Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think that Beth's FB page has now turned into a "woe is me..." JW page?

Everyone saying how sorry they are for her sick child, how she should "keep her head up..." imo.. that page should strictly be about Beth and not JW... I get that maybe they're trying to make her feel comfortable to keep her posting there... but she's not helping Beth at all.

I know that none of my BFF's (I have 3, we've all been like sisters since 1st grade, and nothing will ever change that...) would ever dream of disappearing *voluntarily* without a trace and not let me know they are ok once they get to where they're going... regardless of what they're up to.

And as a side note, JW's sister jumping all over people asking JW questions about the weekend is definitely going to cause people to not want to help... imo.. LW needs to keep her mouth shut and stay out of it. She's has nothing to do with any of it...

I wonder what the "official" version of the story is that JW told LE?

We originally know she must of told LE that Beth was catching the train. Then she changed her story to dropping Beth off across the street when no one could place Beth on the train. Now we find out from JW "she asked me to take her to the train station and drop her off across the street from it - someone was going to pick her up ?" and Beth must not have been planning on taking the train at all. So why did JW tell the story about the train in the first place???????

I would think that this changing up the story would make JW a POI even though LE has not officially announced that she is and they are just sitting back watching, reading and listening to what JW will say next waiting to catch her in her own lies. Hopefully these latest posts contradict what JW has "officially" told LE s this far and they will call her in for more questioning. I think this case is going to get real interesting in the near future.

We know that LE has monitored Beth's phone for activity, does that also mean that they have access to past calls and text messages? If so I would think Beth would have been in contact with this "someone" she was meeting and it was not be through USPS. If it is true that Beth ran away LE would have verified through this "someone" if they have phone records that Beth actually left on her own, or they might be able to consider foul play if "someone's" story didn't check out. LE might not have a warrant to look at Beth's computers for past Email's to "someone" but SB could have this done privately if he wanted.

This meeting up with "someone" would explain some of the lack of press releases by LE and the family involvement in searching and pleading for Beth's return. But if this story was true and JW had told it to LE when she first changed her story to dropping Beth off across the street from the train station and the family was told about this. Don't you think the family would have put a stop to a fund raiser for Beth before it has progressed to this stage? Allowing a fund raiser to be held for someone that you suspect has run away with "someone" (their lover) is a little bizarre to say the least in my eyes and makes me believe that JW's recent posts about meeting "someone" holds no weight and cannot be considered credible.

Of course this is all JMO.

It could be to make her feel more liked and gain her trust? It was working yesterday at least a little. IMO

I agree with much of what you said Joe Friday. As for the phones..........If BB wanted to disappear, she would not take her phone with her. That could explain the no activity on it. But would you not purchase another one, to at the least call best friend JW on? Can they LE check JW's phone or monitor her calls? Maybe you have to get a search warrant for that as well.....I don't know? Maybe she JW bought another one as well, maybe in someone elses name? I don't know if they could track that or not. Just a thought since everyone is convinced that IF (and that is a big IF IMO) she BB is still alive that she and JW would have to be in contact some way, some how with one another! This is all JMO

actually i think that there are more people in bb's circle of friends that could probably help a lot in describing bb's frame of mind in the time leading up to the "weekend"... and i believe that sb has to know something about all of this that would help to make sense out bb being missing (not that he knows what happened - i would think he should know what was going on with bb in the days leading up to the "weekend"). most hopefully all of these people have been speaking with le and they will figure it out....

Anyone else think that Beth's FB page has now turned into a "woe is me..." JW page?

Everyone saying how sorry they are for her sick child, how she should "keep her head up..." imo.. that page should strictly be about Beth and not JW... I get that maybe they're trying to make her feel comfortable to keep her posting there... but she's not helping Beth at all.

I know that none of my BFF's (I have 3, we've all been like sisters since 1st grade, and nothing will ever change that...) would ever dream of disappearing *voluntarily* without a trace and not let me know they are ok once they get to where they're going... regardless of what they're up to.

And as a side note, JW's sister jumping all over people asking JW questions about the weekend is definitely going to cause people to not want to help... imo.. LW needs to keep her mouth shut and stay out of it. She's has nothing to do with any of it...

yes, i very much agree with you. its almost like she is jealous of all the attention that is being given to bb OR maybe she is trying to force everyone to treat her as tho they are not suspicious of her. and jw's sister jumping on anyone and everyone each time an INTELLIGENT question is asked is very telling in my opinion. and your right, she isnt helping beth at all. i think she just wants all the attention for all the wrong reasons... any your also right that the page should only be about BETH. and if jw doesnt want to be sincere in her attempt in answering questions or providing TRUTHFUL information then the only purpose i can see of her participating are self-serving ones. i really hope LE is monitoring the fb page and making notes...lol. this case may take a long time if they dont find her body soon or make contact with a live beth soon. it is my opinion that she is most likely not with us any longer. and its sad to think that this "friend" could probably end the suffering of the family instantly, and for whatever reasons just chooses not to. i think the thing that i find most irritating about the fb banter is the responses from jw & lw of either "YOU DONT KNOW ME" & " IM A GOOD PERSON".... they use these statements in response to VALID questions instead of attempting to answer the question... and also treat the person asking the question in a very rude way as if the questioner offended them in some way. basically that is defensive behavior...but why? i know that they think that people are suspicious of them, actually her (jw) but if jw would just behave in a sincere manner, even if she didnt or couldnt entirely answer a question, i think some of the suspiciousness would subside...

eta : in regard to jw's repetitive statement "YOU DONT KNOW ME". that is true. BUT there is something called "statement analysis" that is practiced by le , fbi , psychiatric dr's etc. that have studied many many many situations like this and know what are common statements in a situation like this. also the body language experts know how people hold themselves and their facial expressions in a situation like this. so, my tip to jw is this : if you either know more than you are saying and think you are going to get away with something - you wont. and all of these investigators DONT need to know YOU.

ETA: whats more is that from many of the posts that i have read here the posters (myself included) cans see clearly that jw is being evasive. and no i dont know her either :)

I agree with much of what you said Joe Friday. As for the phones..........If BB wanted to disappear, she would not take her phone with her. That could explain the no activity on it. But would you not purchase another one, to at the least call best friend JW on? Can they LE check JW's phone or monitor her calls? Maybe you have to get a search warrant for that as well.....I don't know? Maybe she JW bought another one as well, maybe in someone elses name? I don't know if they could track that or not. Just a thought since everyone is convinced that IF (and that is a big IF IMO) she BB is still alive that she and JW would have to be in contact some way, some how with one another! This is all JMO

Snowzbunny
LE cannot check JW's phone. My best friend is a detective (NOT involved in this case) and he states that without probable cause (evidence, a body, a witness to a crime etc) they cannot check JW's phone, they cannot make her take a lie detector test, they cannot do anything other than question her, and they have, she's been called in tons of times.

IN MY OPINION - Nobody knows what happened, and JW's story certainly has tons of holes in it but still, she may be innocent, she may be guilty. We do not know YET. IF there was a crime, and they caused harm to Beth, or Beth overdosed and they hid her body, they may very well get away with the perfect crime. Think about it? JW's story is she dropped Beth off on the street, to meet someone, who was going to pick Beth up. Ok, now....down the road, if they find Beth's body, what if they can't find JW's DNA on Beth's body? What if there is no evidence to tie JW to Beth's death? Because JW said she dropped Beth off, then - that is going to leave an open to say that ANYBODY could have killed Beth. I am so afraid that is what's going to happen.

IN MY OPINION, I do believe that JW and BB were thick as thieves. Best friends with lots of secrets between them. Although I do believe that JW would cover for BB when she ran off to see her boyfriends, I do not believe that is why BB is missing today. I believe that JW was the last one to see BB and knows exactly where she is. I agree with others on here that JW makes up her story as she goes along. I believe the LE have probably received tons of phone calls, from people that know BB and JW, and they are probably getting so much info that the LE believes that BB could have taken off on her own, but I think they also believe that JW is lying, and because their hands are tied and they cannot check JW's phone or make her take a polygraph, they are just waiting for her to hang herself by tripping up her story. Maybe I'm thinking too much again...

I'm pretty sure from the beginning JW said that there was more to the story, and that she told BB's hubby and LE everything. JW stated that she didn't publicly tell all of the details because it would embarass the family. I am not saying that she isn't making things up as she goes, but if you search back to the first thread, JW did always say there was more to the story that could potentially be embarassing for BB's hubby and children.

With them being BFF would BB leave her friend to constantly defend herself, if she had just walked away?

I'm pretty sure from the beginning JW said that there was more to the story, and that she told BB's hubby and LE everything. JW stated that she didn't publicly tell all of the details because it would embarass the family. I am not saying that she isn't making things up as she goes, but if you search back to the first thread, JW did always say there was more to the story that could potentially be embarassing for BB's hubby and children.

Embarrassing or not, if the information will help locate Beth I don't fully understand why it would be withheld. I think it's pretty much common knowledge now that (at least through rampant rumors) that BB had extramarital affairs and lived a 'wild' lifestyle. I could be mistaken, but it seems most of these rumors were originally started by JW so I'm not sure what else she could say that's embarrassing.
I think all anyone wants at this point is a straight answer.

JMO.

Actually, I think LW meant the child here. Her posts reveal a disconnect between thought and language.

I disagree. She was clearly speaking to another FB member. I wonder if the implied threat was how her sister took care of Beth too?

Not very bright to have the family of the last person to see Beth alive making threats online. I wonder if JW told LW more than she told anyone else. Even though LW is on the other side of the country they are sisters. I wonder how close they are and if they are close enough for JW to have told LW the truth.

JMO

I disagree. She was clearly speaking to another FB member. I wonder if the implied threat was how her sister took care of Beth too?

Not very bright to have the family of the last person to see Beth alive making threats online. I wonder if JW told LW more than she told anyone else. Even though LW is on the other side of the country they are sisters. I wonder how close they are and if they are close enough for JW to have told LW the truth.

JMO

It is definitely a threat. She is talking to another poster.

(Para) Your actions are suspicious. Watch what you write. My sister knows how to take care of you little girl. Keep opinions to yourself.

16 hours ago by LW

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360&v=wall&story_fbid=133869799978619

Yes, that post does read as threatening. Also, I was by no means saying JW is being straight, just that "BB was meeting another man" is probably the great revelation JW promised early on. The one that supposedly proved JW's innocence.

You just don't drop your best friend off near a train station to meet some guy you don't know in a rental care that your friend rented (if that is the car they used) and not ask questions and have some sort of plan on when your going to meet back up, unless Beth told JW that she was not coming back. Even if Beth had said she was running away and never returning I would think that JW would have pleaded with Beth to stay and remind her of her children.

BBM and respectfully snipped by me.

Exactly! IF Beth was going to willingly leave, and had said so to JW - what would JW's likely reaction be? Not on my time! Not with me being the last person to see you, and certainly not with the income to support herself and her children dependent on her employment with BB's husband. IMO, she would have put herself and her childrens welfare FIRST and told Beth if you want to leave you do it from your own home on your time.

Are we to believe that JW just decided to drive back to Woodstock without a care in the world about her friend not being with her and told no one about Beth being missing? Women like to talk (sorry no offense) and I find it highly unlikely that JW would not have called at least one of her and Beth's mutual friends and said "Guess what Beth did" if JW knew that Beth was running away. If Beth didn't tell JW that she was running away and there was not a planned time to meet, I also find it unlikely that JW would have not contacted someone (SB, LE) and said I can't find my best friend before driving back to Woodstock in a rental car.

Yep, exactly! JW would have been frantic trying to find her friend BEFORE leaving Mt. Vernon. She would have been frantic and made a slew of phone calls to friends saying: I can't find Beth. She went to meet someone last night and didn't show at our meeting spot where I was to pick her up, what should I do? She would have been asking her friends if Beth mentioned this guy, his name, anything to help find Beth- because JW didn't ask. The friends she called trying to find Beth would have spoken up to defend JW stating they were contacted by JW trying to find Beth prior to JW making the return trip back up to Woodstock., yet there is NO indication JW called anyone to inquire about Beths were abouts. In fact, we don't know of ANY calls JW made that Monday outside of the one alleged phone call to the male friend stating she was in WI and we were told JW would not take any calls from BB's family ALL DAY monday. In reality, if Beth really went missing without JW's involvement, JW would have been SO frantic she would have called the police from Mt. Vernon and been told she is not next of kin so they could not take a missing persons report from her and would have advised JW to have SB call Mt. Vernon LE to report Beth missing or advised SB on how and where to file the report. JW never called LE or any hospitals or even mentioned that she LOOKED for Beth prior to returning to Woodstock. Not one little peep.

That is a whole lot of time, from 4:15 or so Sunday until JW finally spoke with SB's family (was that Tuesday sometime?) to plan a story on why Beth didn't return with her.

Too many holes in JW's story is right. :furious:

JMO

It is definitely a threat. She is talking to another poster.

(Para) Your actions are suspicious. Watch what you write. My sister knows how to take care of you little girl. Keep opinions to yourself.

16 hours ago by LW

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360&v=wall&story_fbid=133869799978619

I think she typed "u little girl" meaning "her little girl." A survey of her posts reveals a boatload of similar substitutions. She's a bad writer, but surely not foolish enough to make such a threat. JMO, until/unless she clarifies.

I do remember this being said at FB by JW. However, whatever that embarassing info is, imo, is not related to that weekend, only some of Beths prior choices with her lifestyle.

JW making that statement had one purpose and one purpose only and it was a vain attempt to point eyes in another direction OFF of JW.

JMO

I think she typed "u little girl" meaning "her little girl." A survey of her posts reveals a boatload of similar substitutions. She's a bad writer, but surely not foolish enough to make such a threat. JMO, until/unless she clarifies.

You are correct wordfella. Another FB poster responded to LW's comment and the context of that reply makes it clear they were discussing JW's little girl, and not a threat to the FB poster as it originally appeared.

JMO

Friendly reminder.

WS does not allow direct copy and paste from posts at social networking sites.
Please paraphrase what was stated and add a link.

Thank you.

Cubby

You are correct wordfella. Another FB poster responded to LW's comment and the context of that reply makes it clear they were discussing JW's little girl, and not a threat to the FB poster as it originally appeared.

JMO

Okay I just read the follow up post. I am glad it wasn't a threat.
Goodness this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member