Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at that house the other day, I took a few pics also. I looked everywhere, under the deck, around the pump, shed & septic tank. Only furniture we saw inside was a couch & tv

(Respectfully snipped off the links to the pictures)

Did you look inside the septic tank or just around it? Was the shed locked or could you look inside that? The house is up for sale, anyone snooping around would not look out of place. Don't be afraid to take a good look.

I get the feeling the crew that worked on this house are not professionals by the repairs done to that deck. I can only imagine what the quality of the repairs done to the rest of the house look like. JMO

Does anyone know if the flooring is new? And when it was installed? Or ordered? Is it off-the-shelf material, available from any flooring store on a walk-in, buy-it basis? Was it merely put down over the old flooring?

How about painting dates? Obviously, those who were there on the week-end of May 21-23 know the condition of the house, floors, painting. Anyone else?

Interesting fire pit. Looks like old building materials were burned there during the remodel some not completely. Great place to get rid of blood stained flooring, body ect. if anything did happen at that house. But that would mean a very violent murder something along the lines of a shooting, stabbing or dismembering a body and a clean up. Something everyone at the house at that time would have known about. Something like strangulation would not make a mess at all and would not require a great deal of cleaning, if any at all. JMO

I can think of a of case in Kansas City that if the husband had only strangled his wife he would most likely never have been caught. (Lucky he did not) Her cell phone was found in a park which gave probable cause to suspect foul play. Her body has yet to be found but her husband has been charged with first degree murder on the blood evidence found in the house. Very interesting reading about the case and especially the search warrants and what was found in the house. He did some really bizarre things while out on bail too if I remember correctly. He posted on a dating site just a month or so after his wife went missing and something having to do with stealing a gun from the neighbor. Take a look if you have some extra time to read.

Renee Pernice: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77529&highlight=kansas+city

Part 2: MO MO - Renee Pernice: Mom of 3, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - Part #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

TY Paschein. OT- but that is one of my pet cases. There is only so much room in my siggy line. Another is the Anna Christian Waters case which we have a spotlight forum for her at WS, but while Eric Gilford is still on the loose his 'mug' is there for now.

back on topic now...and off to finish reading.

Not to get too OT...

but I really can't believe Gilford hasn't been caught yet. He seems to be all but forgotten, at this point. The murder took place, literally, 1/2 a mile from my house.

I'm assuming he's in Canada... in which case, if the RMCP's handling of the McCann case, in the beginning, is any indication... they probably aren't even looking for him.

Not to get too OT...

but I really can't believe Gilford hasn't been caught yet. He seems to be all but forgotten, at this point. The murder took place, literally, 1/2 a mile from my house.

I'm assuming he's in Canada... in which case, if the RMCP's handling of the McCann case, in the beginning, is any indication... they probably aren't even looking for him.

There is a thread for Eric's case here.
Nationwide Manhunt On After Pregnant Woman Slain In Villa Pk IL - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I think he may have made it to Canada too. I was disappointed I never saw one story about Eric in any Canadian media.

(Respectfully snipped off the links to the pictures)

Did you look inside the septic tank or just around it? Was the shed locked or could you look inside that? The house is up for sale, anyone snooping around would not look out of place. Don't be afraid to take a good look.

I get the feeling the crew that worked on this house are not professionals by the repairs done to that deck. I can only imagine what the quality of the repairs done to the rest of the house look like. JMO

Interesting fire pit. Looks like old building materials were burned there during the remodel some not completely. Great place to get rid of blood stained flooring, body ect. if anything did happen at that house. But that would mean a very violent murder something along the lines of a shooting, stabbing or dismembering a body and a clean up. Something everyone at the house at that time would have known about. Something like strangulation would not make a mess at all and would not require a great deal of cleaning, if any at all. JMO

I can think of a of case in Kansas City that if the husband had only strangled his wife he would most likely never have been caught. (Lucky he did not) Her cell phone was found in a park which gave probable cause to suspect foul play. Her body has yet to be found but her husband has been charged with first degree murder on the blood evidence found in the house. Very interesting reading about the case and especially the search warrants and what was found in the house. He did some really bizarre things while out on bail too if I remember correctly. He posted on a dating site just a month or so after his wife went missing and something having to do with stealing a gun from the neighbor. Take a look if you have some extra time to read.

Renee Pernice: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77529&highlight=kansas+city

Part 2: MO MO - Renee Pernice: Mom of 3, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - Part #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I have been to this house as well, more than once. The answer to your questions is yes. We checked the septic tank and looked in the shed. Nothing at all in the shed and nothing that you can seen in the septic tank. As for the house, we have not been inside but through the windows you can see new flooring. In the burn pit there were pieces of wood trim and such. All around the pit there were cigarette butts, as if some people had gathered there, for a period of time. Party or something? There is nothing anywhere in the actual yard area that looks out of place. The rest of the property is woods and creek and rocky areas. I had posted this same info some time ago. Thanks

The address on the 2008 and 2009 tickets was the same Woodstock address.

A verbal warning on an expired Calif. D/L? I would hope not. Anyway, the officer could have checked and learned that a year before, when she got the 2008 ticket, she gave the same Woodstock address.

How would that qualify for a little "officer discretion" on a D/L violation? Within eight days, possibly. After 14 months, shouldn't happen!

In reality, it is at an officers discretion if they wish to issue a citation or not. Respectfully, I don't think it will help find Beth if we 'debate' whether or not the officer who issued JW a traffic citation issued the proper citation or should have issued additional citations. My point for discussing the traffic citations according to IL law was/is to demonstrate an example of JW's risk taking behavior when it came to potential concerns of someone she calls a best friend.

JMHO

If it is allowed...........Can you give directions to where this gate is at? I know the area and would like to see where this is. Thanks

General directions are ok. I don't want to an innocent persons address or name posted..... but if someone can say 5 miles south on X road or something like that, it is ok.

hth

Talk about the Pizzzza Pie is getting pretty interesting on fb.

KB says it was a well kept secret that LE did not want it to get out.

Maybe this new information that has come to light will make the case move forward in a hurry before the players have a chance to get out of town. JMO

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360#topic_top

I agree, now that the FB folks decided to leave the Podges Pizza info up and open to public view they might as well release the time that call was made so people quit pestering the poor owner of the Pizzeria. Why do people do that with the incessant phone calls? :banghead: :banghead:

JMO

In reality, it is at an officers discretion if they wish to issue a citation or not. Respectfully, I don't think it will help find Beth if we 'debate' whether or not the officer who issued JW a traffic citation issued the proper citation or should have issued additional citations. My point for discussing the traffic citations according to IL law was/is to demonstrate an example of JW's risk taking behavior when it came to potential concerns of someone she calls a best friend.

JMHO

The post also shows how some Woodstock LE let things "go".

General directions are ok. I don't want to an innocent persons address or name posted..... but if someone can say 5 miles south on X road or something like that, it is ok.

hth

Cubby Thank you.........I was not asking for a persons name or address, I just meant the name of a road and how far which direction from this already known location. There are pictures of this house posted here and IIRC the address has been as well, some time ago. I already know the exact address and location of this house and have been there as I stated. I was just meaning in the general area, no ones name or specific address.

The post also shows how some Woodstock LE let things "go".

Yes, it does. however there is a big difference between an officer assigned to traffic duty and a detective assigned to a missing persons case. OT a bit again, and refering back to John Spira's case, but for those who watched his case featured on the id discovery show 'Missing' ( i think the show is titled missing, I don't have cable and watched it at a friends) a lot of people have voiced a negative opinion on how Mark Edwalds with DuPage is leading the investigation. I did not agree with that POV when watching the show. I saw a man, who I thought was doing the best job he could. I have a lot of respect for him and have spoken with Commander Edwalds a few times regarding DuPage cases. I think people get frustrated when they don't get the results they want in the time they want. LE can only do so much. They can only work with what they have and can't pull the results people (in general not you Spymom) out of thin air.

JMO and I am now a Mark Edwalds fan. :)

Cubby

Cubby Thank you.........I was not asking for a persons name or address, I just meant the name of a road and how far which direction from this already known location. There are pictures of this house posted here and IIRC the address has been as well, some time ago. I already know the exact address and location of this house and have been there as I stated. I was just meaning in the general area, no ones name or specific address.

YW. My mistake I did not clarify. I thought you were asking for the info on the house where the fence and private property/ no trespassing sign were. I know the rehab house addy and such is linked as it is listed...... I was refering to maintaining the privacy of the owners of the property where the fence and no trespassing or private property sign were.
I should have been more clear. :)

Is it north, south, east, west from the RR house? If you know. How far from the house? Thanks

Is this even a house anyway?? or just land I see it is posted but had a feeling it was just rual property not a home. Or is this the road where the old trailer was that was deserted?

It wasn't very far from the verizon tower if that helps

I couldn't fall asleep last night, or this morning until after 4am thinking about Beths case. Too tired to post this in the wee hours of the morning so posting and thinking outloud now.

Here is what does not work for me with regards to JW's story; "Centralia".

1)If Beth met someone locally while in Mt. Vernon whether it be at the Frosty Mug, Rend Lake or around town, why drive Beth to Centralia to meet this person? A local would be familiar with the area and know how to find the rehab home. RR would have known about her meeting someone because he was likely there when and if she met a local, so there was no need to hide anything from RR.

2)If someone Beth met up north was willing to travel 300 miles to visit her why drive 95% of the way to meet her and not meet her at the rehab home? It makes no sense someone would drive (making up numbers) 300 miles of 315 miles and say you drive the last 15 miles to meet me. Looking at a map the rehab home does not look difficult to find. Heck, I drove myself with my then 33 month old child from the Chicago area to Fenton Mo, to meet a friend and her kids where I had to find a home on acres in the back woods on a one lane road. It is not difficult to do. Here again, there was no 'risk' involved in allowing someone to pick Beth up at the rehab home.

So WHY Centralia? Where does Centralia fit into this story? Why did JW use Centralia?

Here is another thought which occured to me while I was trying to make logical sense of "Centralia" -train or not -and could not sense of JW's story. If Beths phone records are really inaccesible or at least pinging and triangulating Beths phone is not possible, it sure is heck possible to ping JW's phone to confirm her story of events.

Two thoughts here. IMO, JW can say listen LE, you are wasting precious time here looking at ME as a possible person of interest in Beths disappearance. Let's not waste any more time on me; You have my permission to get my phone records and ping the location of my phone during the time I said I was taking Beth to meet someone in Centralia. I am where I said I was... what else do you need from me to rule me out? Because JW would be interested in LE focusing there investigation on the right track.

-Or-

We can assume LE is already doing this without making it public and without JW's cooperation. I'm willing to bet LE is investigating step by step the chain of events JW shared with them and I am sure LE has enough info to obtain a subpeona for those records from JW's cell provider. Especially in a case which is listed as an 'endangered' missing person.

JMHO

Is this even a house anyway?? or just land I see it is posted but had a feeling it was just rual property not a home. Or is this the road where the old trailer was that was deserted?

It wasn't very far from the verizon tower if that helps

I read it to mean how far was this property with the gate and no trespassing sign from the rehab house.

JMO

ETA: If there is an old trailer which has been deserted I sure hope LE checked it.

Something else I was thinking about in the wee hours of the morning regarding Beths case. I am about 80% at believing she is not in water. Based on some information I posted in thread 2 (which I will come back and link shortly) I believe if Beth was in water she would have surfaced by now. Especially with the warm weather and warm water temperatures. I could be wrong if Miller Lake or the surrounding lakes from the rehab home are spring fed and remain cold, but overall I believe Beth would have surfaced by now if she was dumped in a body of water.

It also occured to me it might be a greater risk to dispose of her remains in water based on the time of year - warmer water, more people fishing and boating equals a greater chance of someone getting tangled up on and pulling out Beths remains. Of course that is just my opinion based on the bit I have read about bodies surfacing in warm water and based on the info locals have shared about Miller and Rend lake.

JMO

ETA: Here is the link to the individual post with the information and link to info on water temperatures and number of days for bodies to surface.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IL IL - Bennedetta "Beth" Bentley, 41, Woodstock/Centralia 23 May 2010 - Part 2

Another thought. Do we know if the carpet in the rehab home was changed and where did they dispose of the old building materials for the work done at the rehab home?

Would they have burnt all of it or is there a local dump where they may have disposed of the materials and possibly Beths remains?

IMO, JW can say listen LE, you are wasting precious time here looking at ME as a possible person of interest in Beths disappearance. Let's not waste any more time on me; You have my permission to get my phone records and ping the location of my phone during the time I said I was taking Beth to meet someone in Centralia. I am where I said I was... what else do you need from me to rule me out? Because JW would be interested in LE focusing there investigation on the right track.

snipped and quoted by me for additional thoughts.

Regarding the timeline:

If the 4:15 call from BB to SB can be confirmed (which according to the FB group it has) as coming from the rehab home in Mt. Vernon AND JW's phone can be pinged or mapped along the route she alleges to have driven BB from Mt. Vernon to Centralia in the time she claims to have made that drive it would further corroborate JW's story. Then LE could breifly state to the media the investigation into the disappearance of Beth Bentley is ongoing but information we have uncovered has led us in another direction and we do not consider JW a person of interest in this case. Thus far LE has NOT made that statement and sometimes we have to look at what LE is NOT saying.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member