Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the rehab property is a poor location for a search for a body. Let's assume something happened in the house (I don't assume that, but o.k.). Any parties' first thought would be get it out and away from the house.

Some have suggested the burn pit as a possible disposal option. Not likely, the fire pit does not look big enough to do the job. Sure a small pit like that used carefully over a long period of time, but we have to assume that time was of the essence.

There is a creek that runs along the back of the house, it crosses Miller Road then connects with Miller Lake at its North End. If there is any spot to search there ... and I am maintaining that there is not, look across the street about 50 yards in on the creek bed. Don't bother going all the way to the lake (the body would be too exposed there, and too heavy to get all the way down to the lake).

Other than that I don't think the outside of the rehab house would be too profitable.

Another key spot in Centralia would be along the tracks from the station to where the tracks cross a creek (concentrating on mostly the wooded areas). Other than that I believe if you search you keep on running into "could be anywhere."

I believe that in any case we are trying to find something hidden by someone with time contraints and who would believe that LE are coming any minute (which narrows the possibilities considerably).

I agree about the rehab house it would be foolish move to do anything there.

JAL have you been to the rehab house? Knowing about the creek I mean this is the first I have heard of a creek across the property. Or anything running to Miller Lake. Interesting thought, do you know how deep this creek is? This would be an easy way to move a body floating without being noticed. Just wondering if this runs across the Horse stables too.

I think the whole Centrailia story is dead end, too much proof Beth was still in Mt Vernon beyond that window of time. That is what someone called 'slide of hand' an old magicians trick when they want to make something disappear they draw your attention to the other hand, in the opposite direction while they make it go poof where you last saw it.

I do agree about your time contraints.

Ah ha so your the one that kept me up to almost 4 am I was on that same wave length last night lol I couldn't sleep either. Excellent points, remember the "mystery man" that JW called on monday she also text him at 6:26 sunday evening. I did ask LE what about triangulating that text to see where JW was sunday at 6:26 pm. Thinking he could give permission and kind of back door without JW permission LOL of course he said things are not always as easy as they sound and laughed. JMO I am willing to bet they did do just that though :)

Ok, does this mean three of us were up until 4am this morning? wow, or was Karen' up late a different night?

Now you've peaked my curiousity about what the text from JW was about at 6:26 pm Sunday evening.

AGM has released the time the call to Podges was made in the confirmed timeline area at the FB group. 5:16pm.

I need to go back and see how long the drive is from the Mt. Vernon home to the Centralia Amtrak. Don't recall off the top of my head.

If the 6:26pm text is confirmed that might help JW's story- if she was on her way back from bringing BB somewhere. I don't know her so don't know if she would text another guy while she was with RR.

jmo

link to FB page with Pizzeria time info:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360#!/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=169

Tentative timeline for Sunday 5/23; For the time Beth went missing

4:15 - call from BB phone to SB (confirmed)
5:16 - call from BB phone to Podges Pizza - (male called - pizza never picked up)
6:26 - JW texts WI 'mystery man'.

I'm calling him WI mystery man - adding the WI so we can differentiate between an alleged male BB may have met and JW's other guy.

ETA: What is not confirmed, that I have found is where BB made the calls from on Sunday. Did she call from Mt. Vernon, or did she call from somewhere else? Can anyone confirm the calls made from Beths phone were in fact made while she was in Mt. Vernon?

tia

AGM just posted on FB that the phone number for Podge's Pizza was called from Beth's phone at 5:16 (PM on Sunday, May 23).

Well, that certainly blows the Centralia and near-the-train story. If Beth talked to Scott at 4:15 and her phone was used to order a pizza at 5:16 (even if a male voice ordered the pizza), most likely, Beth expected to be eating a pizza in about 30-45 minutes, or 6:00PM. So, I say something happened around 5:30PM.

Now what could that have been? Something sudden? Unplanned? Permanent?

I'm still 'lost' on the Centralia thing..... and it all goes back to why would someone from up north or even the local area go so far away from 57 towards Centralia, when the rehab home is clearly closer to 57. :waitasec: :banghead:

and where does the 6:26 Text from JW to the WI mystery man fit into this.

Pizza is not picked up.
There is an hour window between Beths call to SB and the call to order the pizza.

Was the Rend Lake trip Fri or Sat?

.......... need to check something. More to be added...........

Never mind. I thought there was info confirmed from a source other than JW and I was incorrect.

... I'm willing to bet LE is investigating step by step the chain of events JW shared with them and I am sure LE has enough info to obtain a subpeona for those records from JW's cell provider. Especially in a case which is listed as an 'endangered' missing person. ...

Here's a general definition of "endangered" from Woodstock P.D. for "a" missing person case (not necessarily this case): "In a missing person case the definition of 'Endangered' means - a person who is missing under circumstances indicating that his/her physical safety may be in danger."

On June 9th Woodstock P.D. placed a notice on its webpage that identitied Beth as a "Missing Adult - Endangered."

Thinking further about Woodstock PD's statement that she is a missing person (only) and no foul play is suspected, then why did they declare her "endangered" on June 9?

Here's a general definition of "endangered" from Woodstock P.D. for "a" missing person case (not necessarily this case): "In a missing person case the definition of 'Endangered' means - a person who is missing under circumstances indicating that his/her physical safety may be in danger."

On June 9th Woodstock P.D. placed a notice on its webpage that identitied Beth as a "Missing Adult - Endangered."

Thinking further about Woodstock PD's statement that she is a missing person (only) and no foul play is suspected, then why did they declare her "endangered" on June 9?

Do you have a link for the Woodstock PD statement that no foul play is suspected? Or where you refering to the statement made by the two off duty Woodstock PD made at the BBQ?

tia

Paschein, can you share anything about the 6:26pm text from JW to the WI mystery man? I know that fits in, but you are right, depending on where the text was made from it could both help to corroborate JW's story or it could be an attempt to form an alibi of some kind the evening of the 23rd.

Oh is this case confusing!

Beth where are you? If you are ok somewhere call 911. Tell LE you are OK and missing of your own accord and do not wish to be found. If you are not OK give us a sign so we can find you!

AGM just posted on FB that the phone number for Podge's Pizza was called from Beth's phone at 5:16 (PM on Sunday, May 23).

Well, that certainly blows the Centralia and near-the-train story. If Beth talked to Scott at 4:15 and her phone was used to order a pizza at 5:16 (even if a male voice ordered the pizza), most likely, Beth expected to be eating a pizza in about 30-45 minutes, or 6:00PM. So, I say something happened around 5:30PM.

Now what could that have been? Something sudden? Unplanned? Permanent?

Somebody snapped maybe in the car on the way to get pizza.. I have a very detailed theory in mind

Paschein, can you share anything about the 6:26pm text from JW to the WI mystery man? I know that fits in, but you are right, depending on where the text was made from it could both help to corroborate JW's story or it could be an attempt to form an alibi of some kind the evening of the 23rd.

Beth where are you? If you are ok somewhere call 911. Tell LE you are OK and missing of your own accord and do not wish to be found. If you are not OK give us a sign so we can find you!

The 6:26 PM call was on MONDAY on the trip back to Woodstock from Mt.Vernon. I will have to find this in a post, but I am sure that is when it was . Now I am hearing there was a call on Sunday at 6 :26? I don't know about that call. I will see if I can find that anywhere.

way he told me he had text her a few times over the weekend she never replied. Then sunday he text her something to the effect what's up you give me a hard time then never answer me JW replies at 6:26 WTF!!! u have no clue!!!

To me this has always made me feel like she was very stressed when she text him, say if something had happen to BB and she was kind of freaking out then he sends this text giving her a hard time for not answering and she sending this back as if.. if you only knew what just happen you have no clue. Of course that part is JMO He did text back no clue about what? she never replied to that text.

Tentative timeline for Sunday 5/23; For the time Beth went missing

4:15 - call from BB phone to SB (confirmed)
5:16 - call from BB phone to Podges Pizza - (male called - pizza never picked up)
6:26 - JW texts WI 'mystery man'.

I'm calling him WI mystery man - adding the WI so we can differentiate between an alleged male BB may have met and JW's other guy.

ETA: What is not confirmed, that I have found is where BB made the calls from on Sunday. Did she call from Mt. Vernon, or did she call from somewhere else? Can anyone confirm the calls made from Beths phone were in fact made while she was in Mt. Vernon?

tia

Cubby.....It was posted on FB confirmed timelines tab by AGM. They were at the lake Saturday and the call at 4:15 was on Sunday from Mt.Vernon.

The 6:26 PM call was on MONDAY on the trip back to Woodstock from Mt.Vernon. I will have to find this in a post, but I am sure that is when it was .

the text was 6:26 Sunday 23

the call on the drive was 3:05 Monday 24

I can also verify being told it was 4:15 from the Mt Vernon house as fact.

LE have never gone on record as stating no foul play, they did say the train story couldn't be verified by amtrak that she was on the train. But that they were looking at other options, foul play, or leaving on her own. This is paraphrased not direct quote.

yes I reported it and they have spoke with WI man

carrying forward

Timeline for Sunday 5/23; For the time Beth went missing

4:15 - call from BB phone to SB (confirmed from MTV)
6:26 - JW texts WI 'mystery man'. " WTF!! u have no clue!!! "

FWIW, I would like to start here and work our way outward.....

Timeline (confirmed by AGM)
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=169

Rend Lake was Saturday

Sunday, 4:15 call to SB from BB.
no mention of train, just she would be home late Sun. or early Mon.
Sunday, 5:16 call to Podges Pizza from BB phone
Sunday, pizza never picked up
Sunday, JW states she dropped BB off at train station. JW changes time, location, and reason for drop off.
JW states she lied to "protect" BB and she (BB) was meeting a man, that she has no idea who it was, and didn't think to ask.
JW stated she dropped BB off in front of a popular eating establishment at the dinner hour (between 5-7 window). Not a single person has stated they saw BB.(keep in mind the mini skirt, *advertiser censored*, blonde hair, "busy" patterned overnight bag, large white, designer purse, exiting a white rental car)
JW has not stated if BB was going to be driven home by the mystery man, driven back to the rehab house by the mystery man, needed to be picked later up by JW or anyone else staying at the rehab house.
BB plans a hook up on the Sunday night, hours before she has to drive home after a weekend of bars (Frosty Mug), boating (Rend Lake) and partying?
Sunday, BB doesn't return home. No further activity on cell phone or credit cards (that we know of)

This case is unusual indeed, in that information is so slow in being released. One can only hope, as Cubby states, they are holding everything close to the vest.

Somebody snapped maybe in the car on the way to get pizza.. I have a very detailed theory in mind

Viable theory. Also viable it was only JW and BB in the car which could explain why there is so little discussion on RR and NR. Possible RR and NR weren't even around when something happened, if something happened, and JW returned without BB and without dinner....... .

just thinking outloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member