IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshua Hoyos‏Verified account @JoshuaHoyos
New statement from Jussie Smollett’s attorneys “He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.”

More at the link

Joshua Hoyos on Twitter

New statement from Jussie Smollett’s attorneys “He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.”

More at the link

Joshua Hoyos on Twitter
I could see that one coming from a mile away too.

ETA: I wonder if this was a his backup plan in case his story fell apart, throwing the other guys under the bus. Hopefully they have something in writing or recorded or it’s going to be a he said/they said.

More at the link

Joshua Hoyos on Twitter

Wow, this is really well worded if you think about it.

It basically says that JS doesn’t believe these guys were involved, and doesn’t believe that they falsely implicated him.

So he’s not calling these brothers liars, but saying that the reports are lies.

Attachments

• 068823FF-67BA-45ED-AABE-5D906228CA55.jpeg
    068823FF-67BA-45ED-AABE-5D906228CA55.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 34

ETA: I wonder if this was a his backup plan in case his story fell apart, throwing the other guys under the bus. Hopefully they have something in writing or recorded or it’s going to be a he said/they said.
Whatever these guys had, they were able to convince law enforcement that they were telling the truth.

A guy who comes up with one of the worst hoax plots in history, is almost certainly the same type of guy to leave a trail of breadcrumbs right to his door.

This won’t be their word against his; it will be their word and evidence that their word is true.

We’ve already heard about payments, receipts, hats, and phone records.

Those will come in handy, as one of them is a felon, and not exactly trustworthy.

JS is many things, but a “criminal mastermind” is not one of them.

I can't believe the cops haven't dotted their i's and crossed their t's here. There's no surveillance footage, they could see or verify money being transferred and there is a connection between everyone.

It will be interesting to see how long he keeps talking . It's certainly not helping how people view him.

JS allegedly paid the brothers $3500.00 to stage the attack. I'm sure there is a record of the money transaction that LE knows about. Unless his attorneys have a huge retainer fee they ought to cut their losses because they are about to start earning their fees.

JMO

It basically says that JS doesn’t believe these guys were involved, and doesn’t believe that they falsely implicated him.

It's all lawyer-speak. They can't retract the words everyone has heard JS say. JS has publicly stated he was certain the guys in the security video are the same guys who attacked him. And, yeah, they confessed. Now he's trying to claim these same guys weren't involved. This is nonsensical.

Since he isn't a native Chicagoan, it might be a good idea to get on a plane for Cali before protestors start showing up from Boys Town.

JMO

Wait..I thought he had identified the 2 people in the video as his attackers. Now he is saying that those two brothers weren't in that video??

I can't believe the cops haven't dotted their i's and crossed their t's here. There's no surveillance footage, they could see or verify money being transferred and there is a connection between everyone.

It will be interesting to see how long he keeps talking . It's certainly not helping how people view him.
I really hope so. I can see his lawyers spinning it to “he lent them money because they were hard up and they were friends, of course he called them in the middle of the night they are friends, he bought their plane tickets because they are friends, poor JS is just a victim in all this, betrayed by people he thought he knew just like he is the victim of -insert social commentary- and people who would be so hateful to think he would risk is illustrious career”.
We’ll get more crocodile tears and pleas of being a victim and anyone who disagrees is just a hateful person.

I really hope an example is set here and not just with his career. Attempting to create a hate crime needs to be taken as seriously as hate crimes.

From that article:

Sources said one of the brothers held the rope and poured bleach while the other wore a plain red hat and yelled slurs at Smollett.

Technically, the attack kind of happened the way he said.

He just accidentally left out the part about this being staged.

Just a bit of performance art or something. :eek:

I was asked if Websleuths still considers JS a victim.

This is a very unusual situation. While the police have not publicly said JS is not being truthful it is obvious some people in the department have been talking with the media. Too many reports, in my opinion, saying JS lied that I can't dismiss them. IMO JS made this up.
Now, I am relieved that this attack did not take place. JS was not traumatized and there is not a pair of dangerous white supremacists attacking young African American Men.

IMO JS needs help and I hope we can have compassion for him in the sense that he is troubled to do something like this.

BUT (you knew a but was coming)

JS has continued to deny this is a hoax. Even now. He is sticking to his story.

Did everyone in the media get it wrong? Did this really happen?

If so then yes JS is a victim. If not then JS is the creator of the problem.

Back to the original question...Does Websleuths still consider JS a victim?

It's up to you to decide. The fact JS is still denying this is a hoax and if you believe him, then he is still considered a victim.

If you believe all the MSM reports that no, JS is not a victim.

I cannot make that decision for you.

Please do not trash JS. You can say you don't believe him and you can do it without being mean and hateful.

Once again I proudly explain the situation to all of you and it is as clear as Mississippi Mud. No clue what "Mississippi Mud" is but it just sounded cool at the moment. heh.

Tricia

Wait..I thought he had identified the 2 people in the video as his attackers. Now he is saying that those two brothers weren't in that video??
Good point, and who the hell knows.

He said the people in that video were his attackers.

Using transportation records and surveillance footage, police located those two men.

When they located those two men, police realized that they were connected to JS.

I don’t have the slightest clue what his argument is here.

Good point, and who the hell knows.

He said the people in that video were his attackers.

Using transportation records and surveillance footage, police located those two men.

When they located those two men, police realized that they were connected to JS.

I don’t have the slightest clue what his argument is here.
Could he now claim that he was heavily intoxicated at the time of the attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax