If you agree or disagree with the verdict, let us know why

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, it is exactly as I said, they can only hope that THE chloroform was used BEFORE the duct tape was applied. Not we can only hope that chloroform was used.

You're welcome... figured we might as well have the actual video if we're going to talk about it :)

But, I still stand by the original argument, JA didn't know what the chloroform was used for, therefore I don't feel accident shouldn't be ruled out.

As someone in the midst of the Anthony bashing at the time, and I do mean in the midst as some of our fine older members will remember, :innocent: the majority of the discussion regarding George was based on his refusing to put his full support with Caylee, and his disgraceful depo with Morgan and Morgan regarding ZFG. There was small and I do mean small discussion of sexual matters well into the case, when the jail letters were released. But nothing at that time was suggested in either the letters or our discussion that even came close to Baez's disgusting diatribe in his opening statements.
I do remember :innocent: What I recall with fondness is that we remained friends even though we disagreed. :pillowfight2: I am conflicted about the Anthony's .I wish them peace and hope they can move forward,but I do not want to see them rewarded for their bad behavior in trying to cover up for Casey.
I don't think George had anything to do with Caylee's death or throwing Caylee's body into the woods.

So what you're saying is that OCSO investigators purposely removed any food evidence from the trash bag when they emptied the contents into the dry room, standard practice when trying to preserve DNA evidence. And who would have instructed the CSI to do that ? And how do you know the bag of trash came from TL's apartment and it was not already in the Sunfire as FCA traipsed about Orlando ? It is just as likely that these food wrappers, pizza boxes, had no food in them at all. To corrupt evidence in a 1st degree murder trial is a serious accusation ....

I'm not saying it, that part of my post came directly from JB's closing statement. I do recall however that when GB was testifying he showed JB an official letter telling him to destroy his bench notes after he made his report. JB said to GB "you would never intentionally alter or destroy evidence would you?" GB answer "No." There were reciepts from TL's apartment in that white trash bag, along with tobacco spit from one of TL's friends on one of the cans in that bag. The photo of the wet trash looks like it could have food in it, but there is no way to know for sure, because the items from inside the white trash bag were dried out. All this came out in trial, and it was up to the jury to decide the relevance of GB's testimony. I know that almost everyone here on this site believes there was no food in the white trash bag.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

There was a post, directed at me specifically, that stated that the A's could possibly be considered the victims in this case and bashing the victims is against TOS. It was a question to whether or not the Mods would continue to allow "bashing" posts in regards to GA. I'm not sure who posted it, if the post is still there, what have you. But there was a post in regards to this.

You report "bashing posts" with the alert button. If a post is deleted, you don't refer to that post down thread and expect other members to understand your post.

I'm confused...in all my time here,I always thought it was against TOS to trash/bash/disrespect the victims...just curious...is George no longer considered a victim?

I don't see him as a victim. MOO

Thank you, it is exactly as I said, they can only hope that THE chloroform was used BEFORE the duct tape was applied. Not we can only hope that chloroform was used.

I agree, thank you! It's exactly as I said "We can only hope that the chloroform was used before the tape was applied so that Caylee went peacefully without feeling".

I'm not saying it, that part of my post came directly from JB's closing statement. I do recall however that when GB was testifying he showed JB an official letter telling him to destroy his bench notes after he made his report. JB said to GB "you would never intentionally alter or destroy evidence would you?" GB answer "No." There were reciepts from TL's apartment in that white trash bag, along with tobacco spit from one of TL's friends on one of the cans in that bag. The photo of the wet trash looks like it could have food in it, but there is no way to know for sure, because the items from inside the white trash bag were dried out. All this came out in trial, and it was up to the jury to decide the relevance of GB's testimony. I know that almost everyone here on this site believes there was no food in the white trash bag.

ITA, and to further that point... I believe that if any piece of meat, produce, what have you were in that bag, it would've been broken down to mush sitting in a trunk in the FL heat for at minimum 2 weeks. That "wet" puddle was part of the evidence, and after being dried up it wasn't able to be analyzed.

You report "bashing posts" with the alert button. If a post is deleted, you don't refer to that post down thread and expect other members to understand your post.

The post was more of a question for the mods for clarification, I don't think the original poster was attempting to report my post or anything. I posted the link above your post, to clear this up.

I could be wrong, but IIRC in their own testimony they rode in the car AFTER June 16th, during the 31 days Casey wasn't living at home.

No ,it was before the 16th ,but the DT continued to refer to it as though it was relavent.

I know from personal experience that college age guys eat like vultures, so I'm not surprised there was no food in the bag. Is it not standard practice for CSI folks to destroy bench notes AFTER transferring their findings to their official report. And if the trash was such a big deal, why did the car smell 2 years after the trash bag was removed and CA cleaned the car ?

The post was more of a question for the mods for clarification, I don't think the original poster was attempting to report my post or anything. I posted the link above your post, to clear this up.

I think you need to go back and look at some more posts.I never said anyone was bashing anyone else.

I disagree that discounting the air sample would not bring doubt as to whether or not there was a body in the trunk. I do agree that it would be absurd to believe that if only the air sample is discounted that there was not a body in the trunk.

So let me expound....

Now our favorite subject, the smell of death. Who testified to the smell of human decomposition? GB when answering the prosecution called it human decomposition, but when answering the defense called it decomposition. Dog handler Forgey. AV. MV. CA in her third 911 call in an effort to get the police to get there faster. SB who did not call 911 immediately after smelling human decomposition in the trunk. GA who did not call 911 immediately after smelling human decomposition in the trunk. Dr. Haskell. Who did not testify that they smelled human decomposition? Karen Sanchez from Amscot smelled garbage. TL who was standing near the trunk with KC. CB who picked up the car and took it to the towyard. MK who sat in the backseat. CH who also sat in the backseat. LE sargent smelled something, but it wasn't anything alarming enough to call csi. Deputy RE, didn't smell a thing. YM still did nothing even after being advised by GA about the odor in the trunk. Cpl BF didn't smell anything and he was in and out of the garage several times while the trunk was open. LE AA said she did not smell anything. This is not proof BARD that the odor from the car came from human decomposition.

I understand that one needs to look at the totality of circumstantial evidence. I also understand that you have to look at the evidence as a whole, however, when every single piece of the evidence that came from the trunk has reasonable doubt attached to it, how can the totality of this evidence prove anything at all BARD? It cannot.

The verdict in this case was correct.

Absence of evidence, is not by itself, evidence of absence. Yes some in the garage and in the back seat did not smell decomposition, but those with most expertise and who examined the trunk carefully did.

It is NOT true that every single piece of evidence from the trunk has reasonable doubt.

Even if you discount George and Cindy's testimony, which I do not, the others are pieces of evidence that are not subject to reasonable doubt.

Why is the trained dog's observation subject to reasonable doubt? Dogs don't lie and are not biased.

Why is Forgey's testimony subject to reasonable doubt?

Why is SB's testimony subject to reasonable doubt?

Why is Dr. Vass examination of the smell subject to reasonable doubt?

Why is Dr. Haskell's testimony on the smell subject to reasonable doubt?

It is NOT reasonable IMO to dismiss these four witnesses, and the dog (plus George and Cindy) because others who did not examine the trunk carefully did not smell decomposition.

What reasonable explanation can you provide for all these witnesses to be mistaken?

Is it really reasonable to assume that all the experienced experts, particularly the dog would confuse rotting trash (call it garbage if you will) for human decomposition. I am sorry but that IMO is not reasonable.

Even Dr. Huntington, the defense witness, had to admit in cross-examination that the car smelled two years after the trash had been removed.

Is it reasonable to assume that the lingering smell after two years was a result of trash or garbage. That, IMO, is not reasonable. That, IMO, is wild speculation.

The totality of the evidence of the smell in the car establishes, IMO, way beyond a reasonable doubt that there was a decomposing body in the trunk.

And even if a single strand of banded hair could be explained away, it cannot be explained away with the overwhelming evidence for the smell in the trunk.

The evidence for Caylee's decomposing body being in Casey's trunk is overwhelming.

ITA, and to further that point... I believe that if any piece of meat, produce, what have you were in that bag, it wouldn't broken down to mush sitting in a trunk in the FL heat for at minimum 2 weeks. That "wet" puddle was part of the evidence, and after being dried up it wasn't able to be analyzed.

Scientist would certainly be able to analyze dried material.There was no meat or cheese.The empty wrappers were inside the garbage bag ,not on the floor of the trunk.

Wonder why the DT didn't use Dr. Lee as an expert witness at the trial? He is their expert that examined the trunk. Not even a report :waitasec:

By the way all of these post about "bashing" has nothing to do with the topic of this forum. I am just as guilty for responding to all of these OT comments but I'm done!

Can we please get back on track and discuss the topic of "If you agree or disagree with the verdict, let us know why".

I think you need to go back and look at some more posts.I never said anyone was bashing anyone else.

I guess we're not understanding each other at all.

I didn't infer you posted people were bashing, I didn't infer that the other person in this topic was saying people were bashing.

My opinion of the other poster was that they were wondering if bashing GA was against TOS, why wasn't it against it before.

I brought the link to the post up because there seemed to have been confusion on what the other poster was talking about.

And, I wanted to clarify my post about the post being directed at a post I posted. I didn't mean in any way to infer that the person was trying to report my post (since there was a discussion on just reporting the "bashing") because I don't believe the poster had any intentions of that, the poster just wanted clarification if GA or CA are considered victims in this case and if we'd be allowed to speculate/bash/what have you either of them.

I hope this clears that all up. :innocent:

If the smell from the trunk was coming from the garbage, FCA would have removed it herself. She texted AH about the smell and would have done the obvious step of getting the garbage out of the car! That is reasonable, right?

I agree, thank you! It's exactly as I said "We can only hope that the chloroform was used before the tape was applied so that Caylee went peacefully without feeling".

My bolding in red

Are you intentionally taking it out of context or trying to spilt hairs? I am really sincerely confused.

The words "the" and "before" are the operative words. She did use it but hopefully it was beforehand so that caylee wasn't suffering and knowing what her mother was doing to her.

Major difference when the entire statement is kept in context and not parsed.

JA believed throughout the trial that the chloroform and duct tape were both used, to say at the very end he said he was hoping it was even used is illogical and just not true.

Scientist would certainly be able to analyze dried material.There was no meat or cheese.The empty wrappers were inside the garbage bag ,not on the floor of the trunk.

Wonder why the DT didn't use Dr. Lee as an expert witness at the trial? He is their expert that examined the trunk. Not even a report :waitasec:

I do believe it was possible there was meat in the bag at some point, maybe old food thrown away from the fridge even. But, after sitting in the trunk for 2+ weeks, it broke down to a puddle. I also believe that this puddle could've spilled in the trunk since the bag was not completely sealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member