Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't she text.."please call me"?
Heck...why didn't she call 911?

Again, not sure how many time I have to explain this...IF this is what happened I think that after she panicked and tried calling them and when no one picked up she had a moment to let it all sink in. Maybe she was going to text them, maybe she thought about calling 911, maybe she didn’t, I don’t know. I think that when she thought about it she realized that everything was going to change and she didn’t want that to happen. She knew her parents would never forgive her and that they were right all along about her not taking care of Caylee. She knew that with this happening she wasn’t going to be able to go to Tony’s or to Fusions, she was going to have to deal with this and that was the last thing she wanted to do. She wanted to pretend as nothing had happened. So she did what Casey does, she was faced with a problem and she lied just as Ashton stated in his closing arguments. She covered it up and figured she’d deal with it later and when she could no longer just deal with it later (the smell) she dumped her in the swamp.

She couldn't call 911 because she couldn't risk LE detecting the chloroform and that would have thrown her accidental drowing theory out the window -- at that point it was lose, lose.

imo

Although it wasn't brought out in the trial, I believe CA told one of her coworkers she wanted to give FCA a chance to explain first. Her coworkers were telling her to call the police. Anyone else remember that deposition?

IMO

Just to add jon_burrows was that Cindy was completely confused because she had been speaking/texting to CFCA on a daily basis, and she was being told Caylee and CFCA were both away pursuing the big new romance with Jeffrey, the trust fund fellow, and his little boy.
So when she found the car, she knew there was something wrong with that story, since obviously CFCA was not driving her car. She suspected she was being played, that CFCA was keeping her from seeing Caylee, probably as some kind of punishment for complaining about her account being robbed and then the Grandfather's account being hacked. If I remember, her Supervisor told her to go and find her. CA then found Amy's phone number in the so-called "work bag" that had been left in the car, got in touch with her, got directed to Tony L.'s apartment, and we know how the rest played out.

First CA was told Caylee was with the Nanny but would be sleeping now and CFCA didn't want to disturb her, and then when Lee told her the LE wouldn't be satisfied with her not producing Caylee, the kidnapping story was born.
CFCA still tried to snow the first investigator on the scene by telling him it was nothing, just CA butting into stuff and making things up, and the rest is history of course.

If it was an accident and she couldn't get hold of GA/CA, why didn't she call Lee ?

An interesting question. Why didn't anyone, call anyone? Not only if it was an accident, but why, oh why didn't someone call LE when the car was at the tow lot?

Why didn't the tow lot guy call? Why didn't GA call at that point? I guess we all know why CA didn't call, but it boggles the mind that all these people knew that car smelled like death and didn't report it until they were forced too. Absolutely unreal.

I think it is things like this that led to so many people following this case. It is impossible to wrap your head around it. So many things make no sense at all. FCA lied for 2 years and apparently her parents never called her on it - who does that? Then she took Caylee and ran away from home. The lies she told during that 31 days are just outrageous.

The whole thing is mind boggling to me..... In my opinion, FCA murdered Caylee with malice aforethought. But the actions of this family are, again in my opinion, completely twisted. :banghead::innocent:

Salem

Although it wasn't brought out in the trial, I believe CA told one of her coworkers she wanted to give FCA a chance to explain first. Her coworkers were telling her to call the police. Anyone else remember that deposition?

IMO

I remember the deposition and you are 100% correct! Im a mom, one just turned 26 and the other just turned 7, and all the "no matter what you did mommy and daddy are here for you" or "you can tell us anything and we wont be mad at you" or "we love you no matter what" speeches would not just fly out the window if anything suspicious involved either one of them. If I knew they were safe (CA talked to ICA every day) I would talk to them FIRST and from there I would give my "we have to face this and do the right thing" speech, lol!

BBM - I'll take a stab at that question...because she wrapped three long layers of a very rare brand of Henkel duct tape around Caylee's nose/mouth and into her hair until she suffocated to death. She stuffed her body in two garbage bags and a laundry hamper then went on her merry way to Tony's apt.

If she called 911 and they got there in time, they would have saved Caylee and foiled her beautiful life without Caylee.

IMO

An interesting question. Why didn't anyone, call anyone? Not only if it was an accident, but why, oh why didn't someone call LE when the car was at the tow lot?

Why didn't the tow lot guy call? Why didn't GA call at that point? I guess we all know why CA didn't call, but it boggles the mind that all these people knew that car smelled like death and didn't report it until they were forced too. Absolutely unreal.

I think it is things like this that led to so many people following this case. It is impossible to wrap your head around it. So many things make no sense at all. FCA lied for 2 years and apparently her parents never called her on it - who does that? Then she took Caylee and ran away from home. The lies she told during that 31 days are just outrageous.

The whole thing is mind boggling to me..... In my opinion, FCA murdered Caylee with malice aforethought. But the actions of this family are, again in my opinion, completely twisted. :banghead::innocent:

Salem

Well, we know GA didn't call right then because he wanted to get the car home and CA told him she would take care of it. GA was starting a new job that day so he went off to work. He was relieved neither FCCA or Caylee were in the trunk. What parent immediately thinks your child killed your grandchild?
The tow guy probably didn't call because there wasn't a body in the car, and the owners of the car drove the car off of the lot. What would he have said? For all he knew, the LE already knew about it.
CA wanted to find CFCA for an explanation because she was supposed to be out of town romancing the guy with the money, Jeffrey, and have her car with her and clearly she didn't. But she finally did call when CFCA refused to produce her grandchild. But I don't think it occurred to any of them on that day that Caylee's body had actually been decomposing in the trunk.

I remember the deposition and you are 100% correct! Im a mom, one just turned 26 and the other just turned 7, and all the "no matter what you did mommy and daddy are here for you" or "you can tell us anything and we wont be mad at you" or "we love you no matter what" speeches would not just fly out the window if anything suspicious involved either one of them. If I knew they were safe (CA talked to ICA every day) I would talk to them FIRST and from there I would give my "we have to face this and do the right thing" speech, lol!

The story that CFCA was afraid of her parents flies completely out the window when you consider that for months she had been stealing money from her mother's account as was still living at home, and the final nail is watching her talk to her parents in the jail videos. We see temper tantrums, foul language, impatience, disrespect, a condescending manner, jeering at their tears, but we never see fear.

You make many many assumptions which somehow, someway gets morphed into being evidence. Where's the evidence that he "casually" went to work? How do you know whether he even wanted to go to work but had no choice? How do you know that he and Cindy didn't come to an agreement that he needed to go to work while she notified LE, which she DID? How do you know he wasn't still trying to something to get to the bottom of it while at work?

If it was george who did the 911 calling instead of Cindy, would Cindy now be the one accused of being involved because she didn't call 911 herself?

You are correct here, because George was starting a new job that day, and the LE confirmed that fact.

It's not! But what is hard to believe that she then taped her nose & mouth, tripled bagged herself, rolled (perhaps?) to the swamp at the very same time her imaginanny kidnapped her while her "good Mom" was at her imaginary job!!!

Given you are at the point where you have a dead body on your hands, that you now have to figure out what to do with. Your choices are rather limited. In the short term, duct tape to stop body fluids leaking out and/or bugs entering her nose and mouth. Several trash bags to cover and hide the body and not draw attention if see by anyone.

Again, not sure how many time I have to explain this...IF this is what happened I think that after she panicked and tried calling them and when no one picked up she had a moment to let it all sink in. Maybe she was going to text them, maybe she thought about calling 911, maybe she didn’t, I don’t know. I think that when she thought about it she realized that everything was going to change and she didn’t want that to happen. She knew her parents would never forgive her and that they were right all along about her not taking care of Caylee. She knew that with this happening she wasn’t going to be able to go to Tony’s or to Fusions, she was going to have to deal with this and that was the last thing she wanted to do. She wanted to pretend as nothing had happened. So she did what Casey does, she was faced with a problem and she lied just as Ashton stated in his closing arguments. She covered it up and figured she’d deal with it later and when she could no longer just deal with it later (the smell) she dumped her in the swamp.

Did you read the autopsy report? The jurors could but didn't bother. They had interviews to do, get an agent asking for six figures for an interview, scoot on over to Disney...you know, more important things than read REAL EVIDENCE in a first degree murder case.

IMO

Did you read the autopsy report?

Isn't it amazing that for three long years listening to evidence, sifting through depos, reading articles and listening to Baez day after day in front of any camera he could find, there was absolutely no mention whatsoever of even the possibility of an accidental drowning until the OS?

What kind of lawyer lets his client sit in jail for those three long years while he is out getting free big time media exposure, when she could have fessed up on the first day, the first month, even the second months and gotten off with a probation sentence for improper disposal of a body? Well besides the six felony cheque writing charges and sentence of course...

Why does this accident "theory" even not begin to pass the smell test?

Did you read the autopsy report? The jurors could but didn't bother. They had interviews to do, get an agent asking for six figures for an interview, scoot on over to Disney...you know, more important things than read REAL EVIDENCE in a first degree murder case.

IMO

And I'm wondering how the jury is feeling about the six felony fraud convictions from the same time period, now there are out being free with a little time on their hands...

IMO

Yes I did. If you read what I wrote it was in response to IF there was an accident. I didn't say there was so you might want to go back and read the complete thread. As far as the jurors, it's pretty comical that you would say that since there have only been a few jurors who came forward and two of them haven't even showed there face so to assume that they were ALL interested in doing interviews and getting money is very far fetched.

Deliberation is an act of examining, considering or discussing the reasons for and against a measure. Deliberation includes collective discussions and exchange of preliminary facts. It is through deliberation that a party analyzes whether a thing should be done in a particular way or not. Law presumes that all acts performed are done with due deliberation.

HMMMM, DONT SEE "TWISTING" IN THE LEGAL DEFINITION!!!

In my post I didn't say that deliberation is defined by twisting. Therefore, I would assume it isn't in the definition.

I do believe though, the original post this derived from dealt with the jury having to twist a lot to come up with a NG verdict (twist a lot on their own beliefs), and IMO, they didn't have to twist that much from their verdict. I'm sorry that I must be causing some confusion, I hope this clears that up. :)

I don't think anyone called George a child molester...saying that they were in denial and that they lied to cover for their daughter did in fact turn out to be true...a truth that some now seem to be willing to accept as the reason George was involved.
And...when we did step over the line...we were reminded to watch our pdqs by the mods. I'll wait to hear from the powers to be if we are or are not still considering George a victim.

As someone in the midst of the Anthony bashing at the time, and I do mean in the midst as some of our fine older members will remember, :innocent: the majority of the discussion regarding George was based on his refusing to put his full support with Caylee, and his disgraceful depo with Morgan and Morgan regarding ZFG. There was small and I do mean small discussion of sexual matters well into the case, when the jail letters were released. But nothing at that time was suggested in either the letters or our discussion that even came close to Baez's disgusting diatribe in his opening statements.

how is CA calling her daughter to get to the bottom of it, not gettting to the bottom of it?

they didn't mull over the "smell" for weeks, this all happened in a matter of hours.

I was specifically referring to GA in my post. He got to the bottom of her jobs, so I don't know why he would take the back burner on this when this is his previous line of work.

And, after CA went to work and came home, she attempted to get ahold of Casey. Casey didnt' answer the phone. Wouldn't panic set in at that point? Wouldn't someone get that "sunken" feeling, smelling a dead body and your daughter isn't answering the phone? I think I would.

Yes I did. If you read what I wrote it was in response to IF there was an accident. I didn't say there was so you might want to go back and read the complete thread. As far as the jurors, it's pretty comical that you would say that since there have only been a few jurors who came forward and two of them haven't even showed there face so to assume that they were ALL interested in doing interviews and getting money is very far fetched.

I'd guess backlash checkmates money......

Salem

Excellent post - the whole case is twisted from beginning to end, lie after lie, and yet people expect the jurors to shift through these lies, twists, turns, allegations, and come up with a verdict that suits what everyone thinks they know about this case.

In my opinion, if the truth be known, none of us, probably not even JB or CM, let alone the State, know the half of what really went down.

You make many many assumptions which somehow, someway gets morphed into being evidence. Where's the evidence that he "casually" went to work? How do you know whether he even wanted to go to work but had no choice? How do you know that he and Cindy didn't come to an agreement that he needed to go to work while she notified LE, which she DID? How do you know he wasn't still trying to something to get to the bottom of it while at work?

If it was george who did the 911 calling instead of Cindy, would Cindy now be the one accused of being involved because she didn't call 911 herself?

He had a choice, he could've even lied to CA saying he was going to work and attempted to find Casey himself.

The phone records show he made no attempt to get ahold of Casey, which I'm sure he could've done from his cell on his way to work. But, he made no attempts.

And, if GA did the calling while CA was in the home, I think it would look like they were truly concerned over the smell, the missing granddaughter, and not being able to get ahold of their daughter. Instead, they both go to work. The "casual" comment is MOO, because I just can't fathom doing this if I were in their shoes. I don't care if I'd lose my job, I would've called my boss immediately and explained what was going on. If my boss didn't understand, then I wouldn't be happy working for that company anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor