GUILTY IL - 5 Gee/Constant family members murdered in Beeson, 21 Sept 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A couple of things... from way back when...

I started following this case back on InSession forum, and there was a lot of locals posting about "the rape" "the truck with stacks" "no injuries on Chris".

Todays testimony cleared some of that up.

Chris went to the Gee home to try and hook up with Justina "because he noticed the 16 year old hitting on him". This is after he failed to hook up with 4 other women that night.
(seriously, a 16 year old who cannot legally give permission in IL)(and he was over 30 iirc and her ex bil)

The truck with stacks turns out to be-- Jason and Chris stopped at their Dads to get some kind of exercise sit-up machine. It was in the courtroom today.

No marks on Chris because he surprised them one by one and did it so fast they barely had time to know they were being murdered.

Case Archive is updated with all the tweets today from Illinoishomepage.net. I copied them exactly and organized as best I can.

I just want to say thank-you so much for all the work you are doing on this case, Amanda! I have been here for years and this is the first case that is an hour away from me. I live in central Illinois and deliver the Pantagraph, so I read all those articles, but Webbsleuths have been my home for quite awhile now. Its really nice to come here and catch up, I have been following the tweets now so that really helps. But I just had to thank-you so much for all you are doing, and know that it is appreciated very much!

Jason Harris wrapped his testimony Thursday afternoon after spending almost 10 hours over two days on the stand by saying he came to court to tell the truth.

Harris, 25, withstood a withering cross-examination by defense attorney Daniel Fultz, who attacked the witness' credibilty and at times his courage by noting dozens of lies Harris allegedly told police investigating the September 2009 murders of Rick and Ruth Gee and three of their children.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x1039442737/Defense-attorney-claims-Jason-Harris-lied-and-lied

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 1m
said knife appears to be a normal steak knife, a serrated edge on one side and a wooden handle. #harristrial

and yes, the knife did test positive for blood. not a shock as it was in a pool of blood on the ground & had blood on the blade.#harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 3m
Knife was allegedly used by Dillen to either protect himself from or come after CH, depenidng upon which story you believe.#harristrial

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 1h
Jason Harris off stand. Defense says they may call him as a witness later, when they lay out their case. #harristrial
Retweeted by WICS ABC 20

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 2h
Ironic that JH who lied to cover for his brother is now the one who might sink his case. #harristrial

Nate:as you sit here today, do you know what was in (CH's) mind. JH: no. Prosc doesn't have to show motive.helps but not necess #harristrial

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 2h
Def: Jason said to police in Dec. '12 interview that back in 2009 he was just telling the story he thought they wanted to hear #harristrial

Blister on the finger from swinging the tire iron, JH says he told him that. This was during Oct. 8 interview #harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 4h
going on lunch. noon. back at about 115p.#harristrial

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 5h
Def: JH didn't have explanation. Police asked JH if Chris was a fighter. He said no, "he's a runner." #harristrial

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 7h
Jason Harris back on stand this morning. Defense continuing with cross-examination. #harristrial

Thanks to you also Tlcya! You do great work, I am in awe of your dedication to this case. Thank-you so much for your continued work on this case. It is so eerie having something like this hit so close to home. It was strange having them talk about J C Pennies in Bloomington where I shop at that mall all the time. Thanks again for what you are doing for us, it is much appreciated.

court is in session again today, more testimony about DNA and blood evidence from the home, and what was found on the defendants shoes and clothing,

Too bad the sex stuff didn't come out until trial... there may have been more interest (think Jodi)...

But- ex-girlfriends have been taking the stand today to tell more about Chris. He did manage to get with one of them for sex the day after the murders and act normal.

I was a little bit sympathetic to Jason Harris before he testified. Now I am just pissed because he watched it unfold and did absolutely nothing to stop it. Did nothing when he watched Dillen being hit outside... and had done nothing when Dillen said "Bubba...." just ignored it.
He is nothing but a like his brother.

It must have happened so fast that Dillen did not think to run to a neighbor.

And I wish IL had the DP... these 2 deserved it all along.

Yesterday we heard how Chris bought new shoes in the same brand & style but a size larger to throw off the cops.

**a correction for my post above... I did not copy tweets from where I said... it was from WEEK and CInewsnow.com.

The only tweets I wanted to capture (too much work to make it into a sensible format) is Jason's testimony.

Here again is the Case Archive link: http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Gee%20-%20Constant%20Murders%20%20-IL-?sort=6&page=1&_suid=136881035462206606741000028762

(and TY for all the kind words, but thanks isn't necessary, I just do it)

I agree, I too was feeling sorry for Jason, but now I am sick to my stomach at the thought of him just doing nothing. And now he will get less time, which I feel he deserves more than the deal he got just because he did nothing to help, or stop what was going on. I also agree that Chris had no injuries because nobody had time to react except Dillon, and he was overcome by the blows he got. This is more horrific when it is talked about by someone who was there.

Not sure where to put this, its an afterthought. I wonder why Jason said that he didn't want to know what Chris did to Ruth? Was there something I missed that Chris had talked about what or how he killed each one? I just wondered why he pointed her out and not someone else. Just curious I guess and wondered if anyone else caught that.

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 43m
Testimony concludes early. We'll have a full wrap from the courthouse coming up tonight at 5 and 6:00. #harristrial

Journal Star ‏@pjstar 1h
DNA expert: Blood in Christopher Harris' truck matched Rick Gee #harristrial http://zo.pe/btvW

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 1h
Wonder if the tape was messed up? Someone's testimony was goofy? DNA guy spoke about something he shouldn't have. #harristrial

now the judge is in the back hallway with the attys. So we are here. CH is sitting alone with a guard next to him. Jury gone. #harristrial

ISP: picked up DNA of Rick Gee inside pillar driver's side of Ford Ranger pickup truck. #harristrial

DNA degradation causes by things like UV light (sunlight) it breaks up the legs of the "ladder" #harristrial

while enjoying the geek talk, doesn't really matter for court. what matters is can Frank give us an idea whose DNA was there. #harristrial

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 5h
Bartender says Harris asked to use his phone around 11pm. Long distance call, so bartender gave him his cell phone to use. #harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 5h
gave CH his phone as he had free LD on his cell so didn't use the bar phone. #harristrial. Pointed out CH in court. #harristrial

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 6h
Pros redirect: fair to say there were a lot of theories after the crime? ISP: "yes." #harristrial

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 6h
ISP: one blood stain on wooden handle of sharpening steel in knife block from Gees' kitchen. #harristrial

Chris Harris has testified today outside presence of jury, he is trying to get the interview he gave to police thrown out due to the fact that he says he did not give statement voluntarily and was under the impression he could not leave and had to stay and talk to cops,

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz now
Prosecution will play DVD of police intv w/Harris from 10/1/09. Jury to return tomorrow morning. #harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz now
Fultz says the delay caused by motion today could cause him to take a witness out of turn. #harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 3s
And we are back. #harristrial. Appears an agreement on the video. Fultz starts and says the initial edit was fine. So going w/ video Tuesday

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 44m
2 sides want to work today & come back tomorrow. Judge doesn't want to. Wants to work on it today "I got no where else to go." #harristrial

Jennings: plan was not to arrest Harris. "That was not the instructed intent of our actions that day." #harristrial

WICS ABC 20 ‏@wics_abc20 3h
Chris Harris is on the stand in the #HarrisTrial. Follow @kathrynheinz on Twitter for details.

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 3h
CH maintained the palm print wasn't his. Therefore, Wright said his will not overrun and statements should be okay. #harristrial

CH: Cops told him when he was headed into the back on Oct. 1, 2009, that they wanted to ask him questions. #harristrial.

THE MORNING IN REVIEW VIA TWEETS

Earlier in the trial the Defense Attorney wanted the jury to see the house so that they could see that there was close quarters, and they could see that Chris only killed Dillon there and not the whole family, because of not enough space.

Maybe that is why he moved some of the bodies, to make it look like they were killed in the hallway where there wasn't alot of room. I am not sure if he was even thinking of defending himself at that time, but he could have been thinking of self-defense just in case for some reason he was implicated.

Not sure if he even had the mindset to think of something like that at that time. Just trying to understand some of the little things like movement of the bodies, and DNA under Rick's nails. Which I think can be explained away by touching your son, scratching his back or using nail clippers after him, lots of reasons, in my opinion.

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 1m
ISP: bloody handprint on living room floor was a transfer, drops of blood nearby leading into hallway. #harristrial

and also near a blood drop trail that leads into the back wall way were the bedrooms were. #harristrial

pooled blood on living room carpet indicative of stationary ppl. nearby blood handprint. Victim fell there and tried to get up?#harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 6m
Blood on the landing, the front door, steps, bucket, knife and the sidewalk all from a common source. Morris, active bleeder. #harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 10m
blood in area was linked to Dillen. Trying to show he was severely beaten or injured there. Consistent w/ JH and not with CH. #harristrial

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 32m
ISP forensic scientist explaining various blood stain patterns to jury: drops, smears, etc. Can determine area of origin, angle #harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 42m
Morris is the senior of three such analysts in the state. Pretty cool job title. "blood stain pattern analyst." Beats reporter. #Harristrial

remember to read http://www.pjstar.com for the mid-day update on the #harristrial.

Steve Staeger ‏@WCIA3Steve 2h
All lugnuts except four on the rear passenger side of truck fit tire iron in bed of truck #harristrial

Steve Staeger ‏@WCIA3Steve 2h
Except maybe @andykravetz...he's good with that stuff #harristrial

Def atty says it is speculative to guess. Lug nuts removed this year after sitting outside 4 three years. #harristrial.

CH has sat there, taking many notes .His family behind him is watching. Gee familiy also lots of note taking. #harristrial

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 4h
Doctor continues to explain Tabitha's head injury. Harris' stepmother looks at her husband and shakes her head. #harristrial

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 4h
Jury seeing picture of Tabitha's ear nearly stripped from her head. One juror looks away, another shakes her head. #harristrial

Steve Staeger ‏@WCIA3Steve 5h
Did you make any attempt to photograph the truck? No. So you have no other way to show what you saw to jury. Correct. #harristrial

tweets from court revel the horror of the attack, so far we have had Ruth and Ricks autopsy testified to

Rick suffered 52 blows, and Ruth had 28. These murders were not just brutal, there was tremendous anger and rage.

Unless Chris says why, I doubt we'll ever know why.

I think there was a lot of unspoken resentment against the Gees due to past issues between Chris their daughter, Nichole.

When our adult children have relationship issues, we sometimes hear from our adult child awful things about the person they are with. It is natural for children to vent to the parents when things are not good with their SO. Then our kids forgive, forget and move on. Possibly there were hidden resentments on Chris's part regarding things from the past.

I also think it possible that Chris was in the process of attempting to assault Justina, perhaps the murders were all the result of other family members awakening a brawl beginning and the brutality was overkill of him trying to get out of the house leaving no witness to prosecute him for the planned assault.

But you are right Amanda, unless Chris ever decides to own what he did and explain why we will never really know the reason behind such a violent attack.

http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x863230103/Doctor-Tabitha-Gees-injuries-not-accidental

I found the blood staining and where blood was found interesting, could point to both sides argument, state says Chris killed them all and Dillen was hardest to kill thus his blood was all over house inside and out as he was attacked and escaped and then attacked again at different places in the home,

defence is that Chris came upon Dillen who was in the midst of a killing spree, his blood found all over the home much of it in close proximity to the victims bolsters there argument that Dillen injured himself whilst killing his family and his blood was shed during his attack, and then he went at Chris with a knife and Chris grabbed the tire iron to defend himself and killed him in self defence

problem with defence case is when Dillen exited house Chris followed him, had to have attacked him outside if blood staining expert is correct, so Dillen was outside the home therefore Chris could have ran to his car and escaped, he could have called for his brother to help him defend himself against Dillen, instead he goes back into home, he either follows Dillen in or goes in before Dillen (he is going to testify so he will reval his version of events) and there is another attack on Dillen, does not appear self defence to me,

Dillens blood being found near to most of the victims does though give the defence a chance to argue he was the killer, Chris testimony will be very interesting

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back