Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you know she's okay, you don't run up the reward, because you are going to have to fork it over.

Respectfully, I offer the suggestion that the reward won't ever get big enough for someone with knowledge of a murder or concealment of a body to come forward.

I was told by a family friend of SB early this week that SB is happy with the work by Woodstock PD. If anyone is to be pleased, he's the one; so be it.

With a little disclaimer it can be assured that the reward money is not paid out to someone that simply comes along and says "Beth is living at such and such an address with her lover". That disclaimer would be the part that says "Which leads to the arrest and conviction of those involved". I'm sure you must remember hearing or reading this if you have looked at many cases. I don't think anyone is going to be arrested if Beth is found living voluntarily somewhere, be it with a man or not.

A fund raiser and trust was set up for what was mentioned if I remember correctly to increase the reward. There was a lot of screaming if you will to find out how much money was raised at the fund raiser and some about accounting of the trust. I think we will now hear some screaming on fb asking why the reward has not been raised. JMO

If you know she's okay, you don't run up the reward, because you are going to have to fork it over.

Respectfully, I offer the suggestion that the reward won't ever get big enough for someone with knowledge of a murder or concealment of a body to come forward.

I was told by a family friend of SB early this week that SB is happy with the work by Woodstock PD. If anyone is to be pleased, he's the one; so be it.

But if it were confirmed Beth was OK, there would no longer be a missing persons case and we could update the thread flag to read found safe. Beth is still missing so it remains unknown if she is ok or not.

It may be that SB wants desperately to believe Beth is ok, and is buying into LE's theory she left willingly...... but imo that would be foolish and I can not see a man so blind sided by love he would put his heart over his head and clear reasoning for the sake of his children. Parents just do not think like that.

JMO

With a little disclaimer it can be assured that the reward money is not paid out to someone that simply comes along and says "Beth is living at such and such an address with her lover". That disclaimer would be the part that says "Which leads to the arrest and conviction of those involved". I'm sure you must remember hearing or reading this if you have looked at many cases. I don't think anyone is going to be arrested if Beth is found living voluntarily somewhere, be it with a man or not.

A fund raiser and trust was set up for what was mentioned if I remember correctly to increase the reward. I seen it posted on fb that the figure in the trust might be as high as $35,000.00. There was a lot of screaming if you will to find out how much money was raised at the fund raiser and some about accounting of the trust. I think we will now hear some screaming on fb asking why the reward has not been raised. JMO

Link for the info stating the trust may be as high as 35,000?

BBM

If SB thinks that then why did he let the fundraiser continue?

Could money raised last Friday be used to fund a search trip to Las Vegas? Is anyone contacting Las Vegas Police to circulate Missing Person posters? Is anyone going there to search in person? How would you go about searching a place like Las Vegas for a single individual? Would it be easier to find a needle in a haystack?

Unless SB is lying about Beth calling him. It was SB that stated he heard from Beth at 4:15. Technically we haven't had any official statement from LE anyone has been ruled out, SB included - as far as I know. No media reports other than initial ones... so who knows.

Just speculating here.

JW and SB could be in cohorts with each other about the phone call if Beth's disappearance is a conspiracy. The call could have been planed ahead of time to be made from Beth's phone to SB. But why? If he was involved in Beth's disappearance in some fashion what good would this call do as far as taking the heat off of him?

Unless the call was really just to tell him the deed was done and to plan what would be said if and when questions were asked.

A question ... why would SB keep JW as an employee after discovering the lies and activities the two were involved in? This is by no means a stupid man, he's educated. He was either very tolerant of the activities of BB and her friends, or he simply didn't care anymore. To suggest he had no clue or awareness of his wife's activities is incomprehensible to me. JMHO

A fund raiser and trust was set up for what was mentioned if I remember correctly to increase the reward. I seen it posted on fb that the figure in the trust might be as high as $35,000.00. There was a lot of screaming if you will to find out how much money was raised at the fund raiser and some about accounting of the trust. I think we will now hear some screaming on fb asking why the reward has not been raised. JMO

Respectfully, Joe, I haven't read anywhere that the Reward is contingent upon "arrest and conviction." The blue Reward poster reads, "$5,000 Reward if you have information about (Beth)". Maybe it means, 'Locate Beth; collect $5,000.'

I think the $35,000 reference on FB was something like, "if 7,000 FB followers sent in $5 each, that would be $35,000." I have not read that the Trustee (SB) has said how much has been received or deposited into the bank account that is titled the "Find Beth Bentley Reward Fund" at CHASE Bank.

IDK about IL, but in Ga, you insure the vehicle, not the driver. If someone gets in an accident while driving your vehicle with permission, the insurance pays as usual. The person driving would be ticketed, and possibly your insurance company will exclude them from your policy. This is what happened to me when someone I allowed to drive my car got in an accident and their license was suspended. I didnt know it. The insurance paid and he was excluded from my policy.

Auto insurance policies do not cover unlicensed drivers. As an IL resident JW did not have a valid drivers license while driving BB's car according to IL law. Even if her CA license had not yet expired, it was not valid in IL after 90 days of moving to the state.

Link for the info stating the trust may be as high as 35,000?

I'm looking for the post. I have edited my original post up thread and will add the link if I do find it. Where it was stated on how much was in the trust I think it was one of GP's post that might of gotten wiped out like a lot of his posts but I could be wrong. There is another one of his post that he speculated on how much money could be raised and that might of been what I was thinking of too. This is on the page that is linked below a post from AMG if you read down from the beginning you will see no post from GP but in the post by AMG she addressed GP by starting her post "Hi Gus" and explains what the money will be used for but there is no longer any post earlier from him (GP).

I though I remember seeing yesterday or today that amount in the trust was $35,000.00. Does anyone else recall.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...619#!/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=303

Link to GP's blog about the trust: http://woodstockadvocate.blogspot.com/2010/07/trust-for-bentley-donations.html

JW has gotten 3 tickets in the Woodstock area on her Calif. D/L.
9/28/08 speeding; showed Calif. D/L. expiring 11/20/08
11/28/09 seatbelt (child). Calif. D/L had expired 11/20/09, but she did not get ticket for expired D/L; driving '97 silver Volvo.
6/23/10 1:17AM on U.S. 14 (by deputy). Driving w/o valid D/L. Calif. D/L had expired 11/20/09; driving '97 silver Volvo.

On first two tickets, last name is hyphenated: JAW-P
The June 2010 ticket was issued to JAP (not Wxxxx-P)
Same Calif. D/L number on all three tickets.
Q. How could D/L expire one year later?

this is likely something IL would have missed since the car was not registered in JW's name. If the car was in JW's name it would have had to be registered in IL with IL plates and tags.

I wonder what address JW gave to LE if her DL had a cali address. It could be one of those laws on the books which no one bothers with. Just because something is on the books as law, does not mean it is enforced. LE probably gave her a verbal warning telling her to make sure she got to the DMV to get an IL DL.

JMO

ETA: I wonder..... it kind of sounds like even though JW is living in IL she is trying not to establish residency here. If everything she has is in BB's name - it would be easy to keep from proving one has established residency in IL....

Does anyone know the pizza places hours?

tia

I thought another reason that the reward was low and SB was being relatively quiet was because he believes there is a chance for her return and he wan't to make that return as easy as he can.

Of course with WS and FB, that return has become a little more daunting.

Or SB like anyone put in this situation has to hold on to what little bit of "hope" he still has that she is out there. People often in this situation even they know in their heart how slim this can be; It is just too much to bare, the hope is what gets them through this transitional period of acceptance.
If anything the low reward in my opinion would have the opposite effect, surely if he truly, in his heart felt she was coming back, how would it look if she did and he only offered up $5000 for her return.

Maybe it is just as simple as the funds are not there to make it higher.. specially if BB lived beyond the means to support her good taste in things.

JMO of course

Does anyone know the pizza places hours?

tia

Tried calling no answer so I cannot verify..

Opp's, the business that I originally posted was a different down the street.

Or SB like anyone put in this situation has to hold on to what little bit of "hope" he still has that she is out there. People often in this situation even they know in their heart how slim this can be; It is just too much to bare, the hope is what gets them through this transitional period of acceptance.
If anything the low reward in my opinion would have the opposite effect, surely if he truly, in his heart felt she was coming back, how would it look if she did and he only offered up $5000 for her return.

Maybe it is just as simple as the funds are not there to make it higher.. specially if BB lived beyond the means to support her good taste in things.

JMO of course

But that is no excuse to not use the money raised in the trust or the fundraiser towards the reward. That money was not intended to catch up on bills or anything like that that Beth might of accrued if that is truly the case.

I'm looking for the post. I have edited my original post up thread and will add the link if I do find it. Where it was stated on how much was in the trust I think it was one of GP's post that might of gotten wiped out like a lot of his posts but I could be wrong. There is another one of his post that he speculated on how much money could be raised and that might of been what I was thinking of too. This is on the page that is linked below a post from AMG if you read down from the beginning you will see no post from GP but in the post by AMG she addressed GP by starting her post "Hi Gus" and explains what the money will be used for but there is no longer any post earlier from him (GP).

I though I remember seeing yesterday or today that amount in the trust was $35,000.00. Does anyone else recall.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...619#!/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=303

Link to GP's blog about the trust: http://woodstockadvocate.blogspot.com/2010/07/trust-for-bentley-donations.html

The trust does not have anywhere near 35,000, this was GP assuming that if all 7000 members of the FB page gave $5 each. To which KB replied in a perfect world wouldn't it be wonderful if that was the case, but it isn't.

The trust does not have anywhere near 35,000, this was GP assuming that if all 7000 members of the FB page gave $5 each. To which KB replied in a perfect world wouldn't it be wonderful if that was the case, but it isn't.

Thanks for the clarification. Since you know the trust does not have anywhere near $35,000, you must also have an idea of how much is actually there also. We know there is $4000.00 from the fund raiser IIRC.

Respectfully, Joe, I haven't read anywhere that the Reward is contingent upon "arrest and conviction." The blue Reward poster reads, "$5,000 Reward if you have information about (Beth)". Maybe it means, 'Locate Beth; collect $5,000.'

I think the $35,000 reference on FB was something like, "if 7,000 FB followers sent in $5 each, that would be $35,000." I have not read that the Trustee (SB) has said how much has been received or deposited into the bank account that is titled the "Find Beth Bentley Reward Fund" at CHASE Bank.

Do you realize that the trust that was set up at Chase and the fundraiser are two totally different things?

If you look at FB under discussions, KB gives that information on Thursday, 7/22, you can't miss it, it's a loooong rant. I personally found it quite amusing, how she back pedals, that she never asked everybody to donate because she only posted it on the wall, she did not send everyone a "message"

http://www.facebook.com/#topic_top

What I'm getting from that, is that people can donate direct to Chase, which is the trust set up for Beth, to find her. But apparantly, all the money that was raised at the rundraiser on the 16th was handed directly over to SB. Gary Castaldo said in the link below, the money will be turned directly over to SB.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=227

I hope that money helps the family come closer to finding out more about what happened to Beth.

JMO of course

Yes, true. However from my experience here at WS the families who post here says it is the not knowing that is the worst. I have to respectfully disagree with your POV on the reward amount. It has been my (WS)experience loved ones want answers and want to bring their loved one home most. Even with the worst case scenario it is better to properly lay their loved one to rest than having the extreme anxiety and roller coaster ride which occurs each time a body is located and awaiting answers is this my loved one? If not, some other family is going to have devistating news.

The not knowing, the imagination.... that imo is the worst.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member