IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't predict any rioting, either. I've seen plenty of negative comments toward him from African Americans and members of the LGBTQ community. I don't think he has many supporters left with regard to this stunt.

YES, because he doubled down on National Tv, saying things like 'what about the LETTER, did I make that up too???' Umm, yes, apparently.....o_O

For someone who seems so extremely concerned about public opinion and how people feel about him, this new revelation hitting the news cycle must be devastating for him. He does need supervision right now.

I honestly do worry about his mental health right now. He was a bit actor that was about to lose his big job.
To (allegedly) commit a crime like this, he must have felt very desperate and hopeless.

“It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now."

- yo man Jussie “crusader for truth”

I’m being ironic

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...tertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

P.s. seriously should have hired some white brothers - mean this literally. At least one story line would stay straight. Ugh I want to make a joke again. This is sad he did this. It actually revictimizes and hurts those he claimed he was behind. I think he is a narcascist

And of all places! To do this in Chicago! He never thought this would backfire.
Well, in JS's own words he said the alleged attacker said "this is MAGA country". And that seems pretty unlikely because Chicago is not MAGA country, imho, and anyone with an ounce of savvy would know that. I think the more detailed his story, the deeper the hole he dug for himself since its getting more holy by the day.
moo

I hope so. But JS's pr crew and defense attorney might spin it differently since the Nigerians are both accused of other criminal acts.
They allegedly filed for bankruptcy and the DM (dubious I know) say they included murder and other charges in their rap-sheets?
Bodybuilders arrested for Jussie Smollett attack work out in his gym and have previous convictions | Daily Mail Online
I hope that the punishment fits the crime if its proven to be a hoax.
If the Nigerians did get paid $3500 by JS to rough him up they should get jail time for perpetrating a vile hoax.

moo
I think the feds will be taking a close look at the brothers' bankruptcy filings and their tax returns. The headache isn't over for them by any stretch.

JMO

I am now confused about the lack of charges against the brothers. Is it legal for them to buy the rope and bleach, and help a celebrity stage a fake lynching, to lie abut it in the press?
It’s possible that they didn’t know he was going to file a police report, which is doubtful in my mind.

Law enforcement, and ultimately the DA, needed these guys in order to build a case against JS.

Perhaps they offered them the prospect of no charges, if they spilled their guts.

They did the right thing.

I am now confused about the lack of charges against the brothers. Is it legal for them to buy the rope and bleach, and help a celebrity stage a fake lynching, to lie abut it in the press?

We don't know what the circumstances are related to the brothers being involved. I will keep an open mind until more is known. It is interesting they were released with nocharges.

It’s possible that they didn’t know he was going to file a police report, which is doubtful in my mind.

Law enforcement, and ultimately the DA, needed these guys in order to build a case against JS.

Perhaps they offered them the prospect of no charges, if they spilled their guts.

They did the right thing.

If I were the bros, I'd take that sweet plea-deal in a Chicago minute.o_O
Once the FBI were involved (after the letter scrutiny) I'm sure they got the brothers to spill their guts.
I wonder if they'll be able to benefit financially from talking to the press?
moo

We don't know what the circumstances are related to the brothers being involved. I will keep an open mind until more is known. It is interesting they were released with nocharges.

Chicago police believe Jussie Smollett PAID two Nigerian brothers $3,500 to ATTACK him on the street and they bought the rope found around the Empire star's neck from a local hardware store
  • Actor Jussie Smollett orchestrated an assault against him, Chicago police say
  • Empire star hired two Nigerian brothers to beat him, investigators believe
  • Both men, Nigerian brothers, are friends of Smollett and said to be anti-Trump
  • The brothers were reportedly paid $3,500 and were promised additional $500
  • Smollett has hired high-powered defense lawyer Michael Monico
  • Smollett said last month that he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack
  • Said he fought off two noose-wielding white men yelling 'this is MAGA country'
  • Police say new evidence emerged in interrogations that requires investigation
The two men involved in the alleged hoax are now fully cooperating with law enforcement, CNN is reporting on Saturday.

Documents prove two Nigerian brothers who work as extras on the highly rated Fox drama bought the rope which was found around Smollett’s neck at Crafty Beaver Hardware Store in Chicago.

The brothers made the purchase on the weekend of January 25.

They also bought two red plain hats that they wore during the alleged attack, according to sources close to the investigation.

Chicago police believe Jussie Smollett PAID two Nigerian brothers to ATTACK him on the street | Daily Mail Online

And she's Jewish.
Anti-semitism has been revived and is alive and well all over the world, sadly. But its not considered "relevant". One only has to look at The Marais district in Paris, the 4th arrondissement for evidence. I'm not saying that the JS case is like the RB case, but she's also a celebrity who got a very hard slap and her career is done, over something that was not a criminal act. It will be interesting how the JS case plays out if its proven to be a hoax.
moo
Just want to note Jussie‘s father was Jewish, but Jussie graduated at a Catholic high school. I don’t think his religion plays any part here.

Well, in JS's own words he said the alleged attacker said "this is MAGA country". And that seems pretty unlikely because Chicago is not MAGA country, imho, and anyone with an ounce of savvy would know that.

Exactly! As someone from Texas who is an avid news reader my first thought was....Chicago isn't exactly MAGA country and even it was seems weird it happened during one of the most dangerous winter storms on record there.

Chicago police believe Jussie Smollett PAID two Nigerian brothers $3,500 to ATTACK him on the street and they bought the rope found around the Empire star's neck from a local hardware store
  • Actor Jussie Smollett orchestrated an assault against him, Chicago police say
  • Empire star hired two Nigerian brothers to beat him, investigators believe
  • Both men, Nigerian brothers, are friends of Smollett and said to be anti-Trump
  • The brothers were reportedly paid $3,500 and were promised additional $500
  • Smollett has hired high-powered defense lawyer Michael Monico
  • Smollett said last month that he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack
  • Said he fought off two noose-wielding white men yelling 'this is MAGA country'
  • Police say new evidence emerged in interrogations that requires investigation
The two men involved in the alleged hoax are now fully cooperating with law enforcement, CNN is reporting on Saturday.

Documents prove two Nigerian brothers who work as extras on the highly rated Fox drama bought the rope which was found around Smollett’s neck at Crafty Beaver Hardware Store in Chicago.

The brothers made the purchase on the weekend of January 25.

They also bought two red plain hats that they wore during the alleged attack, according to sources close to the investigation.

Chicago police believe Jussie Smollett PAID two Nigerian brothers to ATTACK him on the street | Daily Mail Online
From this article, it seems this was a politically motivated crime?
moo

Another sad note IMO is that Mr. Daniels (exec. producer) of Empire has taken great pride in the hiring of young artists and actors to be on his show and be showcased. That mixed with great "stars" who have been all in for the effort, have made appearances on the show as well. Mr. Daniels himself was very supportive of this young man and what had reportedly been done to him. For what is now alleged, it is like spitting in the face of those who lined up to help him. I guess there really is "fake news". It's bad when the news itself is "fake" before it's even reported!

JMO

Anyone else on here who"s been on this thread from the beginning notice the absence of some of those WS members, I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. They only seem to appear when things are looking up for JS....
Just a heads up.It is considered at the very least rude to post about other posters and gloating isn't a good look for anyone.
Also no word from Jussie .For all we know these two men may have fibbed to detectives to clear their names.Also no word from the Superintendent.
Not directed at you, but to suggest that someone in politics is behind this to pass a bill is beyond ridiculous.IMO

They quite possibly still might be coming, depending on their level of cooperation in prosecuting this case. Could be an very effective "incentive" to encourage them to be cooperating witnesses.
The wording in JS's indictment will be interesting.

Not sure if anyone posted a link to the full interview the other day with Robin Roberts:
I certainly hope she does a follow up.

There is a lot of barely controlled rage, hate and anger during this interview/performance. He could be a very dangerous person and I’m glad he is now on going to have to face the consequences for his actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog