Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they have, in fact when Beth first went missing I went to Jasonproject myself. I am pretty sure this is the place I downloaded a what to do when someone goes missing pdf which has been very helpful. But beyond that I don't think they have, I am pretty sure SB hasn't. AGM does a lot but beyond using the file I sent as a guide, and listing her I think that is all Cubby. They are using advice of retired LE. I think it is hard to keep the motion going you know what I mean. When they don't get the response they hoped for, maybe it is like kicking you when your already down.

I agree the group as a whole have been learning as we go, some mistakes have been made along the way, important ones, but a lot has been learned along the way too.
Honestly I think we are all so frustrated that it is hard to find the focus again..

In respect you the reward, you asked why not more? Remember Beth has spent a lot of money helping her friends, the move from Cali to Woodstock the car, place to live, also some medical treatment that was mentioned before. That is just one friend. SB had no idea of all of this as Justalawyer stated before. Beth I believe lived far beyond the means to provide it, and a husband that loved her dearly and wanted the hand her the world. Maybe because of those $1200 purses, Vera Bradley bags, designer cloths, maybe the funds are just not there to offer more of a reward..
There is an old saying some people live "robbing peter to pay paul" I had a stepfather that lived this way worry about today what you have to, tomorrow is another day.

Crimestoppers put up $2000 the family $3000 an honestly I think the money would be better spent at this point on a PI, but I don't have any research to back that up of how productive that expense is?? As much as I believe WPD is working the case, you just can't productively work it 300 miles away, and with the other LE all telling people she ran away that doesn't leave me with much faith in them helping :(

The fact they shut us down when we has a search party in the works.. I understand the lack of where to start. But you on the other hand just don't throw your hands up and say oh well either. You start by asking the community like I have tried to get done. I have even tried to find if a AM station had a farm report to go to. Without the LOCAL LE help here makes you want to scream. Beleive me I have talked to them plenty too not just WPD.
We are fastly approaching 2 months in that time a lot of areas could have already been searched. Not just a few LE walking around the lake either..
I feel like they are too busy collecting their ducks, when finding Beth would give them everything they need to really investigate the case.
They are putting the cart before the HORSE!

OK I am done venting lol I just needed to get that out.

When it boils down to it, it is too soon for a PI. 8 weeks isn't even enough time to get results back from a crime lab if they have anything in Beth's case. I am 1000% certain LE has not written Beths case off as she left willingly. IF LE had conclusive evidence that was the case, Beths case would no longer be an open case. I've talked to too many various LE departments across the country on too many missing persons cases to count and sometimes LE has that type of attitude with non LE. It is their typical response when talking to someone else who is non LE. In other words it is their polite way of saying I am not interested in discussing this case with you who are non LE and not family. It is meant to be a means to end the conversation but does not mean it is necessarily true when spoken to non LE or non family.

My comments and suggestions offered to the family and friends of Beth were in no way intended to dismiss or slam the efforts made thus far or the intentions of those wishing to help with the case. The fact is, LE does not spend a whole lot of time on adult missing persons cases because they have too many cases to handle and not enough man hours or resources to do as much as we'd like. I won't repeat the reasons why I think doing so would benefit Beths case tremendously. It is his wife, the mother of his child and his decision if he is satisfied with LE's work on Beths case. I just know that sitting around talking about what JW is or is not doing is not the most productive thing to be doing for Beths case. And while the FB members have the best intentions they do not have the experience or means available to assist the family in the same way organizations such as Project Jason does.

JMVHO

I have often wondered the same thing about the amount of the reward. I believe Crimestoppers kicked in $3000 and SB kicked in $2000 or vise versa. The only thing I can think of is maybe the family's finances were not that great, despite SB being an attorney, we don't know if Beth was possibly a credit card addict and charged charged charged everything. We often hear of celebreties too, who you'd think have so much money, that run into financial trouble. Usually from blowing too much $, too fast. JMO, because I do not know anything about the family's finances at all. Just speculating.

I could be mistaken, but I remember reading way back in the first thread (?) on Beth that SB owes the IRS a large sum?? Is this correct, or am I totally off?

Another thought, and this is pure speculation on my part, but if it's true that SB had no idea about BB's 'colorful' activities until after her disappearance, maybe he's too hurt to be shouting for her from the highest mountain top; maybe it explains the low reward amount and lack of persistent media coverage from him?

MOO.

** we don't know who the perpetrator is ... agreed.

Or if there even is one.

Those that know BB hold firm their belief that she didn't just "take off".

That's an awfully broad brush... and I disagree.

JW seems to believe it... and Just a Lawyer seems to believe there is a reasonable chance.

Hi, I am a new poster. I have emailed Trisha, and I know everyone involved in this case. They are all friends in one form or another.

Beth took off 25%
Beth overdosed and somebody covered up 15%
Beth got in some sort of altercation that didn't go well that got covered up 9%
Beth is somewhere but didn't voluntarily take off (much less than 1%)
Beth met someone new and it didn't go well 20%
Beth met someone she knew (after leaving JW) and it didn't go well 30%

And actually I think 35%

I think 10% of the last category should go to "took off"

Well, I feel the same way about the discussion constantly being redirected to JW, whenever a theory not involving her is posited. Why is that?

I am not talking about here, I am talking about when you ask those involved a direct question.
As far as here, this is a discussion that is what happens when you discuss things.

Who benefits from the passage of time?

The perpetrator, if there is one... who may or may not be JW, RR, NR, or an, as of yet, unknown party...

It benefits BB, if she left willingly, it would buy her time...

It benefits LE, if they are investigating something or someone, and would like that information kept private...

So ask yourself again... "who does it benefit?"

The answer is... we don't know.

Well, I feel the same way about the discussion constantly being redirected to JW, whenever a theory not involving her is posited. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

r131313, do you know JW or Beth?

r131313
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen30036

Or if there even is one.

Quote:

JW seems to believe it... and Just a Lawyer seems to believe there is a reasonable chance.

**Not sure JW believes that at all. Why the "regret" for not asking who this mystery man" was? This is exactly what best friends, friends that have weekend "getaways", friends that recieve help, and friends you see almost every day talk about. "I didn't ask" doesn't have a ring of truth to it. A "mystery man" tacked on the story AFTER being nervous about the "train story" and it's changes, makes sense.

I don't know how Just a Lawyer came to his opinion that it's a reasonable chance BB disappeared willingly. He didn't really elaborate.

I hope she's alive. I hope she took off to "find herself" or revisit her youth, or whatever the reason. I don't believe that's reality at this time, hard as that may be.

In the meantime, I hope they take Cubbys advice and seek the assistance of the link he provided. It's time for experienced professionals to bring their skills and knowledge to this case, for the sake of this family.

Quote:

Or if there even is one.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Lawyer

Hi, I am a new poster. I have emailed Trisha, and I know everyone involved in this case. They are all friends in one form or another.

Quote:

Beth took off 25%
Beth overdosed and somebody covered up 15%
Beth got in some sort of altercation that didn't go well that got covered up 9%
Beth is somewhere but didn't voluntarily take off (much less than 1%)
Beth met someone new and it didn't go well 20%
Beth met someone she knew (after leaving JW) and it didn't go well 30%

Quote:

And actually I think 35%

I think 10% of the last category should go to "took off"

r131313
Those that know Beth firmly disagree that she took off, but you disagree. Just curious, do you know Beth? I want to ask you, after reading everything you've read about this case, which do you find more believable/possible, since nobody knows where Beth is
1. that Beth took off
2. JW could be lying, not telling the whole truth or covering something up
And please explain why.

JW believes Beth could have took off, I would say so since that's the story she gave to the LE, she took a ride with some guy.

Just a Lawyer believes Beth could have taken off too, don't forget, Just a Lawyer also stated that JW sat around a table on somebody's porch with 4 or 5 friends all together, and told them what happened. Could Just a Lawyer have been swayed to believe that, because it came from JW or, since Just a Lawyer is friends with both girls, she may think Beth took off for other reasons, because she knows a lot about Beth. I guess either is possible. As far as Just a Lawyers percentages of what happened to Beth that she outlined, that is her guess/speculation.

Just for the record, I too believe that Beth may have taken off. But, big but....based on everything I've read, IMO, it is MORE LIKELY that Beth did not take off of her own free will and that there was some sort of foul play. The reason I feel that way is the story has never made sense. I have been known to be wrong, and I sure hope I am wrong about this, because I would really love it if I woke up tomorrow to hear that Beth called her husband and is on her way home. Wouldn't that be so nice? It would make me soooo happy.

I could be mistaken, but I remember reading way back in the first thread (?) on Beth that SB owes the IRS a large sum?? Is this correct, or am I totally off?

Another thought, and this is pure speculation on my part, but if it's true that SB had no idea about BB's 'colorful' activities until after her disappearance, maybe he's too hurt to be shouting for her from the highest mountain top; maybe it explains the low reward amount and lack of persistent media coverage from him?

MOO.

I know that SB had absolutely no idea of Beth's extra marital affairs at all. I also know he adores Beth.

I do not know if all the new information that has come to light since Beth disappeared, has anything to do with the low reward amount or lack of media coverage.

r131313, do you know JW or Beth?

Absolutely not.

**Not sure JW believes that at all.

You also can't be certain she doesn't. It's purely speculation on both our parts.

Why the "regret" for not asking who this mystery man" was? This is exactly what best friends, friends that have weekend "getaways", friends that recieve help, and friends you see almost every day talk about. "I didn't ask" doesn't have a ring of truth to it.

In your opinion. But, it's not necessarily true. None of us know the details of their friendship in private, or what was or wasn't normal between them on a weekend getaway. We can speculate, but just because normal best friends have that sort of relationship, does not mean that BB and JW did.... I certainly can't say one way or the other.

A "mystery man" tacked on the story AFTER being nervous about the "train story" and it's changes, makes sense.

Again, that's your interpretation of the events, and you are stating it as fact. Perhaps JW really didn't ask... perhaps she didn't divulge this information publicly because she really WAS trying to protect BB and SB and the kids? I understand you find it unlikely, and that is your right... but understand that there are people who don't... and if either side had evidence either way, this whole ordeal would be much closer to a conclusion.

I don't know how Just a Lawyer came to his opinion that it's a reasonable chance BB disappeared willingly. He didn't really elaborate.

You'd have to ask him. Here's what he wrote:

I feel a little bad for the true sleuths on this site. As I read the posts there are many details that are clearly wrong, and there are entire lines of inquiry completely missing. It is nearly impossible to understand this situation without the facts, and with the facts that you have impossible to draw reasonable inferences and deductions.

I am sorry that I can't reveal more information, as most of it came from private conversations. I have been assured that LE has this information, and that allows me to understand their apparent inaction. This is a confusing case.

I hope that LE has lots of information about the phone that they will choose to release soon. I believe that they are wasting an opportunity by not being more forthcoming with facts.

The one thing that you have to remember about my posts is this. If someone goes down for doing something bad to BB, that person was a friend of mine. And BB was a friend also. I really don't have any problem with anyone knowing who I am ... and my preference would be to have us all use our real names.

That being said. I will try to make sure and tell you my guesses when they are speculation.

Woodstock P.D. is sort of tight lipped (I want to be nominated for understatement of the decade!) Whether that helps or not, I will let you decide. It is unlikely that anyone received anything from WPD.

Lastly, while a search of the property may seem like the next logical thing, there are several reasons that it is not ... I guess the first for me is that even if the "died at the rehab house" theory is correct, disposing of evidence on that property would be very unlikely give the rural setting of that area. And remember that is only if that theory is correct (I guess saying it in a different way, if that theory is correct half of the time, and the evidence is concealed at the same location half the time, the chances are one in four that that is the location of the evidence). And my guess is that the LE have assigned way less probablity for both of those factors, making the odds of that theory being right much less that one in four.

People who make pro and con arguments, test our theories and make us think. I think spending time about whether a person is acting one way or another, which is different than we would expect isn't going to lead to a solution, but rather to a discussion about how we feel about a person acting a certain way, or how one should act. Neither gets us closer to a solution.

The car was rented to cover the story that JW and BB were going to Madison, WI to visit JW's sick mom or grandmom (when they were really going to MV). This was done to mislead SB, as to where the girls were going.

r131313
Those that know Beth firmly disagree that she took off

As far as Just a Lawyers percentages of what happened to Beth that she outlined, that is her guess/speculation. It holds no merit.

Just a Lawyer knows beth, and he does not firmly disagree she took off.

Secondly, those that know BB, who are certain that she did not leave of her own free will, are also simply speculating, and their speculations hold no more merit than anyone else's.

Once again this thread is becoming problematic.

There will be no calling other members out or attacking the member because of their theories or POV. If you do not agree with somone's theory reply respectfully or skip the post period.

It is simple. Tricia's post about the rules for WS and this thread have been copied into the first post in each new thread.

I realize emotions are heated here with little news or progress in Beths case and this is when members typically start fighting with each other. There is no need for it and it is not allowed here. If that continues to happen I will be recommending time outs without warning. There has been far too much time spent moderating this thread. The rules have been spelled out clearly numerous times by both myself and Tricia. If you would like Beths thread to remain open at websleuths please stay within TOS.

thank you
Cubby

I have a question. I see MOO a lot, what does it mean?

I keep reading FB and here. I have been reading about this since approx the first week.
I am wondering, if a person wanted to run away- how much do you have to prepare? what do you need to do? How likely is it for an average person to never ever look back to their old life? I do know someone else who recently "ran" but the kids are grown. the person DOES check in to the old life long distance via a trusted friend or 2. LE was notified and quickly reassured from the missing person that the missing person CHOSE to go and is ok, fine. That person still checks FB...........still touches base with select key people... (tho not family, but does send and recieve messages thru a 3rd person)
Sure, my life gets difficult sometimes, and sometimes I joke about running away. BUT.... I dont think I could REALLY cut ALL ties, all people, all my fav places and things I do etc. Thats just a HUGE change. How many people really can do it - how many DO do it? Willingly? Completely, totally? Just wondering.
OK MOO

Anything reported in the media is questionable, these days, at best.

I've been following the Kyron threads since the beginning and it has been a mess of bad reporting.

I have friend who was interviewed by NCIS, FBI, and local LE about a lady she worked with who was misappropriating federal funds.

Everyone was sat down, except for the female in question, and told they were about to be interviewed. They were told not to discuss with anyone the content of the interview. That included the local media. They were told any statements made to the media would be made by the LE.

If they made any statements to anyone including the media they could be charged with hindering the investigation.

That means we do not know what any of the people who are being questioned have been told. We also do not know what was said in the interviews.

Noone knows what anyone said to the LE.

Question:

Where did the statement about SB owing the IRS lots of money come from?

Anything reported in the media is questionable, these days, at best.

I've been following the Kyron threads since the beginning and it has been a mess of bad reporting.

I have friend who was interviewed by NCIS, FBI, and local LE about a lady she worked with who was misappropriating federal funds.

Everyone was sat down, except for the female in question, and told they were about to be interviewed. They were told not to discuss with anyone the content of the interview. That included the local media. They were told any statements made to the media would be made by the LE.

If they made any statements to anyone including the media they could be charged with hindering the investigation.

That means we do not know what any of the people who are being questioned have been told. We also do not know what was said in the interviews.

Noone knows what anyone said to the LE.

Question:

Where did the statement about SB owing the IRS lots of money come from?

BBM. I agree. I've said more than once if WS's had a dollar for each mistake we've found in the media we'd be rich!

Ok, I found the reference to where it was stated that SB owes the IRS money, and it appears to be a rumor only (if someone knows for sure please correct me).

Originally Posted by Hmm
Hello everyone. I am new to site and gratefully for a forum to discuss this strange case.

This is what I have HEARSAY knowledge of:
1) SB owes IRS large amount of money he is making payments on.
2) Beth Bentley has a boyfriend and cheats on Scott (my info from approx year ago)
3) Beth uses friends as alibi's to cover cheating.
4) Beth likes expensive things and plastic surgery.

Post 34: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5272791&highlight=irs#post5272791

Dang. I thought that post was deleted. Now that I have been on this forum for awhile, I would have worded it differently.

No, not rumor.

Let me explain. Being a newbie at that time, I thought that throwing that information out there may aid in the investigation. But I have since learned that just "throwing it out there" does not always help.

When BB first went missing, my thought was husband or boyfriend. Now that all the information about her lifestyle has come out, I hope you can see what I was thinking. Lots of motives there, IMO. My first thought was "Uh Oh, SB found out what's been going on, or one of the BoyF did something"

I also posted the information about the surgery and nice things with the thought that her type (no offense intended, please) would not just run away. I have posted many times my opinion on her leaving voluntarily.

BB gives to friends, like JW, but asks in return, -alibi.

I am guessing-based on my knowledge- People who are defending JW probably know that it was not a one way street.

Being this is a victim friendly site, as Cubby as been very kind to remind me and guide me, I did not bring it up again unless it became blindingly relevant to the case.

Hmm

Cubby
Wondering if the Cubs will lose 100 games this year

Cubby, why are you hating on the Cubs like that! lol They're not in last place.... yet. :praying:

It been a frustrating season. :banghead:

Sorry, got distracted.

Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics