IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s another news article (other than CBS), that states that police said AJ’s scent was detected by K9’s in the trunk of the car.

“On Friday, police said the investigation was focusing on A.J.’s home and that there was no evidence that the boy had been kidnapped or just walked out on his own. Additionally, the police state that the little boy's scent was detected by K9 units in the trunk of his parents' car.

Mom Not Cooperating In Search For Missing 5-Year-Old; Boy's Scent Found In Car Trunk

Three months earlier, records show, police had been called to the home to do a wellbeing check after someone reported that family had been living without power for weeks. An officer was denied entry by Cunningham, but saw both children, who “appeared happy and healthy,” according to a police report.

Cunningham was unable to tell the officer how long the power had been out, but said she had been staying elsewhere at times, including at a hotel in Woodstock. The report noted peeling paint on the home and that the “windows also seemed to be falling apart.”

The officers reported their findings to DCFS, but were told by the agency that a caseworker would not come out to check for utility issues, according to police records.

Missing boy, 5, lived in Crystal Lake home full of feces, records show
So everything was fine...nothing too see here.....carry on!

So everything was fine...nothing too see here.....carry on!

And this was a report from a police officer!

I can't even say the level of frustration I had, time, after time, as a "mandatory reporter", I would call DCFS about children, and unless I had a kid in front of me, who had a broken arm, and told me his Mother did it...the calls were a waste of time and energy.

But, I did it, and documented it in school records. Over and over, often for the same kids.

As a person who grew up in a physically abusive household and was too afraid to say anything to anyone for fear my mother would kill me, I appreciate seeing posts like this. It helps me remember there ARE in fact people who will look a little harder and notice things that others will just write off as normal.
And this was a report from a police officer!

I can't even say the level of frustration I had, time, after time, as a "mandatory reporter", I would call DCFS about children, and unless I had a kid in front of me, who had a broken arm, and told me his Mother did it...the calls were a waste of time and energy.

But, I did it, and documented it in school records. Over and over, often for the same kids.

Andrew Freund Sr. said he last saw his son around 9:30 p.m. "when he went to bed."

When they woke up the next day, they said they canvassed the neighborhood, went to a local park, a gas station and called his school but no one had seen the boy.

"I have no idea where he would be," he told the dispatcher.
Missing Crystal Lake Boy: 911 Call From Family Released

I thought AJ wasn't in school?

It was a 2 year suspension, AND AFTER 90 days he can practice with supervision. So basically, he could not practice for 3 months. Usually, there is A PLAN, like class's on ethics, etc., possible reviews every 90 days, etc during the supervision period.
Thanks for confirming. Thats how I understood it as well.

Yes, I am going with the ARDC. Can't get much higher than that.
ETA: I put the ARDC "search name" link in original post after I did the search and the site doesn't work that way. You have to start at ARDC's home page link and search from there. Apologies. Here is the correct link: Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission

Last edited:
As a person who grew up in a physically abusive household and was too afraid to say anything to anyone for fear my mother would kill me, I appreciate seeing posts like this. It helps me remember there ARE in fact people who will look a little harder and notice things that others will just write off as normal.

Your teacher probably noticed more than you think. And probably tried to help you. Glad you are away from the abuse now.

This is why I have so many issues with homeschooling. There are so many kids who are invisible.

I could not even read past page 2. How did “respondent” ever get custody of A.J. after that? What-the-ever-loving-F?!?!? :(:(:(

Thank u! I missed that there was a page two! I was so anxious and disgusted while reading this horrible document, I could not wait to get to the end of page one, not that I want to read page two. I am sickened and feel so badly for the kids who were brought into this world by this sad excuse of a mother.

She makes me absolutely ill. FGS, get your act together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!