Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the NamUs info. It is even possible that 15:16 is the last time a person other than JW or Beths husband spoke to Beth?

This is so frustrating! Even if Beth met up with someone why a Sunday night and at the end of the long weekend her DH knew about? Why not at the beginning of the weekend and then meeting back up with JW to drive back? That is where the infidelity theory goes out the window for me. Even JW and RR not being fully honest with LE about the last time they saw Beth over the long weekend doesn't make sense, becuase if so- and Beth met up with someone shortly after they arrived in Mt. Vernon, why would Beth be calling daily? And couldn't LE rule that out with those 'oh so elusive' phone records I keep bringing up? Wouldn't LE be able to say Hmmmm... Beth was supposed to be with JW all weekend, but here we have a record of X calls between the two from so many miles apart which would clearly indicate they were not together most of the weekend?

I can't find any reasonable theory that doesn't lead me straight back to JW and RR having the key answers to this.

Cubby, you've really made me think, here. I don't know how to say this, but what if it's all turned around backwards and Beth is a kingpin but JW and RR really don't know anything. Like if there's a chain of command and there's someone higher up in command, who has done something with Beth. JMO MOO
:cow:

Back to the NamUs info. It is even possible that 15:16 is the last time a person other than JW or Beths husband spoke to Beth?

This is so frustrating! Even if Beth met up with someone why a Sunday night and at the end of the long weekend her DH knew about? Why not at the beginning of the weekend and then meeting back up with JW to drive back? That is where the infidelity theory goes out the window for me. Even JW and RR not being fully honest with LE about the last time they saw Beth over the long weekend doesn't make sense, becuase if so- and Beth met up with someone shortly after they arrived in Mt. Vernon, why would Beth be calling daily? And couldn't LE rule that out with those 'oh so elusive' phone records I keep bringing up? Wouldn't LE be able to say Hmmmm... Beth was supposed to be with JW all weekend, but here we have a record of X calls between the two from so many miles apart which would clearly indicate they were not together most of the weekend?

I can't find any reasonable theory that doesn't lead me straight back to JW and RR having the key answers to this.

Well said , Cubby. I think they have the answer too.

Cubby, you've really made me think, here. I don't know how to say this, but what if it's all turned around backwards and Beth is a kingpin but JW and RR really don't know anything. Like if there's a chain of command and there's someone higher up in command, who has done something with Beth. JMO MOO
:cow:

The thought has crossed my mind and I just can't fully wrap my mind around it right now. Mainly because everything LE has reported has surrounded around the train station and that Beths DH is fully cooperative.
Of course keeping with TOS and WS being a victim friendly forum - in that based on what we currently know Beths DH has not raised any concerns by LE and until LE or media gives us any info to change that we can discuss but not sleuth Beths DH.

I hope that makes sense.

A LOT of possibilities which is why it would really nice if LE put out some statement as to what is happening in the case. :banghead:

Um... One guess here. He's a standup kind of guy who is hearing rumors and maybe not-so-pretty truths and is going through a horrible time worrying about her. Plus he is willing to work through anything, no matter what, and he hopes and needs to think she is still alive?

MOO :cow:

I agree. There was a case a few months? back about a woman from West Chicago IL- who suddenly walked out of her life in Hyde Park while working on renovating a condo with her DH and a friend of his. She was eventually found safe a few days later, but was just overwhelmed with personal issues in her life and her family and friends wanted her to know - whatever the issues were they would work it out together.

We just don't know enough yet about what is happening.
What is LE doing?

Honestly, if it were ME and I was only concerned for my spouse or friend I'd probably be shouting from the roof tops and creating media attention myself. Just to keep my missing loved one in the news.........
The squeeky wheel thing.

JMO

I agree. There was a case a few months? back about a woman from West Chicago IL- who suddenly walked out of her life in Hyde Park while working on renovating a condo with her DH and a friend of his. She was eventually found safe a few days later, but was just overwhelmed with personal issues in her life and her family and friends wanted her to know - whatever the issues were they would work it out together.

We just don't know enough yet about what is happening.
What is LE doing?

Honestly, if it were ME and I was only concerned for my spouse or friend I'd probably be shouting from the roof tops and creating media attention myself. Just to keep my missing loved one in the news.........
The squeeky wheel thing.

JMO
He now has responsibility for the boys, the office, and quite possibly is depressed. Maybe more than that, even, on his plate.

Whatever the issues are.... this is no time to be worried about skeletons in the closet ( no pun intended ) or reputations. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING needs to be brought to the table to LE in order to find Beth. Let the cards fall where they may....

right now my biggest concern are Beths three children who are missing their mom. Who wants to cheat kids out of their mom?

Someone knows something they are not telling and it is time to put these kids first!

JMO

What's more important in Woodstock? A missing woman or a missing horse?

http://woodstockadvocate.blogspot.com/

Interesting article. Just wondering out loud... What does it take for LE to suspect foul play? I realize LE may not have much proof or many leads, but at what point can they say, "This persons (JW/RR) story doesn't add up -lets check their background/whereabouts if it appears they're covering up something.." ??

Can LE demand a lie detector on JW/RR? Is that even legal?

Again, just thinking..

Just guessing, here, but knowing that WPD has entered her into the LEADS and NCIC databases, and she's listed as Missing/Endangered, then if they are able to prove that they have been give false statements, then they can at least issue search warrants. Not sure about the polygraphs, once someone has "lawyered up." But if they are very anxious to clear their good names, they might voluntarily take them.

No one can be legally required to take a polygraph....the most that can be done is to persuade someone to take a test voluntarily. Even if a lawyer believes his or her client to be innocent, he or she is unlikely to advise a client to take one; the results are highly dependent on the skill and objectivity of the examiner administering the test. Even if the client passes, there's no assurance that LE won't continue to view the client as a suspect, so clearing one's name is no sure thing. Illinois is one of the states that prohibits the admission of polygraph test results into evidence.

Whatever the issues are.... this is no time to be worried about skeletons in the closet ( no pun intended ) or reputations. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING needs to be brought to the table to LE in order to find Beth. Let the cards fall where they may....

right now my biggest concern are Beths three children who are missing their mom. Who wants to cheat kids out of their mom?

Someone knows something they are not telling and it is time to put these kids first!

JMO

Maybe those skeletons in the closet have very big repercussions. I keep thinking that (theory only) there could have been some sort of drug deal going on. JW and RR wouldn't want to implicate themselves in any thing like that, especially if BB was taken in lieu of payment for drugs that were not paid for up front. Far fetched maybe, but you hear so much worse than that in the news daily about incidents in Mexico.

It's been established that BB, JW and RR were at the Frosty Mug Friday night with a 4th person, a man. No one, not JW or anyone else, has publicly identified that man. I still think he's the key; is he missing too? If there were drugs involved, these people would pretty clearly be amateurs. If BB had money on her, there'd be a strong incentive for a pro to keep both the money and the drugs. This is PURE speculation, but there are so few facts coming from both LE and the media, not to mention BB's "friends."

It's been established that BB, JW and RR were at the Frosty Mug Friday night with a 4th person, a man. No one, not JW or anyone else, has publicly identified that man. I still think he's the key; is he missing too? If there were drugs involved, these people would pretty clearly be amateurs. If BB had money on her, there'd be a strong incentive for a pro to keep both the money and the drugs. This is PURE speculation, but there are so few facts coming from both LE and the media, not to mention BB's "friends."
Has this shown up now in the press? I'd like to update the factsheet if you have a link. :waitasec:

Could that forth person at the Frosty Mug have been RR's brother NR?

Maybe those skeletons in the closet have very big repercussions. I keep thinking that (theory only) there could have been some sort of drug deal going on. JW and RR wouldn't want to implicate themselves in any thing like that, especially if BB was taken in lieu of payment for drugs that were not paid for up front. Far fetched maybe, but you hear so much worse than that in the news daily about incidents in Mexico.

Could be. I'd wonder why BB, but we have heard of no ramsom demand. If BB were taken for some debt owed, why no info on a ransom? I tend to think probably not or someone would be asking for money in exchange for BB.

JMO

Good question. Why has that 4th person not been identified?
I think if drugs were involved possibly an accidental od? JMO

Has this shown up now in the press? I'd like to update the factsheet if you have a link. :waitasec:

Maybe "established" was too strong a word; "reportedly" would probably have been a better choice. My information comes from a few sources: 1. Facebook comments; 2. The Woodstock Advocate blog: http://woodstockadvocate.blogspot.com/2010/06/5000-reward-now-beth-bentley.html; and 3. A friend in the Mt. Vernon area who knows the waitress at the Frosty Mug who waited on the group Friday night (I know, hearsay). To my knowledge, none of the mainstream media have mentioned the Friday night dinner.

To my knowledge, none of the mainstream media have mentioned the Friday night dinner.
This is interesting, when it's such a public place and so many people are saying it. They verified right away that she wasn't on the train, and this should be a slam dunk for the reporters, and a story either way. Then, why would LE not care to "go there?" And would they tell us the answer would be jeapordizing the case. I'd want to talk about why. It's still a rumor, but one that should be easier to go after than a lot of them are. Where's the press, Eh?

To my knowledge, none of the mainstream media have mentioned the Friday night dinner.

I wonder if a missing poster has even been posted in the Frosty Mug (bar). Looking through the discussion page "In what area's have posters been put up?" about where posters had been distributed, the Frosty Mug is not listed.

I don't remember having seen any talk in the media or on fb as to if the staff at the Frosty Mug remembers any of the group being their that Friday night either. Now three weeks later I'm sure the memories of the staff would be some what faded of who was served at the bar that long ago.

I did find an interesting review of the Frosty Mug online done a few years ago from someone named Ryan. Perhaps a photo (mugshot) of the known acquaintances with Beth that Friday night would refresh the memories of the Frosty Mugs staff if LE or others searching for Beth has not already persuade this avenue.
The Mug is a good place to get a drink in what isn't much of a selection in Mt. Vernon. A lot of locals here, and the staff will remember you and your drink of choice fairly quickly.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-frosty-mug-mount-vernon

I'm also getting the impression from reading the posts on "The Boyfriend" fb discussion page that many of Beth's friends on fb are forming the impression that JW is somehow involved with Beth's disappearance and are starting to ask more questions and demand answers from her as to what happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak