exhibit grief, then what would you surmise about the other stories posted here that are similar to Casey's with people acting similar to her. They weren't experiencing grief either?

So, these same grandparents that everyone are saying are loving all of a sudden are covering for their daughter knowing that their granddaughter is murdered???
You betcha...3 years worth. GA told the truth in the end...1 + 1 = 2

Yes, they lied. They lied to protect HER. All their lies and actions were to protect her so the one truth they most likely told before they were sure of what she did was that she left each day around 1 to go to her fake job. Cindy lied to protect HER. Cindy washed all the clothing and dolls and car seats to protect HER. If Cindy hadnt' done all this there may have been more evidence.

When did George lie to protect her? He was implicating her to police from the beginning. He didn't pull any punches, he was pointing a finger at her all along. And on the witness stand he was the one to testify that Casey was the last one to have seen Caylee. No protection there.

And I remember Cheney Mason responding to a question as to whether Casey was going to go home after she was released by saying Casey wanted nothing to do with her father from the day that he testified against her at the grand jury hearing.

YEP, that is it. That is why people cant' stand them and that is why the case always looks like there is something missing. It was more important for them to cover up what KC did than tell the truth about what happened to poor Caylee. George was the only one willing to tell the truth and he was picked out to be the villain by the public. It was Cindy who protected the felon all her life. Now Cindy reaps what she sowed with her murderous daughter.

The only thing I will say as far as so many people comparing Scott Peterson with Casey Anthony...and I KNOW state does not have to prove motive...but Scott's motive was far more understandable to the average person IMO...girlfriend on the side, wants to be single, doesn't want wife and kids. The motive the state used for Casey was dubious, IMO. Cindy took care of Caylee...everyone knows that. Casey could have left her there for good any day of the week and Cindy would have been in hog heaven. So that is one main difference to me.
Not in the end she couldn't..she could have left her, yes...but IMHO Casey would NEVER have given her mother that satisfaction...never.

It could've been, however Casey was the only PARENT and as such the only who was obligated to protect HER child, in every sense of the word & she failed miserably.

She didn't just not report it, she lied. Lieing = a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

How she was found not guilty but jurors overlooked what she lied about (& why) is beyond me!

She killed her daughter and nothing could convince me otherwise! Her Judgement still awaits!

You're correct, she was responsible for her child. But, hypothetically, if you go to work and you bring your child to a daycare, does that mean you are still 100% responsible for what happens to your child? What if, while in the daycare, your child gets injured... should you be charged with neglect because you weren't watching the child you're responsible for?

And, the jurors didn't overlook that she lied, that is why she was found guilty of it.

I disagree with the verdict.

There is NO doubt in my mind that it was foul play by Casey. Casey's actions do not indicate that she would sit in jail for GA if it were an accident. Casey is always me, me, me. There is no evidence that she would be protecting her father. She would have told Yuri or JB would have told them if it were an accident. They would have explained the duct tape on the mouth as trying to contain fluids if it were true. She did not want anyone to find the body because there was foul play!

I think JB and his media people created this story to get her off on manslaughter only. No one predicted she would walk from ALL charges.

My thought on what happened? Caylee was being rented out as a child prostitute. Remember that time that Ricardo said he woke up and Caylee was not there? Casey was getting weird calls in the middle of the night? I think something went wrong--- she suffocated, and Casey freaked. I do not think it was chloroform, although they may have knocked her out to perform the acts. I do not see any evidence that it was a pool drowning... GA would not have gone to work and they would have taken down the pool. This is 100% Casey's fault. She didn't want ANYONE to find Caylee's remains. She was going to wait it out and hope for the best. Just like everything else in her life... graduating from hs and not telling her mom until the day of graduation, not telling anyone about her pregnancy, but not getting an abortion, the Universal hallway, leaving town after Caylee's death to go to California, but staying in bed with Tony for the 31 days, stealing money from Amy.... she just procrastinates and hopes for the best. Tomorrow's another day.

IMO your summation is very astute. We may ask: "Did Caylee have regular pediatrician check-ups, to detect physical abuse from being rented out or otherwise mistreated?"

If not, why not?

And as you noted, ICA's pool story faces formidable, logical obstacles. Just to reiterate two of these, the pool story requires:

(1) That GA went to work shortly after learning that Caylee had died in the pool. Thus GA knowingly left Caylee's deceased body to a disgraceful desecration.

(2) That ICA covered up this pool story for at least two years, despite desperate urgings for the truth from LE and presumably, from her own legal team.

To these two obstacles we may add the points you mentioned, as well as others.

The most plausible conclusion is that ICA lied about the pool story to cover her own felony misconduct with Caylee. There is no other logical reason for ICA to have presented a false pool accident.

IMO, the above logical construct was not overturned by anything presented at trial, including forensics.

:coffeecup::coffeecup:

By DT's admission, GA and Casey were the last to be with Caylee alive.

If that theory was how the law was intended, if I was out partying with a friend and they disappeared after we said our goodbye's, then later were found murdered... wouldn't that mean I was guilty?

OK, I'll bite! Let's say that the opening by the DT was true, where was Casey when she should have been watching HER daughter? Or was that not her responsibility either?

If she was in the care of her mother and her mother failed to watch her for a significant amount of time for Caylee to go outside, put up the ladder & climb in the pool, drown and have floated to the surface for George to grab her out without having to dive in, what is Casey's responsibility? I suggest:

Manslaughter by Culpable Negligence: Engaging in “Culpably Negligent” conduct that resulted in the death of another person.

Yet, Jury said NG on that charge too! It is inexcusable!!!!

When did George lie to protect her? He was implicating her to police from the beginning. He didn't pull any punches, he was pointing a finger at her all along. And on the witness stand he was the one to testify that Casey was the last one to have seen Caylee. No protection there.

And I remember Cheney Mason responding to a question as to whether Casey was going to go home after she was released by saying Casey wanted nothing to do with her father from the day that he testified against her at the grand jury hearing.
George's depos...and the tape....back tracking on the duct tape on the can. It was speculated here that Casey had put it on the can after using it on poor Caylee.

Same exact motive could be made for Casey. Cindy and Casey had a combative relationship, Jesse Grund said it was highly dysfunctional, reportedly Casey was jealous of the relationship between Cindy and Caylee, Cindy was controlling, Cindy claimed casey was a bad mother. It doesn't seem to me that it was so easy for Casey to give caylee to Cindy so she could party her heart away or that casey would even want that. I'd imagine that's why so many lies about taking Caylee to a sitter.
JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member