GUILTY IL - 5 Gee/Constant family members murdered in Beeson, 21 Sept 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree Joe, I am very curious to hear Nicole's testimony

defence had witness today to testify to Dillen having received counselling due to his aggression towards his siblings, that he had had violent outbursts both at home and at school,

they will hope that this will persuade the jury that Dillen was the murderer and Harris killed him in self defence

So CH says that Dillen used the tire iron on his family and then a knife to try to attack him. He then conveneinetly grabs the tired iron (murder weapon) to defend himself against Dillen.

Did JH say that CH took the tire iron in with him? Where did the tire iron come from to begin with? Do the Gees have one missing? Does CH or JH have one missing?

JH claims that Dillen jumped or was pushed out of the window and begged him to help stop CH.

Cellie claims CH told him he couldn't leave any witnesses.

The major problems with CH's story as I see it are:

Whose tire iron was it and how did CH come to conveniently have it to "defend" himself?

Why would his cellie and more importantly his brother lie about what they claim he told them and what JH claims he saw and heard?

Why were the bodies moved and dragged around? Does he claim Dillen is responsible for that as well?

Why not call the police? (Assuming he would say because he was all coked up)

Why STEAL the laptop and then dump it and the "self defense" weapon?

defence has rested without calling Nicole or Alyssa Gee, state rebuttal is focusing on the teachers who taught Dillen, and are painting him in a much better light than defence witness did yesterday,

one of his teachers has become tearful as she speaks of the Dillen she knew

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz now
wasn't showing signs of BD/ED in fall 2009. Talk of moving him to an LD classroom. (learning disabled) #harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 28s
DC usually did his work in class or in study hall. No trouble getting work done. #harristrial. Sharp contrast to kid we heard about Tuesday

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 1m
said DC wasn't aggressive towards kids, teachers, didn't throw things. Disruptive to a point. talked out. ADHD symptoms. #harristrial

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 8m
Duncan: noticed change in Dillen after he switched schools from Chester-East to Lincoln Jr. High. "He was happy." #harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 9m
Duncan said DC looked happy after he left Chester East and was attending Lincoln MS. No cross. she's done. #harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 10m
never heard DC get verbally aggres or see physical aggress while waiting for the bus at the post office. #harristrial. Interacted every AM

Journal Star ‏@pjstar 18m
Defense rests in the murder trial of Christopher Harris #harristrial http://zo.pe/bvux

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 18m
Coach: Dillen talked positively about his family. "Goofy kid at times, but never was a problem when coaches gave directions." #harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 19m
In those times after practice, Dawson talked about goals, life. As a mentor. DC good listener, fast learner. Positive. #harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 19m
won the inspirational award as he inspired coaches for his effort. As he lived in Beason, he was usually last one at practice. #harristrial

Katie Heinz ‏@kathrynheinz 58m
#harristrial update: defense will not call Nicole Gee to stand. Jury walking in, def will then rest its case. Prosecutors have 5-6 rebuttals

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 58m
Defense could opt for another directed verdict motion which will likely be turned down. It's pro forma. you got to do it. #harristrial

Andy Kravetz ‏@andykravetz 1h
Defense is NOT going to call NG or AH. They are resting as soon as the jury comes in. State has 5 to 6 rebuttal witnesses. #harristrial

seriously CINEWS hashtags are very helpful.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 2m
Yeazle said while she was teaching him, saw no behavioral issues so was looking to move him into a class for simple learning disabilities.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 3m
Yeazle said she never wrote any referrals for him while in middle school. Supports the state's notion that he was growing out of his issues.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 6m
Yeazle said he never threw things or was aggressive towards other students.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 7m
Yeazle smiles as she remembers teaching Dillen. Said the most disruptive thing he did was speaking out.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 8m
While he was in Yeazle's class, he had gotten A's and B's. They were the most recent grades before his death.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 10m
Yeazle said Dillen was energetic, sweet, funny. She was his primary teacher at Lincoln Middle School.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 13m
The next witness being called is Ginger Yeazle, who was another one of Dillen's teachers.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 15m
Duncan said the kids waited for the bus in front of the post office. Said she never saw him become aggressive.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 18m
The next witness being called is Jodi Duncan. Duncan is the postmaster for Beason.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 22m
Dawson said Dillen took coaching well, made the varsity team in his first year.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 24m
Dawson said his interactions with Dillen were very positive.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 25m
Dawson said that Dillen was progressing well, won the Inspiration Award from his coaches.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 27m
Dawson said Dillen was enthusiastic, struggled with being "aggressive" in the sport.
Expand
CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 28m
The wrestling season starts in October and ends in mid March. Dillen's death occurred shortly before the 2009-2010.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 30m
Pagel's emotional testimony ends and leads into testimony from Alex Dawson, Dillen's wrestling coach.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 32m
Both teachers said that Dillen earned a lot of tickets for good deeds. Pagel said he was excited when he turned those tickets into rewards.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 33m
Pagel seems like she had good memories of Dillen, but notes he had struggles.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 36m
Pagel said Dillen would do the moonwalk on the way to the pencil sharpener. Again, very emotional when talking about Dillen.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 37m
Pagel says Dillen had a "cognitive impairment". Pagel is breaking down on the stand talking about him.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 39m
Back on track now. Pagel said she had interactionn with Dillen, 2007-2009.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 40m
Pagel says she couldn't talk due to state laws. Said she was ok with testifying, just needed the judge to tell her to, basically.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 43m
The next witness is Tammy Pagel, who is another special education teacher.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 44m
Dillen was sent to Lincoln Middle School as they had a more extensive special education program.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 48m
Howard said he was caring one minute, angry with his siblings the next. Said Dillen cared greatly for Tabitha.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 51m
Referrals were frequently written for Dillen, but Howard said most of them were for petty issues such as not being ready for class.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 54m
Said Dillen would do homework if she did it with him, never got done at home.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 55m
Howard defined Dillen as being energetic, was frustrated when he did not grasp subjects.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 57m
Howard says that Dillen was one of her special education students. Howard says he struggled, was placed in special ed for assistance.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 58m
Howard was a former teacher of Dillen Constant.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 59m
The first witness the state is calling in rebuttal is Lisa Howard.

CINEWSupdate ‏@CINEWSupdate 1h
Closings are still scheduled for Thursday morning.

The state has five or six rebuttal witnesses, expect to be done around noon.

We have started, the jury is on its way. The defense intends to rest. So it looks like Nicole and Alyssa will not be testifying.

Harris has just entered, wearing a blue shirt and blue tie combination that I saw him wear last week.

Nicole Gee and Alyssa Harris will testify today. The defense is expected to rest its case today as well.

We are back at the Harris trial. Proceedings are expected to continue in 10 minutes.

Yes, I too have a problem with the tire iron, as I mentioned in a previous thread. Also if it was self defense his brother, Jason wouldn't have any problem saying that, I would think. Also I would think Jason would have gone to his brother's rescue if he felt like Dillon was the one being the aggressor. If he felt his brother was in the fight for his life I don't think that Dillon would be asking for Jason's help. One thing that bothers me is that Jason could have saved lives and he made the decision not too. I just cannot figure out why, was he scared of his brother? Or was it just that night that he froze and didn't know what to do. I don't think I will ever understand his doing nothing.

I met JH, many years back. IMO he was not a bright bulb and tended to be a bit of a follower. I did not find him to be of diminished capacity in a legal sense but yeah, not a leader or decisive person. Again, just MOO. He had been in a number of minor scrapes and they all seemed to stem from him being a follower who was very concerned about others and their impression of him and his intelligence.

Rick suffered 52 blows, and Ruth had 28. These murders were not just brutal, there was tremendous anger and rage.

Unless Chris says why, I doubt we'll ever know why.

I think he came there to make a sexual move on the young girl and Dillen caught him and tried to stop or make him leave........he then beat Dillen unmercifully and after that he tried to murder them all so they couldn't tell what he had done.

Not only was Dillen not the murderer it sounds like he tried to protect his sister from this monster.:(

I am hearing elsewhere on other sites that they may have a verdict and it will be announced after lunch.

Just rumor for now but I wouldn't be surprised that they do have one.

IMO

defence had witness today to testify to Dillen having received counselling due to his aggression towards his siblings, that he had had violent outbursts both at home and at school,

they will hope that this will persuade the jury that Dillen was the murderer and Harris killed him in self defence

Another poor innocent victim put on trial by the defense.:(

All the murders is all I know from news bulletin. OK Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back