Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, the FB had some kind of technical difficulty last nite, ALL the FB groups had some glitch and were not working properly. LOL when I saw nothing new here, I thought maybe it was all the internet haveing problems, LOL. Or my computer.
As for the fundraiser, I know people were nervous to say it was not attended well, afraid it would sound too discourageing? But I said MOO that I thought there would be more people there. BUT after I said so, someone else contradicted me, so, what do I know? It was held somewhere I never go. I ONLY went becuz of the fundraiser.
I read some blame for someone supposedly sabotaging the fundraiser on FB group, but......I'm not certain anyone especially tried to sabotage it. I was of the thought the person only wanted an accounting/explanation of what the funds might be used for? BUT maybe someone did try to sabotage it?
Right now maybe a lot of people are licking wounds, calming hurts, regrouping.... trying to come to terms with the no new public news etc.
I took pictures at the fundraiser but I do not know how to put them anywhere, LOL.
Plus inside the place was sort of dark and the pictures are hard to see becuz of the darkness.
As for any word dureing the fundraiser? I am a wallflower and I did not go out into the crowd and put myself onto anyone. I didnt want to accidentally say anything that might be dumb sounding or bring up anything that might be painful or hurtful and I did not know any of the people except by guessing via pictures from FB. SO.... I mostly just listened to the music, LOL
SO maybe it is just quiet cuz everyone is .........thinking. regrouping. ?
all just MOO.
Beth I wish you could just ...............walk in and say HI everyone! and give some wonderful exotic fun story. Tho by now I suppose that might not be quite so simple easy and innocent anymore? But I hope its what happens, anyway.

I don't think the fundraiser went that well in terms of the number of people that showed up. Unfortunately, reading back through the FB posts, the questions asked regarding the trust that was set up, were valid questions, IMO. The responses from the admin stated anybody could see the terms of the trust, and it would be provided if asked. But, those who asked to see it, went unanswered. It is my belief that the 7000 + people who MAY have made a donation even if they couldn't attend the fundraiser, may have changed their mind because of the nasty back and forth between those asking questions, and the admin not coming through with providing the info. IMO, they shouldn't have offered to provide the info, and then basically look at the person who asked for the info like "how dare you", because that is exactly how it came across to me reading the posts.

HHS made a FB post on 7/17 @ 9:25 am asking how the fundraiser went, and how much money was raised. Nobody from admin even responded with an answer. That seems wrong to me. I've been to tons of fundraisers, they always disclose how much money was raised. Am I wrong? Don't they typically disclose how much was raised? Maybe I'm wrong.

These are just my thoughts. I hope I'm not offending anyone because that is not my intention. I'm just always thinking about Beth and this whole situation.

I asked the question up thread asking if anyone had heard from JW lately after her asking for questions to be Emailed to her. I didn't get any responses to that one.

So I'm wondering this, has anyone contacted LE to report what was discussed between themselves and JW? If so was LE interested in this information or not. This might give us some idea if LE is still pursuing the case and who they are pursuing.

I haven't had any more communications with JW on FB for some time now. No, I didn't report the email to the police because all she did was tell me the same story she told everybody else already - about dropping Beth off to meet a guy, name unknown.

I think its sad to see how BB's FB page has gone. It seems like here on WS that there are a few people who know BB on some sort of personal level, and there are several whom don't know her at all..including me. I think it is amazing all of the total strangers on here that seem to care a great deal for BB and her family and they have never met her! I did follow the FB page for a while then I thought it was getting kind of ugly between some of the people. Then with the donation and fundraiser and then the lack of acknowlegement to the people who ask questions..much less (and I appologize if I missed it) no thank you to everyone who helped or donated. IMO..it seems the admins are turning people off and that is not helping their friend at all. I don't even go there anymore! AGAIN, I appologize in advance if I missed that or have interpreted it wrong.

... So I'm wondering this, has anyone contacted LE to report what was discussed between themselves and JW? If so was LE interested in this information or not. This might give us some idea if LE is still pursuing the case and who they are pursuing.

Just the facts, ma'am. You're kidding; right, Joe Friday? I reported a conversation to Woodstock PD. Didn't even get an acknowledgement, much less "Thanks." My email contained information that had not yet been made public, but which has since been discussed ad nauseum here. I provided it so that LE could compare it with what I understood they had already been told.

... the questions asked regarding the trust that was set up, were valid questions, IMO. The responses from the admin stated anybody could see the terms of the trust, and it would be provided if asked. But, those who asked to see it, went unanswered. ... they shouldn't have offered to provide the info, and then basically look at the person who asked for the info like "how dare you", because that is exactly how it came across to me reading the posts. ...

You hit the nail on the head. IMO, it was quite unlikely that the terms of the trust were as described by KB on FB. It was probably a standard, boiler-plate trust agreement, granting very broad powers to the Trustees to use the money in any way they saw fit for finding Beth, and that's exactly as it should have been. I doubted that inspection, accounting, refunds, etc. were part of it, and they need not have been.

Transparency would have gone a long way toward raising more money.

OK I live in Woodstock, and this is just my humble opinion - and it is from years of various experiences watching court cases, watching and witnessing crimes, reading the newspaper etc etc and going to Coffee with the Chief--- It is my own sad opinion, and just an opinion..... many things go on here that are ......not taken seriously, brushed under the rug, ignored, or dropped the ball on. By LE, by court, by media. Kind of weird, we moved here over 20 years ago to get away from Cook county. Many times I feel like we jumped from the frying pan into the fire.
My years of various experiences and interactions within the county- - from other things they have read or seen or heard of (not just my experiences) and the also always call Illinois, This county, this town---- The Twilite Zone.
Some days I fear beth has fallen into some bad hole in the Twilite Zone. :-( It makes me so sad.
Yes I am an active member of our community, I do not mean I am not. I am a volunteer in many community and county organizations and functions. But even after all this time, I feel as if this is some kind of strange little corner of the world.
Sorry, I hope I do not offend other people who live here. And it is simply only MY opinion.
I do hope LE is working it behind the scenes and getting somewhere with the investigation and just choosing not to publicize it.
I do not know Beth, I do not know her family, I do not know her friends. But I AM part of this community and I DO care about my fellow people on this whole planet.

Oh and the fundraiser? I thought there was talk of a band and or maybe a dj, but, there was neither. There WAS door prizes, that was GREAT! and there was the silent auction. But I had heard (or maybe read, I do not remember) close to the last minute? that possibly the silent auction items MIGHT be used to continue the silent auction at some future date time fundraiser? (or maybe I misunderstood something?) BUT I know for myself that whole uncertainty made it a little more restricted on how much I might be willing to bid on items in the silent auction? I was sad, however that a few items in the silent auction had NO bids at the time I left the fundraiser to go home. :-(
In fairness, I did keep reminding myself this was simply ordinary people, most likely who had not done this type thing before, who were sad, upset, scared, grieving, etc and doing their best to do what might help. In light of that, I think it admirable they undertook this labor of love. It was a generous display of kindness and careing.

Oh and the fundraiser? I thought there was talk of a band and or maybe a dj, but, there was neither. There WAS door prizes, that was GREAT! and there was the silent auction. But I had heard (or maybe read, I do not remember) close to the last minute? that possibly the silent auction items MIGHT be used to continue the silent auction at some future date time fundraiser? (or maybe I misunderstood something?) BUT I know for myself that whole uncertainty made it a little more restricted on how much I might be willing to bid on items in the silent auction? I was sad, however that a few items in the silent auction had NO bids at the time I left the fundraiser to go home. :-(
In fairness, I did keep reminding myself this was simply ordinary people, most likely who had not done this type thing before, who were sad, upset, scared, grieving, etc and doing their best to do what might help. In light of that, I think it admirable they undertook this labor of love. It was a generous display of kindness and careing.

Out of curiosity , how many people were there?

I think the whole thing on FB, the questions and all about the trust, have made me reluctant to donate. There are a lot of people/causes wanting money and I like most try to be careful were it (my money) goes.

just saw on fb today that we have a 14 year old local girl missing - within an hour of reporting her missing, LE was looking at wal mart tapes and people are everywhere searching for her --- without "asking" i might add --- they sure acted quickly on this one --- why not for beth?

hoping they bring nicola hammond home and that beth comes home too!

Im going to guess that they will search for a minor before they search for an adult?
I am so bad at guessing how many people, but per my daughter, it was not as busy as the place usually is on other non fundraiser days?

just saw on fb today that we have a 14 year old local girl missing - within an hour of reporting her missing, LE was looking at wal mart tapes and people are everywhere searching for her --- without "asking" i might add --- they sure acted quickly on this one --- why not for beth?

hoping they bring nicola hammond home and that beth comes home too!

Age has a lot to do with it. If you follow other cases here on WS you will see that cases involving young children seem to attract the most attention as far as searching and media coverage.

JMO

Im going to guess that they will search for a minor before they search for an adult?
I am so bad at guessing how many people, but per my daughter, it was not as busy as the place usually is on other non fundraiser days?

I have to agree. It makes sense they would give a lot more effort towards finding a child.

I think the very unfortunate thing about Beth's particular case is, what is LE thinking after the way it went down?

I mean, JW tells them she dropped Beth off to meet a boyfriend. Beth is married. I know for a fact the LE got tons and tons of phone calls from people who knew JW and Beth. Can you just imagine all the info that was given to the LE? Just think of all the information we know today, all the secrets that were exposed, compared to the first week when Beth went missing.

I suspect LE's heads have to be spinning. They have to be thinking, ok, married woman, lots of boyfriends, she took off. But they also must have heard things about JW and her "alleged" lifestyle, so they have to be thinking, maybe there was foul play and her story is b.s. I think they don't know what to think but I am sure they are getting as much info as they can. I also believe there HAS TO BE more info on Beth's phone records that the LE has, but has not shared. There just has to be. Why are they silent? How can there not be one new thing to say? UGH!!!!!!! It makes me crazy.

I just believe that if Beth was a mother of three young children, and a sunday bible school teacher, a faithful and loving wife, who worked as a volunteer at a children's hospital, there would have been a search right away. I see cases like that all the time, I'm sure you do too wherever you live. There is a reason why Beth's case was not made that public, and next to no media coverage....unfortunately, I think it's because of all the information that has come out. It's just my opinion of course.

It's sad though, because Beth is a nice, friendly person, and she did a LOT for the people she loved. A lot of people benefited from Beth's generousity. She DESERVES for LE to do everything possible to find her, regardless of whatever personal choices she made in her life.

I asked the question up thread asking if anyone had heard from JW lately after her asking for questions to be Emailed to her. I didn't get any responses to that one.

So I'm wondering this, has anyone contacted LE to report what was discussed between themselves and JW? If so was LE interested in this information or not. This might give us some idea if LE is still pursuing the case and who they are pursuing.

I can't speak for reporting anything, but it was LE that requested the information be sent to them, this is why I posted to contact them directly.

FWIW it was not an Admin of the site that made this promise of sending out the agreement of the trust, it was someone who is working in SB office.

There were no admin involved in planning the fundraiser as well, and KB did post that it would be nice if they posted all the information about the fundraiser so JMO maybe admins have no idea what was raised or don't feel it is there place to post this since they had nothing to do with it.

FWIW it was not an Admin of the site that made this promise of sending out the agreement of the trust, it was someone who is working in SB office.

There were no admin involved in planning the fundraiser as well, and KB did post that it would be nice if they posted all the information about the fundraiser so JMO maybe admins have no idea what was raised or don't feel it is there place to post this since they had nothing to do with it.

How many people work in SB's office?

Didn't realize it was that big of practice. Doesn't list the staff on his website. Interesting info on his education, majors, teaching and involvement in college activities.

http://www.scottbentleylaw.com/DynamicAttorneys.shtml

. She DESERVES for LE to do everything possible to find her, regardless of whatever personal choices she made in her life.

respectfully snipped

This is soo true!! Regardless of her life style she deserves everything LE has to offer. This is what is hard for me to believe..that they assume she took off..with out one single shred of evidence to prove that. Sure its possible..but it is just as possible she met with foul play too. They owe it to her to investigate it fully! I hope they are and just not saying anything! JMO~

IDK if its related to Beth's case, but I hope so. Right after the request was made for any correspondence between Jenn and fb members, I was notified by facebook that my page had been accessed by an outside source and even told the time. Went on to tell me to change my password if this was not me accessing from a different computer. It wasnt me. I have corresponded with Jenn thru fb, but as another poster said, it was just the same old song and dance... no different info. However, this made me wonder if LE IS investigating... like I said.. I sure hope so. But it could be a coincidence too. I just dont see any other reason anyone would want to access my fb.

Really? IMO, regardless if the admin made the promise or not to provide the people WHO DONATED, the terms of the trust, it should be the admin's responsibility to ensure that the info posted was correct. If it was incorrectly stated, they should have made the correction. After all, it's not like they wouldn't have seen it, the way they police the posts & discussion boards constantly, deleting &/or ignoring any posts they don't approve of.

It's wonderful that people got together to put together a fundraiser. That is certainly a lot of work. Beth's family most definately deserved it. But to post information, that the terms of the trust would be provided to anybody that donated, and ask 7000+ people on FB to donate, and then treat them the way they have since a few have asked for the terms...that in my opinion is just wrong. Personally, I donated and would never request to see the terms, because it doesn't matter to me how the money was spent. But how many people now have asked how much was raised etc, and how many got answers, ZERO. Does it take 5 days to count the money?

I was at a BBQ last weekend that 2 off duty woodstock cops attended. I'm not sure how this works regarding the TOS. Maybe someone can help me out a bit. Unfortunatly what they said to me and another woman regarding the PD's opinion on the case and how it was headed was extremely disheartening. I'm willing to post the opinions they gave me but do I need to be verified? I also want to be respectful of any friends or family members who may be here. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221