IL - 6 y.o. boy stabbed 2 y.o. brother, Joliet, 6 September 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@stonedgnome I would not think of it as my child committing murder, if they were only 6. I would think of it as they really didn't understand what they were doing, and personally, I would probably blame myself (for being in the other room, for example, even though that's going to happen to all parents at some point). (And IMO this is also why you see even parents/relatives of violent teenagers defending them. Because it's still their child, and they look for reasons to explain why the child did what they did.)

And I think you would not want to "lose" another child, even psychologically, so you would have to blame something else, such as "an accident," etc.
Heartbreaking. :(

many more details have come to light about the childhood environment and parents of the two boys. Father faced a criminal case in 2022 for beating the then 4 year old who is now 6. The 2 year old brother shares a mother with the accused child, but not a father.

DCFS has been involved with this family since at least 2022. the 6 year old received a diagnosis of ODD at the age of 4.

more at this link Dad Abused Boy Accused Of Killing Little Brother In Joliet: Complaint

:(
Wow! ODD diagnosis at age 4. Terribly sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warmblanket
Back