IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His writings seem to be full of resentments, elitism, bigotry, hate, and anger.....MOO

I don't know about his Instagram that he references on Twitter that he uses, but with just a quick skim through his Twitterings, there was a recent white hood angry tweet from him, but otherwise back to last fall's election he seemed to mostly have tweets about charities and Sudan that he supports, entertainment stuff and a lot about his character arc on Empire. Not much hate and anger there that I saw, unless that comes out in his replies to others' tweets or maybe I just didn't scroll back far enough?

I don't know about his Instagram that he references on Twitter that he uses, but with just a quick skim through his Twitterings, there was a recent white hood angry tweet from him, but otherwise back to last fall's election he seemed to mostly have tweets about charities and Sudan that he supports, entertainment stuff and a lot about his character arc on Empire. Not much hate and anger there that I saw, unless that comes out in his replies to others' tweets or maybe I just didn't scroll back far enough?

I have read that JS has been deleting tweets so they might not be there now.

"Hollywood types" or even wannabes have been staging scenarios for the media and public for ages. All the way back when Rock Hudson got married to a woman to dispel rumors of his being gay. Even before I'm sure. But we all know how that story went and ended. JS had a small part in a show and wanted a bigger one, therefor more money I'm sure. He's now getting all the attention he hoped for...then some.

JMO

Good point, and who the hell knows.

He said the people in that video were his attackers.

Using transportation records and surveillance footage, police located those two men.

When they located those two men, police realized that they were connected to JS.

I don’t have the slightest clue what his argument is here.
Very good points all around.

He backed himself into a corner with that identification. We all saw that screenshot and you could tell nothing from it. I think the cops may have put it out to see what he said.

He felt the pinch coming from the cops, so he went on to say I know it was those two. Okay... the cops figured out who the two were probably before the video was even released (based on transportation records) and so once he said it was them, they were able to put the puzzle together more firmly.

JMHO

Talking to a police buddy today that followed the old thread. One thing he pointed to out of this whole thing was the redacted phone list. They knew the only numbers to focus on, was the redacted numbers.. they just looked at who he excluded.. thus confirming their thoughts. Happens all the time.. and excellent police work at that..

Very good points all around.

He backed himself into a corner with that identification. We all saw that screenshot and you could tell nothing from it. I think the cops may have put it out to see what he said.

He felt the pinch coming from the cops, so he went on to say I know it was those two. Okay... the cops figured out who the two were probably before the video was even released (based on transportation records) and so once he said it was them, they were able to put the puzzle together more firmly.

JMHO
Yup. It appears that they identified these guys very quickly, but had to sit on that information until they returned from their trip abroad.

Fortunately, the leaks came later, and they had enough time to let JS back himself into a corner.

These guys told law enforcement the truth, and JS finds himself in an unenviable position.

Pinned beneath his lies.

Yup. It appears that they identified these guys very quickly, but had to sit on that information until they returned from their trip abroad.

Fortunately, the leaks came later, and they had enough time to let JS back himself into a corner.

These guys told law enforcement the truth, and JS finds himself in an unenviable position.

Pinned beneath his lies.
Yep; a lot of time when people are making up stories, they keep trying to add "proof" and it's that talking that causes the issues.

People want to "live their narratives" in their own worlds and believe what they WANT, despite reality, and it is damaging, even after the facts unravel. This wannabe victim deserves a huge fine and time in a cell.
SBM. True. I‘m getting tired of confirmation bias, no matter where someone stands on the political or any other spectrum. It’s not about truth. It’s about being right. It‘s comfortable not to challenge our own views.

Imagine you have 12 jurors, and they have already made up their minds, no matter where the evidence would take them. Frightening!

I really appreciate every single person who is not afraid to be wrong.

I really hope so. I can see his lawyers spinning it to “he lent them money because they were hard up and they were friends, of course he called them in the middle of the night they are friends, he bought their plane tickets because they are friends, poor JS is just a victim in all this, betrayed by people he thought he knew just like he is the victim of -insert social commentary- and people who would be so hateful to think he would risk is illustrious career”.
We’ll get more crocodile tears and pleas of being a victim and anyone who disagrees is just a hateful person.

I really hope an example is set here and not just with his career. Attempting to create a hate crime needs to be taken as seriously as hate crimes.
Whether the brothers are telling the truth or lying, I think the evidence will be clear soon.
The CPD were there to greet the brothers as they walked off the airplane after a very long flight. I think CPD would separate them immediately and interrogate them. If the JS hoax story they tell is true, their account will likely hold up in separate interrogations. If the brothers story is false and they were trying to set JS up, their stories will most likely fall apart in separate interrogations. Lies are difficult to remember and keep straight.
MOO

Police: New evidence 'shifted the trajectory' of Jussie Smollett investigation, 2 brothers cooperating
Late Saturday, Smollett's attorneys Todd S. Pugh and Victor P. Henderson released a statement, addressing reports that the actor may have staged the attack.

"As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with. He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying."

Playing victim card all the way into the courtroom...

SBM. True. I‘m getting tired of confirmation bias, no matter where someone stands on the political or any other spectrum. It’s not about truth. It’s about being right. It‘s comfortable not to challenge our own views.

Imagine you have 12 jurors, and they have already made up their minds, no matter where the evidence would take them. Frightening!

I really appreciate every single person who is not afraid to be wrong.
I couldn’t agree more.

This case shouldn’t be a political issue, where people are divided along party lines.

The truth is a fact, not a subjective opinion.

For me, the facts never made sense from the beginning, but I decided to skeptically wait, until we reached a certain threshold.

I passed that some time ago.

It’s not about what you want to believe, it’s where the facts guide you.

Police: New evidence 'shifted the trajectory' of Jussie Smollett investigation, 2 brothers cooperating
Late Saturday, Smollett's attorneys Todd S. Pugh and Victor P. Henderson released a statement, addressing reports that the actor may have staged the attack.

"As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with. He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying."

Wow, he and his attorneys appear to be digging a deeper and deeper hole.:rolleyes:
Popcorn.
moo

Pinned beneath his lies.
I don't believe the brothers told the truth upfront, I think LE told them they have cold, hard evidence and the brothers knew they had better cooperate.

JS was a child star and we've seen in the past how child stars can become exploited and emotional instability results. I'm having a hard time believing only those three were involved in this hoax which has exploded in the media.

My concern is that it wasn't JS's original idea and a politician planted the idea into his head. I hope LE "follows the money" and determines where and with whom that $3,500 originated.

JMO

I wonder if JS didn't think the police would push it as hard as they did. Maybe he didn't realize there were so many security cameras and thought it would just be his word that something happened?

I wondered about the cameras during the RR GMA interview. He purposely mentioned/pointed to a certain camera.....and then we find out that camera was directed in the wrong direction. How could he have known that?

here is the complete statement from Jussie's attorney, from above link:

"As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with. He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.

"One of these purported suspects was Jussie's personal trainer who he hired to ready him physically for a music video. It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie's complicity.

"Jussie and his attorneys anticipate being further updated by the Chicago Police Department on the status of the investigation and will continue to cooperate. At the present time, Jussie and his attorneys have no inclination to respond to "unnamed" sources inside of the investigation, but will continue discussions through official channels."

To me, it sounds like Jussie is now saying ---' Wha? It was my personal trainer that committed this crime against me? I can't believe it...':rolleyes:o_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members