IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *ARRESTS* *mother guilty* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Trudie. Bless all those peoples hearts who reached out to give Lucy a home. The kindness of people just melts me sometimes. What she must have witnessed and the fear she must have had. It doesn’t compare of course to what little A.J. suffered and endured, but I think about that little doggie too, and it’s a relief and heartwarming to know there’s people out there who will give her a loving, happy & peaceful home.

Ita. Plus she’s up there in age for her breed. Let her have a few good years, hopefully. I would take her!

The problem with drug addict Mothers, is that they have a child who is usually born with disabilities, if not physical, then neurological, that manifest as Attention Deficit Disorder, Hyperactivity, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, a myriad of challenging behaviors.

And then, society expects a "Mother" who has already demonstrated poor adaptive skills, by using drugs, getting addicted to drugs, to get off of drugs, and be prepared to raise a child who is probably already wired to be challenging. It is set up for fail.

Idk, IL has a lot of bad criminals. These two are meek compared to some.
Idk where they’d move trial to, do you? The nation is aware & peed off.
I wonder if they will be offered deals so we don’t hear deets of DCFS shortcomings, iow, to keep some from testifying?

Wish they would move it over to my county in Illinois!!! Anything to do with children here is major!

Poor guy is having a breakdown and can’t deal after murdering his son and burying him and making pleas to little AJ to come home knowing damn well where he was and what happened... It pisses me off they even question if these awful people can stand trial!!!! Like your son couldn’t handle the abuse, that’s why he is dead!

I too had to take a break from reading on this case. I so agree with your post and my words are not fit to print, what I am close to bursting out with. I am so disgusted and outraged with every new detail that comes out. It sends me closer to the edge with each thing I read and I am going to need a competency hearing just to understand how not just one, but two parents can do these things to their child. That poor angel and these disgusting perverts.

Competency? He could find a tote. They could make a list--a LIST--of things needed to cover up their deed. He hid the child. He wrapped him in plastic. He buried the child. He covered it up. He was on media about wanting to find him. All lies, competent and knowing! There is your evaluation right there, done deal! Why do they need an evaluation? You have these and many more of his recent actions showing his COMPETENCY, lock him up and throw away the key. That is even way too good for them...

I have to stop before I go there or any further...

What baffles me the most, is when abusive parents get more abusive because of accidents as small as peeing the bed!!! He lied about it because he is scared of you because you are ABUSIVE!!! Where is the logic here? Where is your heart? A small boy is already scared and sick of being tortured, so you scold him and torture him more!!

I’m beside myself right now.... and curious why we even allow people this heinous to get a fair trial. To even get a shot at living still! It truly makes no sense to me. There has to be harasher punishment. This isn’t going to stop without some big changes being made! Eye for an eye... yes, call me evil, nothing is more evil than a parent killing their own child. The “protector” preying on their own child.

And then, society expects a "Mother" who has already demonstrated poor adaptive skills, by using drugs, getting addicted to drugs, to get off of drugs, and be prepared to raise a child who is probably already wired to be challenging. It is set up for fail.

How ridiculous is it to think an anger management or parenting class will change the disposition of a bi-polar heroin addict? Moo
They both are weapons of mass destruction imo.

Tomorrow, both are scheduled to enter their plea, I think we know already both will enter NG. Disgusting.

The problem with drug addict Mothers, is that they have a child who is usually born with disabilities, if not physical, then neurological, that manifest as Attention Deficit Disorder, Hyperactivity, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, a myriad of challenging behaviors.

That is a stereotype. My mom was using drugs while pregnant with my sister and she’s the healthiest 24 year old and never had any problems with any disorder. She was a great baby, great child and is an amazing woman.

That said, we had a village who made sure to protect her and gave her the safest environment to thrive. I really believe it’s more about the environment post-birth than the in utero exposure. Babies are very resilient and I believe if given a safe and loving home, they have everything in their power to thrive.

That is a stereotype. My mom was using drugs while pregnant with my sister and she’s the healthiest 24 year old and never had any problems with any disorder. She was a great baby, great child and is an amazing woman.

That said, we had a village who made sure to protect her and gave her the safest environment to thrive. I really believe it’s more about the environment post-birth than the in utero exposure. Babies are very resilient and I believe if given a safe and loving home, they have everything in their power to thrive.

It depends on the type of drug, frequency of use, overall health of the mom & a host of other factors. Moo
Many children are born with severe birth defects due to their mom using hard drugs during pregnancy. Moo

It may be a "stereotype", but one that is usually spot on. <modsnip>

Plus, I am assuming that you were not exposed to meth in utero? A whole different type of drug. Meth babies and meth addiction is different, as are the opioids available now. Not the old herion from the 60's and 70's. Or even the 90's.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a comment one of my FB friends posted last night (his own thoughts, of course). I have to say, I agree with his thinking. I hope I don't get a "time-out" for this.
It's time we put incarcerated felons to work building a 50 ft x 50 ft concrete box that stands 50 ft tall, no roof, with a concrete floor.
When murderers, mass shooters, child molesters, rapists and such, do heinous crimes against humanity, have a national holiday called "Day of Justice" and nationally televise on all stations a live feed of helicopters with those guilty; slowly being lowered into box and loop it all day long.
No food, water, TV, visitations, healthcare or guards.
Televise felons pumping concrete in the box to top it off when the corpses begin to stack up high enough to escape.
Repeat if necessary, but I'd wager it wouldn't be necessary.
Aloha to all, some more than others. May God have mercy on their souls.

It may be a "stereotype", but one that is usually spot on. <modsnip>

Plus, I am assuming that you were not exposed to meth in utero? A whole different type of drug. Meth babies and meth addiction is different, as are the opioids available now. Not the old herion from the 60's and 70's. Or even the 90's.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

We don’t know much about little AJ. But I have no reason to believe he wouldn’t have thrived if he had a chance to be a kid and have a safe home.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

We don’t know much about little AJ. But I have no reason to believe he wouldn’t have thrived if he had a chance to be a kid and have a safe home.

Yes, they do, usually in Special Education programs.

I agree. It is an offensive stereotype. I've not seen any evidence AJ suffered from any type of neurological impairment. He was beaten and placed in a freezing cold shower for wetting the bed. Wetting the bed is something many children do. Beating a child to death is something only a monster would do.

The fault in this case is squarely with the parents and a highly dysfunctional social services system.

The two DCFS caseworkers who failed to protect AJ are now blaming their failure on their caseloads. That's BS. The caseworkers failed to utilize readily available resources to do their job. I hope they are prosecuted.

JMO
Investigators who checked on AJ Freund before boy was killed had caseloads above DCFS limits, attorneys say

I think it’s offensive too because we are just “judging” these kids as “difficult” without really knowing if that’s the case or not. I mentioned Simone Biles - the Olympic gymnast. Her mom was addicted to meth and in jail 27 times while pregnant with her. She has no idea who her father is. Foster care then adopted by maternal grandfather + wife. Most successful female athlete of all time for many of us. At 22 years old.

We need to fight to take these kids out of these abusive environments. Let’s be frank. An addict that’s so deep to not be able to stop use when pregnant is not going to get better easily - or will at least need a few years of serious rehab and of proving that they really changed. It really should not be about family reunification - it should be about the protection of the child. Period. Nothing that this parents did surprise me giving they were heroine addicts. They put drugs in before their children’s safety. That says everything I need to know about their fitness as parents. Reading about the case we all knew disaster was the only end to this scenario.

How ridiculous is it to think an anger management or parenting class will change the disposition of a bi-polar heroin addict? Moo
They both are weapons of mass destruction imo.

Tomorrow, both are scheduled to enter their plea, I think we know already both will enter NG. Disgusting.
Court ordered psychiatric evaluation and therapy would have been better than middle school schoo parenting classes.

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. I don't know if we'll know anything since there's the gag order.

Irony, that this weekend is "Mother's Day". JC will enjoy her day, in a jail cell.

I will be going hiking and out to lunch with my beautiful children. Life is all about choices. JC could have at any point in time, reached out for help with her substance abuse problem. There are programs that would have taken her in, with her boys, in a heartbeat. She would have had priority, emergency response and case management.

All she had to do was ask. Her Mother, her caseworker...local mental health providers. She could have had help by other women in the same situation. Supportive, non-judgmental help.

Now, she is a criminal, child killer.

Irony, that this weekend is "Mother's Day". JC will enjoy her day, in a jail cell.

I will be going hiking and out to lunch with my beautiful children. Life is all about choices. JC could have at any point in time, reached out for help with her substance abuse problem. There are programs that would have taken her in, with her boys, in a heartbeat. She would have had priority, emergency response and case management.

All she had to do was ask. Her Mother, her caseworker...local mental health providers. She could have had help by other women in the same situation. Supportive, non-judgmental help.

Now, she is a criminal, child killer.

She should’ve never been given another chance after her 2nd child was taken away and the 1 who wasn’t her child. 3 children taken out of her care is a big enough red flag to me that she shouldn’t have had any children in her care. AJ should’ve never been returned and since he was there were enough red flags that he should’ve been taken again. Especially the one where she was passed out in her car. That monster didn’t deserve to ever be around any children.

@Victoria17 I agree, but if she had reached out for help, before killing her child, she would have been helped.

Some women even decide to give up their children, and go back to drugs. And they should be supported for that choice. Too many social workers try to "fix" these women, rather than really find out what they want. If someone doesn't want a child, get them a pen and the paperwork before they change their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo