Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm thinking correctly, LE should have had probable cause to get a warrant for Beth's phone records to investigate SB's claim of the call Beth made to him at 4:15.

When a spouse goes missing the better half is always looked at as a suspect. JMO

In 1991, 5,745 women in the United States died as a result of homicide. Six in every 10 women who are victims of homicide were murdered by someone they knew. About half of these women were murdered by a spouse or someone with whom they had been intimate.

http://www.athealth.com/Consumer/disorders/DomViolFacts.html

IMO if Beth was murdered chances are good that she knew her killer and there is a better then 30% chance it was someone she was intimate with. (Intimate does not necessarily mean her husband)

(You ever wonder what LE would think if they ever did a forensic search of your personal computer? Some of the things I do Google search's for would surly raise some LE's eyebrow's if my wife ever went missing, God forbid. How would you ever explain that? LOL)

LE verified the 4:15 call early on. The info was in the earliest media reports. It was not verified, outside of a report on FB (which is not LE or a credible media source, no offense to FB........ ) where the call came from. FB is saying LE reported the 4:15 call from Beth came from Mt. Vernon, but we have not seen a statement from LE to support the location from where the 4:15 call came.

I too am leaning on a possible murder from someone Beth was intimate with, and not necessarily her DH.

JMO

I don't know if I believe the Podges Pizza report. Seems awfully odd this info would come out two months into the case when joining the FB group is not as difficult as registering at WS. Why is this just being posted now? The person who posted the info does not live in Mt. Vernon (according to his post) and is back home now in another state. He has tons of posts on FB, lots of games, and then nothing for 20 days during the time Beth went missing. Doesn't say what he was doing for those 20 days. What is his tie to the pizza place if he does not live in Illinois?

I need more info before I am going to believe a random posting on FB on a missing persons case 2 months after the fact.

JMO

Post on fb from SG. (Paraphrased) "Fuzz already knew info about the pizzzza-pie"

I guess that kinda confirms that the call took place. (maybe?)

and IMO maybe these officers/deputies thoughts & ideas shouldn't be expressed to anyone, outside of their need to know for their JOB requirements, for confidentiality reasons of an ongoing unsolved endangered missing person case, especially while possibly being under the influence of alcoholic beverages.

I'd be filing a report on this one, their opinions at a BBQ are not helping to find Beth, and my tax dollars are being wasted on LE that are not protecting ALL citizens.

One must keep in mind that these officers may have access to information that is not public knowledge that has led them to their opinions. I don't think it's fair to assume that they don't care about the BB case, or are not "protecting" her in a manner equal to all the other citizens of their community... based on their comments.

Secondly, as they were off duty at a private event... I would assume that they were answering from a civilian standpoint, and not an official one. Even though they are police officers, they are entitled to their own personal opinions, and those opinions do not necessarily determine their actions in an official capacity.

Regardless of their personal opinions, if they are told to go search somewhere or question someone, they do so. That's their job.

I don't know if I believe the Podges Pizza report. Seems awfully odd this info would come out two months into the case when joining the FB group is not as difficult as registering at WS. Why is this just being posted now? The person who posted the info does not live in Mt. Vernon (according to his post) and is back home now in another state. He has tons of posts on FB, lots of games, and then nothing for 20 days during the time Beth went missing. Doesn't say what he was doing for those 20 days. What is his tie to the pizza place if he does not live in Illinois?

I need more info before I am going to believe a random posting on FB on a missing persons case 2 months after the fact.

JMO

I found it odd, as well... and I found AGM's statement equally as odd...

"The pizza information was already known. The police had this information from the beginning"

Unless there is some reason I am not seeing for LE to ask that this be kept confidential... why have the folks in the know kept this under wraps from all those who are trying to help?

I thought they would say that she took off of her own free will. Merely based on her "lifestyle". I don't think they are taking it very seriously, JMO. I was thinking today, anybody who knows Beth knows she gets bored very fast. She cannot just sit at home. She went out almost every night. She constantly talked or texted on the phone. She had to see her friends a lot. She loved going to bars, concerts, all types of things. Even while she worked, she was playing farmville. So....how does she go into hiding, particularly "close to home", yet, nobody has seen her? She'd go out of her mind if she was hiding out and had to stay locked indoors so she wouldn't be spotted. I just don't buy it. Doesn't make sense. I'm not saying it can't be possible, anything is possible, but it sure doesn't make sense.

I don't think LE is making that decision based on her lifestyle. We have several factors to consider which may or may not be true, which make it more likely that she may have left, these all have been listed by posters before:

1. Financial Problems
2. Relationship Problems
3. The alluded to pregnancy
4. The alluded to substance abuse problems

If we imagine a scenario where all of these created the Perfect Storm, we can surmise that a person has a reason to leave. And that would explain LE's (perhaps) theory of the situation.

Post on fb from SG. (Paraphrased) "Fuzz already knew about info about the pizzzza-pie"

I guess that kinda confirms that the call took place.

Ok, presuming this happened and happened on Sunday, what are the hours of this pizza place? Their hours are not listed anywhere online. The 'non franchise' ( non pizza hut, dominoes, papa johns) usually open around 4, at least they do in my area. Do we know what time this pizzeria opens on Sundays? and what time was the pizza ordered?

Sorry to quote myself but further thinking. The above, god forbid if JW was in an accident, with NO DL her auto insurance would be invalid. So for a long long time now, since 3 months after JW moved to IL she has been driving on an expired license. Depending on how long ago she started driving a car registered to BB - she really put BB at risk, financially IF she had an auto accident on that expired license. That tells ME JW had little concern for her friends welfare and well being. Even if the possible ramifications of driving on an expired license would have been financial to her friend, her friends family and children. It still demonstrated little concern because as an adult JW should know better about such things. Especially if she was entrusted with driving a vehicle owned by and registered by a friend. She was not careful enough about the driving.... even though the worst case scenario did not happen due to driving. But the worst case scenario has happened here, with JW's involvement, regarding a friend who is missing.

A car can be replaced, money can be replaced but JW took a chance driving that could have financially devistated BB and SB yet she did it anyway....... and now Beth is missing. :(

*shaking my head*

JMO

Huh? Is it your position that a minor DL infraction could cause a financial devistation, and that is connected with BB's disappearance. Please explain.

"The pizza information was already known. The police had this information from the beginning"

Unless there is some reason I am not seeing for LE to ask that this be kept confidential... why have the folks in the know kept this under wraps from all those who are trying to help?

respectfully snipped. The only reason I can think of is the info on the Pizza place has little or no bearing on the case. If the call came in prior to the 4:15 call, which is reportedly the last call made from Beths cell phone if JW said it was a last minute decision for Beth to take the train...... then blowing off picking up a pizza might not sound so out of the oridinary. I'm not saying the train story is true, but in context the reason for blowing off picking up a pizza makes sense.

could have even been an error on the pizza place having pulled up an order from the previous day.

JMO
JMO

OK..I have been trying to think outside of the box..and this sounds CRAZY I know, but I will throw it out.. Could BB be in some trouble and be hiding out..but has been in touch with SB to let him know or maybe he was in on the plot and they can't let anyone else know. Maybe its big and LE knows why she is hiding out maybe from someone. That to me would explain the low reward and his not shouting for her return on every media outlet that would let him. I hope if LE "knows she is close to home and hiding out" they know why or have some facts to back that up if it is true. Those PO's could just be talking too. All JMO!!

I thought another reason that the reward was low and SB was being relatively quiet was because he believes there is a chance for her return and he wan't to make that return as easy as he can.

Of course with WS and FB, that return has become a little more daunting.

Ok, presuming this happened and happened on Sunday, what are the hours of this pizza place? Their hours are not listed anywhere online. The 'non franchise' ( non pizza hut, dominoes, papa johns) usually open around 4, at least they do in my area. Do we know what time this pizzeria opens on Sundays? and what time was the pizza ordered?

Maybe that is why in SG's post on fb she also states something about the timeline being "VERY" interesting. Maybe this call from Beth's phone to the pizza joint was made after the drop off time stated by JW? How interesting would that be?

Huh? Is it your position that a minor DL infraction could cause a financial devistation, and that is connected with BB's disappearance. Please explain.

I'll clarify. JW took great risks while driving unlicensed and uninsured in a car that did not belong to her. No valid license = no valid insurance. Had she been unfortunate enough to have an accident while driving without a license she would have been uninsured, leaving BB and SB footing the bill, possibly being sued since an unlicensed uninsured person was driving a car owned by the B's. IMO, it demonstrates the risks JW took with regards to her friendship with BB. JW did not apparently do this for a short amount of time. According to IL law (IL DMV website - previously linked) a new resident MUST get their DL transfered within 90 days. So since day 91 that JW has been living in IL she has been driving on an invalid drivers license. This was risk taking that was not just for a week or two until she could get to the DMV but far longer than a full year - depending upon when she move to IL and when BB purchased the car for JW.

JMO.

IMO, Beth put the car in her name on purpose. Because she paid for it and could take it back from JW at any given time if need be. Also, if JW's license was invalid, you cannot get plates for a car and register it in your name (in IL) without a valid drivers license.

The Woodstock advocate link....very interesting indeed! IMO, JW gave the other last name, starting with a P, on PURPOSE. Why? Because she knew that all the Woodstock LE would know the name Jxxx Wxxxx, and that she's associated with Beth's disappearance. If your name is JW, then give the LE the name JW, don't give JP. Just another example of why JW is not credible. She has no problem telling lies. Well, to her, she'd probably think that wasn't considered a lie.

Just my opinion, I always have one.

While I think the logic can work: If JW lies she is more likely to be involved in a criminal way, I also believe that: If JW lies, she could just be a liar and not have any pertainent information. The reason that I think this logical divide is important, is that the train story has some holes (and I don't mean holes, like it's a lie, I mean holes like if it's true our timeline expands greatly).

I thought another reason that the reward was low and SB was being relatively quiet was because he believes there is a chance for her return and he wan't to make that return as easy as he can.

If someone knows BB is alive and well, why woud it make it easier if the reward was low? Wouldn't the possibility of someone 'outing' Beths location be greater with an increased reward?

If someone had knowledge she was murdered, or an accident occured and someone was guilty of improper disposal of a corpse, wouldn't a higher reward be a greater incentive to report that info to LE. Especially if a potential tipster was concerned about their safety or the safety of their family if they reported such info?

IMO, the lack of a cry from SB for more media attention, or the lack of a request from LE for the publics assitance tells me LE and SB are happy with the progress of the investigation.

JMO

While I think the logic can work: If JW lies she is more likely to be involved in a criminal way, I also believe that: If JW lies, she could just be a liar and not have any pertainent information. The reason that I think this logical divide is important, is that the train story has some holes (and I don't mean holes, like it's a lie, I mean holes like if it's true our timeline expands greatly).

I think JW adjusts her story to try and close the holes in her story. Why did JW tell LE about the train if she was dropping Beth off to meet a boyfriend in the fist place, as she has now changed her story to? Was it she was thinking in the best interest of the family to lie to LE in her initial interview? If I'm getting questioned about my best friend that was just reported missing and I was the last person to see that person, I would not be lying to LE to save the family from humiliation. But that is just me and this is JMO.

BBM

If SB thinks that then why did he let the fundraiser continue?

I don't think LE is making that decision based on her lifestyle. We have several factors to consider which may or may not be true, which make it more likely that she may have left, these all have been listed by posters before:

1. Financial Problems
2. Relationship Problems
3. The alluded to pregnancy
4. The alluded to substance abuse problems

If we imagine a scenario where all of these created the Perfect Storm, we can surmise that a person has a reason to leave. And that would explain LE's (perhaps) theory of the situation.

I don't see why you would think that any of the 4 factors you listed would cause a person to consider abandoning their entire life?? People go through much worse than that and don't just walk away from everything they love. JMO

The explanation kinda goes like this. We all hope that Beth returns. There may be information from JW that helps the case (or not). LE might use the "pizza call" to requestion JW to garner more information. And JW might change "the story" and not give more useful information. And LE might have known about this 4 or 5 days after 5/23.

The reason that some posters have not divulged information, is that they want to give LE, a full opportunity to explore the situation and use their resources to develop more, and they have decided for SB's sake to allow that system to have a chance to work.

IMO, JW further took risks by agreeing to drop her friend off with a stranger? hundreds of miles away from home in an unfamiliar area. Supposedly without asking questions.

The ONLY logical scenario with this alleged friend Beth supposedly met is IF Beth had told JW she would be driving back with this friend and would see her when they got back. Yet, if that were the case WHY would JW not share that like she has shared every unflattering detail of her friends life?

All eyes are on JW - what incentive would JW have to further cover for Beth? That's a loaded question, because JW's livelyhood depended on BB. Could it be possible JW knows exactly where Beth is and 1)Has had enough of covering for Beth so she came clean to SB knowing if she did while Beth was off playing SB would not 'fire her' and leave her hanging? That might be a far stretch, and what are the consequences for JW IF Beth was found alive? Her friendship with Beth is ruined, but her relationship with SB is not fully impaired and perhaps JW leaves SBs law firm on decent terms with the understanding SB helps find JW employment elsewhere when JW parts ways with SB's firm. Maybe far stretched, but not unlikely. Especially if what was stated that Beth went out everynight..... Going out everynight with young children in the home is not typical behavior of a 40 something yr old mother of 3.

JMO

IMO, the lack of a cry from SB for more media attention, or the lack of a request from LE for the publics assitance tells me LE and SB are happy with the progress of the investigation.

JMO

I wouldn't characterize SB's feelings as happy, he would rather have Beth back. Sooner rather than later.

Was it she was thinking in the best interest of the family to lie to LE in her initial interview?

When a person is being interviewed by the police, my guess is that the last thing on their mind is that somebody's feelings might get hurt. It is more of a "how do I not end up in jail today, self affirmation."

I wouldn't characterize SB's feelings as happy, he would rather have Beth back. Sooner rather than later.

I thought about that after I posted. Happy is a poor choice of a word. Satisfied with how the investigation is progressing would be more appropriate. My apology for the poor choice of wording in my pp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove