Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I said Mt Vernon LE are on the case.. area locally was being handled by IL State LE

Oh. Just so you know, the following is where I got the idea that Mt Vernon was involved at some point, which I had not seen. I missed that happening.

it is my understanding Mt Vernon LE case was turned over to the IL State they are now handling that end of it.. offically anyway.

Friendly reminder folks. Rumor is ok as long as it is prefaced as a rumor. however any rumor has to be tied to the case. For instance, Beth liking plastic surgery would have to be tied into the case to somehow discuss it.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Just send a pm or go to the top of the forum to the sticky thread threadiquette questions welcome here and ask away!

Thanks!
Cubby

How frustrating! RR's sister keeps oddly baiting everyone with hints about "the truth" on the facebook discussion page but then... nothing. And JW hasn't answered the simple questions posted by a Facebook user. I've tried to keep a somewhat open mind regarding JW's possible involvement in this case, but that's getting harder and harder to do.

Jenna, I went back and read JW's comments on beths missing FB page, and I don't think she is trying to help. I think JW is in clean up the mess she made and clear her name mode the best she can. She knows people were upset with her bashing her friend online, a friend that SHE(JW) was the last person to see alive- and now JW is only concerned about clearing up her image and her comments reflect that. I hate to say that but I see nothing helpful in the comments she posted.

Everything we know about Beth from friends (other than JW) is that Beth was in constant contact. Constant contact which leads me to believe -if- (and that is a very slight if) Beth needed time away, she would have told at least one close trusted friend. Once that friend, or Beth was aware of how distressed her husband and children - especially children - are in this situation an open missing persons case would not be going on it's 3rd week. Within a few days, that friend would have been able to make contact with Beth who in turn would have contacted LE to let them know she is OK but taking time to herself. A FRIEND would not let Beth go through this alone. IF BETH had some problems, if she felt she couldn't turn to her DH, she had at least one friend she could have turned to and trusted. The fact that she did NOT and has not made contact leads me to believe JW knows a lot more than she told LE and a lot more than she is sharing on FB.

JMO

How frustrating! RR's sister keeps oddly baiting everyone with hints about "the truth" on the facebook discussion page but then... nothing. And JW hasn't answered the simple questions posted by a Facebook user. I've tried to keep a somewhat open mind regarding JW's possible involvement in this case, but that's getting harder and harder to do.

Whoa, wait a minute. I read that too fast. You said RR's sister is baiting people with hints at the truth? I don't know that I know who RR's sister is at FB. (initials would be ok to post, but no full names please.)

Now it really sounds like the last two people to see Beth alive are trying to lay down tracks to cover their tracks and get peoples suspicions and speculation regarding their (very likely) involvement in Beths disappearance to go looking elsewhere. We can only hope they do a "Dee Dee Moore" and keep talking. Ay yi yi!

32489_133428200007067_100000196640202_356388_425349_s.jpg

this is Beth, Tiffany Necklace

28661_1490020773146_1312776874_1415037_3746598_n.jpg

Vera Bradley Bag....big....pink and orange, it held all her overnight things. She has an iPhone with a Ed Hardy-like case (looks like tattoo drawings...big in the stores and in women's clothing).

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...8360&aid=-1&oid=122739057758360&id=1312776874

Whoa, wait a minute. I read that too fast. You said RR's sister is baiting people with hints at the truth? I don't know that I know who RR's sister is at FB. (initials would be ok to post, but no full names please.)

Now it really sounds like the last two people to see Beth alive are trying to lay down tracks to cover their tracks and get peoples suspicions and speculation regarding their (very likely) involvement in Beths disappearance to go looking elsewhere. We can only hope they do a "Dee Dee Moore" and keep talking. Ay yi yi!

Same initials as her brother. Look in the discussion section under The Boyfriend thread.

The baiting is saying thing more or less on the order
"if you knew the truth.." etc, and complaining about JW's and RR's kids (she has 3 or 4 and he has one, no together) having to see the complaints about JW and RR. A number of folks have said, hey tell us the truth then, but, so far, no.

Have I said before this is a weird case.

Good night all.

Same initials as her brother. Look in the discussion section under The Boyfriend thread.

The baiting is saying thing more or less on the order
"if you knew the truth.." etc, and complaining about JW's and RR's kids (she has 3 or 4 and he has one, no together) having to see the complaints about JW and RR. A number of folks have said, hey tell us the truth then, but, so far, no.

Have I said before this is a weird case.

Good night all.

Thank you WLR' When I read Beths missing FB page earlier, I only read the messages not the discussion threads. Will make sure I check them out.

thanks!

I don't think she'll be in a flophouse shooting up drugs, or even in the arms of a wealthy sugar daddy somewhere, as some of the odd rumors seem to imply. I'm thinking Beth is used to spending freely and wouldn't adjust all that easily to a life without identity, phone, and credit cards, not to mention her family. She was in a bar with her girlfriends in all of those pictures I saw. I can't imagine her flying below the radar for this long. I think she's endangered, or has been.

Scott Bentley said his wife told him she went on the trip to Southern Illinois because Wyatt didn't like to drive alone. He also said his wife had contacted him every day of the trip up until the afternoon of May 23, when she vanished.

Police said Beth Bentley sometimes uses her maiden name of Rogers.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...6536D3BB2D8AD3048625773D007535CC?OpenDocument

This is an interesting statement I'd like to comment further on. Makes JW's accounts of what happened that weekend even more hinky imo.

Beth and JW drive south together so JW doesn't have to drive alone. This must mean RR did not accompany the two ladies on the drive down to Mt. Vernon on May 20th. RR was either already in Mt. Vernon or took his own transportation down there with materials for the home renovation. When did RR arrive in Mt. Vernon prior to Beth and JW arriving on the 20th? Why didn't JW drive down with RR so she didn't have to drive alone? Most importantly, if RR had seperate transportation and JW did not like to drive alone how was she planning on returning to Northern Illinois on Monday if she dropped Beth off at the train on Sunday? JW was unable to drive alone on Thursday May 20th, but 4 days later she was ok to make that same trip back alone?

JW's story about the events of May 23rd is as strong as Casey Anthony's Zanny the Nanny story. I'm just not buying it. I hope the 5,000 reward for information leading to Beths whereabouts leads to some real answers about what happened that Sunday.

Where are you Beth?

The lack of an official police statement is frustrating! ANY official information at all at this point would be helpful.

The lack of an official police statement is frustrating! ANY official information at all at this point would be helpful.

Is there nothing to say or do they know more and feel it's not necessary and/or wise to say anything?

Welcome to WS EziliGede.

I'm not sure there is anything LE can say at this point. They've stated they can not verify Beth was ever at the train depot in Centralia. It sounds like the two persons who last saw Beth are not cooperating. This is an open investigation and LE won't release any info that would jeaprodize the investigation in any way. We don't know if the home in Mt. Vernon has been searched. I doubt the R' family would cooperate with a search and LE would need probable cause to obtain a warrant to search the property. ......

So many questions and SO MANY holes in JWs' statements. She seems more concerned about her reputation at this point than she does her missing friend. All I/we can hope is she gets a conscience and is honest with giving LE what she knows. Despite saying she has been asked not to talk about the case, she hasn't even been clear about WHO asked her not to speak about the case. She is so all over the place with her statements, we can only hope there is enough truth in them ( there is always a little truth in the lies people tell.....) that LE is able to piece that info together and find Beth.

Keeping Beth's name and face in the public eye will definately help until she is located, hopefully safely, although as time goes by my hopes for that are unfortunately dimming.

MORE DETAILS: Beth was dropped off by her friend. They were in a 2009 White Nissan Ultima. Beth exited the car ACROSS and stood on the sidewalk BY THE MEXICAN RESTAURANT Los Cabos (yes I've been there and they don't recall her). She had her VERA BRADLEY BAG and white purse. Friend said she left her there and did not s.........ee Beth walk in any direction. The time frame, according to friend, is between 5-6pm on Sunday, May 23rd.See More Los Cabos Mexican Grill in Centralia, IL 62801 - (618) 918-3848 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (618) 918-3848 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
local.register-news.com
Information on Los Cabos Mexican Grill in . (618) 918-3848 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (618) 918-3848 end_of_the_skype_highlighting. Address, phone number, map, driving directions, hours of operation, services, reviews and more for Los Cabos Mexican Grill.

I apologize if this was posted already. Did not see it.

Thanks Hmm. Now this widens the time JW dropped Beth off to 1.5 hours if I am getting this correctly. Wasn't her initial statement she dropped Beth off at the train depot about 4:30 pm on Sunday?

If I understand correctly, now JW is saying she dropped Beth off between 5 and 6 pm for a train that was leaving at 6pm? (or 6:08, IIRC)

Do we have any photo's of the restaurant? I imagine between 5 and 6pm on a Sunday restaurant patrons would be coming and going and some had window seats?

Ugh, this is not looking good. IMO, when one drops a person off for a train or a plane they have a better idea of the time they dropped the person off because one has to watch the time due to the departing schedule.

:( My heart is heavy for Beth. Where are you Beth? We know you want to be found, help us find you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01