IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie De Mar on Twitter

STATEMENT FROM 20TH CENTURY FOX TELEVISION AND FOX ENTERTAINMENT ON JUSSIE SMOLLETT “We understand the seriousness of this matter and we respect the legal process. We are evaluating the situation and we are considering our options.”

I hope they fire him.

He should not get rewarded for his bad behavior.

Jmo

Come on he is a 36 year old man! I'm getting the feeling that there will be an outcry of compassion for him. Give me a break! He's nothing more than a spoiled little brat that can't earn his way to the success he desires, better to manufacture a hate crime. That will teach them!

Oh there will be the outcry, hand wringing, hair on fire and so on. :rolleyes:

But this ship has sailed especially with the performance of his life the other morning with Robin. :mad:

I said he would have to make restitution early on as well as Federal charges over the ridonkulous letter. This is much bigger than even Chicago. This is a crime against our country and it's not going away.

His career is over. This is the TB crime of the 21st century.
He can think about his actions and the direction of his life in prison where I firmly believe he will be sent.

Saying this gives me no pleasure as I could live the rest of my life without this BS. :rolleyes:

JMHO

I'm sad, I think hes bipolar like me or has some issues, hes really asking for help with that being said, dang it I really wish he hadn't done this, I think a hefty fine and some mental institution instead of prison would be better , for lack of a better description, hes a cutie and will get his salad tossed in prison.
Mental institutions don’t help personality disorders like narcissism. Sociopaths never change. Many bad things can lurk in pretty heads, his sentence should not be determined by his looks.

I've been watching Dr. Oz and Ellen in the afternoons lately.

Yesterday, Oz did a segment on Jussie - he (Oz) is in no way supporting him but trying to get to the underlying of it all - he showed 2 interviews - EARLY interviews - like before he was really famous - of Jussie. They mostly dealt with the HIV community and his (Jussie) efforts to help.

Dr. Oz then ended with what we have all been saying - jumping to conclusions, believing victims, the damage this has done and will do to victims and hate crimes, etc. etc.

I will be watching this afternoon to see if he updates on this since all this has now broke mainstream.

On Ellen -
While I have read that she was originally supporting him - she has been silent on this all since the investigation took a right turn. And while she might make a comment today - I don't really think so - she refuses to give time to negativity and sensationalism and strives to keep focus on GOOD things and good people and the positive that's out there everyday.

I hope they fire him.

He should not get rewarded for his bad behavior.

Jmo

After he makes bail I believe Fox should tell him to come to the "Office" for a meeting. Let the media know where and when the meeting is, along with the time and which door he has to go through to get in. Put out a "Red Carpet" so he can do his Celebrity Walk one last time. Then FIRE his butt along with disclosing how little "Salary" was.

The public will be clamoring to see how the show writes him out of it. Not since Lucy was giving birth to "Little Ricky" will the ratings fly off the charts.

Also residual royalties should be restricted from him for any future syndication of the show as part of his termination. For actors those residuals are like their retirement plans. He should get screwed on his.

JMO

Ok - first of all - HI!!!! very very very long time but I've found my way back (for any of you out there that were here back in the day).

This has me sickened and saddened.

He wrote/composed the hate letter.
Didn't get him the attention he wanted.
So enlisted the 2 brothers (who were financially challenged and therefore easily encouraged) to stage this "crime"
Paid the brothers with a CHECK no less (so very easily traceable)

All for what?
His salary?
His career?
His ego?

Shame shame shame.

The serious time and charges will come from the letter - as that is FBI (federal) territory. I am now wondering if he will be charged with domestic terrorism because of that letter.

This isn't over - not by a long shot.

Content of his character!!!!!!!!!

IMHO
And add to that the fact that when arrested for DUI in 2007, he gave LE his brother's name instead of his own and signed his brother's name instead of his own. How do you do that to your own brother???!!!
Jussie Smollett was convicted of providing false information to law enforcement in 2007

Welcome back, WOO

After he makes bail I believe Fox should tell him to come to the "Office" for a meeting. Let the media know where and when the meeting is, along with the time and which door he has to go through to get in. Put out a "Red Carpet" so he can do his Celebrity Walk one last time. Then FIRE his butt along with disclosing how little "Salary" was.

The public will be clamoring to see how the show writes him out of it. Not since Lucy was giving birth to "Little Ricky" will the ratings fly off the charts.

Also residual royalties should be restricted from him for any future syndication of the show as part of his termination. For actors those residuals are like their retirement plans. He should get screwed on his.

JMO
Residual income would be written in the contract. Unless there is an out in the contract - you forfeit the income if you're cause negative publicity for the show, for example, I don't think they can take that away from him. I'm no contract lawyer, though.

I hope he gets a jail sentence, and I'm not a "rot in jail!" kind of person. I think a short, but serious sentence is appropriate - and allows him to figure out how to redeem himself. I am a big believer in redemption and turning your life around, and I hope he does that....after thinking about it in jail for awhile.

jmo

Come on he is a 36 year old man! I'm getting the feeling that there will be an outcry of compassion for him. Give me a break! He's nothing more than a spoiled little brat that can't earn his way to the success he desires, better to manufacture a hate crime. That will teach them!
And the sad thing is, most actors would be sooo grateful to have the success he already had. But rather than being happy and grateful for what he had, he wanted more, more, more. MOO

JMO

Personally I would love it if the writers made his character do something so publicly narcissistic, selfish, and pathetic that it brings anger, embarrassment, and shame to the family and they disown him for life. End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214