IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *ARRESTS* *mother guilty* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In reference to adoption requirements for JC's unborn child should she give up rights to her child as well as info on a bio father and his rights:
  • "Birth mother’s identification of birth father: In order to have a secure adoption plan, it is in the best interests of the child for you to identify the child’s father. It is important to tell the truth about who the father is when a child is placed for adoption. • When you sign an Illinois surrender or consent to adoption, as a birth mother, you will also fill out an “Affidavit of Identification” that addresses the identity of your child’s father as part of the adoption process. This affidavit is considered by the court to be a sworn statement. • Please correctly identify the father of the child unless you absolutely do not know his identity or are unwilling to identify the father for a specific reason."
In this case the bio father is considered a putative father and must do the following to have any say about the child. He has until the child is 30 days old
  • PUTATIVE FATHER REGISTRY. A “putative father” is a man who may be a child’s father, but who was not married to the child’s mother before the child was born, is not named on the child’s birth certificate, and/or has not established the fact that he is the father in a court proceeding. If the child’s mother wants to place the child for adoption, the putative father must take steps to show that he is the legal father if he wants to be notified of the adoption. You must register with the Illinois Putative Father Registry before the child is 30 days old. You may register before the child is born. If you do not register with the Putative Father Registry before the 30-day deadline, the court may rule that you have waived your rights and permanently terminate your parental rights without notice to you. Your child may be permanently adopted without your consent. If you register, you must take further legal steps in order to establish parentage. You may wish to seek the advice of legal counsel concerning the procedures you must follow.
https://www2.illinois.gov/dcfs/abou...s_rights_and_responsibilities_in_illinois.pdf
BBM

Well, there's his defense. But, if he was working and living a seemingly normal life, I don't think he can claim he was psychologically incompetent when he didn't call 911 and he buried his child. Maybe now he is incompetent because of being locked up in a new home with other criminals and left with the guilt of what he had seen and done to his own son.

JC's incompetent claim is soon to follow.

Attorney requests psychological evaluation for Andrew Freund | Northwest Herald

Cunningham made a brief court appearance Tuesday morning. Afterward, prosecutors and her public defenders met with McHenry County Judge Robert Wilbrandt in private to discuss a matter related to Cunnigham's case.

Attorneys declined to say after court Tuesday what the meeting was about, and any of the related orders and transcripts will be sealed.

Well, there's his defense. But, if he was working and living a seemingly normal life, I don't think he can claim he was psychologically incompetent when he didn't call 911 and he buried his child. Maybe now he is incompetent because of being locked up in a new home with other criminals and left with the guilt of what he had seen and done to his own son.

JC's incompetent claim is soon to follow.

I can’t read article, now there’s a paywall, I caught a snippet, lol.

I can’t read article, now there’s a paywall, I caught a snippet, lol.
Here's the beginning of the article:

Andrew Freund's attorney has requested that the father of 5-year-old AJ Freund receive a psychological evaluation to determine whether he can stand trial.

The motion, filed Friday in McHenry County court, stated that Special Public Defender Henry Sugden "has concerns about the defendant's current psychological ability to recall an assist in his defense."

Sugden could not immediately be reached for comment Tuesday afternoon. Freund and AJ's mother, JoAnn Cunningham, are due back in court on Friday.

Tysm Trish.
We have no idea what his “problem” might be or if he truly has one. Besides the obvious.
It is interesting the court ordered him to have one in the past.
He knows how to play the game......

For a moment, I thought that they wanted a psych eval on the child, AJ. !

And really, for a man who went to law school, what is the point of a psychological evaluation? He is definitely cognitive enough to fake whatever diagnosis he wants. I often read these with a huge grain of salt, especially when the psych is an intern, working under the license of supervision.

So many drug addicts are so skilled at manipulation, new interns are easily enthralled with classic cases of PTSD, abuse, dependent Personality disorder...

I read them, and look at the whole file, which often shows a far better totality of behavior and functioning.

Especially when you get the full criminal file.

Here's the beginning of the article:

Andrew Freund's attorney has requested that the father of 5-year-old AJ Freund receive a psychological evaluation to determine whether he can stand trial.

The motion, filed Friday in McHenry County court, stated that Special Public Defender Henry Sugden "has concerns about the defendant's current psychological ability to recall an assist in his defense."

Sugden could not immediately be reached for comment Tuesday afternoon. Freund and AJ's mother, JoAnn Cunningham, are due back in court on Friday.

Pure fabrication....and not very creative considering he led them to where baby boy was buried.

Pure fabrication....and not very creative considering he led them to where baby boy was buried.
Exactly!! Was he incompetent when he went to the doctor on the morning they reported AJ missing? Was he incompetent when he asked for a receipt just in case? I can't speak for the night AJ died as he may have been under the influence and made some really poor decisions. But, he was competent enough to go to work that week, right? I have my phone out and am calling B.S. on this guy.

Exactly!! Was he incompetent when he went to the doctor on the morning they reported AJ missing? Was he incompetent when he asked for a receipt just in case? I can't speak for the night AJ died as he may have been under the influence and made some really poor decisions. But, he was competent enough to go to work that week, right? I have my phone out and am calling B.S. on this guy.

Considering he had one years ago, he prob’ thinks this is his best shot. There’s no valid excuse for either.
If I had to defend either, I’d get a doctor to excuse me. I could not fabricate reasons for them, hoping to get a notch in my belt.

I wonder who is going to decide who the evaluator is going to be. I say, let the general public vote on who. Favors run way too high!

I was not able to locate Illinois stats. Here's an estimate.

A parent killing a child happens more often than we think - CNN

Estimates one child per week is killed by parents...500 per year...
I was finding those numbers as well and then I came across this from the Child Abuse from the Child Welfare Information Gateway.
"According to data from the National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System (NCANDS), 49 States reported a total of 1,700 fatalities.2 Based on these data, a nationally estimated 1,750 children died from abuse or neglect in FFY 2016, which is 7.4 percent more than in 2012. This translates to a rate of 2.36 children per 100,000 children in the general population and an average of nearly five children dying every day from abuse or neglect."
It is also broken down more specifically at their general website Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities 2016: Statistics and Interventions - Child Welfare Information Gateway

Yes!!! @BlinkOfAnI I read that one. It's very interesting. I think it shows the high percentage of children under the age of 1 being killed. I think it was around 40 to 50% of the deaths. But don't quote me. I'll look at it again.

I had the 2nd half of the article posted but I see someone else posted it. I really wonder what’s going on in that courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15