GUILTY IL - 5 Gee/Constant family members murdered in Beeson, 21 Sept 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Time change in Beason Murders News Conference

We are expecting to hear new developments in the ongoing investigation into the brutal murders of five family members in Beason. The Logan County Sheriff has scheduled a news conference for this afternoon at 5:30 (it is not at 2:00). The man arrested in connection to the deaths had a quick court appearance yesterday. Thirty-year-old Chris Harris is charged with five counts of first degree murder and one count of attempted murder for the deaths of Rick and Ruth Gee and their three children. A three-year-old family member survived the attack. Investigators still have not given a motive for the deaths and say the investigation is not over. We will broadcast the news conference live on StormCenter 17 and at wandtv.com.

http://www.wandtv.com/global/story.asp?s=11273367#

Time change in Beason Murders News Conference

We are expecting to hear new developments in the ongoing investigation into the brutal murders of five family members in Beason. The Logan County Sheriff has scheduled a news conference for this afternoon at 5:30 (it is not at 2:00). The man arrested in connection to the deaths had a quick court appearance yesterday. Thirty-year-old Chris Harris is charged with five counts of first degree murder and one count of attempted murder for the deaths of Rick and Ruth Gee and their three children. A three-year-old family member survived the attack. Investigators still have not given a motive for the deaths and say the investigation is not over. We will broadcast the news conference live on StormCenter 17 and at wandtv.com.

http://www.wandtv.com/global/story.asp?s=11273367#

Thanks OBE, I was just getting ready to post that. Wonder what is going to happen.

Thanks OBE, I was just getting ready to post that. Wonder what is going to happen.

YW.

I really dont know lajr. I hope it is some kind of update on the case.

Maybe they will speak out if they think other suspects are involved or if they have ruled that out now.

imo

LINCOLN -- Three people were arrested Wednesday on charges of obstruction of justice in connection with the Beason family slayings.

Arrested early Wednesday morning were Jason L. Harris, 22, and his girlfriend Jennifer C. Earnest, 24, of Armington, and Earnest's mother, Sarah A. Duncan, 43, of Sarasota, Fla.

Also...............

Police searched the homes of Debbie Harris, Jason Harris and Nicole Gee last week, testing bathtubs and cars for traces of blood, according to Debbie Harris.

Debbie Harris said on Monday that she'd been assured by Nichols that the investigation was ongoing and "this case isn't over, not by a long shot." She said her stepson was innocent.

"We don't feel that there'll be any more arrests in our family," she said.

When reached by phone on Tuesday, apparently after the new arrests, she appeared distraught and said an attorney had told her not to talk to the media.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_454df094-b34f-11de-a81a-001cc4c002e0.html

I wouldn't think that is true WLR. The Pastor said that many thousands of dollars has been donated for the Gee burial expenses and they have received monies from all across the country. They are still receiving funds so I think the funeral director would put them away the way the family wanted. Maybe whomever had the say so wanted them all cremated and they put them all inside of the same casket so they could all be buried together.

imo

Thanks, I thought I had pretty much read all of the articles.

This part may have already been posted but I just noticed it. I find the timing uncanny.

The Harris brothers' stepmother, Debbie Harris, told The Pantagraph earlier this week that Chris Harris was staying at his brother's house in Armington in the days leading up to the deaths.

Chris Harris and Nicole Gee, daughter of Rick Gee, divorced in 2007 but reconciled and had an 8-week-old son. He sometimes lived with her in Beason, but Debbie Harris said they had had a fight and he was temporarily staying in Armington to "just give her a chance to cool off."

imo

This part may have already been posted but I just noticed it. I find the timing uncanny.

The Harris brothers' stepmother, Debbie Harris, told The Pantagraph earlier this week that Chris Harris was staying at his brother's house in Armington in the days leading up to the deaths.

Chris Harris and Nicole Gee, daughter of Rick Gee, divorced in 2007 but reconciled and had an 8-week-old son. He sometimes lived with her in Beason, but Debbie Harris said they had had a fight and he was temporarily staying in Armington to "just give her a chance to cool off."

imo
Interesting! Thank you for posting this oceanblue!

LINCOLN -- Three people were arrested Wednesday on charges of obstruction of justice in connection with the Beason family slayings.

Arrested early Wednesday morning were Jason L. Harris, 22, and his girlfriend Jennifer C. Earnest, 24, of Armington, and Earnest's mother, Sarah A. Duncan, 43, of Sarasota, Fla.

Also...............

Police searched the homes of Debbie Harris, Jason Harris and Nicole Gee last week, testing bathtubs and cars for traces of blood, according to Debbie Harris.
Debbie Harris said on Monday that she'd been assured by Nichols that the investigation was ongoing and "this case isn't over, not by a long shot." She said her stepson was innocent.

"We don't feel that there'll be any more arrests in our family," she said.
When reached by phone on Tuesday, apparently after the new arrests, she appeared distraught and said an attorney had told her not to talk to the media.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_454df094-b34f-11de-a81a-001cc4c002e0.html
bold and quote box mine.. just to set off what I find interesting! Debbie may be speaking a bit soon, eh? I bet this is just the beginning of possible string of people that had something to do in the "after the fact" of this horrible crime! ((moo))

If you are entirely innocent and had nothing to do with a murder and was in fact asleep at your brother's, why on earth would there be evidence that 3 people are lying for you?

I don't think that the criminal was smart enough to cover his shoes and probably used a "weapon" that can be traced back to him.

Whether more people are involved, I don't know. From day one it was thought that a female was there, too. But, I do think that Harris is the guy.

I have to wonder if the step mom raised him and his brother, from an early age? It is commendable for her to support him, but now both brothers are in jail.

I am thrilled LE has made arrests for OJ charges. I get so sick and tired of reading about family and friends helping these 's. We see it in almost every case we cover here at WS.

If you are entirely innocent and had nothing to do with a murder and was in fact asleep at your brother's, why on earth would there be evidence that 3 people are lying for you?

I don't think that the criminal was smart enough to cover his shoes and probably used a "weapon" that can be traced back to him.

Whether more people are involved, I don't know. From day one it was thought that a female was there, too. But, I do think that Harris is the guy.

I have to wonder if the step mom raised him and his brother, from an early age? It is commendable for her to support him, but now both brothers are in jail.

I felt from day one that the Harris family was trying to spin this case since they knew LE would not be speaking out on what they have.

All I know is the US Marshals don't go to arrest someone in another state for nothing.

I am not sure further arrests will be made but I sure wouldn't be surprised if additional charges are filed. These three better sing like a canary about what they know and what they have done or they are going to be facing serious jail time themselves.

imo

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_7392e1a6-b41e-11de-827b-001cc4c002e0.html

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Brother also charged in Gee murders

LINCOLN -- Jason Harris of Armington was charged today with five counts of murder and one count of attempted murder in the Gee family slayings last month in Beason.

The charges are identical to the ones filed Oct. 2 against his brother, Christopher J. Harris.

The murder charges allege Jason Harris struck blows with the intent to kill Rick and Ruth Gee and three of their children. He is charged with attempted murder against Tabitha Gee, the Gees' 3-year-old daughter who survived the attack.

Jason Harris, who appeared in Logan County Circuit Court today to face charges, will have a preliminary hearing Oct. 13.

I was sure off base on this one. I thought for sure Chris Harris had done these murders by himself.

To know that the Gee family faced these two is so heartbreaking.

God bless the Gee family and may justice be done.

I was sure off base on this one. I thought for sure Chris Harris had done these murders by himself.

To know that the Gee family faced these two is so heartbreaking.

God bless the Gee family and may justice be done.

Hey OCB, How many times did I say in previous postings that not ONE person committed these tragic crimes by themself!! I knew all along it was more than one and I still hold strong in my belief (MOO) that Nicole Gee will at some point face some charges herself. I could very well be wrong about her, however, my gut instinct tells me she is somehow involved in this crime!!! In no way am I trying to one up you, it just never fit that it was a single person without some help. I still speculate on what who did at what time and why?? Again, only time will tell what type of evidence Logan County and ISP have. I am still waiting for little Tabitha to be the one that can rat them all out!!! Take Care!! God bless all who are following this god-awful disturbing case!! :twocents::banghead::waitasec:

I was a little surprised to see Nicole Gee defend Harris. I know I should not be, but I am. You think she'd be a little more worried about her kids and the deaths in her family.

"All this is such a mess and it is not right at all. now not only has my children lost 5 very close family members but there daddy is being set up and taken away this is too much," Gee wrote in her error-laden message.

"…there is hard solid evidence of all 6 of them fighting for there lives and chris had not even the slightest nik on his body anywhere. he had been by our side through all this in every possible way and now they took him from us too," she continued.
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/07/crimesider/entry5369076.shtml

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582