IL - Actor Jussie Smollett, hate crime hoax, Jan 2019 *Guilty* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A sad, sad bunch indeed. Get a load of this.....
Jussie's brother JoJo called in to a WGN talk radio program this afternoon.
Here's a link with a place to click to hear the audio of the call:

Jojo Smollett: ‘The punishment doesn’t fit the crime’ | WGN Radio 720 - Chicago's Very Own

OK, this was freaking hilarious. I think JoJo thought the hosts were going to be sympathetic which didn't happen at all. He got the heck off of there quick when they were going to read him text messages of what people thought about the situation :D:D:D

The privilege was palpable.

Last edited:

A sad, sad bunch indeed. Get a load of this.....
Jussie's brother JoJo called in to a WGN talk radio program this afternoon.
Here's a link with a place to click to hear the audio of the call:

Jojo Smollett: ‘The punishment doesn’t fit the crime’ | WGN Radio 720 - Chicago's Very Own

Priceless! The minimizing is epic!

"Well, he just doesn't deserve it, I think that the safety concerns don't merit the crime.".

"If this can happen to him, it could happen to anyone...and people feel concern that things can happen to people in jail. Freedom is a birthright...a lot of African Americans go into criminal justice system and there is no accounting for what happens to them.".

"This alleged offense is not even a felony in most states. He has basically been on house arrest, for three years. And a duly elected district attorney did discharge him from every thing.".

Yeah, he got off the program rather quickly when realizing no one was going with his narrative.

Jussie Smollett says he should be freed from jail five days into 75-day sentence due to Covid risk | Daily Mail Online

Five days into his 75-day jail sentence, Jussie Smollett is now complaining that he is at risk of COVID in jail and is worried about his mental health so should be let out early.

Smollett, 39, is being held in the medical unit of the Cook County Jail.

His family say he is being held in the psych ward and that there's a note on the door of his cell saying he is at risk of self-harm - which they insist isn't true.

They say it speaks to Smollett's courtroom outburst where he insisted he wasn't suicidal and claimed if anything happened to him in jail, it was at someone else's hand.

Now, the family is asking for him to be released again. They submitted an emergency motion in the appellate court on Monday, claiming he should never have been convicted.

[snipped]
'Incarceration in a jail or prison setting poses a heightened danger to Mr. Smollett's health when taking his current health status, including compromised immunity, into account.'

The doctor did not say what makes him immunocompromised, and representatives for Smollett did not respond to inquiries about it.

Since then, Smollett's family say they have received threats about him.

They received one over voicemail and released it to the media on Monday.

The caller used racist and homophobic slurs, calling Smollett the N word and a '*advertiser censored***t'. They said they hoped someone 'takes care' of him in jail.

Lots more in article:rolleyes:

The brother's report that JS is in the 'psych ward' should be taken with a grain of salt-- just more hype for the headlines. Based on JS's courtroom theatrics, why wouldn't he be on suicide watch?!

The actor's brother said he hasn't gotten clear answers from jail officials about why Jussie is allegedly in a psych ward. He urged supporters to flood social media in an attempt to figure it out.

From JS's booking sheet (which was first available within 90 minutes of being taken into custody), we already knew he was placed in Division 8 of the CCJ where Division 8 is reportedly known as the Residential Treatment Unit (RTU).

Jail Information
Booking Date
03/10/2022
Booking Number
Housing Location
DIV8-2SE-2155-1

This is especially true for individuals in Division 8—the Residential Treatment Unit (RTU)—where detainees with injuries and medical conditions, making them especially vulnerable to infection, are housed.

4/15/20 Not Getting No Treatment: Voices from Inside Cook County Jail

GUILTY - IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime, Jan 2019 #6 *GUILTY*

I predicted Covid fears would be JS et., al. next excuse!

Smollet and his family simply taking a page out of the 4/15/20 link above. Never mind that CDC has eliminated mask mandate across the country, and conditions 24 months later are hardly comparable. :rolleyes:

Why would Jussie be anymore susceptible to COVID than any other inmate at the Cook County Jail?

oh it’s because:

I’m Black
I’m gay
I’m Jewish
I’m not suicidal!
I’m innocent!
My 92 year old Grandma wanted to join me!

I predicted Covid fears would be JS et., al. next excuse!

Smollet and his family simply taking a page out of the 4/15/20 link above. Never mind that CDC has eliminated mask mandate across the country, and conditions 24 months later are hardly comparable. :rolleyes:
IMO, his placement in the Psych ward has to do with his fear of being placed within the general population in CCJ.

Regardless of his "mental health risk" he will be constantly monitored in a Mental Health Unit. IMO he is at risk for many reasons in the General Population at CCJ. He is much safer in a mental health unit than in general population.

IMO, Covid has nothing to do with this. that is the one of the reasons he went on that rant at his sentencing. He feared going into the general Population at CCJ.

JMO

Last edited:
IMO, his placement in the Psych ward has to do with his fear of being placed within the general population in CCJ.

Regardless of his "mental health risk" he will be constantly monitored in a Mental Health Unit. IMO he is at risk for many reasons in the General Population at CCJ. He is much safer in a mental health unit than in general population.

IMO, Covid has nothing to do with this. that is the one of the reasons he went on that rant at his sentencing. He feared going into the general Population at CCJ.

JMO

I agree. While Smollett deserves incarceration for his felonies, he does not deserve any sort of injuries or abuse.

JMO
Whether he is happy about it or not, he is in the safest place he could be as you note in the BBM. Personally I think his courtroom theatrics are because in his inflated ego he thinks he is reviled to the level that Jeffrey Epstein was and is worried that he will end up dead with blame being placed on suicide.

But the MHU is the appropriate place to keep a high profile prisoner who can't be thrust into genpop. As you say, he will be much more closely monitored meaning he is overall more secure.

It is said the only bad publicity for an actor is no publicity. Ignore the shenanigans, pay him and his family no more attention. He's already trashed his credibility and career. If there is no interest, he will be forced to shut up and go away. Not a moment too soon in my opinion.

A 75 day time served has nothing to do with Covid. Is it the family or media or both twisting the facts?

The following pertains to serving 75 days of a 150 day sentence.

“Good Conduct Credit”
All other sentences are served at 50% of time. Sometimes inmates call this day-for-day, early release, or good-time credit. The statute itself calls the reduction “good conduct credit,” which can be revoked by the Department of Corrections for misbehavior.

Sentences Served at 85% Illinois Law | No Day-for-Day Felony Prison Terms

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dany998
Back