Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Interesting article in the link, although I wish it had been reported somewhere other than the blog that has been so controversial. I wonder why a no show, especially if still working for the lawyer husband of BB?

Wow. Interesting article in the link, although I wish it had been reported somewhere other than the blog that has been so controversial. I wonder why a no show, especially if still working for the lawyer husband of BB?

It is my understanding a court appearance for a traffic ticket is not mandatory. Nor is the name thing. The name thing could be the simple difference between using a legal name on a DL and not yet having legally changed a former married name to back to a maiden name.

IMO what is of greater concern or curiousity is why has she never obtained a valid IL drivers license? I posted way back, according to the IL DMV one must have their out of state DL changed to an IL DL within 90 days of a permanent move. JW has been in IL far longer than 90 days.

What does this tell us about Beths case and how might it tie in with Beths case? It tells me, imo, JW loosely complies with the minor things of the law. Now is a DL a big thing? not necessarily but it is something she should have had time to take care of within the appx 2 years she has been living in IL. JW would not have been able to keep up the license plate tags or registration on the car -if it was in her name-without a valid IL license and having established residency in IL her California DL would have been considered invalid long before the expiration date on the CA license.

JMO

In most states you only have to show up for traffic court if you intend to contest the ticket. She didn't have a valid driver's license so there is not much to contest there.

I keep coming back to the family knowing something they are not sharing. I realize they are "victims" in this situations but they are not a victim like BB. Their silence still speaks volumes to me. Sorry.

All the "friends and associates" of BB's have had alot to say about JW. SB and family have not. SB would know JW better than any of the "friends". He works with her.

BB may very well be hiding out and JW not know where she is. If the story about being dropped off to meet someone is true... She may very well be around there.

I'm still wondering why BB wanted JW to move to IL. If you read all that has been said you would presume that BB has this large group of close friends and enormous social network, however she helps financially a friend (JW) move all the way from California to Il.? The move itself isn't cheap much less the setting up of housekeeping. I also find it hard to believe that, that amount of money is being spent and SB doesn't know it. We are not talking about a couple of hundred or a couple of thousand dollars.

I thing JW is BB's best-friend and I don't think all the rest of the "friends" knew BB as well as they thought or claimed. I wonder what happened a couple of years ago that precipitated BB moving JW to Il.

MOO.

It is my understanding a court appearance for a traffic ticket is not mandatory. Nor is the name thing. The name thing could be the simple difference between using a legal name on a DL and not yet having legally changed a former married name to back to a maiden name.

IMO what is of greater concern or curiousity is why has she never obtained a valid IL drivers license? I posted way back, according to the IL DMV one must have their out of state DL changed to an IL DL within 90 days of a permanent move. JW has been in IL far longer than 90 days.

What does this tell us about Beths case and how might it tie in with Beths case? It tells me, imo, JW loosely complies with the minor things of the law. Now is a DL a big thing? not necessarily but it is something she should have had time to take care of within the appx 2 years she has been living in IL. JW would not have been able to keep up the license plate tags or registration on the car -if it was in her name-without a valid IL license and having established residency in IL her California DL would have been considered invalid long before the expiration date on the CA license.

JMO

Sorry to quote myself but further thinking. The above, god forbid if JW was in an accident, with NO DL her auto insurance would be invalid. So for a long long time now, since 3 months after JW moved to IL she has been driving on an expired license. Depending on how long ago she started driving a car registered to BB - she really put BB at risk, financially IF she had an auto accident on that expired license. That tells ME JW had little concern for her friends welfare and well being. Even if the possible ramifications of driving on an expired license would have been financial to her friend, her friends family and children. It still demonstrated little concern because as an adult JW should know better about such things. Especially if she was entrusted with driving a vehicle owned by and registered by a friend. She was not careful enough about the driving.... even though the worst case scenario did not happen due to driving. But the worst case scenario has happened here, with JW's involvement, regarding a friend who is missing.

A car can be replaced, money can be replaced but JW took a chance driving that could have financially devistated BB and SB yet she did it anyway....... and now Beth is missing. :(

*shaking my head*

JMO

OK..I have been trying to think outside of the box..and this sounds CRAZY I know, but I will throw it out.. Could BB be in some trouble and be hiding out..but has been in touch with SB to let him know or maybe he was in on the plot and they can't let anyone else know. Maybe its big and LE knows why she is hiding out maybe from someone. That to me would explain the low reward and his not shouting for her return on every media outlet that would let him. I hope if LE "knows she is close to home and hiding out" they know why or have some facts to back that up if it is true. Those PO's could just be talking too. All JMO!!

Sorry if I missed this..Did anyone find out what the court date that BB missed was about?

OK..I have been trying to think outside of the box..and this sounds CRAZY I know, but I will throw it out.. Could BB be in some trouble and be hiding out..but has been in touch with SB to let him know or maybe he was in on the plot and they can't let anyone else know. Maybe its big and LE knows why she is hiding out maybe from someone. That to me would explain the low reward and his not shouting for her return on every media outlet that would let him. I hope if LE "knows she is close to home and hiding out" they know why or have some facts to back that up if it is true. Those PO's could just be talking too. All JMO!!

I don't think SB knows BB is ok..... he would not risk interfering with an open investigation.

The only way I would believe BB is 'hiding out' is if she knows she is in some trouble - legal trouble - which may involve both herself and SB IF it were found out. I do not believe she would 'hide out' from him solely based on his knowledge of her infidelity... because he already stated in a media article (paraphrased) if she did something wrong they will work it out. I see both of those scenarios as being very unlikely.

My bet is on she came to harm either with or surrouding events involving JW, RR and NR -or- someone she met while down south. I do not find it easy to believe BB would have driven 300 miles away to hook up with someone from up north. It just doesn't make sense. It would only make sense imo if Beth said she was going down south and never left the Woodstock area before meeting up with someone for the weekend and we know that is not possible because she was positively placed in Mt. Vernon the Sunday and weekend she went missing.

JMO

FWIW, I do not believe JW doesn't know who Beth was supposed to meet IF she was supposed to meet someone. I do believe it is possible JW was instructed by LE to say I don't know his name if that someone is being investigated by LE.

JMO

Sorry if I missed this..Did anyone find out what the court date that BB missed was about?

You did not miss it. I have not seen anyone post about it. The question was asked but not answered.

As for the not haveing to appear in court, I am not positive but I think if you do not appear then you MUST send a lawyer OR correct the reason for the ticket and give documentation to the court BEFORE the court date? Or plead guilty or whatever and pay the fees etc BEFORE the court date. The article suggested none of those thiings occured, so by default, I believe (but am not sure) she WAS expected to APPEAR in court that morning.

As for name changes, there are also rules/laws about name changes and how long you have to take care of that.... seems to me that name change, worng name, whatever, could be construed as misleading..misleading for traffic history, misleading for identity dureing an open investigation.... something........I mean I am pretty sure I cannot just go change my name back to my maiden name right now, whether I divorce or not without notifying secretary of state and social security etc? Maybe its just me but, it seems our names are our way of being identified in positive situations and less than positive situations and also in possible criminal situations etc. (I do not mean JW/JP is guilty of anything.. I just mean in an investigation where she is someone who is close to the entire thing....thats not a good time to be useing different names.)

Also I am not positive, but, my cousin once took my car without my permission, no drivers license, crashed it............and police gave me a choice- press charges against him for stealing my car- or me suffer consequences, and MY plates were suspended while it was all going on. (I did charge cousin with sstealing my car)
So-- my question now is, if BB is missing and the car is in HER name, how can she give JW/JP permission to use it/drive it?

and again just my thought, my opinion, it sure seems BB, JW/JP etc would KNOW these things, even if not working in a lawyers office but simp-ly becuz they are NOT such secret rules/laws etc.

MOO MOO Moo
PS my apologies if I posted something earlier that I shouldnt have or whatever, and thank you for taking care of it.

I don't think SB knows BB is ok..... he would not risk interfering with an open investigation.

The only way I would believe BB is 'hiding out' is if she knows she is in some trouble - legal trouble - which may involve both herself and SB IF it were found out. I do not believe she would 'hide out' from him solely based on his knowledge of her infidelity... because he already stated in a media article (paraphrased) if she did something wrong they will work it out. I see both of those scenarios as being very unlikely.

My bet is on she came to harm either with or surrouding events involving JW, RR and NR -or- someone she met while down south. I do not find it easy to believe BB would have driven 300 miles away to hook up with someone from up north. It just doesn't make sense. It would only make sense imo if Beth said she was going down south and never left the Woodstock area before meeting up with someone for the weekend and we know that is not possible because she was positively placed in Mt. Vernon the Sunday and weekend she went missing.

JMO

That is my personal opinion too..I have never thought she left to meet anyone. I think something terrible happened possibly an accident and she never left Mt. Vernon. JMO!! I was just thinking and trying to understand some of the elements in this case that frankly make no sense to me. I hope this is resolved soon for the sake of everyone in her family and the friends that are missing her!

As for the not haveing to appear in court, I am not positive but I think if you do not appear then you MUST send a lawyer OR correct the reason for the ticket and give documentation to the court BEFORE the court date? Or plead guilty or whatever and pay the fees etc BEFORE the court date. The article suggested none of those thiings occured, so by default, I believe (but am not sure) she WAS expected to APPEAR in court that morning.

As for name changes, there are also rules/laws about name changes and how long you have to take care of that.... seems to me that name change, worng name, whatever, could be construed as misleading..misleading for traffic history, misleading for identity dureing an open investigation.... something........I mean I am pretty sure I cannot just go change my name back to my maiden name right now, whether I divorce or not without notifying secretary of state and social security etc? Maybe its just me but, it seems our names are our way of being identified in positive situations and less than positive situations and also in possible criminal situations etc. (I do not mean JW/JP is guilty of anything.. I just mean in an investigation where she is someone who is close to the entire thing....thats not a good time to be useing different names.)

Also I am not positive, but, my cousin once took my car without my permission, no drivers license, crashed it............and police gave me a choice- press charges against him for stealing my car- or me suffer consequences, and MY plates were suspended while it was all going on. (I did charge cousin with sstealing my car)
So-- my question now is, if BB is missing and the car is in HER name, how can she give JW/JP permission to use it/drive it?

and again just my thought, my opinion, it sure seems BB, JW/JP etc would KNOW these things, even if not working in a lawyers office but simp-ly becuz they are NOT such secret rules/laws etc.

MOO MOO Moo
PS my apologies if I posted something earlier that I shouldnt have or whatever, and thank you for taking care of it.

I think you are right about the car stuff, but I don't know how actively LE is going to pursue an unpaid traffic ticket that someone doesn't pay or show up for court.

As for the name it could be the name on the ticket is her legal name but she goes by her maiden name even though she hasn't legally changed it yet. That is not at all uncommon.

I think you are right about the car stuff, but I don't know how actively LE is going to pursue an unpaid traffic ticket that someone doesn't pay or show up for court.

As for the name it could be the name on the ticket is her legal name but she goes by her maiden name even though she hasn't legally changed it yet. That is not at all uncommon.

IMO, Beth put the car in her name on purpose. Because she paid for it and could take it back from JW at any given time if need be. Also, if JW's license was invalid, you cannot get plates for a car and register it in your name (in IL) without a valid drivers license.

The Woodstock advocate link....very interesting indeed! IMO, JW gave the other last name, starting with a P, on PURPOSE. Why? Because she knew that all the Woodstock LE would know the name Jxxx Wxxxx, and that she's associated with Beth's disappearance. If your name is JW, then give the LE the name JW, don't give JP. Just another example of why JW is not credible. She has no problem telling lies. Well, to her, she'd probably think that wasn't considered a lie.

Just my opinion, I always have one.

IMO, Beth put the car in her name on purpose. Because she paid for it and could take it back from JW at any given time if need be. Also, if JW's license was invalid, you cannot get plates for a car and register it in your name (in IL) without a valid drivers license.

The Woodstock advocate link....very interesting indeed! IMO, JW gave the other last name, starting with a P, on PURPOSE. Why? Because she knew that all the Woodstock LE would know the name Jxxx Wxxxx, and that she's associated with Beth's disappearance. If your name is JW, then give the LE the name JW, don't give JP. Just another example of why JW is not credible. She has no problem telling lies. Well, to her, she'd probably think that wasn't considered a lie.

Just my opinion, I always have one.

She would have given her expired drivers license, no? So my understanding is the last name with P is her legal name no? :waitasec:

She would have given her expired drivers license, no? So my understanding is the last name with P is her legal name no? :waitasec:

Legal maybe?? But I believe W must be her legal and maiden name, because her siblings on FB have the last name ending W too. The P last name must have been her married name and perhaps she hasn't been divorced too long so her expired DL would reflect the P name. It's possible she legally changed it back to W since that's what she's using and that's what people call her by, but I think that license may just be old from when she was married. Make sense? Just guessing.:waitasec:

My thinking was along the lines of a divorce doesn't include a legal name change. Her married name may still be her legal name even if she no longer uses her married name.

I could be wrong, but I don't know that JW's current legal last name necessarily makes much difference unless we can tie it to her use of it in relation to a crime. Which we have not as of yet...... It is not like we have any proof she was purposely trying to deceive LE by the last name on her DL - as the blog might seem to indicate. A blog, is merely someones opinion..... it does not carry the same weight as a credbile local or national news source.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members