IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *ARRESTS* *mother guilty* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I live, everything is done right there at the jail. The inmates never leave and it's all done via video/camera. Keep in mind, our jails are much bigger. I really think if it goes to trial they will have to move it. With all the press, I think it would be difficult to find a jury. I also think if they are convicted, they will be moved to a prison outside of IL. The only person that comes to mind is Jodie Arias. They moved her to an out of state prison.

Where I live, everything is done right there at the jail. The inmates never leave and it's all done via video/camera. Keep in mind, our jails are much bigger. I really think if it goes to trial they will have to move it. With all the press, I think it would be difficult to find a jury. I also think if they are convicted, they will be moved to a prison outside of IL. The only person that comes to mind is Jodie Arias. They moved her to an out of state prison.

Idk, IL has a lot of bad criminals. These two are meek compared to some.
Idk where they’d move trial to, do you? The nation is aware & peed off.
I wonder if they will be offered deals so we don’t hear deets of DCFS shortcomings, iow, to keep some from testifying?

AF's attorney requesting a gag order
May 7, 2019 article
"Sugden also is seeking a gag order in the high-profile case.

'The judge can order that without either party, but it appears we're all in agreement,' Sugden said of prosecutors' stance on a potential gag order."

Defense seeks psychological evaluation for AJ's father

Well, this is going to be frustrating for the next couple of years, I guess.

Maybe the gag order has more to do with DCFS than anything else?

ETA: The gag order could also have to do with things that may come to light that AB or P will see or hear. I think P is too young but AB is not.

Last edited:
Sugden is listed as the attorney for the criminal case. Unless he is also AF's attorney for the DCFS case I wouldn't think so.

Sugden is listed as the attorney for the criminal case. Unless he is also AF's attorney for the DCFS case I wouldn't think so.
He stated that it appeared they were all in agreement. I was just assuming all meant both attorney's and defendants in the case. Keyword assuming. Wrong thing to do. Lol

Do they ever make exceptions?
The nation is outraged. If you look at another similar case, linked previously, they were given leniency in exchange for guilty pleas. I hope these two just go straight to prison, w/ontrials. There’s no point, imo. But in their minds, they might think they’re innocent & AJ deserved to be punished. Jmo

No matter where she goes, there will always be someone who recognizes her haunting terrifying face. She will never be able to escape that. Her name is also now well known. And I’m not saddened for her.

He stated that it appeared they were all in agreement. I was just assuming all meant both attorney's and defendants in the case. Keyword assuming. Wrong thing to do. Lol

Well, we will likely hear nothing much from this point forward, only what TOS considers rumors, moo.
IMO, without pleas, 2-3 years before trial.

LOL, the word assuming gives me a chuckle because it was the first thing drilled into my head over and over when I started in the field. I can't count how many times I was sternly told to "never assume" the 1st few
years :confused:o_O. But I could see how it could be taken differently. The sentence was stated as:
'The judge can order that without either party, but it appears we're all in agreement,' Sugden said of prosecutors' stance on a potential gag order."
It went on to say (paraphrasing) that it was ultimately up to the judge.

Defense seeks psychological evaluation for AJ's father

Read the article someone posted a link to a few pages ago. The attorney for AJ's Foster parents spoke on their behalf. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they could miraculously adopt AJ's brother and unborn sibling? I know the court will try to keep both together. I wonder if that is where younger brother is. They haven't said where he is have they? (JMO) So many articles out there with people saying they wish they could have AF a safe and loving home. I hope people realize there are many other AJ's they can open their home to. It can be scary to do at first but it truly is amazing. Even short term foster care can provide a child with at least some knowledge of what family is supposed to be. It may be the one thing that helps them later in life.

Read the article someone posted a link to a few pages ago. The attorney for AJ's Foster parents spoke on their behalf. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they could miraculously adopt AJ's brother and unborn sibling? I know the court will try to keep both together. I wonder if that is where younger brother is. They haven't said where he is have they? (JMO) So many articles out there with people saying they wish they could have AF a safe and loving home. I hope people realize there are many other AJ's they can open their home to. It can be scary to do at first but it truly is amazing. Even short term foster care can provide a child with at least some knowledge of what family is supposed to be. It may be the one thing that helps them later in life.

What I find really sad about these situations is people are so upset about the situation and want a change and then the story dies down and seems to be forgotten about and then it happens again, almost the exact same way, just a different case and it’s repetitive. We for sure NEED this to be the case to break the cycle and more people come forward to help. And some states have such strong rules on foster parenting that people don’t pass to be one for more minor reasons, but they’ll leave the child in worse harms way and then the unthinkable may happen.

ETA: The gag order could also have to do with things that may come to light that AB or P will see or hear. I think P is too young but AB is not.

I think they want to “gag” JC’s mom!

What I find really sad about these situations is people are so upset about the situation and want a change and then the story dies down and seems to be forgotten about and then it happens again, almost the exact same way, just a different case and it’s repetitive. We for sure NEED this to be the case to break the cycle and more people come forward to help. And some states have such strong rules on foster parenting that people don’t pass to be one for more minor reasons, but they’ll leave the child in worse harms way and then the unthinkable may happen.

There’s no way this will ever end, imo. Look how many X this happens & we don’t hear about it. There’s too many cases for all to be covered. Drugs will always be available & drugs cause outrageous behavior.
Like JC, attend a few classes, pee clean a few times & voila
You’re a mom or dad again. I say no do overs. Not one. Commit to be a parent & do it right or don’t do it.

There’s no way this will ever end, imo. Look how many X this happens & we don’t hear about it. There’s too many cases for all to be covered. Drugs will always be available & drugs cause outrageous behavior.
Like JC, attend a few classes, pee clean a few times & voila
You’re a mom or dad again. I say no do overs. Not one. Commit to be a parent & do it right or don’t do it.

They put such harsh rules on foster parenting in some states as well and not such great rules in others where foster parents kill the foster children. Didn’t JC a child as well? Does anyone know if the child was physically abused or is that not known?

They put such harsh rules on foster parenting in some states as well and not such great rules in others where foster parents kill the foster children. Didn’t JC a child as well? Does anyone know if the child was physically abused or is that not known?

Not known. I don’t know of any state with harsh fostering rules. In KY, they advertise on street corners for foster parents. Kinda not cool, many of the kids have issues that not every person wishing to be paid for parenting is capable of handling. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo