Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things still really bug me...

I can't believe Beth would get on a train going somewhere else other than home and JW would not have an inkling about where she went. Maybe she did make an impulsive decision to leave her life without telling a soul but it seems a lot more likely to me that her very close friend and presumed confidant JW would at least have an idea where she went.

If Beth had changed her plans and was planning to go home then she would have contacted her husband to arrange for a ride from the Woodstock train station. Their house is not near the Woodstock station so you'd think she would have called him to arrange a late-night ride very soon after she made the decision to take the train home. If she did make the 4:15 call from the Ridge house then it seems extremely logical that she would have called SB back sometime during the 40+ minute drive from the Ridge house to Centralia to arrange a ride home from the station.

Two things still really bug me...

I can't believe Beth would get on a train going somewhere else other than home and JW would not have an inkling about where she went. Maybe she did make an impulsive decision to leave her life without telling a soul but it seems a lot more likely to me that her very close friend and presumed confidant JW would at least have an idea where she went.

If Beth had changed her plans and was planning to go home then she would have contacted her husband to arrange for a ride from the Woodstock train station. Their house is not near the Woodstock station so you'd think she would have called him to arrange a late-night ride very soon after she made the decision to take the train home. If she did make the 4:15 call from the Ridge house then it seems extremely logical that she would have called SB back sometime during the 40+ minute drive from the Ridge house to Centralia to arrange a ride home from the station.

Not only do I believe Beth never had plans to take the train home, I don't believe she ever planned to go back on Sunday. No where has it been stated in that last call SB received from Beth that she was planning on coming back Sunday. While the details of that 4:15 phone call have not been released, I think if Beth had told her husband she wanted to return Sunday evening she would have said so and we would have heard so.

Not only do I believe Beth never had plans to take the train home, I don't believe she ever planned to go back on Sunday. No where has it been stated in that last call SB received from Beth that she was planning on coming back Sunday. While the details of that 4:15 phone call have not been released, I think if Beth had told her husband she wanted to return Sunday evening she would have said so and we would have heard so.
Here's the video which gives his account of the call:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7477571

He says that she said she would see him soon. The reporter says that Beth told SB she would be driving back home late in the night of Sunday the 23rd or early in the morning of the 24th and that she never told him anything about a train.

Hi Sad.

I don't have working speakers. I remember that she said late Sun night or Monday but wasn't sure when she said that. Seems I assumed that would have been the plan when they left on Thursday.... and they would know later when they finished whatever work on the house.

Seems odd that by 4:15 on Sunday, it wasn't decided if they would be staying Sunday night or not. At least that is the impression I get not being able to get the sound from the video.

I would think that 4:15 call would have indicated specifically if they were leaving Sun night or staying the night. Imo, that is another strange thing in this case.

ETA: Who wouldn't know by 4:15 on a Sunday if they would be making the 5 or so hour drive back or not? That just seems very odd to me.

JMO

CAn someone tell me specifically what SB said about BB's 4:15 call on Sunday since I don't have working speakers.

IMO, if BB did not tell him whether she was coming home Sunday or Monday during that 4:15 call, it makes me wonder if she really was at RR's home in Mt. Vernon.

Seems to me, if she didn't know at 4:15 whether they were driving home Sunday night the two most logical explainations would be she wasn't with JW when she called and would need to talk to JW first to discuss concrete plans on when they would be driving back. Since she hadn't yet talked to JW about driving back, she wouldn't be able to give her DH a definite answer during that 4:15 call. Or they were partying and didn't know if anyone would be ok to drive at that moment so they would see if anyone was straightened up enough to drive later that evening or if they needed to sleep it off and drive Monday.

Either way, the lack of any definitive info outside the last call time and that Beth did not get on the train is odd. Surely LE has figured out more than those two facts.

This is a place you can go to read what was said between SB and BB as stated in interviews with SB. It is listed on the FB page under the discussion tab Media-Links to Media about Beth Bentley. Someone posted this as a link to all the news coverage. I went to some and read them myself. Hope this helps you out!

I watched the news report video & it bothers me that they say Beth was last seen at the train station, but JW is the ONLY person who say & verify that!

I watched the news report video & it bothers me that they say Beth was last seen at the train station, but JW is the ONLY person who say & verify that!

Most of the media links state they have not found concrete proof Beth boarded the train. Imo, media should update that to say there has been no concrete proof that Beth was ever in Centralia or dropped off at the train station.

It is crappy reporting imo. But those of us who are long time WS members who sleuth cases often see more misinformation, incorrect or vague information through the media it is enough to drive us batty! :banghead:

JMO

I also wanted to say that maybe when she made that last call at 4:15 to SB.......... something was already very wrong, but she just couldn't tell him. IMO.... Someone was forcing her to say what she said? I think the original plan was to come home that Sunday, but something or someone changed her mind! Then after that, that was when the train story was made up!!!!! Now a month plus later we still don''t know what has happened. It is all so sad.

This is a post from Beths Missing fb. The post is the last post on page six in the Many Questions discussion topic.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=154#topic_top

A light bulb came on to me when I read this (doesnt mean its bright). No one does anything for free. BB spent money on and helped JW. JW accepted it and was BB's alibi for "time away from being a mom and wife".

That had become the extent of their relationship. Holding each others secrets. But they didnt hang together, it was an illusion. They went together and came back together..
and each did their own thing while others thought they were together.

This article http://woodstockadvocate.blogspot.com/2010/06/bentley-wpd-press-release-inaccurate.html shows the frosty mug as her last known sighting. Maybe because LE knows she went her own way at this point? She called SB, buying more time IMO at 415.. no one knows if she was with JW. Sometime sunday evening BB stops contacting JW, she is not meeting back up to come home. By Monday she has still not heard from her.. BBs family is calling.. wth do I tell them? CALL ME BB.. where are you? JW claims she finally told LE and SB the truth. (at this point she had to) LE does not search RR home, because she was never there. She is listed as Endangered Missing.. because her family and friends say she would not just leave her kids. But initially, she did.. leave on her own.
This is all only my opinion and it could change... bottom line is still the same...

WHERE ARE YOU BETH???? Please make today the day her family and friends find out.. and please make it a happy ending.

This IMO, explains the crazy train story, why centralia is not a focal point, the rental car story and LE not searching it, why the rr home is not a concern, and why LE is not as alarmed as I would like.. she left on her own. Whether she is continuing to choose to be gone is another question. If she is far away and not checking with friends and family, it may look to her like they just know she is needing time away. There is NO national media attention on this case to tell her otherwise.

Friendly reminder.

WS does not allow copy and paste from Facebook or other blogs or forums. You can paraphrase and link to the post or comment you are refering to - but no copy and paste.

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your cooperation.

Cubby
(moderator)

This is a post from Beths Missing fb. The post is in bold by me

A light bulb came on to me when I read this (doesnt mean its bright). No one does anything for free. BB spent money on and helped JW. JW accepted it and was BB's alibi for "time away from being a mom and wife".

That had become the extent of their relationship. Holding each others secrets. But they didnt hang together, it was an illusion. They went together and came back together..

This article http://woodstockadvocate.blogspot.com/2010/06/bentley-wpd-press-release-inaccurate.html shows the frosty mug as her last known sighting. Maybe because LE knows she went her own way at this point? She called SB, buying more time IMO at 415.. no one knows if she was with JW. Sometime sunday evening BB stops contacting JW, she is not meeting back up to come home. By Monday she has still not heard from her.. BBs family is calling.. wth do I tell them? CALL ME BB.. where are you? JW claims she finally told LE and SB the truth. (at this point she had to) LE does not search RR home, because she was never there. She is listed as Endangered Missing.. because her family and friends say she would not just leave her kids. But initially, she did.. leave on her own.
This is all only my opinion and it could change... bottom line is still the same...

WHERE ARE YOU BETH???? Please make today the day her family and friends find out.. and please make it a happy ending.

This IMO, explains the crazy train story, why centralia is not a focal point, the rental car story and LE not searching it, why the rr home is not a concern, and why LE is not as alarmed as I would like.. she left on her own. Whether she is continuing to choose to be gone is another question. If she is far away and not checking with friends and family, it may look to her like they just know she is needing time away. There is NO national media attention on this case to tell her otherwise.

Absolutely good points and observations in the FB post (and yours, as well). I do want to point out though, that it doesn't necessarily take a junkie to OD. Even if one just dabbles once in a while, all it takes is a miscalculation of dosage, a bad batch, or a toxic accumulation of several drugs and alcohol to have a fatal consequence.

Of course, IMO.

Sounds reasonable.

though we have heard that last call on Sunday has been 'confirmed' as being made from the reno' house in Mt. Vernon. Do we know what the source is that this call was verified as being made from the reno' home
-or- is it just 'believed' Beth made the call from the reno home because she or JW said so? Or SB believed that is where BB was calling from?

I am having a difficult time accepting the location of the last phone call being from the reno' home because it has been stated it is not possible to ping check or triangulate Beths phone. If that is the case, how would anyone know for certain where Beth was located when she made the 4:15pm Sunday call? :waitasec:

In other words, if the phone can not be pinged or triangulated there is NO WAY to determine Beths location at 4:15pm on Sunday May 23rd.

JMO

If she is far away and not checking with friends and family, it may look to her like they just know she is needing time away. There is NO national media attention on this case to tell her otherwise.

respectfully snipped. I don't know that is is necessary for Beth to need national media to be aware of her missing persons case. As often as she was reported to be online and texting, I find it very unlikely that if she were alive and well, she would not have logged onto her FB account and be fully aware of the missing persons investigation.

Which is why I do not believe she is alive and well. IF she was, and did not want her location revealed, she could or would have called LE and said she was ok, but did not want her location revealed and LE would no longer have an open missing persons case. They would have closed it - and publically stated Beth Bentley is no longer missing, no further details are available at this time - like they do in many other missing persons cases.

JMO

OK..........What about the fact that have the information about the boat that was rented Rend Lake? Either JW had to have told that or they had to find it from her credit card. On FB it was stated as being confirmed! So they were together at that point..........maybe someone else was with them too, but we don't know who?

Where does LE not searching the house come from? Do we know that? and from where? I have never heard that before. Maybe they did search and it just hasn't been told.....yet.

IMO she had something to with it, too many bad feelings. I don't think BB left on her own. Someone would have heard from her by now.:waitasec: This is just IMO!!!

Someone on the ground who is posting on the same fb page lives close to the house and has not seen any evidence it has been searched. It has since been listed as for sale and has a sign out front. If LE believed any foul play occured there, I dont think it would be.

I think again from fb source that the Rend Lake sighting was confirmed by someone on the ground as being verified to be Beth. But IMO JW could easily pass as BB to anyone that does not know them... pics verify this for me as does "the single white female" stuff we mentioned earlier. I dont believe LE has verified this. IMO her last known sighting from LE is the Frosty Mug. Also, they could have met there and parted ways again after a day boating as well.

I think her phone call to SB was verified to be from the MT Vernon area.. not specifically the RR home.

As i said these are just my opinions, they are not facts. But IMO she left on her own. Now what happened after that? I have no clue. Could also be wishful thinking that it is her choice to be gone and she is just choosing to totally ignore what is going on at home.

I think a big problem is that things are being called verified because they have been "verified" to that person.. not by LE.

It means that I have spoke dierectly with LE & AGM and was told it is a "FACT" that the 4:15 call was made from the Ridge home, for the purpose of getting the chart done as last known location.

Last place known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member