Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is everyone leaning in this case? Do you believe Beth is still alive and possibly injured or being held against her will? Or do you believe she is no longer with us?

Sadly, as much as I wish I didn't I believe she is no longer with us. I think if she was, she would have made contact with someone by now.

I just pray she is found.

I don't know.. Usually my gut on cases presents itself rather quickly. However, I think this case is very quirky and will surprise us all unless it is the most obvious choice that JW and RR were involved. However, in my gut from the beginning I did not think so. I could be wrong of course..

Some people do crazy things... Like murder their own children .. go figure .. would it be so difficult to believe then someone walked away for one reason or another???

why does everyone speculate that is was a MAN that may have hurt her??

I am not convinced it was a man but I think it is some type of jealousy issue. And somewhere in this tryst a man will be involved if only at the perimeter of it.

1) He represented RL in his custody case.

2)It is not a casual relationship. Found something very disturbing that was reported to LE yesterday. More than close is an understatement.

-- Regardless, I would not be convinced this is the factor in BB disappearance, just so happens what was found was extremely disturbing and noteworthy. Just so happens this person is DIRECTLY tied to RL kids.

Cubby, I would be more than happy to explain.. can I use initials to explain this?? As this person as not be named in media but his family has. TIA!!!

go ahead and use initials. What are the media links in which someone has been named? Is it reasonably related to BB's case or a viable theory?

See what gets me thinking this is unlikely is the number of atty's RGL used through the course of his custody battle. SB was one of many. Why seek revenge or to avenge RGL's suicide 10 months after his death? Wouldn't RGL hvae done that while he was alive?

I'm an SP, and I have spent time on SP forums where some parents with similiar stories to RGL have posted. 99% of the time, it is the same story in which these people can not control their emotions and usually are responsible for their situations with not being able to make it through a custody battle. I've seen it so many times it kind of grates on me to read about it. Sorry, but after 8 years on SP forums the gripes are the same. Even with as little as I know about RGL I doubt his story is much different than the 100's I have read already. I'm sorry to sound so disinterested.....

I guess I am interested to an extent when it comes to how many attorneys RGL retained over the years and who terminated the client attorney relationship. I'd bet more fired him than he fired them......

JMHO

Is there any possibility of "drug dealing" or "running" - not saying BB in in particular but even within the company she was keeping.. something about the area has me feeling out a "meth" drug running connection.. PURE speculation . and some knowledge of the area..

Effingham, IL is generally known as a drug "hub" as the two major highways connect, large truck stop, est 14,000 est a day go through this area...also known for heavy prostitution..

Sadly - ANYTHING in this area is possible due to the heavy traffic and possible scenarios to meet foul play.

Quoting myself...BBM...

East St. Louis is a VERY rough town....and this could be totally unrelated... Will pray this is not Beth.. Body found burned ..

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=204767&catid=40

I have struggled with this as well. However, I find it strange her adult child/children are not her friends on face book. That is unless they didn't want to look at the pics of their mother.

I can think of many different reasons but for now do not want to speculate or cause undue rumors from ideas floating through my head.

My adult children are not on my facebook, it is my rule. I talk to them daily and see them often. I do not find it strange at all.

My adult children are not on my facebook, it is my rule. I talk to them daily and see them often. I do not find it strange at all.

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why it is your rule? I have my adult children on mine even though I also talk to them daily and see them often. I use it to get daily pics of my grands and I like the insight into their lives. I can better understand why they might not want their mother to have access to theirs, than the other way around, kwim? Anyway just wondering..

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why it is your rule? I have my adult children on mine even though I also talk to them daily and see them often. I use it to get daily pics of my grands and I like the insight into their lives. I can better understand why they might not want their mother to have access to theirs, than the other way around, kwim? Anyway just wondering..

My boys like to think they are hilarious, they would most likely post something embarrassing (although perhaps funny) on my wall to see what kind of reaction they would get out of me. While most people on my facebook are friends some are people I work with who may not find thier comments amusing.

The youngest is still fairly young and finding his way. I have read portions of his facebook before (big mistake!) and honestly do not need or want to know some of the things he and his friends do, I am a Mom not a friend and it would be difficult for me to keep my mouth shut.

I am not convinced it was a man but I think it is some type of jealousy issue. And somewhere in this tryst a man will be involved if only at the perimeter of it.

If BB last phone call to SB was NOT under duress of some sort, then I feel like possibly the jealousy factor could come in there, i.e. "Who were you talking to??" then maybe a "No I don't want you to go, OR you CAN'T go!" I've wondered if JW was also a cover and she didn't know who BB went to see. BB could have even placed or answered some type of ad in something like Craigslist. How many people have never returned from that type of rendezvous? I'm starting to get the feeling that JW knows what basically happened, but possibly doesn't know the complete details. JMO

I also think that maybe JW is stretched by this situation. I'm just not sure how much versus how much she is involved. I'm just hoping that LE knows a lot more than they're letting on and they're not letting her off.

BBM.. So does this mean her last known location was 415 at the ridge house? When you say verified.. do you mean the phone was verified to be at this location, or that it was verified that Beth spoke to SB from this location? Do you mean verified by LE? Does anyone know if she spoke with anyone else?

I think they still could have made it to the train station by 5.., fwiw.

It means that I have spoke dierectly with LE & AGM and was told it is a "FACT" that the 4:15 call was made from the Ridge home, for the purpose of getting the chart done as last known location.

It means that I have spoke dierectly with LE & AGM and was told it is a "FACT" that the 4:15 call was made from the Ridge home, for the purpose of getting the chart done as last known location.

Well, that is good news. Now there is an actual time and place established.

The fact is 99% of the time something is repeated the story changes, people embelish even build on it to make it suit their needs. We all learn this young in school with a games the teacher often had you play, by getting in a circle and each whispering a phrase to the next. By the time it got to the end of the circle it was completely changed! This was suppose to teach you an important lesson about repeating things...

The LE told SB try to keep business as usually! This is why JW is still working. He is simple doing what the LE told him to do.

Going to SIU has nothing to do with train schedule my son went to school not far from there, he has never set foot on a train, nor could he even tell you where to get information for a train. How many years ago was that he went to SIU???

The sister posted that JW had not retained a lawyer that she had only asked a friend that is a lawyer for advice. SB is not the only lawyer JW would know specially since she has worked in a law office.

SB is open for interviews the problem is getting the media even interested in this. At the time with all the BP oil spill going on that seems all the media interested it.

BTW I have JW cell phone number too not that I have ever called it or even cared to. My kids also have all my close girl friends cell numbers as a way to contact me if needed.

I also don't have my kids as friends on my FB either, and find nothing odd at all about that. I keep my family and personal life very separate from my public. I even preach to my friends how NUTS it is to post your life and kids on public pages. Real names, phone numbers that is crazy there are too many preditors out there and the net is a feeding frezy for it. Like I always tell people don't act like a victim, maybe you won't ever be a victim.

It is easy to sit here not emotionally connected and say he should have done this or that. But honestly, unless your have dealt personally with the loss of a "life partner" you have no clues what it is like. I have, and it is unlike any other loss you can experience, because part of yourself is lost too. It is the most horrid pain I have ever had to go through.
I am a extremely strong person, and hoestly for the first 30 days I was worthless to anyone!! I couldn't deal with the simplest of task. Much less could I have been able to take over task that my partner has always taken care of, like SB has had to do. Caring for the kids, shopping for food, cooking food, getting kids to their needed appointment, making sure they had cloths to ware daily. Paying the bills. Plus keeping the business going, seeing client, talking to LE and others. In a days time he went from doing none of these things to having to deal with everything. BB literly took care of everything for SB.

You guys all read about these cases every day you have a good idea of how things should be handled, what should be done. Can you remember back to a point when you had no idea what all was involved in dealing with a case such as this and how dumb founded you must have felt..

My worst fault is when I am faced with TOO MUCH and I am so over whelmed I don't know where to start.. I don't nothing :( not a fault I am proud to share.
Point being, not everyone deals with situations the same, specially grief, even though nothing is fact yet, you still go through a form of grief.

Paschein, I agree with your post and I am sorry for your hardship. I had a feeling you and SD21 were in contact with the family. What other facts can you provide? Knowing that Beth called from the ridge home at 4:15 as a fact is big. It establishes a starting point. Why did that take so long to come out? LE?

I don't believe she got on a train. Do you? Do you know of them meeting with anyone else while in the area? What I am going for is being able to place her somewhere else besides the ridge house after 4:15 to aid search parties. I do not believe she ran off. Please provide what you know.

We can all come up with theories as to why this happened, but the main issue is to find her. To find her we have to determine if she left the area. I am sure LE is doing what they can but there is a large amount of people willing to aid.

Thank you.

Which house is the ridge house? I am lost. Is it the one JW's bf was working on?

I try to keep my personal feelings and emotions out of a case. We all have ideas of what we would do in certain situations or unfortunately, in some situations, have had to do.

I hope the people around SB have told him that he needs to get out and contact the media. He's got to get the message out. It is fine to be "open to an interview" but interests fades and dies out the media moves on.

I hate to say it but the two oldest children need to get out there. They are 18 and 21 which means they are adults. The reason I say them is because the media will have a harder time turning down BB's kids. (Would you want to be known as the tv station/newspaper/radio station that turned down two boys looking for their mom?) I know it will be hard for them but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I read on the facebook last night that some people in the town BB went missing from didn't even know she was missing. That is painfully sad.

It seems like the only people talking about this is this internet site and a couple of others. Unless something happens this case is going cold and going fast.

Do the police have access to BB's cellphone records or were they in her name and they can't access them?

I want to know who she talked to after SB.

crystalgenie Which house is the ridge house? I am lost. Is it the one JW's bf was working on? yes
I hate to say it but the two oldest children need to get out there. They are 18 and 21 which means they are adults. The reason I say them is because the media will have a harder time turning down BB's kids. (Would you want to be known as the tv station/newspaper/radio station that turned down two boys looking for their mom?) I know it will be hard for them but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I read on the facebook last night that some people in the town BB went missing from didn't even know she was missing. That is painfully sad. YES YES YES. Upcoming events: People need to be in crowd with fliers.

June 24 Jefferson County Day at Southern Illinois Miners. Join the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce as they fill up Rend One Ball Park in Marion to celebrate Southern Illinois and enjoy our country's favorite pastime. For more information call (618) 242-5725 or visit www.southernillinois.com.

June 25 Summer Music Fest at the Band Shell at Veterans Park, 800 S. 27th Street. Hours TBA. Enjoy an evening of family music. For more information call (618) 242-6890.

http://www.mtvernon.com/newtourism/Calofev2.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member