GUILTY IL - Antinette 'Toni' Keller, 18, DeKalb, NIU Student, 14 October 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What I want to know (besides: where is Antinette?) is:

-is her purse missing, or is it still in the dorm room?

-does it look like she packed and took any clothes, toiletries, etc. with her, or does her dorm room still have all her personal belongings in it?

-any activity on her credit cards, debit card, etc.? Any big cash withdrawals recently?

-is the dorm key that they found in the woods a key she supposedly lost a while ago, or was it dropped this weekend when she went missing?

-what's on her computer? Any google searches related to suicide, taking off and starting over, etc.? Or, any hostile instant messaging with someone?

-where, exactly, did the dogs track her scent -- was it to I-88 or IL-38? (Big difference!)

-the area near the Junction retail complex (where she supposedly went the day she disappeared) *should* have some security cameras...did they catch anything?

-the camera that she supposedly had with her...this is dumb question, but do expensive cameras have, like, serial #s or any sort of identifying information? Is there any way to somehow find out if that camera has been sold recently? (Just grasping at straws here!)

Thanks, I clicked on your link, but it didn't seem to work. I am not real familiar with the rivers in Dekalb. I hope she wasn't near the river though.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/articles/2010/10/20/88229203/index.xml

Sorry about that! Still trying to navigate the basics of websleuths, lol:)

In the wooded area where she (supposedly) went, there is a small river, the Kishwaukee River, running directly through it. Since we haven't had rain in so long, the river is realllly low and dry-ish right now, but definitely still threatening if someone were to fall in.

I actually saw the dive team as I was driving by today...I'm glad they seem to be trying to do the most thorough search possible of that particular area.

SheRa, I think your camera question is a good one. I know my husband bought me a nice bicycle a couple years ago for my birthday and it has serial number and is in a national registry. So a nice camera might have some type of identifying number on it.

If searching is being done in lakes/water, the tip about CA does not seem to be very viable...sounds more like they have no idea what happened to this young woman...

Update from Chicago, watched CBS Chicago affiliate, 10:00PM news 10/21/10

All day 'comprehensive' search for Antinette 'Toni'. Divers, dogs, searchers, found nothing as of yet. The key found the other day in the woods may be the only clue LE have that Toni actually made it to the woods being searched. The key is 'iffy' because she lost her dorm key a couple weeks ago. The one LE found may be her new one or not! (seems they could check numbers - my guess is that they wouldn't be searching with such intensity if the key wasn't her new one! moo).
Campus LE, DeKalb LE & County LE are working together to find Toni.

Father says she would NOT run away, that she loved NIU, her friends, and was a happy girl. Nobody knows how the info about California got out there. According to dad it is incorrect info.

Toni talked with mom last Tuesday PM (Oct. 12th) and made plans to come home this past weekend. They were waiting for a call this past Friday to pick Toni up and never received it.

Toni's mom was so distraught over her missing daughter that she had to be admitted to the hospital. Mom is now out. moo

Toni's friends at NIU are putting together pins, posters, and working together to bring her home. I found that the interviews with the young college students were sad - hard for such young people to digest that their friend has been gone a week.

Media in Chicago consumed with the politics, ads, debates etc. Seems Chicago media can hardly find time to fit missing Toni and her family in their news report. moo all just my opinion and that stuff.

Where is this beautiful art student who graduated a few months ago from high school? moo

Good heavens this is very sad! I am 25, and was also a freshman art major at my local university (but in 2003). I can relate to this bright young lady. G-d I hope she wasn't hurt/taken.

I remember going out alone on trips to take pictures for my photo class too, and looking back, it was not such a good idea. I got some great shots, but from some pretty isolated areas. I remember one time I did have my boyfriend (who is now my hubby), come with me to an abandoned home in the woods to keep gaurd.

Finding that dorm key worries me. I understand that she lost her key a couple of weeks earlier, but LE needs to find out if she had already visited that area at the time she lost it. Otherwise, why else would it be there?

Prayers for her and her family!

The problem I am having about the reports that she lost her previous dorm key and the dad stating on the phone interview that the key found "could have been" that one is...what are the odds she lost her previous key in the same location she was last known to be, in the woods??!? Too much of a coincidence to me. :waitasec:

Bumping this case....wondering what happened to "Toni?"

The problem I am having about the reports that she lost her previous dorm key and the dad stating on the phone interview that the key found "could have been" that one is...what are the odds she lost her previous key in the same location she was last known to be, in the woods??!? Too much of a coincidence to me. :waitasec:

I agree if it were confirmed Toni hadn't previously gone to these woods.
We don't know that this was the first time she'd explored this area or how often she may have visited this particular area. Especially with her date of disappearance being about peak fall colors for this area of IL.

At least her case is still making daily news. Not a whole lot of info but I am hearing it on the local news.

The lost key is confusing, but I think the fact that the dogs tracked her scent to here and then lost it is the scary part. Parks are often empty and deserted during the daytime with kids in school and adults working, which is when people up to no good love to stalk parks. It is also scary to think that they have nothing to go on except a lost dorm key.

http://bolingbrooksun.suntimes.com/news/2061230-418/keller-park-police-missing-niu.html
Dogs from Midwest K9 Emergency Response Team tracked Keller’s scent in the park, and police used their findings and witness statements to pinpoint the areas Keller would most likely have been.

Young would not say how far Keller’s scent was tracked or whether they have been able to find her cell phone. He would not confirm a report that Keller’s dorm key was found in the park.

“I can’t really say what we have done and what we have not at this point,” Young said. “Like any investigation, you want to make sure you do it thoroughly and make sure the integrity of the case is maintained.”

Interesting info in this article.. talks about 2 other people who have gone missing in the area in the last couple of years.

Here is my daily update regarding Antinette (Toni) Keller from Plainfield, Illinois. NBC Chicago affiliate 6:00pm news 10/22/10

Over 40 investigators are working to find Toni. Interviewed students on campus at NIU. They expressed fear for themselves and their fellow freshman classmate, Toni..8 days missing is difficult to make sense of.

Toni is NOT a runaway and the idea she is off to California is not even being considered.

IMO it is very unfortunate that Toni was viewed as a run-a-way the first several days. Chicago news is far too busy with children being gunned down on a daily basis to pick up on a run-a-way college student. Don't know if those first several days can ever be made up. mho moo

Can't help but wonder just who this predator is: A student, faculty, passer by on I88, member/worker in the community? I'd be scared too. moo mho

Woe.be.gone, linking to project jason is fine. It is one of the best missing persons sites out there.... and they are listed/linked in our Lighting the Way Home area as a resource for families of the missing.

Our member Lavanda Dolce has created another beautiful banner for Antinette. Thank you Lavanda! You do such a beautiful job with these!

MissYouToni.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts
Back