GUILTY IL - 5 Gee/Constant family members murdered in Beeson, 21 Sept 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But how do we really know he didn't do this on his own accord, ann? Do you mean the horrid acts themselves or that someone else knew it was going to happen?

I don't know the motive but it seems very personal to me and much more than just about drugs. Family members or ex family members have been known to kill families. No matter how small the town is murders like this are happening. No town, no matter how small, is immune from it unfortunately. Family dynamics are in every town across the country.

He had help? In the actual murders? Imo, I am not so sure I see where he had to have help. A man in Brunswick Georgia is charged with killing 8 people and one attempted murder. The police said he did it alone and they have the evidence to prove it. They too were bludgeoned to death. Also I read not too long ago where a man crept into his house late at night and killed all six family members and three of them were adults. So it does happen with one sole perpetrator.

I read that the main investigative team who had been brought in went home for the first time this weekend. Sounds like they aren't nearly as stressed as they were and the case may be winding down some.

Now I do agree if anyone knew about this or knew it was going to happen or even aided and abetted Harris after the fact then they should be arrested too and charged.

imo

I totally get where you are coming from, however, I still don't believe he did this on his own (meaning with out some influence from Nicole or others). Do I believe it is possible??? ABSOLUTELY, I have heard/seen crimes for much less and as brutal. All I am doing is trying desperately to understand WHY such a crime happens let alone the psyche behind it... Take Care and the more info I gather the more it all makes sense... Not that it may ever happen.... :waitasec::banghead::twocents:JMO as always, just blabbing...

I totally get where you are coming from, however, I still don't believe he did this on his own (meaning with out some influence from Nicole or others). Do I believe it is possible??? ABSOLUTELY, I have heard/seen crimes for much less and as brutal. All I am doing is trying desperately to understand WHY such a crime happens let alone the psyche behind it... Take Care and the more info I gather the more it all makes sense... Not that it may ever happen.... :waitasec::banghead::twocents:JMO as always, just blabbing...

Ok, thank you. I wasn't quite sure what you were saying in the other post.

I do understand and I think we all are trying to make sense out of a senseless case.

I suppose if that is true then more arrest will follow. Maybe that will happen this week.

I do think that there is a possibility that another knew beforehand or immediately afterward but as of now I think he is the sole murderer of the Gee family but of course that is subject to change if we get additional information to the contrary.

imo

Ok, thank you. I wasn't quite sure what you were saying in the other post.

I do understand and I think we all are trying to make sense out of a senseless case.

I suppose if that is true then more arrest will follow. Maybe that will happen this week.

I do think that there is a possibility that another knew beforehand or immediately afterward but as of now I think he is the sole murderer of the Gee family but of course that is subject to change if we get additional information to the contrary.

imo

Totally agree, I guess we (me) just have to wait and see. Honestly, I hope I am right and he was not the sole individual involved in this horrific act of violence!!! Only time will tell and evidence it self should tell... Thanks Oceanblueeyes!! :waitasec::banghead::furious:

He had help? In the actual murders? Imo, I am not so sure I see where he had to have help. A man in Brunswick Georgia is charged with killing 8 people and one attempted murder. The police said he did it alone and they have the evidence to prove it. They too were bludgeoned to death. Also I read not too long ago where a man crept into his house late at night and killed all six family members and three of them were adults. So it does happen with one sole perpetrator.

imo

The guy in the case you have mentioned more then once on this forum HAS NOT been found quilty. The police can say all they want they have to prove he did it.They havent even gave a reason for they're charging him with murder. I have NEVER seen that happen. We know nothing of evidence they have to prove anything. NONE of the facts of that case have came forword. They are still building a case agaisnt him.

I will link the long ago case for for you.There is still a question of how many pepetrators,even though the man charged was hung for the crime. So maybe it does happen with one sole person beating lots of people to death but all three of the cases are still up in the air.http://www.macon.com/local/story/858261.html

http://www.wgntv.com/wgntv-chi-family-killed-oct3,0,7031860.story

Bail is denied in slayings of 5 in Beason, IL

Excerpt:

While the two "didn't appear to have the greatest relationship together," the neighbor described Harris as a good father who "seemed like a normal guy."

Nicole Gee had been the second person to speak at her family's funeral, and spoke for less than 30 seconds. "I'm sure you understand there's a lot going on...," said the visibly upset woman, her voice trailing off and becoming inaudible toward the back of the room.

Roger Miller, 24, who said he was Dillen Constant's half-brother, stopped by the victims' house with his brother and mother Friday and laid a red rose on the memorial in front of the Gees' gray house, which is sealed off by police tape.

He said he first met Harris at the funeral Monday. Harris was with Nicole Gee and was holding their baby, Miller said.

"That's what's really upsetting," said his mother, Terry Miller.

Roger Miller said too many questions remain in the case.

"It's a relief sort of that there's been an arrest, but I can't sit here and have any kind of closure," he said. "There's still a lot more they have to figure out."

The guy in the case you have mentioned more then once on this forum HAS NOT been found guilty. The police can say all they want they have to prove he did it.They haven't even gave a reason for they're charging him with murder. I have NEVER seen that happen. We know nothing of evidence they have to prove anything. NONE of the facts of that case have came forward. They are still building a case against him.

I will link the long ago case for for you.There is still a question of how many perpetrators,even though the man charged was hung for the crime. So maybe it does happen with one sole person beating lots of people to death but all three of the cases are still up in the air.http://www.macon.com/local/story/858261.html

We aren't in a court of law, Soul. We are on a crime message board where opinions are expressed before, during and after the trial. Imo, I believe Doering when he said Heinz Jr. is the sole perpetrator and they have arrested the man who did these crimes and have evidence to prove it. If you don't then of course that is your entitled right also.

I have no clue what you mean Soul when you say they haven't even said why they are charging Heinz Jr. He has been charged for the 8 murders and one attempted murder. Plain and simple that is the reason he was charged with the crimes.:waitasec: with the DA seeking the death penalty. The DA doesn't have to come out and give anything to the public. He has to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt in a courtroom and I believe wholeheartedly he will do so. Again, IMO.

There are always cases that others hang onto and try to project the crimes weren't done by the one convicted. I haven't read the case you have listed yet but is this the one where they found his bloody shirt stuffed somewhere and it is an older case where he murdered his family? I don't know about that case but with todays technology and forensic expertise I think there is DNA evidence galore in this case as well as the Heinz case and there will be no doubt whatsoever as to who is the guilty party.

I will continue to mention the two cases together. They have similarities imo.

imo

The guy in the case you have mentioned more then once on this forum HAS NOT been found quilty. The police can say all they want they have to prove he did it.They havent even gave a reason for they're charging him with murder. I have NEVER seen that happen. We know nothing of evidence they have to prove anything. NONE of the facts of that case have came forword. They are still building a case agaisnt him.

I will link the long ago case for for you.There is still a question of how many pepetrators,even though the man charged was hung for the crime. So maybe it does happen with one sole person beating lots of people to death but all three of the cases are still up in the air.http://www.macon.com/local/story/858261.html

100% agree with you Soulmagent, let alone the flimsy evidence they might have. Not sure yet how I feel, however, totally stand by my first beliefs if Christopher Harris did do this, (??) he was not alone in this GOD AWFULL CRIME!!! They say they seized a similar truck, however, I have not seen a picture of this supposed truck. Till the day they show me any type of evidence I will sit here and wait and speculate?? God Bless the Family and the BABY how will live through this the rest of her life!!! That is what kills me the most!! :twocents::banghead::waitasec::waitasec:

http://www.sj-r.com/news/x593068472/Daughter-of-Rick-Gee-doubts-her-ex-husband-responsible-for-Beason-slayings

MySpace post: Ex-husband Harris 'innocent'

A posting on a MySpace page attributed to Nicole Gee says “there’s not a doubt in my mind” that her ex-husband is innocent of the killings of her father, her father’s wife and three of their children.

Her former husband, Christopher J. Harris, 30, been charged with five counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Raymond “Rick” Gee, his wife, Ruth, and children Justina Constant, 16, Dillen Constant, 14 and Austin Gee, 11, inside their home in Beason. Harris also faces an attempted murder charge for allegedly trying to kill another child, 3-year-old Tabitha Gee, who survived the attack.

http://www.sj-r.com/news/x593068472/Daughter-of-Rick-Gee-doubts-her-ex-husband-responsible-for-Beason-slayings

MySpace post: Ex-husband Harris 'innocent'

A posting on a MySpace page attributed to Nicole Gee says “there’s not a doubt in my mind” that her ex-husband is innocent of the killings of her father, her father’s wife and three of their children.

Her former husband, Christopher J. Harris, 30, been charged with five counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Raymond “Rick” Gee, his wife, Ruth, and children Justina Constant, 16, Dillen Constant, 14 and Austin Gee, 11, inside their home in Beason. Harris also faces an attempted murder charge for allegedly trying to kill another child, 3-year-old Tabitha Gee, who survived the attack.

And that is so understandable. Who would want to believe someone they may have loved or known well could do something like this? I think it is a protective mechanism that some use to cope with the overwhelming grief they feel. It is much better to believe the one they know is not guilty of these crimes rather than having to face that they may very well be the one.

If Nicole is not involved then it is only natural that she believes Harris is innocent. Sometimes the truth is very brutal and facing that on top of the extreme loss already suffered is just too much to consider for some.

As far as the case they have against Harris, I think they have much more than fingerprints but those could be defining moments too. If they found Harris' bloody fingerprints on the walls, etc. that then the only way those could have gotten there is if he was at the bloody crime scene when it was happening. And I wouldn't be surprised if there are bloody fingerprints left behind. With forensics advancements they can even identify bloody fingerprints left on the clothing of the victims where the perp grabbed them while the victims were bleeding profusely.

imo

And that is so understandable. Who would want to believe someone they may have loved or known well could do something like this? I think it is a protective mechanism that some use to cope with the overwhelming grief they feel. It is much better to believe the one they know is not guilty of these crimes rather than having to face that they may very well be the one.

If Nicole is not involved then it is only natural that she believes Harris is innocent. Sometimes the truth is very brutal and facing that on top of the extreme loss already suffered is just too much to consider for some.

As far as the case they have against Harris, I think they have much more than fingerprints but those could be defining moments too. If they found Harris' bloody fingerprints on the walls, etc. that then the only way those could have gotten there is if he was at the bloody crime scene when it was happening. And I wouldn't be surprised if there are bloody fingerprints left behind. With forensics advancements they can even identify bloody fingerprints left on the clothing of the victims where the perp grabbed them while the victims were bleeding profusely.

imo

This case is going to be so tough for every spectator, family friend, crime lover, etc. until they actually bring out what evidence they truly have against Christopher Harris. I understand what Nicole Gee is saying that her hubby could not do this crime, however, I still believe if he did do it she had some sort of influence in his decision. If I am wrong, my apologies!!! Of course she would post that he is innocent until they make more arrests (which I believe will happen). I can't say how I stand on this because no evidence at this point in time proves him guilty or innocent. I guess only time will tell and anything else is just speculation and innuendo!! Take Care Everyone, And this is JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION!!!:innocent::waitasec::banghead::twocents:

Logan County court records show that Rick Gee's daughter Nicole was married to Harris for about three years. She filed for divorce in 2006 on charges of mental cruelty. Even though Harris and Nicole Gee divorced a couple years ago they apparently continued a relationship. Residents say they have a two month old baby together.

In May of this year, Gee filed a petition regarding child support payments ...and said that Chris Harris left the family in April.

It's not clear where he was living when the murders happened.

Residents say they are just glad police are making progress.

Well it makes you feel a little better. I figured they'd find him.

more at link.......... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33147045/ns/local_news-peoria_il/

My heart and thoughts keep going out to little Tabitha.

Any word on her condition at this point?

I also wonder about her future- both immediate and distant.

Who will be granted custody of her?

Is Nicole still visiting her/ holding vigil at her hospital bedside?

It seems I have yet another toddler I've never even met in my prayers.

My heart and thoughts keep going out to little Tabitha.

Any word on her condition at this point?

I also wonder about her future- both immediate and distant.

Who will be granted custody of her?

Is Nicole still visiting her/ holding vigil at her hospital bedside?

It seems I have yet another toddler I've never even met in my prayers.

It seems that the custody of both minor children has been turned over to the state. This article also states that Nicole is no longer allowed to visit Tabitha, and that security has been increased at the hospital.

http://www.sj-r.com/news/x593070741/Harris-transferred-security-stepped-up-in-Beason-slayings

My Mother heard this, and I am throwing this out to see if anyone has heard this and if so, was it in the news? That the family could only afford one casket so all were cremated and buried in one casket? That makes me so sad if true.

My Mother heard this, and I am throwing this out to see if anyone has heard this and if so, was it in the news? That the family could only afford one casket so all were cremated and buried in one casket? That makes me so sad if true.

I wouldn't think that is true WLR. The Pastor said that many thousands of dollars has been donated for the Gee burial expenses and they have received monies from all across the country. They are still receiving funds so I think the funeral director would put them away the way the family wanted. Maybe whomever had the say so wanted them all cremated and they put them all inside of the same casket so they could all be buried together.

imo

It seems that the custody of both minor children has been turned over to the state. This article also states that Nicole is no longer allowed to visit Tabitha, and that security has been increased at the hospital.

http://www.sj-r.com/news/x593070741/Harris-transferred-security-stepped-up-in-Beason-slayings

Glad to hear it, the fact that Nicole & Christopher didn't leave little Tabitha's bedside since this occurred has disturbed me deeply. In my heart, I believe the together have something to do with this. Don't know what quite yet, but I believe she at some point will be arrested also. She did not just get back together with him and have another baby, and then all of a sudden he decides to murder her entire family. Doesn't add up!! :banghead::banghead::furious::croc:

Glad to hear it, the fact that Nicole & Christopher didn't leave little Tabitha's bedside since this occurred has disturbed me deeply. In my heart, I believe the together have something to do with this. Don't know what quite yet, but I believe she at some point will be arrested also. She did not just get back together with him and have another baby, and then all of a sudden he decides to murder her entire family. Doesn't add up!! :banghead::banghead::furious::croc:

I agree. I live in the area of the Chris Coleman murders and the comments I am seeing around other message boards from the local areas concerning this crime are reminding me of the 'early days' of that crime. There seem to be a lot of local people who just refuse to believe this Chris Harris is guilty. I just cannot imagine that in this day and age of forensics and calling in the FBI and state agencies, that LE is just railroading an innocent guy.

I cannot put my finger on it yet, but as soon as Harris was arrested and information started coming out that he and Nicole had reconciled, I just feel like somehow she had something to do with it, even if after the fact.

If I were LE, I would keep her away from Tabitha as well. Whatever it took, until more is known. I am of the opinion that more arrests will follow.

I agree. I live in the area of the Chris Coleman murders and the comments I am seeing around other message boards from the local areas concerning this crime are reminding me of the 'early days' of that crime. There seem to be a lot of local people who just refuse to believe this Chris Harris is guilty. I just cannot imagine that in this day and age of forensics and calling in the FBI and state agencies, that LE is just railroading an innocent guy.

I cannot put my finger on it yet, but as soon as Harris was arrested and information started coming out that he and Nicole had reconciled, I just feel like somehow she had something to do with it, even if after the fact.

If I were LE, I would keep her away from Tabitha as well. Whatever it took, until more is known. I am of the opinion that more arrests will follow.

Hi lajr56, since I only live approx 20 minutes from where this crime took place and used to live even closer, it has shocked me to the bone. This community is a small, small farming community with not much money and they will do what ever it is to convict who ever did this, but they will also protect one of their own in disbelief. I 1st thought it was meth heads for the brutality of the crime, however, I am convinced that Nicole Gee had something to do with this. LE is so close lipped about what evidence they have obtained that it always leads to speculation. I will wait till they either open up the full autopsy report or give another conference after all the arrests have been made before I can fully make up my mind how I feel. Please remind me who is Chris Coleman, sounds familiar, can't place it? Thanks and Take Care!!!:sick::twocents::furious:

The Coleman case is from Columbia, Illinois, downstate.. Christopher Coleman is in jail awaiting trial for strangling his wife Sheri, and two small sons Garett and Gavin in May 2009. He was raised a Preachers Kid and worked for Joyce Meyer Ministries. It has been covered extensively here on Websleuths as well. At first, the local message boards were just filled with people who refused to believe such a good, Christian family man could commit such a crime. As time has gone on, more and more have come to the realization that that LE got the right guy. This reminds me of that.

You can also click on my link below and see pictures of the family.

Sheri, Garrett and Gavin Coleman - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The Coleman case is from Columbia, Illinois, downstate.. Christopher Coleman is in jail awaiting trial for strangling his wife Sheri, and two small sons Garett and Gavin in May 2009. He was raised a Preachers Kid and worked for Joyce Meyer Ministries. It has been covered extensively here on Websleuths as well. At first, the local message boards were just filled with people who refused to believe such a good, Christian family man could commit such a crime. As time has gone on, more and more have come to the realization that that LE got the right guy. This reminds me of that.

You can also click on my link below and see pictures of the family.

Sheri, Garrett and Gavin Coleman - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Okay, I knew it sounded familiar. Yes the poor wife and children. WOW, seems like so many of these crimes occur in Illinois. I could go on and on and on and on about how many cases there are, however, I don't believe this is the only state obviously this happens in. How about Stacy Peterson, Lisa Stebic, etc. I can go farther back than just a couple to mention. Heck just 1 month ago an older gentleman was riding his bike about 5 blocks from here and was jumped and beaten to death by a bunch of teenage thugs that stomped his head and kicked and beat him to death. Make me SICK!!! Anyhow, that is off the subject, but good to hear from you and only time will tell what and how this case moves forward. I will be watching everyday the news as always if I have time. Take Care and God Bless. I will hook into your link to check out this crime again even though I am quite sure I remember now that you have said the names. :twocents::sick::banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back