IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the police said when they will issue an update on the investigation?

I know they know how important this investigation is not only to Jussie, but to all who live, and work in Chicago.

I'm sure the nation as a whole is interested as well.

It may take longer now though since LE has subpoenaed both cell phone records.

Do the police do it in house there or send it to the FBI?
Tia.

Imo

Chicago Police update: "The people of interest have not been identified (as homeless or otherwise)."

Anthony Guglielmi on Twitter

DymMfJPVAAEy6FF.jpg:large

I used to love to go into the city (Chicago) but it really has to be a big occasion for me to go there now. Too much crime, too costly. The city shakes you down for everything you've got.

You park were it is legal to park but still you get a ticket, you stop at a red light yet you get a ticket for running the light even though the photo they sent you shows you sitting at the light waiting for it to change, cost an arm and a leg to park and so on and so on.

Sadly the appeal of Chicago for myself and many, many people is gone. Lots of folks are moving out to the city. But how I miss some of those restaurants!!!
I used to love the museums. I remember at the age of 13, I skipped school got on a bus to Chicago and visited the Museum of Science and Industry. I gave a fake note to my school and told my parents I was spending the night with a friend. LOL, I went from Ann Arbor MI to Chicago on a bus. Kids are so brave and so stupid. That was when Chicago was a safe place in the 70s.

I used to love the museums. I remember at the age of 13, I skipped school got on a bus to Chicago and visited the Museum of Science and Industry. I gave a fake note to my school and told my parents I was spending the night with a friend. LOL, I went from Ann Arbor MI to Chicago on a bus. Kids are so brave and so stupid. That was when Chicago was a safe place in the 70s.

The museums in Chicago are fantastic. I grew up on the North shore, best childhood ever.

I used to love to go into the city (Chicago) but it really has to be a big occasion for me to go there now. Too much crime, too costly. The city shakes you down for everything you've got.

You park were it is legal to park but still you get a ticket, you stop at a red light yet you get a ticket for running the light even though the photo they sent you shows you sitting at the light waiting for it to change, cost an arm and a leg to park and so on and so on.

Sadly the appeal of Chicago for myself and many, many people is gone. Lots of folks are moving out to the city. But how I miss some of those restaurants!!!
I know what you say is true about how expensive it is, and the issues with the red light camera etc... But this particular neighborhood, in general, is pretty safe. I have relatives who live around the corner from where the alleged attack took place. They are both in their 60's and enjoy the restaurants and bars in their area which they often walk to, and often do so late at night. They feel safe. I would say the neighborhood is a mix of urbanites who live there in apartments and condos, tourists who come to the Michigan Avenue and Navy Pier areas, and business people. There are a lot of upscale apartments, like Jussies, as well as the condos and hotels.

Love it! Bueller, Bueller ... :p

Rob Elgas anchor and reporter for ABC 7 News Chicago has obtained the original incident report for the attack.
Rob Elgas (@RobElgasABC7) | Twitter

In the original police case report in the Jussie Smollett attack, police say the victim told them "Two unknown males approached him and gained his attention by saying verbatim "Empire fa***t n***er". Victim related that he is an actor on the TV show "Empire"."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DymVd1rX4AEtuEP.jpg:large

The original incident report.

1. NEW VIDEO IS BEING DOWNLOADED. Regarding the Jussie Smollett attack investigation a Chicago police spokesman tells @ABC7Chicago "Detectives continue to follow-up on investigative leads as additional security cameras have been located and footage is being downloaded and reviewed."

Rob Elgas‏Verified account @RobElgasABC7 3h3 hours ago
  2. MORE: The FBI is assisting CPD in the ATTACK investigation. "The Chicago Police Department is the lead investigative agency on the potential hate crime (assault/battery) with technical assistance being provided by the FBI at CPD’s request."

I'll be glad to see the new video. Hopefully it will shed more light on the case.

Wonder where could this new video have come from? Passing motor vehicles with cameras mounted?
The initial police report is very interesting.
The attackers did recognize him.
The attackers are said to have hit him with their hands on his face. Interesting, no mention of his ribs or him fighting back.

So this happened on a night when the temperature was negative degrees? Well, I go in Philly all the time and on cold nights, and Philly is very comparable to Chicago, and when it gets anywhere near that cold, you can't find a soul on the streets hanging out, much less people planning racial/sexual attacks. Philly even has a code blue, which tries to pull the homeless off the streets, once it gets so cold.

I am not blaming the victim. I just want some verified facts that this attack happened, other than one person saying it happened. People lie.

Just reading the police report, they describe the clothing (property #1) as "soaked in unknown chemical substance" unless they poured a massive amount, for something to still be described as "soaked" 45 minutes later in a warm apartment is odd. If it was soaked in an unknown chemical, I'm sure it was taken off asap but then I find it odd that the noose was still on him when they got there, I assume it was a coat but if it was that "soaked" surely it would have seeped through to his clothes underneath, so did he leave on clothes with chemicals on them or take them off asap? Taking off a jumper/shirt while leaving on the noose seems odd to me and the police report implies he was still wearing splashed clothes. Maybe I'm reading too much in to the word soaked and its just a term that LE use to imply splashed etc. They list the clothes as not damaged but maybe that just means not torn.

Under property #2 the rope, they have it listed as not a weapon.

Rob Elgas anchor and reporter for ABC 7 News Chicago has obtained the original incident report for the attack.
Rob Elgas (@RobElgasABC7) | Twitter

In the original police case report in the Jussie Smollett attack, police say the victim told them "Two unknown males approached him and gained his attention by saying verbatim "Empire fa***t n***er". Victim related that he is an actor on the TV show "Empire"."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DymVd1rX4AEtuEP.jpg:large

The original incident report.
The incident report goes to "page not here". I wonder what's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717