IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verified account 1h1 hour ago
    I asked #JussieSmollett as he waited for his car if he had any il will against #Chicago. He emphatically told me he loves the city and the people of Chicago and has no il feelings toward anyone here. I asked what about Chicago PD? “No comment”.

152 replies188 retweets395 likes
Rafer Weigel‏Verified account @RaferWeigel
I also asked #JussieSmollett if he planned to reimburse the city of #Chicago for the amount of money that was spent on his investigation and he did not answer. What about the Osundairo brothers? No response.

Well, he has certainly made a monkey out of the Chicago PD. They look like fools, utter fools.

Doesn't help the reputation of Chicago does it??

Smollet is obviously very connected, no wonder he's such a smug little creep.

I don't think they look like fools at all. Did you watch the press conference that just happened? The CORRUPTION clearly lies in the prosecutor's office.

Somehow, I don't think so. He has come up smelling of roses after diving into manure.

No way. He's more hated now than he was last week. He might have had a chance with an actual plea deal/admission of guilt. Who is his fan base now??? The tiny sliver of the population that is OK with a man buying his way out of HATE CRIME charges?

Absolutely unreal!? What happened here??? Why was he granted such a privilege!?

Smollett's attorneys, Tina Glandian and Patricia Brown Holmes, issued the following statement Tuesday:

"'Today, all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him. Jussie was attacked by two people he was unable to identify on January 29th. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement.'"

"'Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions. This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion. That is wrong. It is a reminder that a victim, in this case Jussie, deserves dignity and respect. Dismissal of charges against the victim in this case was the only just result."

"Jussie is relieved to have this situation behind him and is very much looking forward to getting back to focusing on his family, friends and career."

Statement from Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office:

"'After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollett's volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case," the Cook County State's Attorney's Office said in a statement Tuesday.'"

"Smollett had posted $10,000 bond to be released from jail after he was arrested in late February."

No way. He's more hated now than he was last week. He might have had a chance with an actual plea deal/admission of guilt. Who is his fan base now??? The tiny sliver of the population that is OK with a man buying his way out of HATE CRIME charges?

Oh, I agree with you. Don't get me wrong. I am not fan of Smollett, had never heard of him before this 'event' but I think he will come out ok.

Look at the turn around on the set of Empire, now they're all supportive. Makes me sick.

According to the prosecutor it was dropped due to facts and I'm assuming that means lack of facts to support a case.
At any rate have fun and enjoy the continued battering of Jussie. IMO
Maybe you are right, but nobody in authority as of now has said there is a lack of evidence. For now, until we know more, that is an assumption you are making. Maybe it is true, but my assumption is they have evidence but made a deal...and that is about all we know. Of all things we should learn from this case, we should learn not to make assumptions. ☺

Jmo

Smollett's attorneys, Tina Glandian and Patricia Brown Holmes, issued the following statement Tuesday:

"'Today, all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him. Jussie was attacked by two people he was unable to identify on January 29th. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement.'"

"'Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions. This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion. That is wrong. It is a reminder that a victim, in this case Jussie, deserves dignity and respect. Dismissal of charges against the victim in this case was the only just result."

"Jussie is relieved to have this situation behind him and is very much looking forward to getting back to focusing on his family, friends and career."

Statement from Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office:

"'After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollett's volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case," the Cook County State's Attorney's Office said in a statement Tuesday.'"

"Smollett had posted $10,000 bond to be released from jail after he was arrested in late February."
His lawyer is saying he is a victim but has the prosecution gone so far as to say so. I think they cut a deal but are not saying he is innocent or a victim?

Imo

Oh, I agree with you. Don't get me wrong. I am not fan of Smollett, had never heard of him before this 'event' but I think he will come out ok.

Look at the turn around on the set of Empire, now they're all supportive. Makes me sick.

I think they are probably all supportive of trying to save the show, and thus their jobs. After the show tanks, I bet their support will go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow