IL IL - 75 Women in Chicago Strangled / Who is the Chicago Strangler, Serial Killer?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello, new to this post but hoping to do a podcast episode on it. Still catching up on all the reading but the wiki page(clearly the most reliable source on the interwebs) mentioned the murders going thru this year 2021, does anyone have any knowledge of who was killed this year? I absolutely agree there are multiple perps, but have not read enough to decide how many.

Thanks!

Hi All
I am new to the forum and trying to catch up on this thread. Discovered Websleuths thanks to The Killing Season. Anyway.

Have we differentiated between the Strangled Women found in Alleys that seem to be mostly on the west and south sides and the women's remaind found burned in various areas?

It seems to me that this is the work of more than one serial killer, maybe someone passing through town as well? I say that because I think of Sam Little and how he traveled and still killed, even when he moved.

Anyway, sorry if I have asked something that has already been asked.

If there is a good summary/TLDR post for this thread please link me.
Thanks!

How many killers do you think there are?

Also what is scarier, a serial killer(s) or 50-75 ppl that could strangle and dispose of a person?

Just curious!

51 women strangled, mostly sex workers, chances, are at least, some of those were killed by the same offender.

With all the issues Chicago has been facing for the past 20 years, it would be Eden for a serial offender.

Always remember , Where there is prey, there is predators

We have threads on each of these women. You could bring up your concerns on the threads

IL - IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

IL - IL - Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui, 19, 9 months pregnant, Chicago, 24 Apr 2019

The serial killer forum is here if you want to start a thread:

Serial Killers

We have threads on each of these women. You could bring up your concerns on the threads

IL - IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

IL - IL - Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui, 19, 9 months pregnant, Chicago, 24 Apr 2019

The serial killer forum is here if you want to start a thread:

Serial Killers

I live in Chicago, I’m a social worker, I’ve worked near Navy Pier, and had several clients involved in sex work.

I wanted to call attention to a theory I have regarding these. Not necessarily concluding all of the cases but perhaps some.

Gang and gang initiation is overwhelming in Chicago. The west side of Chicago and the south side of Chicago have “Shot Spotter” technology that detects gun shots and automatically dispatched police. Not only that, but police presence is extremely high in these areas. Because if this, some gang initiation has moved to less police monitored areas. The police response time in the west and south sides is less than 3 minutes. The “safer” areas have response times up to ~12 minutes.

Summer of 2018 I was walking to my car parked by navy pier and heard gun shots and saw a car peel away. I walked toward the sound and saw a women laying in the ally shot. As it turns out, this was a random gang violence situation and the perp was never caught. I tried to wait around for police just to count how long it took (yes I’m that weird haha).

It’s possible that a gang initiation involves killing. By completing these murders through strangulation it lowers the chance of quick police response time due to noise and lack of fun sounds. Additionally, having the deaths be in public is proof to the gang that the individual completed it. And I can be seen as “status”. If a new member must kill for their initiation to be complete, it can explain why their DNA is not yet in the system.

Sex workers primarily have ‘strolls’ on the west and south side. A high sex worker street is Cicero and the blocks around there. One of my previous clients explained to me that many of the women know each other and if they’re into certain drugs they may have a tie to a certain gang that they trade acts for drugs.

I believe there can be serial killers at work and I also believe some are gang related. If they are gang related, it’s possible these individuals do not kill this type of victim again and move on to different crimes. It also shows how messed up gangs are in Chicago....

Anyways! Long rant but I just wanted to share there are other possibilities. I can go on and on about gangs in Chicago and some fascinating acts they have conducted. - not all murder.
Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Hello,

In recent years I have seen an uptick in the reports of missing persons and attempted kidnapping cases in Chicago. I’ve done a search here but I don’t see a forum dedicated to this information. I’m new here. If there is a forum here can you point me in the direction of it?

A lot of these missing persons cases seem connected.

For example, here in fall we had a 4-month pregnant women go missing in Chicago. Then, a couple of weeks ago we had a 9 month pregnant women go missing. Two missing pregnant women in less than 12 months? That’s extremely odd.

Kierra Coles
Chicago police narrow down persons of interest in disappearance of expectant mother Kierra Coles

Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui
Police: Pregnant Woman Reported Missing in Little Village

It’s beyond that. There’s also this. Something is going on in Chicago and it’s beyond the standard gang and gun crime.
Is there a serial killer roaming the streets of Chicago?

-H

Hi H - Do you think there is a connection between missing pregnant women and the serial killer(s) in Chicago on the south and west side?

“The issue at hand is we don’t see these murders in Lincoln Park. We don’t see this on the Magnificent Mile,” the Rev. Gregg Greer said. That's because Lincoln Park is a neighborhood where 1-bedroom apartments will set you back $2,000/month, and a house, even a tiny one, runs in the millions of dollars. The crime rate there is quite low. Rev. Greer is talking about the South and West sides - both are incredibly impoverished and have a serious lack of employment or even social opportunities for residents there. The crime rate, mostly due to gang activity which is a result of the aforementioned causes, is astronomical. I worked on the West Side in Loss Prevention. In the span of 3 years I apprehended over 5,000 people who were stealing, and all of whom fought with me. I have been stabbed once, cut more times than I can even count (my hands are all scarred up), and have been shot at and nearly killed 7 times - once by an 8 year-old boy, again, a gang member. He nearly blew my head off. After all that gun violence I can tell you that when bullets go past your head they sound like bees. And, you can actually see them if you're far away enough, maybe a block or so from the shooter. Bullets look like gray streaks going through the air. I saw a mother and her baby getting shot at; how mom instinctively shielded her baby with her own body. I held an older Hispanic man in my hands as he died - he was beaten by gang member with baseball bats, after which they stole his wallet. They killed him for $30.00. I saw a man dressed in all white that was covered with red paint - like it was splashed all over him. As he walked he left a trail of pain behind him, and I got angry at him, like, "what's this guy's problem, leaving a huge sloppy mess like that". I then watched as he fell forward, and when he struck the floor the red paint splashed all over the place. I went up to him only to see his clothes were covered in stab marks. I turned him over, and he was already dead from blood loss. He had been stabbed, presumably by gang member, around 75 times. I used to always check the back of the store for anything unusual - I'd follow my nose because I'd always find dead bodies back there. One body of a teenage boy was hog-tied (behind his back), blindfolded, and gagged, and had been beaten and stabbed to death - after which he was thrown in the trash. Dead homeless men and heroin addicts were also common finds. The prostitutes would come and go - they'd wash up in our bathroom between clients - then later you'd see them smoking crack or shooting heroin. These women led a very risky lifestyle, and often would wind up deceased after about 9 months of being on the street. Employees of the store were sexually assaulted in our parking lot on a regular basis. People were mugged for their groceries. One elderly woman (around 85 years old) was attacked by a gang who beat her so badly they knocked out most of her teeth - they then robbed her of her measly $10.00. I caught one of the offenders who at first refused to talk to me about who the others involved were But after some 'Chicago Persuasion', I convinced him to come around to my side of things and give up the requested information. I was slashed by a homeless 10 year-old kid; he nearly cut my finger off with a long-blade box cutter that he pulled on me. One man was attacked in the parking lot as he walked to his car - he was robbed of his groceries and his wallet. The suspect beat him senseless, and then ran into our store and hid. With the help of the Chicago police we secured every door, and found him hiding in a box in the cooler. The victim asked the police officers and I if he could just have 5 minutes alone with the criminal - and we all agreed that would probably be a good idea. We had to call an ambulance for the suspect after that. Street justice. I could go on and on and on, but the reality is that it's seriously, seriously doubtful there is any serial killer in Chicago, though I admire the Reverend's efforts to draw attention to the terrible problem of violence and murder in the city's poor and rough neighborhoods, but to me, having lived here for ages and having been in LE and having many friends who are CPD, his accounts seem dramatized. The areas where these women lived/worked/and were found are very dangerous - and unless you've lived there or worked there you have no idea. NO idea at all; humanity can get really, really bad....

If you look at the cases, they are very 'serial' in reality in terms of MO and the DNA collection wasn't what CSI would call pristine.

I appreciate all of the hard work and effort that you are putting in here, Humboldt.

I do have one question, and please don't take it as a criticism of your theory. I am looking for clarity, that is all.

Is it true, or is it perhaps just rumour, that police checked the perps DNA for 21 of the deceased victims, and none of the 21 matched?

I'm not Humboldt but I am following these cases. Something has struck me about everyone commenting on DNA collections. Do you all realize that they did not do full DNA collecting on these women but rather vaginal swabs? Nothing from fingernails etc. Don't you all find that odd?

from May 30, 2019

wonder why this is not being acknowledged in a bigger way? hmm.
Chicago serial killer? Activists ask Mayor Lightfoot to investigate deaths of black women on South, West sides

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Community activists are asking new mayor Lori Lightfoot to investigate whether a serial killer has been targeting African American women on the city's South and West sides for the past two decades.

The group leading the effort claims there could be a connection between more than 50 unsolved murders in the city. The families of some of the victims are still hoping Chicago police will take a closer look at their cases.

Shantieya Smith's mother said she still believes her daughter was the victim of a serial killer.

"I can say that a lot of people coming around that's missing," Latonya Moore said.

Smiths' murder remains unsolved. The 26-year-old was reported missing from the Lawndale neighborhood and was found dead in a garage in June of 2018.

She's one of dozens of unsolved murders that some claims are the work of a predator targeting African American women and teens in Chicago.

(more at link)
Swedeheart - can I ask what you think is going on in Chicago?

Did you guys watch the new documentary on the The Hunt for the Chicago Strangler on Discovery? I was so happy to see a victim I really tried to find info on mentioned on the list of victims , Vanessa Rojakovich who was found in the river. She was a graduate of Lane Tech Highschool in Chicago , you have to be very bright to attend Lane. I was greatly moved by the piece although they could not go through all of the cases, or her case, I think they have a good handle on one of the killers..I highly recommend you watch it..you will learn a great deal about Chicago too. Stunning footage and beautiful camera work.

I meant to say Vanessa was found in the Chicago River on the North side of Chicago..sorry I was super busy and was thinking poorly..yes she was a young only 32..we have talked about her previously , but in case you didn't know. I was really shocked at the blaise response and lack of any media or press around it other than a basic AP style run down. I don't even think there is a photo of her..I heard she was bound gagged and strangled and found wrapped in plastic floating down the river.

I mean seriously this is like something out of Silence of the Lambs and everyone just shrugged and moved on.

I could find very little information, I called the precinct but couldn't get much..I think I called Channel Five..
it was still an open case...no progress ..I wondered why it seemed no one advocated for her, no family came forward, or if they did it went unattended or just was ignored because NOTHING.

the North side is VERRY neighborhoody ..it is a weird place for a young woman to be strangled and thrown in the river where people go kayaking and is dotted along with nice homes on the riverfront .. boats...huge old trees
and you can see that you would not just walk down to the river's edge so she probably was tossed off the bridge

Here is a photo of the river on the North side of Chicago very close maybe a less than a mile from where she was
found. Taken by me from the bridge near my home, just to give you an idea. the properties on both sides are private homes and some buildings but not many..there is a water filtration plant and a park that can be a little funky but there is a little neighborhood park near where she was found.

just wish I could know what happened to her.. mOO

Attachments

• HipstamaticPhoto-588363835.966139.jpg
    HipstamaticPhoto-588363835.966139.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 8
Did you guys watch the new documentary on the The Hunt for the Chicago Strangler on Discovery? I was so happy to see a victim I really tried to find info on mentioned on the list of victims , Vanessa Rojakovich who was found in the river. She was a graduate of Lane Tech Highschool in Chicago , you have to be very bright to attend Lane. I was greatly moved by the piece although they could not go through all of the cases, or her case, I think they have a good handle on one of the killers..I highly recommend you watch it..you will learn a great deal about Chicago too. Stunning footage and beautiful camera work.
I am in the process of watching the Discovery+ series. It's really fascinating and makes me sad that so many women are dead or missing and no one has been arrested.

I am in the process of watching the Discovery+ series. It's really fascinating and makes me sad that so many women are dead or missing and no one has been arrested.

Please let me know how you feel about the ending.

Also back in the day like pre 60's in Houston TX, they used to have murders that
would not be investigated or prosecuted. like murder was so normal there.
I forgot what they called it, there was a phrase or word used..I'll have to research it..but like if they found your body out in the street , well too bad for you.

it was normalized and if you lived among a certain population or area I think murder was just expected. Kinda reminds me of NOW.

Noone just wakes up one day and decides to start strangling street walkers, theres always a path to it

Same with victim selection, Prostitute killers often start as Johns , they freequent the area where they find their victims, sometimes, for years prior to ever acting on their violent impulses. They are often known to the sex workers in the area , like Ridgway, Shawcross, Rifkin, they have non violent interactions with them as well in some cases, are even on a first name basis with the prostitutes in the area .

These non violent interactions occur even after they have begun killing, and like other serial killers , they often have victims that have escaped.

Prostitutes in many areas have created what are called "Bad Date sheet" networks to protect each other , describing any violent interactions they have with Johns, they will often give details such as a physical description, sometimes, including the vehicle involved, some have even gotten the tag # , what the John wanted, how much they offered, and any type of violent interaction they had with the John.

Many of their reports are vague, but some are extremely detailed. There are however often dozens of reports of violent acts, and only a fraction of the sex workers in any given area actually use them.

Most of these are not available to the public, many are secure, to protect the identities of the sex workers but given the nature of what you are dealing with , it is often an underused investigative resource .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back