IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #5 Smollett indicted”

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he do community service and pay a fine if he did nothing wrong? The charges were dropped, which means there is no punishment.

Where does the money factor in? Did he buy his way out of the charges?

So if charges were dropped, did he do anything wrong?
Is innocent until PROVEN guilty not a thing?

Yes there should be a trial, but he's not guilty until proven so. Its the prosecutors prerogative.

Chicago is a big city with many many many officers. "other crimes" were not ignored.

Now if this was a small dept say like Effingham, IL, then I'd agree with you.

IIRC, a few threads back there was a new article stating that during the 3 weeks that this lying had Chicago detectives chasing their tails around the city looking for these "phantom" muggers with a noose, there were more than 12 murders in the city , including a child who was shot in the head. Resources were wasted on this BS, when they could have been investigating the loss of lives. And you don't think this is a crime?? Maybe you can explain that to the mother of the baby who got shot in the head! JS is a who should answer for his actions!!

It was not court ordered community service that he was credited for.
Nothing that I saw states that he has to commit to any hours of any court ordered community service in the future. Apparently the volunteer help that he did prior was counted as community service done. The fine was paid by the bail that was posted after his arrest.

According to the prosecution and Smollett, he did nothing wrong. Why did the prosecutor want him to sign over $10,000? What did he get in exchange for the money?

I think it should be the CPD to go to a judge to show probable cause to obtain SWs to investigate why Foxx didn't really legally recuse herself, along with entire her staff.

The CPD is not going to take this slap in the face laying down.

Good for them for making a stand against a terrible wrong.

Imo

Shot
Craig Wall ABC 7‏Verified account @craigrwall
BREAKING: State’s Atrorney Kim Foxx says her office did not ask that the court file be sealed, says it was done inadvertently and she believes it is in the process of being unsealed ⁦@ABC7Chicago

Chaser
Emily Zanotti‏Verified account @emzanotti
Emily Zanotti Retweeted Craig Wall ABC 7

Really? Because when they realied that yesterday's Jussie Smollett filing had loopholes, which allowed both CPD and the city of Chicago to release FOIA-able materials, a SECOND order came down sealing that loophole and preventing ANY documents from leaking out.

IIRC, a few threads back there was a new article stating that during the 3 weeks that this lying had Chicago detectives chasing their tails around the city looking for these "phantom" muggers with a noose, there were more than 12 murders in the city , including a child who was shot in the head. Resources were wasted on this BS, when they could have been investigating the loss of lives. And you don't think this is a crime?? Maybe you can explain that to the mother of the baby who got shot in the head! JS is a ******* who should answer for his actions!!
A detective would not have stopped that crime against a child. Its not in their job to do so. So that is irrelevant (if not just plain wrong or misleading)

I doubt every single cop in the city was reassigned.

IMO

IIRC, a few threads back there was a new article stating that during the 3 weeks that this lying had Chicago detectives chasing their tails around the city looking for these "phantom" muggers with a noose, there were more than 12 murders in the city , including a child who was shot in the head. Resources were wasted on this BS, when they could have been investigating the loss of lives. And you don't think this is a crime?? Maybe you can explain that to the mother of the baby who got shot in the head! JS is a ******* who should answer for his actions!!

Precisely my point. That is what I tried to get across earlier. Resources were WASTED. Great post!

Precisely my point. That is what I tried to get across earlier. Resources were WASTED. Great post!
I dont believe every single officer was reassigned to this case.
I dont think every single officer was tasked with looking at CCTV tapes.

What's right? That he bribed someone? That he didn't want the bail money anymore even though he was so financially hard up that he staged a hate crime? Why did he pay someone $10,000?
Sounds similar to an Alford Plead

I don't think I said every single officer was assigned to this case did I? Whether it was one officer or 200 officers, still a waste.
Yes but it did not cause any other crimes to happen. Saying so is just misleading.

People who are not guilty of anything don't make deals. They take back their bail money and run.
no, it happens alot.
Also Alford pleads exist.
Another poster literally told a story of how they had to make a deal even though they didnt do anything wrong

Reactions: JDG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member