Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But IMO she left on her own. Now what happened after that? I have no clue. Could also be wishful thinking that it is her choice to be gone and she is just choosing to totally ignore what is going on at home.

I think a big problem is that things are being called verified because they have been "verified" to that person.. not by LE.

respectfully snipped. If so, someone is gonna be in trouble. Because either way.
1)IF JW is lying to LE she will be in trouble for hampering the investigation.
2)If either SB or BB are lying...and he knows she left willingly or she is ignoring this hoping her missing persons case goes away there are costs that LE will likely seek to be recouped.

most of us would not hamper an investigation or willingly lead LE on a wild goose chase. IF BB is willingly missing, she either thinks being married to an attorney will get her out of any charges, or she hasn't considered LE will seek to recoup their costs....

JMO

ere.

JW called him Mon 24 @ 3:05 they talked for 33 min. During their convo he asked her how Greenbay was? She said oh no I was over by Madison.. then says hold on I'm lost, he ask where she is.. she is checking her GPS on the cell and tells him she is on 57! He is like why are you on 57 thats in southern ill, when your supposed to be coming home from WI. She changed the subject.[/I]

Now he met JW thru BB in the first place, odd BB never came up in the convo at all.
I know 57 is the road you head out of Mt Vernon on to go up north to chicago there is not much to get lost on so she had to be either just getting on 57 or maybe around Effingham because 70 does cross there. That is about an hour into the drive and it is 5 hours from Mt Vernon to Chicago

So this gives you a timeline for JW getting home, assuming that is where she was going. They got in a big fight the next day when he found out Beth was missing. So JW was home on the 25 so I think that is a reasonable assumption.

I hope this helps in some way

4:15 Call from Ridge House-Sunday May 23rd. Known Fact
3:05 Monday May 24th, JW Driving on 57. Not confirmed by LE
JW driving home - May 24th Unknown?
SB and BB kids calling BB and JW-May 24th. No one answers phone.

SB calls Police-Monday evening. Known FactTime unknown. After getting through on phone with JW?

IMO:
Between 4:15 May 23rd and 3:05 May 24th, BB goes missing.
Best Area to search: MT Vernon and surrounding areas.

IMO:
JW was too attentive a mother to just disappear.

Question: When did RR and NR arrive back in Woodstock?

Dear Websleuths Members,

We have a problem with this discussion. I know we can work it out so the discussion can continue without us having to pull the thread for review or having to ban people.

The only people who need to be verified are those who actually know the main people involved. If you are good friends with Beth's kindergarten teacher then you do not need to be verified. If you are best friend's with Beth's best friend's cousin, you do not need to be verified.

If you know and have contact with any of the main people in the case and you want to post about it then you need to be verified. Or if you work directly with any of them. My point is it needs to be direct social or business contact for you to be verified.

You need to be verified if you say you are related to the main people involved in the case.

The verification process is very simple. I have to know your real name and talk to you on the phone. NO ONE will have the information but me.

Let me stress that this verification process is not perfect and people can slip through but short of hiring a private detective this is the best we can do.

If someone who is verified posts something you must always understand that there is a chance, even though they have been verified, that they may not be who they say they are. It's the chance we have to take.

Please email me if you feel you want to post about your personal experience in the case and need to be verified. tgrif@xmission.com

We do not allow Gossip and that's how we differ from the other websites.

Definition of Gossip; "A person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others. "

I disagree a bit with the official definition. You can gossip just once in your life and it can have devastating effects. You don't need to be habitual.

We deal in facts and theories as long as the theories are not ridiculous or state as fact that someone is guilty of a crime when they have not been convicted. We look at the evidence and information provided to us (mostly) by the main stream media and discuss it. That is what we do.

In the Casey Anthony case her lawyer is named Jose Baez. People call him "Jose Bozo." We put a stop to it because it does nothing to advance the discussion.

In cases such as Beth's where the news is now down to a trickle it is difficult to keep the conversation going. It's time like this where posters tend to get personal and argue.

Please, as owner I really want to keep Beth's case out there, but I will pull the thread and the discussion if the rules cannot be followed.

Take a look at our Terms of Service. But I'll make it easy for you.

Don't be a jerk.
Don't call anyone a name.
Don't gossip
Be respectful
Don't drag names of innocent people out and plaster them all over the Internet.
Do post and discuss and theorize and enjoy yourselves.

If you have any questions feel free to email me or PM me.
tgrif@xmission.com

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

BBM

Reminder, for those of you posting as knowing the players in this case, please make sure to get verified by Tricia. The need for Verification includes getting 'facts' from the players in this case where they can not be verified by media.

Questions, let us know!

thanks!

Just want to state for everyone, SB professional office is not a large firm. Most likely JW, SB and BB were in the office the most. And most likely JW was there at times alone, answering phones or office duties.

I posted this so you can get better picture of the office dynamics. An office with few people has a lot different dynamics than a large law firm would have.

Hope this helps.
I should have posted this earlier in the threads:doh: May clear up some confusion as to the relationships and why some are so personal.

Hmm, I agree that BB appeared to be a very attentive mother. It's very hard for me to believe she intended to be gone this long without contacting her family.

I'd like to know how many detectives are working on the case, how many tips have they received, have they even verified that Beth went to Mt Vernon in the first place? Do we even know that for sure? It may be that Woodstock is badly in need of a new sheriff. It's beyond frustrating. A sociable woman with a family and friends has vanished and there is no word. That is just not OK.

It seems like even if there are untouchable subjects and players in this case, there needs to be an update from LE. It's fine that they are working the case and we don't get to know anything that could harm the case, but if this is true, then where are the comments on FB getting "verified?"

respectfully snipped. If so, someone is gonna be in trouble. Because either way.
1)IF JW is lying to LE she will be in trouble for hampering the investigation.
2)If either SB or BB are lying...and he knows she left willingly or she is ignoring this hoping her missing persons case goes away there are costs that LE will likely seek to be recouped.

most of us would not hamper an investigation or willingly lead LE on a wild goose chase. IF BB is willingly missing, she either thinks being married to an attorney will get her out of any charges, or she hasn't considered LE will seek to recoup their costs....

JMO

I think its pretty clear JW was lying about the train. But she said she has since "told LE and SB EVERYTHING".

I dont think anyone knows she left willingly. I think that is the question. I think it is LEs responsibilty to investigate it to find out. No, I dont think if she left willingly that she is concerned about a missing persons report. I think she intends to come back and all will be forgiven. But remember.. I hope this is true too and its only my opinion.

I have been following this since I came across it on FB by accident. I live in the St. Louis metro area and didn't hear anything about this in our news..but I could have missed it if it was a small article...but I would think a "missing endangered person" would get more headline! Look at Stacy Peterson and Lacy Peterson..etc..IMO, I think that she was with this group the entire time..and something terrible transpired over going back to Woodstock, money, or sadly drugs. If JW told SB and LE everything, whose to say that is not just another lie to cover up for herself and RR. If my bf took off with someone else and I was the cover but my bf failed to show back up to leave or I could not get ahold of her I would have called LE MYSELF..I sure as heck would NOT have left her there! If she did OD why didn't they call for help..some friend...at least call in anonymously and tell LE where they can find her so the family can have some closure! I would hope that JW if she is involved, which I believe she is would step up to the plate and do her best friend justice!

Someone had raised the issue if there was phone reception in the area of the RR house..........There is, in fact there is a tower no more than half a mile down the road. My son, his family and I drove there last night. I had been there 2 and a half weeks ago ....alone! We actually got out and walked the property, since it is for sale. The feelings there are CREEPY..........I guess knowing the story and thinking of the what if's! It sits alone with no direct neighbors. There is acreage with it as well, 5 to be exact. Most of it is a bluff and a creek, just beyond the back yard. The house has had work done too it. Not long ago it was in terrible condition. We couldn't go inside of course, but looking through the windows there has been a lot of work done to it. I have bad feelings about this place, JMO.

Someone had raised the issue if there was phone reception in the area of the RR house..........There is, in fact there is a tower no more than half a mile down the road. My son, his family and I drove there last night. I had been there 2 and a half weeks ago ....alone! We actually got out and walked the property, since it is for sale. The feelings there are CREEPY..........I guess knowing the story and thinking of the what if's! It sits alone with no direct neighbors. There is acreage with it as well, 5 to be exact. Most of it is a bluff and a creek, just beyond the back yard. The house has had work done too it. Not long ago it was in terrible condition. We couldn't go inside of course, but looking through the windows there has been a lot of work done to it. I have bad feelings about this place, JMO.

Did you notice if there was any new concrete poured around the house? It would also be interesting to see if the basement has had any concrete work done there as well. If the basement is finished it might be hard to tell if there is flooring installed over a recently poured area of concrete.

With 5 acres there sounds like a lot of places for a grave site. JMO

Very interesting Snowzbunny, When you looked into the windows, did you notice any furniture or beds there? Could you see into the basement bedrooms? Peek in any garbage cans? Are there curtains hanging in the windows?

IMHO, my first reaction to this case was that Beth died there, and that JW and RR moved her body away in his van, from what you describe, it sounds like a pretty private area.

Thank you for the info.

I was looking in the windows which you can see through and seen a couch and TV and some misc furniture items. There is a walk out basement with rooms and what appears to be new flooring installed. I didn't see any new concrete work, not to say there isn't! There is an old shed.....total empty. Out back there is a nice deck area that leads up to the kitchen. Through the patio doors you could see new counter tops and new appliances and flooring. Also out at the back edge of the yard there is some type of pump house that has motors running. Also the septic tank. My son removed the lid .....with much fear on my part.......nothing. There is nothing obvious, except the bad feelings!!!! Another spooky thing is straight east of the house across the bluffs and creeks probably not far from where this property ends there is a large pond. Maybe belongs to the next property owners? It is not listed as being with the house that is for sale. Just beyond that is a cemetery. From Miller Lake Road which is where the house is, to the cemetery (through the woods) is probably not more than half to three quarters of a mile! It is all woods if you were to leave off the ? property without using the next road east. It is very isolated to say the least. I agree with the comment made that they may have done something to Beth at that house. I have always had that feeling and the feelings there ( at that property) are ones of fear. It just makes me shiver to stop there and see the place. If you have any more ? I will try to answer them as I do live very close to this area and was raised here. All of this is JMO.

I think something possibly went down at that house as well.

I was looking in the windows which you can see through and seen a couch and TV and some misc furniture items. There is a walk out basement with rooms and what appears to be new flooring installed. I didn't see any new concrete work, not to say there isn't! There is an old shed.....total empty. Out back there is a nice deck area that leads up to the kitchen. Through the patio doors you could see new counter tops and new appliances and flooring. Also out at the back edge of the yard there is some type of pump house that has motors running. Also the septic tank. My son removed the lid .....with much fear on my part.......nothing. There is nothing obvious, except the bad feelings!!!! Another spooky thing is straight east of the house across the bluffs and creeks probably not far from where this property ends there is a large pond. Maybe belongs to the next property owners? It is not listed as being with the house that is for sale. Just beyond that is a cemetery. From Miller Lake Road which is where the house is, to the cemetery (through the woods) is probably not more than half to three quarters of a mile! It is all woods if you were to leave off the ? property without using the next road east. It is very isolated to say the least. I agree with the comment made that they may have done something to Beth at that house. I have always had that feeling and the feelings there ( at that property) are ones of fear. It just makes me shiver to stop there and see the place. If you have any more ? I will try to answer them as I do live very close to this area and was raised here. All of this is JMO.

Snowz, this is more interesting, if RR is as big a druggie as some rumor he is, how the heck did he do such a nice job fixing up this place?

Is it true there is a riding stable a few doors down? I wonder if they know about Beth? Perhaps riders could be on the look out for Beth.

Thanks Snowz!

Snowz, this is more interesting, if RR is as big a druggie as some rumor he is, how the heck did he do such a nice job fixing up this place?

Is it true there is a riding stable a few doors down? I wonder if they know about Beth? Perhaps riders could be on the look out for Beth.

Thanks Snowz!

I am not sure how good the work is..........I didn't go inside! If you looked at close it might not be that great? The outside needs some work. It is not falling down by no means but I'm not sure how good it really is! I know from the real estate info it is $126,000.00. I may go back on there and look a little closer at the listing for this. Not long ago it was in bad shape. A lot cars around there, yard not mowed and junk piled around. Guess that was before they decided to sell it. Not sure how long it has been for sale either. My understanding was, that the family once lived there and then moved to Woodstock but still owned it. I don't know if RR then lived for awhile or if it was rented?

Yes there is a riding club just across the road and west of this house. Someone had mentioned it on FB and said they posted missing posters in this area. Actually I don't recall seeing any last night, of course I wasn't really thinking of that at the time.

I am not sure how good the work is..........I didn't go inside! If you looked at close it might not be that great? The outside needs some work. It is not falling down by no means but I'm not sure how good it really is! I know from the real estate info it is $126,000.00. I may go back on there and look a little closer at the listing for this. Not long ago it was in bad shape. A lot cars around there, yard not mowed and junk piled around. Guess that was before they decided to sell it. Not sure how long it has been for sale either. My understanding was, that the family once lived there and then moved to Woodstock but still owned it. I don't know if RR then lived for awhile or if it was rented?

Yes there is a riding club just across the road and west of this house. Someone had mentioned it on FB and said they posted missing posters in this area. Actually I don't recall seeing any last night, of course I wasn't really thinking of that at the time.

When I first saw the realtors link on facebook about a week ago, the realtors listing said "days on market 5". IMO The pics of the kitchen looked a bit cheesy to me, like rec-room panneling stapled to the bottom cabinets facing the open area. The way you describe the former (pre for sale) look of the home is sometimes a red-flag for problems inside, since you know the area, is that a common way to maintain a house? Are lots of homes in disrepair?

If I remember correctly, RR's sister posted that the family lived in Woodstock, then moved to Mt.V , had some problems with the house, so they moved back to Woodstock.

Sounds reasonable.

though we have heard that last call on Sunday has been 'confirmed' as being made from the reno' house in Mt. Vernon. Do we know what the source is that this call was verified as being made from the reno' home
-or- is it just 'believed' Beth made the call from the reno home because she or JW said so? Or SB believed that is where BB was calling from?

I am having a difficult time accepting the location of the last phone call being from the reno' home because it has been stated it is not possible to ping check or triangulate Beths phone. If that is the case, how would anyone know for certain where Beth was located when she made the 4:15pm Sunday call? :waitasec:

In other words, if the phone can not be pinged or triangulated there is NO WAY to determine Beths location at 4:15pm on Sunday May 23rd.

JMO

Cubby I could be mistaken here.. but I believe when AGM wrote the FAQ
As to not being able to locate, ping, triangulate Beth's iPhone it is more in reference to after she was missing.. note it says her phone can't be FOUND.
This suggest presently, not past tense IMO

"Beth's iPhone CAN NOT be found, triangulated, pinged, period..."

This may seem like an odd question but was there a pale green bedroom that you saw? or pale green room.. almost like 'seafoam green" but not bright??

I thought it was rather odd the ad showed no rooms other than the kitchen?? leads me to believe the rest is not so well finished? Almost all ads show at least a bedroom.

Honestly, IMO JW & RR would be crazy to have put her anywhere on that property, it would lead the case right back to them and discount their "train story" totally. But then again none of their story makes any sense..

This may seem like an odd question but was there a pale green bedroom that you saw? or pale green room.. almost like 'seafoam green" but not bright??

I thought it was rather odd the ad showed no rooms other than the kitchen?? leads me to believe the rest is not so well finished? Almost all ads show at least a bedroom.

Honestly, IMO JW & RR would be crazy to have put her anywhere on that property, it would lead the case right back to them and discount their "train story" totally. But then again none of their story makes any sense..

No pics of the 3 bathrooms either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member