Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How big or deep is the lake? Is this the same lake that the boat was supposedly rented on? If it is a "member's only" lake then it is doubtful that there are boat rentals. The LE may have been out there for many reasons. One reason may have been following up on a tip.

I hope that we all find out something soon but this is another odd case with too many questions and no answers. I sincerely hope the LE is building a case but I do not feel hopeful.

If we are dealing with drug use/dealing this may be a situation like the Haleigh Cummings case. That case has a lot of shady people who were the last to see the missing and still even though they are sitting in jail we still have no answers and LE doesn't either.

JMO.

Totally different lake, Miller Lake is a small lake out in the country, the lake mentioned that they went to was Rend Lake, a HUGE lake 16 miles south of Mt.Vernon.

The only part that really bugs me with this JW story, is the story has changed more than once. Also they wouldn't have to go to the town 30 miles away she could have just check the schedule on her iPhone

First story.. she dropped BB at the station about 30 min before the train which we know the train leaves at 6:08PM..

Then about two weeks later it is reported as between 5-6 at the 'train station'
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=7477571

Then a week later it is she dropped her between 5-6 "across at Los Cabos and drove off with Beth still standing on sidewalk she didn't see which way Beth walked."

Lastly now it is reported..
"Beth is reported to have been taken to Centralia by BF and dropped across the street at Los Cabos and I'm giving a window of between 5-7 which is larger than first reported."
http://www.facebook.com/?page=1&sk=messages&tid=1512539458302#!/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=169

I don't live in the area, but people that live in Centrailia report that where JW says she dropped BB off it is one way roads and she would have to know the town pretty well to get on this road in front of Los Cabos coming from the direction of Mt Vernon. If you look at the pictures from the train station you can see Los Cabos across the way. That Sunday was graduation and it was dinner time and the whole front of Los Cabos is all glass picture windows with tables in front (4 picture windows) Yet nobody in Centrailia saw BB, the staff have been shown a picture of Beth too nobody working there even saw her. Another thing that bothers me is JW got lost headed home on 57, which is just a straight shot up 57 to home how do you get lost on a straight shot? If she gets lost this easily how is it she is going to easily find her way to this one way road in front of Los Cabos that you have to take more than one road going thru town coming from the direction of Mt Vernon to get to that spot.
I am sure someone here from Centrailia could explain this part better than me.
(picture of Los Cabos from train station below you can see the painted picture windows across where Beth was to have been dropped off)
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=227&post=3730&uid=122739057758360#!/photo.php?pid=30759005&op=3&o=global&view=global&subj=122739057758360&id=1091082387

IMO.. the changing story is because when you tell a story, as the LE investigate hole appear in the story so you have to adjust your story. When Amtrak reported Beth was not on that train, the story was then she dropped her off not sure where she went.
So if the Centrailia story is changing over and over, you can't help but feel the story is a cover for what really happen. Why Centrailia? Makes me think "sight of hand" a magician term for when you want to make something disappear you draw attention to the other hand which is in the opposite direction, so while everyone is looking at the left hand your making it disappear in the right hand..

Why has the window of time now changed 5-7?? Key words here "larger than first reported" so the story change again. Maybe they forgot about something? This was dinner time, could it be the investigate found that something was done for dinner time that proved Beth was still in Mt Vernon at 6PM?? They would have had to order something since they were just visiting and this house was not stocked with food since nobody actually lives there. If they ordered something maybe this showed on Beth's CC??
Anytime a story keeps changing there is disception involved, no best friend is going to drop her friend in a strange town without knowing exactlly what she is doing and who she is meeting, women tell each other these things this was a 30 min ride you don't think they aren't going to talk about what the plans were that evening. IF Beth was going to meet someone in Centrailia, why the need to change the story more than once why not just tell LE this in the first place and take yourself completely out of the picture.
You make a good point why not just park the rental some place and hide Beth if in fact it was an OD.. only thing is JW needed the rental to drive back home. Oh she could have just rode back with RR since he came back to Woodstock too.. but then Beth could have just taken the rental in the first place to meet said mystery man then too. No train was ever needed to get home.

Just like the WPD LE first stated there is "no rhythm or reason to the bf story"

The LE are not releasing information and this is very frustrating. But I have to believe this is because there is a reason they are not ready to show their cards so to speak.
Oh course this is JMO

Yes, it is sooooo puzzling... I had read the FB posts prior to my post (and actually check on them daily) I didn't give as much weight to the FB posts as I did the 'regular' media stories (which there are very few) only because there seems to be A LOT of contention on the FB site. It's very difficult to sort fact from fiction on the FB site (but overall MOST people seem to be very supportive). I hesitated to include it in my post because the 'new' (5-7) time change hadn't been posted in a news article or by LE (that I've seen... maybe there is one that I missed?)

Also, IMO if JW did drop Beth off at the train station, then JW DID know who Beth was meeting and 'covered' for Beth until it became apparent that Beth was actually 'missing'... then JW would have had to come out with the 'truth' to SB and LE (a possible explanation for the changing story).

Again, this is all my opinion... I do appreciate your thoughtful and informative post! Thank you! :)

I wish that LE would at least state whether they think Beth was REALLY in Centralia, or never made it out of Mt. Vernon. I do realize this is part of their investigation and they don't want to tip their hand... but... So many people want to help and search and FIND Beth that it would be nice if they knew a general area to focus their efforts (instead of having to worry about this huge 30 mile area- not to mention the lakes.)

Praying for Beth's safe return home to her loving family!

Hmmm. Is it possible LE has not put out any more media releases because they know they are not looking for a live Beth? LE wouldn't ask the public to be on the look out for someone they believe is likely deceased.

It is possible, imo, LE hasn't said anything because they are building a case to make an arrest. They won't show their cards until they do so. I hope that it is sooner than later......

jmo

That is sooo sad :( I hadn't thought of it that way.... I hope it's not true! But your logic makes sense and I can see why LE wouldn't post media releases if they didn't think she was alive...

I wish that LE would at least state whether they think Beth was REALLY in Centralia, or never made it out of Mt. Vernon. I do realize this is part of their investigation and they don't want to tip their hand... but... So many people want to help and search and FIND Beth that it would be nice if they knew a general area to focus their efforts (instead of having to worry about this huge 30 mile area- not to mention the lakes.)

Praying for Beth's safe return home to her loving family!

well my thoughts are if they are searching Miller Lake then that kind of tells ya what they think :) I take it your from the area.. it will still be a rough search I have been mappin places for a few weeks now.. so much water alone, then the woods :(

BTW anything posted on FB by AGM comes straight from the Jeff one of two detectives in charge of Beth's case .. as you see in media and their consistant errors, I'll bank on any FACT that she post lol

Why hasn't there been more focus on the rental car? Such as, how miles was it driven before being returned? When was it returned? Did LE get a chance to go over it?

It's 660 miles roundtrip between Woodstock and Mt. Vernon.
Throw in some driving-around miles, maybe to Rend Lake and 1-2 trips to Centralia.
When was the rental car driven back to Woodstock? Investigate when/where fuel for it was purchased.
Do the miles add up to the right total?

The Woodstock-area newspapers report next to nothing. The police have almost nothing to say. Is this a Missing Person case or is it more?

The good folks "down south" are carrying the load on this one.

well my thoughts are if they are searching Miller Lake then that kind of tells ya what they think :) I take it your from the area.. it will still be a rough search I have been mappin places for a few weeks now.. so much water alone, then the woods :(

BTW anything posted on FB by AGM comes straight from the Jeff one of two detectives in charge of Beth's case .. as you see in media and their consistant errors, I'll bank on any FACT that she post lol

Thank you for the info on AGM! That is wonderfully helpful!

I'm from IL, but stationed in NM (I'm retired military, hubby's active duty military)... we'll be moving to Southern IL next year, but Beth will be found alive and well by then, so I'll be too late to help with any search (hoping and praying).

This case really touches my heart on so many levels... not only being from IL, but I've done 'weekends away' with good friends several times (exploring historical locations throughout the Southwest)... It's absolutely horrifying that Beth set off on what should have been a nice break and is now the subject of a missing person investigation. My heart cries for her and her family.

Thank you again for all your helpful info!

Why hasn't there been more focus on the rental car? Such as, how miles was it driven before being returned? When was it returned? Did LE get a chance to go over it?

Throw in some driving-around miles, maybe to Rend Lake and 1-2 trips to Centralia.
When was the rental car driven back to Woodstock? Investigate when/where fuel for it was purchased.

The Woodstock-area newspapers report next to nothing. The police have almost nothing to say. Is this a Missing Person case or is it more?

Good idea on the rental, it would be interesting to hear the answers... also, did LE do anything with JWs phone pings (like they've done in recently missing person's cases) Where do her phone pings register from that timeframe?

It's a shame about the Woodstock area newspapers... I would hope they'd be all over Beth's case, the more people that know, the more tips that can be generated...

Good idea on the rental, it would be interesting to hear the answers... also, did LE do anything with JWs phone pings (like they've done in recently missing person's cases) Where do her phone pings register from that timeframe?

It's a shame about the Woodstock area newspapers... I would hope they'd be all over Beth's case, the more people that know, the more tips that can be generated...
BBM

I can't figure this out at all, but the way it's handled, it seems like they don't want the tips. There are possible reasons this might be happening. I can think of reasons, but none seem to make sense in writing or seem to be in the best interest of finding an endangered MP.

It is off the main road, but there is a road that you take which takes you all the way around the lake. You are not always right at the waters edge but close at certain places. The lake is just a short distance north and a little west of the RR house. I don't know about the family having a membership or their friends. There are a lot of people that go there without a membership, there is not a lot of control as far as keeping people away. It is not gated or locked, anyone can get to the water if you want. There are homes on some of the waters edge, but not all the way around the entire lake. They do not patrol it!

The JCSD has had a lot of financial problems and had at one time cut patrol down to two deputies for the entire county. There may be times there are more, but as a general rule. I really doubt that the JCSD was there looking for trepassers! Hope this helps.

I spoked incorrectly that you can drive ALL the way around the lake.....let me explain. If you drive north on Miller Lake Road you can drive to the north end of the lake and across part of the north tip. As you are driving north you are on the east side of the lake, the lake is to your left. There is no roads that go down around the west side of the lake. The lower half of the lake you can't even see as you are driving, it is on thru the trees a short distance. The upper part you can see from the road, but there are homes built along the water edge, so that would be private property. It is owned by the City of Mt.Vernon. I just wanted to make this correction so I don't mislead anyone.
Also someone had about the size of this lake. I checked and it states that is 142 acres.
Jaycee Lake is similar in size. It is south of Miller Lake a very short distance.

Actually the rental car was one of the first things the LE checked.. but they will not release if they got any info from a GPS or Lojack :( Mileage and such the LE are not releasing :(

JW was driving back we know at 3:05 on monday 24, but only know she was on 57 at that time. Since you drive that road all the way back hard to say for sure what time she got to Woodstock.

They have changed her case to Missing Endangered :( other than that they are not releasing much at all.

I have asked all along what does it take to step a case up to foul play???

But the fact that they are searching Miller Lake area say a lot even if it is on the hush hush..

Very frustrating I know :banghead:

I asked LE about this offically JW is not named as a POI they would need a warrant for JW's phone ping, I was told it is not as easy as you would think to get this, to my knowledge this has not been done, or the standard they are not releasing...

I wish they had a "I feel like a broken record" icon :banghead:

Couldn't JW volunteer this ping info to help the case?

Couldn't JW volunteer this ping info to help the case?

You would think she would volunteer that and anything else that she could, just to help this case move along and clear her own name! JMO

If I were the friend in question, and I had nothing to hide, I would let them check my phone etc all they wanted.

But I would have never left a friend on the side of the street to "catch a train"in the 1st place. I would have stayed & made sure they got on it safely. Sorry IMO the train story is a bogus distraction.

The "friend" supposedly didn't go back home until the afternoon of the 24th, wouldn't she have checked early that morning to make sure BB had gotten home safely??????????

Side note - what of this OTHER man JW supposedly called & texted saying she was in WI that whole weekend visiting a sick relative??? Has LE contacted him as well????

If I were the friend in question, and I had nothing to hide, I would let them check my phone etc all they wanted.

But I would have never left a friend on the side of the street to "catch a train"in the 1st place. I would have stayed & made sure they got on it safely. Sorry IMO the train story is a bogus distraction.

The "friend" supposedly didn't go back home until the afternoon of the 24th, wouldn't she have checked early that morning to make sure BB had gotten home safely??????????

Side note - what of this OTHER man JW supposedly called & texted saying she was in WI that whole weekend visiting a sick relative??? Has LE contacted him as well????

Unfortunately I think the answer to most of your questions is that these were two women who were having affairs/flings on the side behind the back of the significant/unsignificant other.

I believe that is why there was alot of stories told and people were not where they said they were.

We don't know if the LE hasn't already checked JW's cellphone pings. At least I haven't read that anywhere.:innocent:

Do we know for a fact that JW works for SB? I have a theory I can't post on here due to TOS if she does work for him.:crazy:

Any activity from the Beth's family yet?

MOO.

Unfortunately I think the answer to most of your questions is that these were two women who were having affairs/flings on the side behind the back of the significant/unsignificant other.

I believe that is why there was alot of stories told and people were not where they said they were.

We don't know if the LE hasn't already checked JW's cellphone pings. At least I haven't read that anywhere.:innocent:

Do we know for a fact that JW works for SB? I have a theory I can't post on here due to TOS if she does work for him.:crazy:

Any activity from the Beth's family yet?

MOO.

It was stated somewhere that JW WAS working at the office!!! And it was also told that someone heard she would be at the fund raising event. That is according to FB, if it hasn't been deleted.

It was also stated that her phone had NOT been checked by LE. It was stated they would need a search warrant to do that.

It was stated somewhere that JW WAS working at the office!!!

It was also stated that her phone had NOT been checked by LE. It was stated they would need a search warrant to do that.

1) Yes, JW works for SB.

2) Well , if she is coming into the office.....I know what I would do about the "phone issue".....there are ways.. ....I will say no more except: Technology is a useful tool...

Maybe I should apply for a job there..:eek:nline::sleuth:

If JW was the last person to see BB (supposedly) then why is it so hard to get a warrant to check JW's phone records??? You would think if she claims she has done NOTHING wrong, she would willing let them be checked!

What is the deal with this other guy that JW was talking too before her trip down south with BB and then on her way home on Monday the 24th? Why would she say she was going to Wisconsin when in fact she knew they were coming to Mt.Vernon? That has to mean something. Then she didn't even mention BB to him in the conversation on Monday. They said he was very angery with her when he finally heard that Beth was missing.

Then there was the story about being lost and I need to look at my GPS? How lost can you be going straight up a highway.

Didn't RR go back that same day (MONDAY) too? Couldn't she just follow him if she didn't know the way?

Also it was mentioned that she didn't like to drive, so why would you agree to drive this rental car all the back home, ALONE?

Why would BB need to take the train home on Sunday evening if RR was returning the following day? Why couldn't JW just ride with him back home MONDAY and BB go ahead and drive the rental car back SUNDAY? So many why's!!! IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member