Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is good with photo shop or something similiar? I have some pictures I think may be relative to the case, but I need to find a way to blur out minor childrens pictures and I do not know how to do that.

Can someone help? If so, please let me know.

TIA

Not sure this is applicable to Beths case or not, but......

In IL it is law that one moving to this state get an Illinois Drivers license within 90 days of moving to IL. An out of state or out of country DL is only valid in IL for 90's days. JW has clearly been in IL far longer than 90 days so why did she never get an IL DL or ID if she is allegedly still using a California DL?

I will be working in/moving to Illinois. How do I obtain a driver's license?
Drivers moving to Illinois may use their valid driver's license from their home state or country for 90 days. You may obtain an Illinois driver's license or identification card only if you are becoming a legal resident of Illinois. If you have a valid driver's license from another state or country, you may use it to drive in Illinois throughout your stay (if you do not plan to become a permanent resident of this state). Illinois does not recognize the international driver's license.

Link:
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/drivers/drivers_license/dlfaq.html

Who is good with photo shop or something similiar? I have some pictures I think may be relative to the case, but I need to find a way to blur out minor childrens pictures and I do not know how to do that.

Can someone help? If so, please let me know.

TIA
I have a little bit of experience with that, if it's not too detailed. I would at least try for you.

Not sure this is applicable to Beths case or not, but......

In IL it is law that one moving to this state get an Illinois Drivers license within 90 days of moving to IL. An out of state or out of country DL is only valid in IL for 90's days. JW has clearly been in IL far longer than 90 days so why did she never get an IL DL or ID if she is allegedly still using a California DL?

I will be working in/moving to Illinois. How do I obtain a driver's license?
Drivers moving to Illinois may use their valid driver's license from their home state or country for 90 days. You may obtain an Illinois driver's license or identification card only if you are becoming a legal resident of Illinois. If you have a valid driver's license from another state or country, you may use it to drive in Illinois throughout your stay (if you do not plan to become a permanent resident of this state). Illinois does not recognize the international driver's license.

Link:
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/drivers/drivers_license/dlfaq.html

She may have gotten in trouble for still having the out of state drivers license.

What I am curious about is why did BB move JW to IL. and then basically support her? That is above and beyond even bffs if even SB didn't know that BB had given JW a car in her name... If she did that then no wonder she would have let JW drive a rental car without a license...

I have a little bit of experience with that, if it's not too detailed. I would at least try for you.

Ok. Since you don't have pm's yet I will send it via email tomorrow sometime. Too tired to do it now.

I know a number of you following BB's case are awaiting verification. I am hoping to have some info on the delay within a day or two. Please be patient. I know Tricia is sometimes busy and not able to address them immediately.

In the mean time I would like to slowly and cautiously present some of the theories we are going to be able to discuss more liberally ( but within TOS for lack of a better word upon verification).

I think it is probably pretty clear that BB had relationships outside her marriage. If so, that brings an entire new direction this case can go. For now I am going to assume SB was unaware of this prior to Beths disappearance. I think, in one of his earlier media quotes, this is what he meant by "IF she did anything wrong we will get through it" or something along those lines.
(Link to SB's statement here:
http://more.stltoday.com/stltoday/n...1e565cd5753806138625773b007fd643?OpenDocument )

IF this is true, than IMO, we have two possiblities that could be related to this case. Someone Beth knew wanted revenge for the infidelity - not as likely imo, or Beth met someone she did not know well, who was too rough with her or expected more than Beth was interested in. We can work with this theory if we can tie it into the trip to Southern IL.

more to follow

If Beth was meeting with someone, why southern IL and why Sunday?
It seems more logical to me that if she had met someone there either 1)they were from Northern IL and were with them for much of the weekend or 2)Beth met someone downstate. But how would she have met this person? A chance meeting or being introduced to someone in RR's circle of friends or acquaintances?

I still keep going back to JW. At minimum JW would have an idea at which times this person and Beth were talking......

And JW does not appear interested in helping to locate Beth. :banghead: :banghead:

Conflicting early media reports.

this following snipped starts with "According to family friend Angela Montgomery"

The 41-year-old mother of three was expected to be back at her home Sunday, May 23, called her husband to report her friend wanted to stay an extra day, and the couple made arrangements for Bentley to get on a late afternoon train in Centralia, arrive in St. Louis at about 10 p.m.,

http://register-news.com/local/x1174317299/Search-continues-for-missing-woman

By using the words 'the couple' the above sounds like SB and BB made arrangements for Beth to take the train. A couple refers to a relationship, why not say the friends made arrangements...... ?

yet in the following article SB is quoted as saying BB never mentioned anything about a train.

“She said she'd be home late Sunday night or early Monday morning,” Scott Bentley said. “But, she never said anything about taking a train.”

http://more.stltoday.com/stltoday/n...1e565cd5753806138625773b007fd643?OpenDocument

Poor reporting or conflicting information from both sides? :banghead:

there are the only two public records that i could find and i dont see any suspended lic. i see supervision that was terminated on 6/4/10 ... if she was suspended it should show somewhere, what county did this allegedly happen? i have been suspended once many years ago and they way this looks as if she had her lic. fully reinstated without any restrictions on 6/4/10 in woodstock....

http://www.co.mchenry.il.us/departments/circuitclerk/Pages/index.aspx

go to case search and then search by party name -- there are a bunch of results but only two for the person we are looking for and they have a hyphenated last name ... you dont have to enter that full hyphenated last name just firs last...

there are the only two public records that i could find and i dont see any suspended lic. i see supervision that was terminated on 6/4/10 ... if she was suspended it should show somewhere, what county did this allegedly happen? i have been suspended once many years ago and they way this looks as if she had her lic. fully reinstated without any restrictions on 6/4/10 in woodstock....

go to case search and then search by party name -- there are a bunch of results but only two for the person we are looking for and they have a hyphenated last name ... you dont have to enter that full hyphenated last name just firs last...

I was not thinking along the lines of a suspended or revoked DL but rather an expired DL based on a possible non transfer from Cali to IL.

In IL to have a suspended one needs three moving violations on record in a year.

I don't think IL actively pursues people who have established residency in IL and whether or not they run out of state DL's to see if they have been transfered. I did not look close enough to see if the tickets were issued to an out of state license or even if the state from where the DL was issued is public info. It may or may not be.

hth

ok, im gonna throw out some observations i have made by reading the interactions between the "friends" on the fb wall & hearing some info from our local posters here... again JMHO :)

right off the top its obvious to see that jw and the rest behave very differently in their TONE. and while i understand that jw may just be feeling defensive because she was with bb when she was last seen. but, her tone is not just defensive it is also imo at times bordering on insubordinate, kind of "in your face" in a negative way. that bothers me. the others tho we have seen countless pics of them in bars all over the place, they dont sound rough and in your face ready to fight. they sound like normal people that are worried about finding their friend and while they may suspect that jw may know more than she is telling - they are not attacking her - at least not openly on fb that i have seen. it seems that they are encouraging jw to keep posting in hopes of gaining more info.

in regards to why the "friends" wouldnt speak up about not trusting/liking jw in the past may be that bb wouldnt hear it. it has been said that bb has known jw for 15 years and then when jw moved closer to bb, bb helped her get on her feet with by providing her a job, car, and place to live. if this is true then i think that bb and jw were VERY close. and then bb introduced jw into her circle of friends in woodstock. and these friends tried their best to accept jw merely because they really liked and cared about bb's feelings. they were doing what good friends try to do for their friends. i dont think that is suspicious. but if bb was always looking out for and protecting and providing for jw - it may mean that jw never had to hear the truth about what the other friends felt/thought about her...leaving her to run roughshod over the other friends. so, tho jw was bb's friend it also sounds like jw was also a "project" for bb. there could be lots of reasons for this good and bad alike...its really hard to say. so, the possibilities that i see are:

1. beth ran off with someone else (i dont believe this)

2. beth overdosed ( i dont think i believe this either)

3. there was a fight and beth didnt win ( this is where im at right now)

4. jw & rr were leading bb to think some other person was black-mailing her and they were just trying to "help" bb. and then say....bb figured it out. (possible)
(#3 could have been a result of #4)

5. there is a different relationship between sb & jw than has been revealed to this point. ( dont have any reason to believe this either)

im still trying to decide why the train station story was given. is it because it just hadnt been thought out very well and then she had to alter it to account for bb not being seen around station or on train and why she had the rented vehicle in her possesion? or is it because jw had actually been in that area at that time period and is giving a reason for "pings" that she thinks are going to show up there? just like the conversation jw to mystery guy where she had told him prior to the trip that the trip was going to be to wisconsin - then she calls him and he asked "how was wisconsin" and she says it was in a different part than originally stated and when reading her gps she tells him on 57 mt.vernon. obviously there are lies all over these conversations - and if they are true- they are premeditated...and that worries me more than anything else that i have heard about this case. (mystery guy conversation paraphrase is some threads back - i will look for them today and bring them over) :)

eta: cubby you are the kind of friend that i would want :) the kind that would speak up!

06-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Paschein

I have had deep 'intuitive feelings' with this case from day one, I am a very balanced person, never quick to judge and in most cases will bend over backwards to look at something from another persons view. I have not done this at all with this case. I have been very "matter of fact" on my feelings of what happen. I always doubt myself, this time I have NO DOUBT. This is why I wanted the forensic astrology charts, and I must say they back me up 100% as to what I 'feel' happen that weekend. BTW I am also retired from the mental heath industry. I could offer up what I think to be a reasonable profile of what I believe to be "who/what" and why thru deductive reasoning.. but I don't know if this is allowed here.

Things I know..
I know a couple things that really keep buggin me that I think might be useful in some way.. I just can't figure out how just yet. If you have kept up with the FB page you will know JW has made statements to her and RR relationship. She paints this wonderful picture of how RR has been good to her and taken on even her own kids as his own...

I was contacted by a guy that JW was involved with, I knew of him and some type of relationship between them. She tried to rekindle the friendship about a week prior to this trip. Told him that Ryan was coming back to get his stuff out, she wanted nothing to do with him. She expressed interest in meeting up with him that weekend, but she couldn't "she had to go to Greenbay because her kids grandma was dying and she wanted them to see her" He text her all weekend but no reply till May 23 @ 6:26. The text was short and rather rude.

Hmmm this tell me she was rather stressed and this was the first time she had a moment free away from Ryan to reply to the 'other guy' text.. reasonable assumption??

He replied to her text with a question, she never replied again. Till the next day she called him as she was driving. (he still thinks she is in WI) JW called him Mon 24 @ 3:05 they talked for 33 min. During their convo he asked her how Greenbay was? She said oh no I was over by Madison.. then says hold on I'm lost, he ask where she is.. she is checking her GPS on the cell and tells him she is on 57! He is like why are you on 57 thats in southern ill, when your supposed to be coming home from WI. She changed the subject.

Now he met JW thru BB in the first place, odd BB never came up in the convo at all.
I know 57 is the road you head out of Mt Vernon on to go up north to chicago there is not much to get lost on so she had to be either just getting on 57 or maybe around Effingham because 70 does cross there. That is about an hour into the drive and it is 5 hours from Mt Vernon to Chicago

So this gives you a timeline for JW getting home, assuming that is where she was going. They got in a big fight the next day when he found out Beth was missing. So JW was home on the 25 so I think that is a reasonable assumption.

I hope this helps in some way

the above is the post from thread # 2 written by Paschein and respectfully snipped by me the quote of another poster out for space reasons.... this information i find very troubling... also after processing my thoughts/feelings in my above post it also occurred to me that bb & jw/'s relationship may have be similar to a mother/daughter type thing considering that bb was financially secure enough to provide for jw and also protect her from the ideas and feelings of the rest of the friends - sort of like a mother protecting a ( imo a spoiled) child...just mho...pondering if you will....:)

thank -you Paschein for this most informative post!

On the point of conflicting gossip:

Years ago, there was this 20 year old. Looked "wild" because their job required it. A parent, so of course they did what the boss wanted, for a good honest paycheck. If it meant dressing wild, whatever. At least they could support their family. Quietly religious, however, and really believed in the bible-"whatsoever you do for one of mine, you do for me"(paraphrasing). They took in the homeless, figuring if they were lucky enough to have a roof over their head, they would share it .
People speculated there were orgies, drugs, and all sorts of nastiness taking place in that home. No one ever dared to say it to their face, but lots of tsk tsking behind their back. Speculating that that child should be taken away. How in the world could there be these young people living together and not doing wild things?

Now this person is old and has done this their whole life, they are now looked upon as very nice and always having a place for someone down on their luck to stay.

I am not saying BB was Mother Theresa, but remember, Paschein knows her, and P's friend knows BB, and I do take what they say with some merit. Remember, most of us thought that Jaycee Dugards stepfather was the one who was responsible for her going missing.

Of course there are people who use drugs and lead normal lives. There are also people who do drugs, and accidents happen. ...

I disagree with your statement about the friends being silent. You said "IMO, they would not stay silent about someone they disliked making false statements about their missing friend." How do you know JW's statement about BB were false? You don't know that. They could be true.

This reminded me of something I heard years ago. "People cause accidents; accidents cause people."

About the friends... Practically nobody in Woodstock is guessing or providing theories. The "Friends" are keeping their mouths shut. Why aren't they clamoring for action and information up in Woodstock???

I was contacted by someone who JW called on her drive home the next day May 24 @ 3:05, from Mt Vernon to Woodstock, he knows Beth he told me that's how him and JW hooked up. They talked for 33 mins JW never even mentioned Beth or that she was missing, that does not sound like someone who had just been franticlly looking for Beth

JW said herself yesterday BB didn't tell her anything and she never thought to ask any questions she just dropped her off.

SB reported Beth missing May 24 @ 10:58 pm, SB & the boys tried to contact BB & JW all day and evening neither one answered their phones.

IMO she hasn't because Beth never left Mt Vernon and JW knows this and where she is, or she knows who put her there.
Actions speak louder that words, and JW's actions SCREAM her guilt

If Beth and JW planned to meet up back in the Woodstock vicinity, so that they could return together, JW would not have been "frantically looking for Beth" at 3:05PM. If SB or kids called JW during the drive back alone and before the rendezvous time, what reason would JW have given for why Beth couldn't talk on the phone? So she didn't answer the phone.

If the plan was to rendezvous in northern Illinois, JW would not have considered Beth "missing" until she got to the rendezvous and Beth didn't show. We don't know what time SB learned that Beth was not with JW.

Paschein seems to be accusing JW of being complicit in Beth's disappearance or death.

Drivers moving to Illinois may use their valid driver's license from their home state or country for 90 days.

JW's first ticket was on 9/20/08, and the California address is shown on the ticket. When did she move into Illinois? Clearly, she should have gotten an Illinois D/L by 12/20/08.

JW's first ticket was on 9/20/08, and the California address is shown on the ticket. When did she move into Illinois? Clearly, she should have gotten an Illinois D/L by 12/20/08.

It was stated that she moved here 2-3 years ago because she got into some trouble. She has 4 kids but only 3 that live with her. Wonder why?

You would think that her doing work at a law office you would want a valid license? JMO

I was not thinking along the lines of a suspended or revoked DL but rather an expired DL based on a possible non transfer from Cali to IL.

In IL to have a suspended one needs three moving violations on record in a year.

I don't think IL actively pursues people who have established residency in IL and whether or not they run out of state DL's to see if they have been transfered. I did not look close enough to see if the tickets were issued to an out of state license or even if the state from where the DL was issued is public info. It may or may not be.

hth

Looking at the "record"
http://68.21.116.46/wow65/runApp?pj_savedHTML=1278857924387
it shows
CASE ID 09TR063832
TITLE WOODSTOCK VS. WP J
CASE TYPE TRAFFIC VIOLATION
STATUS CLOSED
STATUS DATE 06/04/2010
FILING TYPE WOODSTOCK COMPLAINT
FILING DATE 12/01/200901/08/2010
103 PLEA NOTICE - NO SHOW - ASSESS FEE
03/05/2010 103 PLEA ** WITHHOLD - JUDGMENT-SUPERVISION
06/04/2010 103 RELEASE - SUPV., PROB., COND. DISC TERMINATED - SUPERVISION

To me, this seems that JW was stopped and ticketed on "traffic violation"and supervision was released on 6/4/10. The type of traffic violation is not specified....BUT if supervision was terminated on June 4 that would lead me to believe that she was up to date with driving records IMO IF she received speeding ticket (I don't remember where I first saw this) would it not show on the Illinois court records?:waitasec:

FYI-Public Info:
With NO DL, it isn't always a typo or error, if even legible;
Look under other aliases/mispellings/maiden/married, etc;
for Jenn/Jen Wyatt/Paplham/Papkham/Paplaham, etc for Case#s:
09TR063832 (1Dec09), 08TR059032 (22Sep08) & 10TR032875 (24Jun10);

http://68.21.116.46/wow65/runApp?id=0

McHenry County Public Case Access

FYI- Public Info:

http://www.woodstockadvocate.blogspot.com/

"A McHenry County Sheriff's Department deputy stopped a car on U.S. 14 in June and issued the driver a ticket for driving unlicensed. The driver had a California driver's license, which had expired last November. Therefore, that driver had no valid driver's license. For that she received a "Must Appear" ticket and will face off with a judge in Traffic Court in about ten days.

Was she allowed to drive away after being issued the ticket for no D/L? If there was no other licensed driver in the car, she should have been required to park the car until a licensed driver could arrive to drive it. And no other ticket was issued. What was the reason for the traffic stop in the first place? Without a second ticket, will the driver claim that there is no proof of probable cause for the traffic stop and get the judge to toss the ticket for driving without a license?

Interesting enough that same driver got a ticket for a seatbelt violation in Woodstock last November. She presented her California driver's license, which had expired eight days earlier in 2009. However, she got only the seatbelt ticket and no ticket for the expired D/L.

And, even more interesting, is the ticket she got a year earlier for speeding. When she presented her California driver's license that time, it had a 2008 expiration date. How could the California license have a 2008 expiration date, and then a year later have a 2009 expiration date?"

Please edit to snip or paraphrase as allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove