Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you specify what about Tricia's message is not so clear to you? why someone who met the missing person a handful of times and apparently is in the same close circle of friends as the missing person even though he or she didn't know Beth as well as some of his or her friends would be outside the requirement to be verified?

I just want to make sure whatever is unclear is made clear if necessary.

TIA

Cubby, I realize your message was intended for someone else but, I want to clarify something for the record. In no way, shape or form am I friends with any of Beth's friends except for ONE friend. I do not know, nor have I ever met, Beth's circle of friends other than the ONE friend that I know and Beth knows. This is important to know, because as I previously stated, my friend has known the Bentley family for a long time and although MY friend HAS met some of Beth's other friends, she preferred not to hang out with them for reasons I will not mention. It may not seem important for me to mention all this but it is important to me. Thank you.

It's a bit difficult to follow and fragmented (IMO), but JW is claiming that BB talked to and met some guys from, "that place ???" on Saturday.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360&v=wall&story_fbid=133869799978619

JW's answers and comments are very cryptic imo. She never gives a straight answer. She didn't even acknowledge the question about Rend Lake. Why is she always using question marks and not a period at the end of her sentences?

If she really want to help herself, she would sit down and write a clear and concise statement of the events which occured that weekend. Her posts at FB are clearly the opposite of doing that. She would voluntarily request a polygraph..... She would request the media be there to witness a poly and have the results made public and do anything she could to clear any suspicion regarding her involvement in Beths disappearance.

IMO, JW is talking in circles further discrediting herself and her stories.

JMO

She was asked, what guys, what place, but she logged off.

Cubby, I realize your message was intended for someone else but, I want to clarify something for the record. In no way, shape or form am I friends with any of Beth's friends except for ONE friend. I do not know, nor have I ever met, Beth's circle of friends other than the ONE friend that I know and Beth knows. This is important to know, because as I previously stated, my friend has known the Bentley family for a long time and although MY friend HAS met some of Beth's other friends, she preferred not to hang out with them for reasons I will not mention. It may not seem important for me to mention all this but it is important to me. Thank you.

Thank you for your clarification.

And if I can further clarify for those unclear about being verified. Having met the person who is missing, and posting information from a direct mutual friend of the missing person falls within the rhelm of needing to be verified.

These are statements being made which can not be supported with a link, so we need a way to seperate those who really do know Beth or anyone close to Beth, and those who may wish to impose themself into a situation and claim they are someone they are not. (Sadly, people like to do that and it has been a problem at WS in the past). By no means is verification fool proof, but it is the best we can do to ensure the integrity of what is posted here as well as protect the integrity of our WS members.

Hopefully that helps clarify some of the confusion surrounding verification.

Cubby

JW's answers and comments are very cryptic imo. She never gives a straight answer. She didn't even acknowledge the question about Rend Lake. Why is she always using question marks and not a period at the end of her sentences?

If she really want to help herself, she would sit down and write a clear and concise statement of the events which occured that weekend. Her posts at FB are clearly the opposite of doing that. She would voluntarily request a polygraph..... She would request the media be there to witness a poly and have the results made public and do anything she could to clear any suspicion regarding her involvement in Beths disappearance.

IMO, JW is talking in circles further discrediting herself and her stories.

JMO

I agree she never answers a straight question with a straight answer. She also likes to turn things so she is the victim when it is a question she doesn't have a answer for (<mod edit/paraphrase: I didn't ask those questions and got no names. I wish I did. I'm kicking myself for not doing so) http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360&v=wall&story_fbid=133869799978619

I have a hard time with the idea that they drove for 30 min to Centrailia and JW never thought to ask any questions about who she was meeting. Or how she was getting back to the house for them to leave later that night or in the morning? Since BB did call SB and tell him they would be driving back later that night.
I would not drop off a stranger much less my best friend without asking her when she planned to be back, what time we were leaving in the morning. There is no way I wouldn't even think to ask who she was meeting?

Sorry but she just ruined any credibility with that statement IMO, now if she had said, I asked her but she didn't want to tell me who, and told me not to worry, I could sallow that easier than, I didn't think to ask.

Two things women alway do, they talk and ask questions, just look at the ratio of women to men here LOL :angel:

I agree Paschein. IMO JW's words almost sound like a vain attempt to extract herself. I still have the gut feeling the train and time given by JW is farthest from the truth. My gut tells me she would try to come up with a story as far as possible from the actual time line. In otherwords if something happened Monday, or Sunday night, JW would back track and create a last time she saw Beth earlier than the actual time.

She also reminds me of someone who used to post on a parenting site and every time she was called on her BS or out of line actions she would first back track or try to defend her position. When facts were presented to put her in her place she suddenly and routinely had a crisis in her life. It was so predictable those who noticed it knew ahead of time within days this person would have a crisis in her life.

I see that JW has an ill child. I am not saying that is not true and I hope if it is true her child is ok, but it got me wondering how many crisis has JW had in her life since Beth went missing.

JMO

hello everybody - im still reading along :) but wont rant out this time :blushing:
but it seems to me that whenever the people on fb start to ask pointed questions to jw she will "sort of" answer and then bring up the sick child and how she has to go take care of this very very sick child. sort of like the message in that is "see, im a good person, good people take care of their sick children, this is proof that im a good person" "good people dont commit murder or tell lies" and gives in her mind the authority to disregard what ever q's that she does not want to answer or answer in full by switching her priorities from helping find beth to tending to her child(which im not suggesting that she shouldnt do, i believe that if she wanted she could tend to her child AND answer questions fully if she WANTED TO). i have noticed a few instances of jw responding to those asking pointed questions with a response of "im a good person" and/or "you dont even know ME" .... to me, i find this troubling for her to be only focusing on her being a good person...why does she she seem to be hung up on that over proving that she is a good person and help find her friend - sincerely help find her friend - not this other thing she is doing sort of half hartedly.... omho...:) it really reminds me of casey anthony in way. just in her responses about how she "didnt ask questions" and now "its something I have to live with everyday" and of course there is the whole "zanny the nanny" type theory... even if bb is alive and really doesnt want to be found, i believe that her family has a right to know where she is whether she be live or not alive.... so many holes all over this thing from top to bottom and from side to side!

ETA: any of us that have been around long enough to read many other threads here know that good people can and do sometimes do bad things - and on the flip side of that occasionally "bad" people will do some good things... so, for her considering what is going on right now to be focusing so closely on what others perceive her to be is to me odd or possibly an indicator of guilt. guilt of what i dont know - maybe that she just knows more than she is saying and le or her lawyer may have told her not to talk or she may really be up to her eyeballs in this disappearance of beth. could she still be covering for beth? sure. is it likely? in my opinion, NO. i suspect that no matter what the situation may be, she has absolutely NO IDEA how to handle it. in my opinion if she had an atty. he would be telling her to stay off the internet reading or posting. but, that is not what she is doing, so i think she is prolly going to trip herself up and things will become much clearer in regard to her involvement or possible lack of involvement....i think that fb discussion page is going to get really interesting :) moo and all that. thanx for reading....

JMO.

Another thing that stinks about JW. She was quick to throw Beth under the bus without a thought to their friendship or her being employeed by this BFF's husband.

IF the "Beth left to meet some guy' story was true why wouldn't JW toss everything she knew about this other guy under the bus too?

IMO - She has not because she is concerned about not telling too many lies which will eventually catch up with her. Even if JW did not have this alleged boy friend of Beths name she would have knowlege of how frequently Beth and the 'boy toy' communicated over the weekend.

JW's FB comments along the lines of: we ate at home, popped in a movie and it was a quiet night is too non specific. Why not we ate X for dinner which we picked up at X grocery store to stock the fridge while where were working on the house. Someone would have a receipt for paid groceries.. JW would have something to substantiate her story. We purchased groceries here. We filled up for gas here.

Having driven from the Chicago area to the St Louis area and filling up first in a 2002 Taurus, I was down to an 16th of a tank of gas upon arrival. I HAD to fill up or put gas in the car upon arrival even to just make local drives around town and not worry about running out of gas.

It would be logical JW could come up with simple answers like where and when they stopped for gas and food. What grocery items they stocked up on to have at the reno house. Yet she has not even offered up such simple things. ANYTHING to substantiate truth to her story.

JMO

JMO.

Another thing that stinks about JW. She was quick to throw Beth under the bus without a thought to their friendship or her being employeed by this BFF's husband.

IF the "Beth left to meet some guy' story was true why wouldn't JW toss everything she knew about this other guy under the bus too?

IMO - She has not because she is concerned about not telling too many lies which will eventually catch up with her. Even if JW did not have this alleged boy friend of Beths name she would have knowlege of how frequently Beth and the 'boy toy' communicated over the weekend.

JW's FB comments along the lines of: we ate at home, popped in a movie and it was a quiet night is too non specific. Why not we ate X for dinner which we picked up at X grocery store to stock the fridge while where were working on the house. Someone would have a receipt for paid groceries.. JW would have something to substantiate her story. We purchased groceries here. We filled up for gas here.

Having driven from the Chicago area to the St Louis area and filling up first in a 2002 Taurus, I was down to an 16th of a tank of gas upon arrival. I HAD to fill up or put gas in the car upon arrival even to just make local drives around town and not worry about running out of gas.

It would be logical JW could come up with simple answers like where and when they stopped for gas and food. What grocery items they stocked up on to have at the reno house. Yet she has not even offered up such simple things. ANYTHING to substantiate truth to her story.

JMO

i absolutely agree....absolutely :) gotta go to work - so i hope you guys will have this all solved when i get home, k? :)

I completely agree, can JW be any more vague?!

JW's sister, LW, now just threatened another poster for questioning JW, by saying JW knows how to, "take care of u.."

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360&v=wall&story_fbid=133869799978619

IMHO, the way these two flap their lips, the truth will eventually come out.

I think that is what everyone is waiting for . One of them will slip up and say the wrong thing at some point. It is just a matter of time. IMO

Another thought. Was JW this vague when questioned by LE? My assumption is no, because that would be too suspicious. If she did tell them all the details, why would she not give those details to people on FB who are actively looking for BB??

My gut opinion is that JW is making this up as she goes along.

MOO.

I completely agree, can JW be any more vague?!

JW's sister, LW, now just threatened another poster for questioning JW, by saying JW knows how to, "take care of u.."

IMHO, the way these two flap their lips, the truth will eventually come out.

IMO LW was saying that JW knows how to take care of her little girl.

On a side note they all need to go back to school to brush up on their writing skills. JMO.

Another thought. Was JW this vague when questioned by LE? My assumption is no, because that would be too suspicious. If she did tell them all the details, why would she not give those details to people on FB who are actively looking for BB??

My gut opinion is that JW is making this up as she goes along.

MOO.

She does seem to be making it up as she goes. Way back on FB she made a couple of small comments and said "That's all I know". Now she just all of a suddened remembered the things she told yesterday? Sounds like selective memory to me. She just can't be quiet! She wants so bad to tell things but is still being careful...at least a little!! When you cover lies with lies you will eventually slip up. You have to keep your lies straight!!! JMO

You just don't drop your best friend off near a train station to meet some guy you don't know in a rental care that your friend rented (if that is the car they used) and not ask questions and have some sort of plan on when your going to meet back up, unless Beth told JW that she was not coming back. Even if Beth had said she was running away and never returning I would think that JW would have pleaded with Beth to stay and remind her of her children.

Are we to believe that JW just decided to drive back to Woodstock without a care in the world about her friend not being with her and told no one about Beth being missing? Women like to talk (sorry no offense) and I find it highly unlikely that JW would not have called at least one of her and Beth's mutual friends and said "Guess what Beth did" if JW knew that Beth was running away. If Beth didn't tell JW that she was running away and there was not a planned time to meet, I also find it unlikely that JW would have not contacted someone (SB, LE) and said I can't find my best friend before driving back to Woodstock in a rental car.

JW's story has way to many holes in it to be credible. First it was drop her off to catch the train, now it is dropped her off to meet some guy and didn't even ask any questions. In the post JW made on her fb page about the drugs and boyfriends is now starting to come to light. I'm now wondering how the drugs will fit in or is JW fabricating her story to fit what she has already posted and trying to back pedal her way out of a 6X8?

I still think everything that JW has told LE and posted is just a cover for what ever happen to Beth.

Of course this is all JMO.

You just don't drop your best friend off near a train station to meet some guy you don't know in a rental care that your friend rented (if that is the car they used) and not ask questions and have some sort of plan on when your going to meet back up, unless Beth told JW that she was not coming back. Even if Beth had said she was running away and never returning I would think that JW would have pleaded with Beth to stay and remind her of her children.

Are we to believe that JW just decided to drive back to Woodstock without a care in the world about her friend not being with her and told no one about Beth being missing? Women like to talk (sorry no offense) and I find it highly unlikely that JW would not have called at least one of her and Beth's mutual friends and said "Guess what Beth did" if JW knew that Beth was running away. If Beth didn't tell JW that she was running away and there was not a planned time to meet, I also find it unlikely that JW would have not contacted someone (SB, LE) and said I can't find my best friend before driving back to Woodstock in a rental car.

JW's story has way to many holes in it to be credible. First it was drop her off to catch the train, now it is dropped her off to meet some guy and didn't even ask any questions. In the post JW made on her fb page about the drugs and boyfriends is now starting to come to light. I'm now wondering how the drugs will fit in or is JW fabricating her story to fit what she has already posted and trying to back pedal her way out of a 6X8?

I still think everything that JW has told LE and posted is just a cover for what ever happen to Beth.

Of course this is all JMO.

Very well put Joe Friday! I think it is just a matter of time until she buries herself in all the lies. None of it ever made since and still doesn't......time will tell all. Maybe the burden of what has happened is wearing her down? It would be a lot to carry all alone. Maybe that is why she is talking a little more? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove