Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder: Folks, we have had problems with this thread in the past. Tricia made it very clear there would be no gossip. Gossip includes being nitpicky about the choice of clothing worn by Beth and her peer group. I know members are frustrated with the lack of news in this case, but let's stay on topic - the topic being finding Beth - and not getting off topic about what clothes people choose to wear to night clubs etc.

I would like to see this thread stay open and on topic.
Let's get back to finding Beth and keeping the rumor and gossip - which you guys have been warned about - out of it please.

If you are unsure if something is ok to post, please ask a moderator or take a look at our TOS ( terms of service).

Thank you
Cubby
(moderator)

Reminder: Folks, we have had problems with this thread in the past. Tricia made it very clear there would be no gossip. Gossip includes being nitpicky about the choice of clothing worn by Beth and her peer group. I know members are frustrated with the lack of news in this case, but let's stay on topic - the topic being finding Beth - and not getting off topic about what clothes people choose to wear to night clubs etc.

I would like to see this thread stay open and on topic.
Let's get back to finding Beth and keeping the rumor and gossip - which you guys have been warned about - out of it please.

If you are unsure if something is ok to post, please ask a moderator or take a look at our TOS ( terms of service).

Thank you
Cubby
(moderator)

I am sorry Cubby. I just feel so bad for Beth and get frustrated sometimes. I wish we could see or hear of just a little more action. :innocent:

I know in my head that we are not the only one who cares about Beth, I am sure her children most assuredly do, but it sometimes feels like we are the only ones.

Like I said... Sorry Cubby...:innocent:

You've all heard this; hopefully, only on TV. If you aren't a suspect and start volunteering too much information, what happens when the police change their minds and then name you as a suspect? :woohoo:

You'll wish you had kept your mouth shut. :croc:

So maybe it's better to keep your mouth shut in the first place.

This case will be solved by good, solid police work. Put yourself in the shoes of the people connected to this case. Think. What would you do? And then go find her.

You've all heard this; hopefully, only on TV. If you aren't a suspect and start volunteering too much information, what happens when the police change their minds and then name you as a suspect? :woohoo:

You'll wish you had kept your mouth shut. :croc:

So maybe it's better to keep your mouth shut in the first place.

This case will be solved by good, solid police work. Put yourself in the shoes of the people connected to this case. Think. What would you do? And then go find her.

bbm...

I would tell everything I know about that weekend, regardless of who or what it would hurt. I would give them full access to my cell phone and internet records, and a play by play, step by step reenactment of the entire weekend... I would do whatever it takes to find my "best friend" not spread rumors and gossip about a woman who was supposedly like a sister to me.... But that's just me...

bbm...

I would tell everything I know about that weekend, regardless of who or what it would hurt. I would give them full access to my cell phone and internet records, and a play by play, step by step reenactment of the entire weekend... I would do whatever it takes to find my "best friend" not spread rumors and gossip about a woman who was supposedly like a sister to me.... But that's just me...

True. In all reality we don't know as fact JW has not done this since initial news media came out. Pure speculation but perhaps she has and was asked not to make that information public because it could harm or hamper the investigation. It is possible LE has strong possibilities on leads in this case but wants those actually involved to believe all eyes are on JW and RR.

No news from LE or the media doesn't equal nothing is happening behind the scenes.

JMO

Yes, the 'other guy' has spoke with the LE.. think SD asked that.

Warrants are not as easy as TV makes them out to be, Beth is a missing case not criminal, no foul play as of yet uuugh
But can anyone tell me what has to happen to bring foul play in to the case?? What does it take. To me the fact they have ruled out a lot of possibilities and they are searching that lake area.. wouldn't that be enough for them to say they suspect foul play?

Snowz I totally agree with you. Most the points you made are why I believe that is a cover story.

While it is true smart thing to do is get an attorney and take his advice, which is offer nothing usually lol. In this case when a friend was missing I would be inclined to offer my cell and poloygraph, if for no other reason so they wouldn't waste time speculating about my story.. and find my friend! At the same time clear myself of anything as well.

Cubby I agree just because they make no comments doesn't mean they have no comments, maybe they are giving JW & RR false security too and enough rope..
Maybe there were other people at the house that weekend we haven't been told about as well!

so manny questions.. it just bothers me how long they can do this, I am afraid they are killing the case :( why didn't they just give us the blessing and let TES and other group come in and help us do a civilian search?? Heaven knows there are plenty other area to search besides Miller Lake :banghead:

I don't know any of these folks and didn't read what the BFF posted on FB before she locked it down.... is the theory that Beth ran off with someone else based on those comments or do we know anything about the conversations she had all weekend with her family or is there some other reason to think that she wanted out of her marriage/situation?
I too would like to know what sort of evidence it takes to move a case from endangered missing person to suspected foul play. Anyone know?

I don't know any of these folks and didn't read what the BFF posted on FB before she locked it down.... is the theory that Beth ran off with someone else based on those comments or do we know anything about the conversations she had all weekend with her family or is there some other reason to think that she wanted out of her marriage/situation?
I too would like to know what sort of evidence it takes to move a case from endangered missing person to suspected foul play. Anyone know?

To suspect foul play I believe LE would need someone to come forward and say they seen Beth being abducted or have information supporting the fact.

If LE found a personal item of Beth's (purse, cell phone, clothing, ect.) somewhere it should NOT be like in a ditch, along a river bank, in the woods or any forensic evidence such as blood, finger nails, ect. in RR's house, yard or van, the rental car, Beth's own house or anywhere related to JW or any of the player in the case that would also be enough to consider foul play. If LE or anyone received a message from Beth that she was being held against her will would also be enough to suspect foul play.

If JW has told LE and SB "everything" and if "everything" contradicts the June 9th press release of the Woodstock P.D., why hasn't the P.D. issued a more recent press release?

What is the deal with this other guy that JW was talking too before her trip down south with BB and then on her way home on Monday the 24th? Why would she say she was going to Wisconsin when in fact she knew they were coming to Mt.Vernon? That has to mean something. Then she didn't even mention BB to him in the conversation on Monday. They said he was very angery with her when he finally heard that Beth was missing.

Then there was the story about being lost and I need to look at my GPS? How lost can you be going straight up a highway.

Didn't RR go back that same day (MONDAY) too? Couldn't she just follow him if she didn't know the way?

Also it was mentioned that she didn't like to drive, so why would you agree to drive this rental car all the back home, ALONE?

Why would BB need to take the train home on Sunday evening if RR was returning the following day? Why couldn't JW just ride with him back home MONDAY and BB go ahead and drive the rental car back SUNDAY? So many why's!!! IMO

in my opinion this is all called "creating an alibi" for herself and rr... there was no need that is reasonable to call up some uninvolved third-party and start telling lies about where you have been or why or how you got there. also all the while fibbing about who was/wasnt with you and the supposed plans of other people(the break-up story and rr coming to get his stuff, which if was really true would have put rr in woodstock on the fateful week-end, no?) and as always this is just my opinion :) im only suggesting that she was lying because if these conversations are true - then she would clearly have known the difference between going to wisconsin and actually going to mt.vernon.... but who knows - maybe this never happened, idk...
i have spent all day reading these threads and am REALLY confused with just about all of it... really hope le has this one and they find bb soon.

eta: but also this "mystery guy" found out on monday that bb was missing - so apparently jw had figured this out in advance and tried to cover her "you know what" but since the guy got really pizzed then he must not have believed jw anyway in regard to the "oh golly, somehow i wound up on 57 after leaving WISCONSIN... gawd! how many hours would jw have had to have driven to get to 57 from WISCONSIN - without "realizing" that she was lost?? i live in illinois too...and i at least know that the distance between wisconsin and mt.vernon is basically the entire length of illinois... right? now, maybe im misunderstood that entire paraphrased conversation OR jw thinks shes really good at fooling people.... please someone tell me that i just misunderstood... :/

For weeks there has been curiosity about why JW didn't rent the car in Woodstock. It's because she didn't have a valid driver's license. Car rental places are fussy about little things like that.

JW got a ticket near Woodstock on June 23 for driving without a driver's license. Her California D/L had expired last November.

For weeks there has been curiosity about why JW didn't rent the car in Woodstock. It's because she didn't have a valid driver's license. Car rental places are fussy about little things like that.

JW got a ticket near Woodstock on June 23 for driving without a driver's license. Her California D/L had expired last November.

Wow ok, so JW did NOT have a valid DL, so why on earth would BB rent a car in her name & credit card, then allow someone with NO DL drive it back. If something had happened to that car, wouldn't that have left BB responsible for any damages to it?? I sure wouldn't let someone take it back for me with no liscense!

Recently here, a young man was involved in an accident without realizing it to until the next day, he went to the LE & told them it had to have been him that caused the lady to go off the road, by admitting that it was him & he was driving on a suspended liscense, he got into big trouble. So you would think if JW had no valid DL & told the LE she drove that car back, she would be admitting to driving without a DL.:waitasec:

So she drove all the way from MTV, back to Woodstock on the 24th with a expired license? Not too smart. Guess she had to get that car back some way and it was not going to be by BB!!!

So knowing that you have no license, you are not going to agree to drive the car back for BB so she can take the train or run off with some man. You are going to ride home with BB or RR. Since she knew BB wasn't going back, she was forced to do the driving. IMO

bbm

This just added another piece to the puzzle. Beth didn't go to catch a train and she didn't leave a car she had rented, for someone else to drive without a license.

BB was too smart to ALLOW that to happen. She would know all the issues it could create if something had happened to that car!!! It would be a big risk to take and really draw attention to herself. NO way she is too smart for that. IMO

I think people that practice risky behavior in other areas would do this. Its the risk that is part of the rush. But there are virtually no facts to go on in this case. No reports in the media that I have seen recently of LE or family involvement. I cant even find out if any of her valuables were missing, like her jewelry... etc. IDK its frustrating that it just seems more about a fundraiser now than finding her. No searches, etc. I honestly dont know what to think. Its very sad and frustrating.

Edited to remove opinions stated as facts.

sorry

I think people that practice risky behavior in other areas would do this. Its the risk that is part of the rush. But there are virtually no facts to go on in this case. No LE involvement, no family involvement. I cant even find out if any of her valuables were missing, like her jewelry... etc. IDK its frustrating that it just seems more about a fundraiser now than finding her. No searches, etc. I honestly dont know what to think. Its very sad and frustrating.

Do you have a link to back up the statement there is no LE involvement and NO family involvement? Because we as civilians are not privy to the case file and every detail of every step SB is making. That not being shared with the public does not, imo, equal no involvement. If you are going to make a statement such as NO LE or family involvement, it needs to be backed up with a link supporting the fact.

TIA

Cubby

How many times has any of us loaned a car to a friend and asked if the friend has a driver's license? I think that most just assume that, if a person we know well asks to borrow our car, we just fork over the keys.

Maybe no longer... Remember, you don't need a driver's license to drive a car. What you need, is a car.

This thing is almost like working a jigsaw puzzle that doesn't have a picture on either side. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member