IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *ARRESTS* *mother guilty* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me so mad to read JC cried & fought to hold back tears at her court appearance. She cared none when AJ cried.

And how pathetic is it a woman that can’t take care of herself was allowed to retain custody of children.

Last edited:
It makes me so mad to read JC cried & fought to hold back tears at her court appearance. She cared none when AJ cried.

And how pathetic is it a woman that can’t take care of herself was allowed to retain custody of children.

I wouldn’t be surprised if after she has baby that she suffered Postpartum Depression as that’s when everything is going to fall down on her.

I wouldn’t be surprised if after she has baby that she suffered Postpartum Depression as that’s when everything is going to fall down on her.

Idk. Her FB posts mention mental illness, she wasn’t trying to sweep it under the rug, nor receive a lot of sympathy, imo. Her posts are quite matter of fact.

I think she followed the rules to a T in effort to get P back, we’ve seen the photos of a normal looking house, clean children, etc. IMO she was being treated for her bipolar, working & following a regime that somewhat worked. Again, no baby sitter reported the children as abused.
In September 2017, her license expired, October 2017 things started spiraling downwards. I wonder if she got hooked up with DN around October? We know in Feb 2018 she reported him missing, he was found in a ‘facility’ of some type. Did he possibly introduce her to IV drug use? No reports of her using IV drugs until found passed out in her car. Where did DN go? Why?
I am not making excuses for JC, after studying dates, it is clear around October 2017, things drastically changed.
If you google, a bipolar person addicted to drugs is considered a dual Dx patient & difficult to treat.
It is moo with her bipolar situation she could not cope with WD unless under medical supervision, her rage becoming more pronounced as she struggled to get her next fix.
I’m speculating DN took her places she’d never been (drug wise), then he left, leaving her in a maniacal state.
Moo

Last edited:
Post from Tricia.....concerning Adderall
Hey Everyone,

We will be opening a new thread shortly but I would ask that you do not bring up anything to do with Adderall. Unless you have a picture of the pill bottle with AJ's name on it or the police reported that AJ took Adderall let's not go there please OK?

Thank you,
Tricia

That’s fine, but it’s on the 1st thread here. I saw it and replied.

So, it appears when JC worked her life was smoother, the structure likely keeping her somewhat balanced.
No one has mentioned babysitting for the kids but she must have had some type of childcare during her work hours. There’s no report of physical abuse noticed by a sitter, either.

I’m sure her good/bad times coincided with her addiction. Drug addiction turns the addict into someone unrecognizable. I’ve seen it first hand, like many have also.

For real! When the file requires its own box, things are clearly wrong.

That is part of the problem, should each child have a separate file? Or "family file" with each child having a separate folder. It gets confusing, when you have medical, educational, psychological, legal, case management paperwork for each family member.

Just a case management issue, because file management could be part of the reason why so many kids fall through the cracks. And you may not have the whole picture, because medical records for all injuries may not have been reported, and are not part of the main DCFS file.

I think after she has her current baby no one will really care what he state of mind is. Jails/prisons are not known for outstanding health care, imo.

I also think her anger & depression is related to her substance abuse & periods of abstinence (withdrawal) and not related to her bi-polar. Moo

I wonder if Drew asked her to have a paternity test so he would know the father of her baby?
Or if she told the bio dad she was pregnant & he insisted she have one?
Again, the court dx rule Drew out as the father. Therefore, they must know. Jmo

Science Behind Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Testing
The test can be performed as early as the 8th week of pregnancy, meaning you can choose to confirm who the father is nearly immediately after your pregnancy is confirmed. Unlike outdated methods for determining paternity like amniocentesis or a CVS (Chorionic Villus Sampling) test that can cause a miscarriage, a prenatal DNA is completely non-invasive and safe for both mother and fetus.

That is part of the problem, should each child have a separate file? Or "family file" with each child having a separate folder. It gets confusing, when you have medical, educational, psychological, legal, case management paperwork for each family member.

Just a case management issue, because file management could be part of the reason why so many kids fall through the cracks. And you may not have the whole picture, because medical records for all injuries may not have been reported, and are not part of the main DCFS file.

Maybe cases like AJ should be assigned to 4-5 people, they all do home checks, compare notes, etc. make these parents know the heat is on, either comply or surrender the child. No refusing to answer the door, etc.
I’m still smh she could be around the kids after ODing in her vehicle. Why? Why did the hospital release them to go home, a home she was also returning to? Med personnel knew she’d go thru WD or use again.

Maybe cases like AJ should be assigned to 4-5 people, they all do home checks, compare notes, etc. make these parents know the heat is on, either comply or surrender the child. No refusing to answer the door, etc.
I’m still smh she could be around the kids after ODing in her vehicle. Why? Why did the hospital release them to go home, a home she was also returning to? Med personnel knew she’d go thru WD or use again.

Well, that is another part of the problem, too many people doing case management, leads to staff splitting, the "criminals" work to find out which case managers are "vulnerable" to manipulation. So, they manage to get an advocate on the team.

Young case workers are often so dedicated, they are easily manipulated by "Criminals". The Criminal portrays herself as a "Victim" of the system, and she has tried to be a good Mother, but is judged by all of these hard core case workers. The lies and manipulation are epic.

Young case workers are often so dedicated, they are easily manipulated by "Criminals". The Criminal portrays herself as a "Victim" of the system, and she has tried to be a good Mother, but is judged by all of these hard core case workers. The lies and manipulation are epic.

And no one is more manipulative than an addict, imo.
Plus, in all honesty, a worker might live in a similar situation & think all is normal.
Bottom line is JC fulfilled her court ordered requirements & her reward was receiving custody of AJ. The court is reluctant to not reward the parent after they do their classes or attend rehab. Like a DUI case, the state takes the DL, orders the offender to take a class & returns his license.
Maybe the requirements are not enough. Perhaps a drug user needs to be clean for 5 years, allowed supervised visits in the meantime? Or simply never get a Do-over, because a do-over is endangering the child, imo.
If they want to complain about harsher guidelines, let them. They created their own problems & free help is available. Moo

Last edited:
And no one is more manipulative than an addict, imo.
Plus, in all honesty, a worker might live in a similar situation & think all is normal.
Bottom line is JC fulfilled her court ordered requirements & her reward was receiving custody of AJ. The court is reluctant to not reward the parent after they do their classes or attend rehab. Like a DUI case, the state takes the DL, orders the offender to take a class & returns his license.
Maybe the requirements are not enough. Perhaps a drug user needs to be clean for 5 years, allowed supervised visits in the meantime? Or simply never get a Do-over, because a do-over is endangering the child, imo.
If they want to complain about harsher guidelines, let them. They created their own problems & free help is available. Moo

I think if you get one child taken away for a reason and have another child within a certain time frame you shouldn’t be allowed to keep that child either. People can change, but she had A.J. and P back to back basically and she really shouldn’t have been allowed to keep P, IMO considering she also lost the eldest not too long before as well. She obviously was a very unfit parent who shouldn’t have been allowed to keep children under her care.

@Trudie Supervised visits are often problematic. Frequently users don't have access to transportation, because they may not have a car, or suspended licenses. And they need to be drug tested before the visit, a supervised test. The logistics can be tricky, because good Foster parents can burn out with all of these visits. They may have 3 or 4 kids from different families....or transportation issues as well. Or you end up with case managers doing all of the logistics, and transportation.

A lot of foster parents are actually interested in adoption, and this can be a fairly quick and inexpensive option for getting a baby or younger child. That may be their end goal. So, they may not want a lot of parent involvement. Why foster a child for five years and then have to give that child up?

The process is flawed. I guess I am pretty harsh, how many times should parents be given chances to abuse and neglect their own children? This is not judging people based on poverty, but on actual evidence of abuse...Drug addicts I have met, are self centered, even after treatment, it is always about them, they have little insight or remorse for how their actions impacted others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02