Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!! Long time reader first time poster! I never felt compelled to post until today. I had read the fb thread that LW started.(the one with like 60 some comments) I find it appalling that JW has the gall to say she is too busy to answer questions on fb because she must care for her daughter. Last night JW and RR didn't leave the bar on the square until after 12:30(that's when I left). I saw this morning that she posted again saying she was too busy with her daughter aprox. Around 2-3 am. IMO it's starting to sound like her sick daughter is another term for her unsavory habits. I'm not saying her daughter isn't sick, I don't know her personally. All I'm saying is when my child is sick I try to stay close to comfort him. The way she made it sound was that her daughter was VERY sick.

I don't know about California, only Illinois. Three times ago I renewed online and got a sticker to put on the back of the license, to stick over the old date. Then the second to last time I renewed, I renewed online but didn't get a sticker-if the police ran my license number it came up as renewed, but the actual license said expired. I had several fights with people who worked at WalMart when buying wine because my license said expired when it wasn't(our local grocery is dry, they don't sell wine, so I had to buy at WalMart). I have no idea if this is still the case because I hit one of those birthdays this last time where I had to take the vision test to renew.

Hello all!! Long time reader first time poster! I never felt compelled to post until today. I had read the fb thread that LW started.(the one with like 60 some comments) I find it appalling that JW has the gall to say she is too busy to answer questions on fb because she must care for her daughter. Last night JW and RR didn't leave the bar on the square until after 12:30(that's when I left). I saw this morning that she posted again saying she was too busy with her daughter aprox. Around 2-3 am. IMO it's starting to sound like her sick daughter is another term for her unsavory habits. I'm not saying her daughter isn't sick, I don't know her personally. All I'm saying is when my child is sick I try to stay close to comfort him. The way she made it sound was that her daughter was VERY sick.

Welcome Pumpkin! If you contact Trisha she needs verify you are from Woodstock so we can use what you post(I think, I'm not sure if this only applies to posts about BB or if JW applies too). We are so glad to have you!

What you say is so interesting. I think one of our posters a few pages back said that the sick daughter was trotted out every time someone questioned JW.

I'm sick, my child, brother, grandson & neighbor are all sick & my cat is too, but I still go to work, use spell check & am very busy with how I choose to spend the 24/7 we are all given every single day. It's choices & priorities....

Was she allowed to drive away after being issued the ticket for no D/L? If there was no other licensed driver in the car, she should have been required to park the car until a licensed driver could arrive to drive it. And no other ticket was issued. What was the reason for the traffic stop in the first place? Without a second ticket, will the driver claim that there is no proof of probable cause for the traffic stop and get the judge to toss the ticket for driving without a license?

Interesting enough that same driver got a ticket for a seatbelt violation in Woodstock last November. She presented her California driver's license, which had expired eight days earlier in 2009. However, she got only the seatbelt ticket and no ticket for the expired D/L.

And, even more interesting, is the ticket she got a year earlier for speeding. When she presented her California driver's license that time, it had a 2008 expiration date. How could the California license have a 2008 expiration date, and then a year later have a 2009 expiration date?"

Please edit to snip or paraphrase as allowed.

RSBM... I don't know about Illinois, but here in NY, if you're pulled over and found to have an invalid or suspended license, your car can be immediately impounded and you can be jailed. On top of receiving whatever tickets that go along with it... and usually... the cop will try to find whatever he can to write you on at that point.

I don't know about California, only Illinois. Three times ago I renewed online and got a sticker to put on the back of the license, to stick over the old date. Then the second to last time I renewed, I renewed online but didn't get a sticker-if the police ran my license number it came up as renewed, but the actual license said expired. I had several fights with people who worked at WalMart when buying wine because my license said expired when it wasn't(our local grocery is dry, they don't sell wine, so I had to buy at WalMart). I have no idea if this is still the case because I hit one of those birthdays this last time where I had to take the vision test to renew.

In California I renew every 4 years. I mail my fee (or pay online) and they send me a new license with the same picture on it. I also had the choice go into the DMV and take a new picture for the license (for an extra fee).

Also... if you have no license and you get pulled over... your car is impounded and you receive a ticket to appear in court.

But didn't you say above BB's friends did not care for JW? If someone you did not like was saying crap about your friend wouldn't you stand up for that friend? Why would BB's friends not say a thing about JW? Obviously they have an opinion on why they didn't like JW, and now she has thrown their missing friend under the bus - a friend who can't speak for herself right now.

Wouldn't they even say something like we didn't like the change we noticed in BB's behavior when she hung around JW? I mean if these people liked Beth enough to call her a friend, she obviously had qualities they liked and they didn't like JW clearly they saw different qualities in the two women. I'm not trying to debate anyone's point or opinion, I am just trying to understand no one coming to BB's defense. The only other logical explaination is they were not really close friends that one would share the ups and downs in their life and confide in, but more like party friends. there is a huge difference, imo, in friends one confides in and friends they just get together with to go out party and have fun.

I do think it is possible and probably very likely some kind of accident happened that weekend. Whether or not it involved drugs, I don't know, but I do think it is possible JW and RR feared they would be held responsible and disposed of Beths remains. I do think if there really was another man involved JW would have found enough info on him she would have spilled info proving that story, or LE would have found enough info to locate any men Beth had communicated with and if LE could not clear them all, LE would have already changed her missing persons status to possible foul play.

JMO

I understand how you can think that about the friends. Here's the thing, just say for example that I had a great friend named Tiffany who was young, her husband left her and she had a 3 year old child to raise on her own. She has no skills and decides to become a stripper to make ends meet. Me, being a non-judgemental person and a good friend, I know she is a stripper and I love her anyway because I understand she needs to do what she needs to do, to get by and bottom line, she has to live with herself. It doesn't matter what I think.

Now, we are a group of friends, so naturally, we all know that Tiffany is a stripper. One night, Tiffany does a private party and never makes it home. She's gone, vanished. If I come forward and tell the LE "hey, listen, you need to investigate the people at the party she danced at last night, because she is now missing", that makes me look BAD because I threw my friend "under the bus" by saying publically that she was a stripper. None of the other friends speak a word of her being a stripper, because really, it's already been said so why get involved and share the info that Tiffany is a stripper.

Now apply that to this case. It just so happens that JW was the last one to see BB. She tells the LE and FB community that BB did drugs and had boyfriends outside of her marriage. Sooooooo.....IF that is true, and her other friends all know that BB did drugs and had boyfriends, why would they say it too? So they can look like bad friends too?

Here is the million dollar question - Don't you think if it WASN'T true, what JW wrote, the other friends would all be up in arms and screaming at the top of their lungs "LIAR, BB never did those things". Hmmmm, nobody has said that at all. Because they didn't like JW, that would be all the more reason that they would be screaming "LIAR", but they aren't.

OMG! It makes me sick to hear she is out boozing with her boyfriend, rather than taking care of her kid. But this apparantly isn't the first time she's been out boozing since BB's disappearance. I think the guilt is eating away at them. How oh how, do you go out and drink and have fun when your best friend, that you love so much, is missing? What kind of mother are you, to go on and on about how very sick your daughter is, yet, you can leave her to go out and drink? Whatever? But she keeps on preaching on FB "I'm a good person". Really?

It was stated that she moved here 2-3 years ago because she got into some trouble. She has 4 kids but only 3 that live with her. Wonder why?

You would think that her doing work at a law office you would want a valid license? JMO

Hi Snowzbunny

JW moved here 2-3 years ago

It was Paschein that stated BETH had 4 kids, but only 3 of them lived with her.

I don't know anything about why JW doesn't have an IL license, but if she got multiple DUI's in Cali or something like that, her license may be suspended for a long time so she may just be driving on a suspended license/illegally. Actually, that might be the case because the car that JW drove in IL was not registered in her name, it was registered in BB's name. You can't register a car in IL in your name if you don't have a valid drivers license. Hmmmm, maybe I'm onto something here. But seriously, I really have no idea at all why she doesn't have a valid IL license. I'm just speculating possible reasons for not having an IL drivers license.

If Beth and JW planned to meet up back in the Woodstock vicinity, so that they could return together, JW would not have been "frantically looking for Beth" at 3:05PM. If SB or kids called JW during the drive back alone and before the rendezvous time, what reason would JW have given for why Beth couldn't talk on the phone? So she didn't answer the phone.

If the plan was to rendezvous in northern Illinois, JW would not have considered Beth "missing" until she got to the rendezvous and Beth didn't show. We don't know what time SB learned that Beth was not with JW.

You make a valid point, my only problem with this is by JW's own admission two days ago on the main thread on FB. BB didn't tell her anything and she didn't think to ask any questions.. then she states she is guilt ridden over this everyday. She never states they made any plans and clearly says they never talked about this.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=message...0&v=wall&story_fbid=133869799978619&ref=notif

Paschein seems to be accusing JW of being complicit in Beth's disappearance or death.

IMHO
Yes JW's stories have changed too many times to have any credibility to them.
As a result of all the lies and consistent behavior, this suggest there is much more to the story. That the story is a cover-up for what really happen to BB.

First was reported she dropped at the station to take the train home. When this was found to be unsupported, the story has now changed. To dropping her off to meet one of her 'boyfriends' when a person lies then get caught in this lie they then have to build on this lie to make it work.
Even LW first supported the train story by saying that (para) 'Beth was a big girl she could take the train by herself, she didn't need someone to hold her hand.' This was in response to comments made that it didn't make any sense that JW would just drop off BB and not wait with her at the train station, as most people would do.
Now LW is suggesting that BB might have gone out west because she likes hot weather. She is now (7 weeks later) posting flyers all over Cali in her area. IMO this is a diversionary tactic that I suspect has been suggested to her. I believe her to be innocent of any knowledge of what really happen to Beth, I see it as unconditional love and support for her big sister. Her use of language and sentence structure suggest an 'innocense' about her.

LW first comments come from the main page FB site about 2 weeks after Beth was missing and one of the first time LW posted and when JW name was first given by her. I am guessing around june 5-12

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...738&ref=notif#!/group.php?gid=122739057758360

JW comments more than border what psycholgist call covert-aggression. Which is just a nice way of calling someone a manipulative person.

Oooops sorry I just noticed my link for the book didn't go on my post my bad :blush:

Below an excerpt from the book: In Sheep's Clothing By George K. Simon PhD which I have linked here

http://www.rickross.com/reference/brainwashing/brainwashing11.html

Hi Snowzbunny

QUOTE]

No I stated that JW has 4 kids only 3 living with her which is what Cubby question was. He didn't ask how many kids Beth had.

Conflicting early media reports.

this following snipped starts with "According to family friend Angela Montgomery"

The 41-year-old mother of three was expected to be back at her home Sunday, May 23, called her husband to report her friend wanted to stay an extra day, and the couple made arrangements for Bentley to get on a late afternoon train in Centralia, arrive in St. Louis at about 10 p.m.,

http://register-news.com/local/x1174317299/Search-continues-for-missing-woman

By using the words 'the couple' the above sounds like SB and BB made arrangements for Beth to take the train. A couple refers to a relationship, why not say the friends made arrangements...... ?

yet in the following article SB is quoted as saying BB never mentioned anything about a train.

“She said she'd be home late Sunday night or early Monday morning,” Scott Bentley said. “But, she never said anything about taking a train.”

http://more.stltoday.com/stltoday/n...1e565cd5753806138625773b007fd643?OpenDocument

Poor reporting or conflicting information from both sides? :banghead:

AGM states that she was miss quoted here was one of the first things I asked about this article when it was released. Poor reporting :(

[
quote=Paschein;5392236]You make a valid point, my only problem with this is by JW's own admission two days ago on the main thread on FB. BB didn't tell her anything and she didn't think to ask any questions.. then she states she is guilt ridden over this everyday. She never states they made any plans and clearly says they never talked about this.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=message...0&v=wall&story_fbid=133869799978619&ref=notif

IMHO
Yes JW's stories have changed too many times to have any credibility to them.
As a result of all the lies and consistent behavior, this suggest there is much more to the story. That the story is a cover-up for what really happen to BB.

First was reported she dropped at the station to take the train home. When this was found to be unsupported, the story has now changed. To dropping her off to meet one of her 'boyfriends' when a person lies then get caught in this lie they then have to build on this lie to make it work.
Even LW first supported the train story by saying that (para) 'Beth was a big girl she could take the train by herself, she didn't need someone to hold her hand.' This was in response to comments made that it didn't make any sense that JW would just drop off BB and not wait with her at the train station, as most people would do.
Now LW is suggesting that BB might have gone out west because she likes hot weather. She is now (7 weeks later) posting flyers all over Cali in her area. IMO this is a diversionary tactic that I suspect has been suggested to her. I believe her to be innocent of any knowledge of what really happen to Beth, I see it as unconditional love and support for her big sister. Her use of language and sentence structure suggest an 'innocense' about her.

LW first comments come from the main page FB site about 2 weeks after Beth was missing and one of the first time LW posted and when JW name was first given by her. I am guessing around june 5-12

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...738&ref=notif#!/group.php?gid=122739057758360

JW comments more than border what psycholgist call covert-aggression. Which is just a nice way of calling someone a manipulative person.

This is a very informative and wonderful post. Thank you.

Hi Snowzbunny

QUOTE]

No I stated that JW has 4 kids only 3 living with her which is what Cubby question was. He didn't ask how many kids Beth had.

Please accept my apologies. I misread what Cubby wrote, I thought she wanted to know how many kids BB had. Sorry.

Please accept my apologies. I misread what Cubby wrote, I thought she wanted to know how many kids BB had. Sorry.

hey all these intials is enough to confuse us all lol no apology needed :)
I am afraid with all these intials we are using, answer someone on the phone that has nothing to do with any of this and I will start greating them with their first letter rather than the name lol

I understand how you can think that about the friends. Here's the thing, just say for example that I had a great friend named Tiffany who was young, her husband left her and she had a 3 year old child to raise on her own. She has no skills and decides to become a stripper to make ends meet. Me, being a non-judgemental person and a good friend, I know she is a stripper and I love her anyway because I understand she needs to do what she needs to do, to get by and bottom line, she has to live with herself. It doesn't matter what I think.

Now, we are a group of friends, so naturally, we all know that Tiffany is a stripper. One night, Tiffany does a private party and never makes it home. She's gone, vanished. If I come forward and tell the LE "hey, listen, you need to investigate the people at the party she danced at last night, because she is now missing", that makes me look BAD because I threw my friend "under the bus" by saying publically that she was a stripper. None of the other friends speak a word of her being a stripper, because really, it's already been said so why get involved and share the info that Tiffany is a stripper.

Now apply that to this case. It just so happens that JW was the last one to see BB. She tells the LE and FB community that BB did drugs and had boyfriends outside of her marriage. Sooooooo.....IF that is true, and her other friends all know that BB did drugs and had boyfriends, why would they say it too? So they can look like bad friends too?

Here is the million dollar question - Don't you think if it WASN'T true, what JW wrote, the other friends would all be up in arms and screaming at the top of their lungs "LIAR, BB never did those things". Hmmmm, nobody has said that at all. Because they didn't like JW, that would be all the more reason that they would be screaming "LIAR", but they aren't.

This is very true, good analogy. I have been surprised that not more of BB girlfriends have had much to say, many of them are not involved much in the whole Beth is missing. By girlfriends I will say I mean the party picture gf. I have been given many reasons for this, but will not repeat as they are just rumors and not very flattering to any involved. The old term bird of a feather..
There were a couple of BB older friends that did speak right up when JW did this. True or not it was a blatant character assassination on someone who was unable to defend themselves.

I will add that I have had a few people email private to tell me things but add that they are scared of RR & JW, in both Woodstock and Mt Vernon areas. This might suggest why many don't speak up.

The fact that RR has never once comment, add support to JW statement, or never stood up for his girlfriend is very interesting though. Specially since JW has often stood up for him. IMO this speaks volumes about their relationship, a clue if you will. I feel like he is just sitting back watching and taking note.

They always say it is the quiet one you better keep your eye on.

This is very true, good analogy. I have been surprised that not more of BB girlfriends have had much to say, many of them are not involved much in the whole Beth is missing. By girlfriends I will say I mean the party picture gf. I have been given many reasons for this, but will not repeat as they are just rumors and not very flattering to any involved. The old term bird of a feather..
There were a couple of BB older friends that did speak right up when JW did this. True or not it was a blatant character assassination on someone who was unable to defend themselves.

I will add that I have had a few people email private to tell me things but add that they are scared of RR & JW, in both Woodstock and Mt Vernon areas. This might suggest why many don't speak up.

The fact that RR has never once comment, add support to JW statement, or never stood up for his girlfriend is very interesting though. Specially since JW has often stood up for him. IMO this speaks volumes about their relationship, a clue if you will. I feel like he is just sitting back watching and taking note.

They always say it is the quiet one you better keep your eye on.

I totally agree with the birds of a feather comment regarding the girlfriends in the party pics on FB.

I believe that JW and RR will either cling together because of the secret they may be keeping or...it will tear them apart if one of them feels they can't live with the guilt anymore. The sad part is, I believe that if JW was involved in foul play on her own, she would be more likely to crack right away and maybe tell the truth. Unfortunately, I believe that RR was with JW when whatever happened, happened. And with that being said, he will constantly be telling her to just lay low and it will blow over. Then again, married people, best friends, business partners etc have been known to turn on one another under the right circumstances, so we'll see what happens. Just my opinion.

Welcome Pumpkin!! thanx for that great info too!
BTW you do not need to be verified just because your from Woodstock, only if you know the people directly involved in this case.. below is the information that Tricia post about this ..

Verification

The only people who need to be verified are those who actually know the main people involved. If you are good friends with Beth's kindergarten teacher then you do not need to be verified. If you are best friend's with Beth's best friend's cousin, you do not need to be verified.

If you know and have contact with any of the main people in the case and you want to post about it then you need to be verified. Or if you work directly with any of them. My point is it needs to be direct social or business contact for you to be verified.

You need to be verified if you say you are related to the main people involved in the case.

The verification process is very simple. I have to know your real name and talk to you on the phone. NO ONE will have the information but me.

Let me stress that this verification process is not perfect and people can slip through but short of hiring a private detective this is the best we can do.

If someone who is verified posts something you must always understand that there is a chance, even though they have been verified, that they may not be who they say they are. It's the chance we have to take.

Please email me if you feel you want to post about your personal experience in the case and need to be verified. tgrif@xmission.com

Thanx t93. I will not post until I get verified!

Welcome to WS Pumpkin. The explaination for verification is in post #1 of this thread. Just being a local, you don't need to be verified. If you know Beth, JW or any of the players in this case either through business or social then you should contact Tricia to be verified. If you don't know them personally but just know who they are from seeing them around town, you do not need to be verified.

hth

Cubby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads