Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this even a house anyway?? or just land I see it is posted but had a feeling it was just rual property not a home. Or is this the road where the old trailer was that was deserted?

It wasn't very far from the verizon tower if that helps

Yes Paschein, it is a house. There is 4 acres with the property according to the real estate listing. The yard itself is maybe half an acre, the rest is just woods and trees. It is not all cleared, or mowed land.

As for the trailer you are refering to, I don't know where that is. I do know where the cell tower is and it is probably a mile, maybe mile and a half north of the house. It is north of the north tip of the lake.

Can anyone tell me about this deserted trailer? I have never heard this and am very interested.

I have read a lot of speculation as to what the story is surrounding rental cars, Wisconsin alibis and hiding BB car but if i recall correctly, didn't SB make a statement to the public that BB told him she was renting the car, that they were going to MTV? This thread is very long, and it may have been posted a long time ago. I am trying to sort out truth of what BB actually told SB about the trip.

tia

Hmm

I think the rehab property is a poor location for a search for a body. Let's assume something happened in the house (I don't assume that, but o.k.). Any parties' first thought would be get it out and away from the house.

Some have suggested the burn pit as a possible disposal option. Not likely, the fire pit does not look big enough to do the job. Sure a small pit like that used carefully over a long period of time, but we have to assume that time was of the essence.

There is a creek that runs along the back of the house, it crosses Miller Road then connects with Miller Lake at its North End. If there is any spot to search there ... and I am maintaining that there is not, look across the street about 50 yards in on the creek bed. Don't bother going all the way to the lake (the body would be too exposed there, and too heavy to get all the way down to the lake).

Other than that I don't think the outside of the rehab house would be too profitable.

Another key spot in Centralia would be along the tracks from the station to where the tracks cross a creek (concentrating on mostly the wooded areas). Other than that I believe if you search you keep on running into "could be anywhere."

I believe that in any case we are trying to find something hidden by someone with time contraints and who would believe that LE are coming any minute (which narrows the possibilities considerably).

Cubby,

Are you sure that LE can back ping a phone if it didn't make any calls.

Hmm, I don't believe there was any conversation BB to SB about renting a car.

iirc jw told the mystery guy that she (jw) was going to wi to see her dying grandmother, and that rr was going to get his stuff in woodstock because they (jw & rr) had broken-up. i have not read anywhere what bb told sb about this "trip" being in wi... IF bb had told sb that they were going to wi, well, that would be pretty interesting...is there a link for this anywhere? i would like to read it :)

I think the rehab property is a poor location for a search for a body. Let's assume something happened in the house (I don't assume that, but o.k.). Any parties' first thought would be get it out and away from the house.

Some have suggested the burn pit as a possible disposal option. Not likely, the fire pit does not look big enough to do the job. Sure a small pit like that used carefully over a long period of time, but we have to assume that time was of the essence.

There is a creek that runs along the back of the house, it crosses Miller Road then connects with Miller Lake at its North End. If there is any spot to search there ... and I am maintaining that there is not, look across the street about 50 yards in on the creek bed. Don't bother going all the way to the lake (the body would be too exposed there, and too heavy to get all the way down to the lake).

Other than that I don't think the outside of the rehab house would be too profitable.

Another key spot in Centralia would be along the tracks from the station to where the tracks cross a creek (concentrating on mostly the wooded areas). Other than that I believe if you search you keep on running into "could be anywhere."

I believe that in any case we are trying to find something hidden by someone with time contraints and who would believe that LE are coming any minute (which narrows the possibilities considerably).

Good points. I agree regarding the fire pit. there have been a few cases that did not work... one, and I can't recall where but some guy tried to cook his ex's remains in some kind of BBQ on his balcony over a period of days. It didn't work. (can't recall the case but it was somewhere here at WS). The other was Corporal Cesar Laurean the ex marine who murdered pregnant Maria Lauterbach. Didn't work and they found her remains in his back yard fire pit after he fled to Mexico.

TY for your input on idea's which come to mind for you on where to search.

ETA: and it was an apartment balcony too, with neighbors adjoining balconies close by. talk about a doozy. He was inviting his friends for BBQ dinners for days before LE caught him.

Cubby,

Are you sure that LE can back ping a phone if it didn't make any calls.

I do not know for sure. I do know there is a lot of discussion on ping maps somewhere in the Caylee Anthony forum. Many maps posted somewhere in that forum as we had some fantastic sleuths who knew their ping info. I did not follow the case closely because with the 600,000 or so posts in that forum it is just too much to keep up with.

I'm sure we can find more specific info regarding that question somewhere within the Caylee Anthony forum as we have time. I just don't right now but will try before the weekend is up unless someone here beats me to it.

hth

Grrrr computers! I'll try this again.
Just a couple of thoughts. IF BB remains are found in the MV area, it's safe to assume JW, RR, and possibly NR bear responsibility in this case. How would the "mystery man" know to dispose in the area BB was coming FROM, when she was dropped off to meet up in Centralia? If you want to remove yourself away from the scene of the crime, what better way than the train story or the mystery man? If remains are found in Centralia, this story makes sense. You have the invented "mystery man" who is the criminal. You can't report who he is, because ... well, never thought to ask who he was.
You can also bet the players in this case are watching this forum. I hope evidence wasn't moved or tampered with.
The search party has all but evaporated. It can't be considered a homicide case with no evidence, and you can't find evidence without a search.

Karen, I agree except for the search party has all but evaporated.
I think LE is playing this one extremely close to the vest.

JMO

Karen, I agree except for the search party has all but evaporated.
I think LE is playing this one extremely close to the vest.

JMO

I sure hope so Cubby, the case will only get harder as more time passes, forensically speaking ...

I agree Karen,

The "mystery man" or "mystery date" sure throws a loop into this. While we are not privy to all the facts, I can't help but think a way exists for LE to trace all incoming and outgoing communication off of Beths phone.

Remember, JW said whomever called Beth called on Sunday.... and it would almost be logical sense that an incoming call/text from the mystery man would have come in close to the time JW alleges BB asked her to be dropped off at the train station.

Technically if the 'mystery man' is someone from up north he would have likely called when he had left or about the time he left northern IL and then again when he was closer to Centralia letting BB know to come meet him.

There has to be a way to track the text messages, because if not there would be no need for the druggies and gang bangers to use disposable phones.

I sure wish we would find Beth. My heart is breaking for her family and children.

I agree Karen,

The "mystery man" or "mystery date" sure throws a loop into this. While we are not privy to all the facts, I can't help but think a way exists for LE to trace all incoming and outgoing communication off of Beths phone.

Remember, JW said whomever called Beth called on Sunday.... and it would almost be logical sense that an incoming call/text from the mystery man would have come in close to the time JW alleges BB asked her to be dropped off at the train station.

Technically if the 'mystery man' is someone from up north he would have likely called when he had left or about the time he left northern IL and then again when he was closer to Centralia letting BB know to come meet him.

There has to be a way to track the text messages, because if not there would be no need for the druggies and gang bangers to use disposable phones.

I sure wish we would find Beth. My heart is breaking for her family and children.

Cubby, the way you were thinking about this in the wee hours? I have been too, and the story of JW dropping off BB in Centralia has never sat right with me. From the get go, it sounded tacked on. First the train, then it's not to catch the train, but a hook up. No name given for the mystery man, and not asking or knowing who he is, another fabrication IMO. Why? Because let's say BB is now found in Centralia, they are now going to be chasing some unknown male, with no description to go on. Or so JW, and RR think.
Of course, if she's alive and well (I hope) and hiding, you have to wonder why JW would continue to lie to cover for her friend, and taking all this "heat".

Grrrr computers! I'll try this again.
Just a couple of thoughts. IF BB remains are found in the MV area, it's safe to assume JW, RR, and possibly NR bear responsibility in this case. How would the "mystery man" know to dispose in the area BB was coming FROM, when she was dropped off to meet up in Centralia? ...

Will there be some confusion about the "mystery" man?

I think the initial reference to a mystery man was the man who called JW while she was driving back on Monday - the one who thought she had gone to Wisconsin until JW said she was lost and on I-57, and he knew I-57 was in Illinois, not in Wisconsin.

Should he hereafter be referred to the "mystery caller"? And the supposed one in Centralia hereafter called the "mystery man"?

Thoughts, anyone?

Yes Paschein, it is a house. There is 4 acres with the property according to the real estate listing. The yard itself is maybe half an acre, the rest is just woods and trees. It is not all cleared, or mowed land.

As for the trailer you are refering to, I don't know where that is. I do know where the cell tower is and it is probably a mile, maybe mile and a half north of the house. It is north of the north tip of the lake.

Can anyone tell me about this deserted trailer? I have never heard this and am very interested.

Snow I was taking about the gate road you were asking about not R house.

The gate pic that SD took, you ask which direction is was from the R house it is North east of there off of Beale street. That gate is off of East Lake Estates I think if you drive back down that road there is some large nasty oil tanks with like a mote of nasty oily water around them and a old deserted trailer is there I see a old green blazer or truck, maybe a jeep I think, it almost blends into the trees it is the same color of the green leaves but I can just see the outline of a truck.
I don't think anyone lives here is maybe just a deserted place someone once stayed there. There is tall grass like nobody has cared for it.

Will there be some confusion about the "mystery" man?

I think the initial reference to a mystery man was the man who called JW while she was driving back on Monday - the one who thought she had gone to Wisconsin until JW said she was lost and on I-57, and he knew I-57 was in Illinois, not in Wisconsin.

Should he hereafter be referred to the "mystery caller"? And the supposed one in Centralia hereafter called the "mystery man"?

Thoughts, anyone?

Hadn't thought of that maybe WI mystery man and Mystery date? Mystery caller works for me. Whatever the group decides.

I couldn't fall asleep last night, or this morning until after 4am thinking about Beths case. Too tired to post this in the wee hours of the morning so posting and thinking outloud now.

Here is what does not work for me with regards to JW's story; "Centralia".

1)If Beth met someone locally while in Mt. Vernon whether it be at the Frosty Mug, Rend Lake or around town, why drive Beth to Centralia to meet this person? A local would be familiar with the area and know how to find the rehab home. RR would have known about her meeting someone because he was likely there when and if she met a local, so there was no need to hide anything from RR.

2)If someone Beth met up north was willing to travel 300 miles to visit her why drive 95% of the way to meet her and not meet her at the rehab home? It makes no sense someone would drive (making up numbers) 300 miles of 315 miles and say you drive the last 15 miles to meet me. Looking at a map the rehab home does not look difficult to find. Heck, I drove myself with my then 33 month old child from the Chicago area to Fenton Mo, to meet a friend and her kids where I had to find a home on acres in the back woods on a one lane road. It is not difficult to do. Here again, there was no 'risk' involved in allowing someone to pick Beth up at the rehab home.

So WHY Centralia? Where does Centralia fit into this story? Why did JW use Centralia?

Here is another thought which occured to me while I was trying to make logical sense of "Centralia" -train or not -and could not sense of JW's story. If Beths phone records are really inaccesible or at least pinging and triangulating Beths phone is not possible, it sure is heck possible to ping JW's phone to confirm her story of events.

Two thoughts here. IMO, JW can say listen LE, you are wasting precious time here looking at ME as a possible person of interest in Beths disappearance. Let's not waste any more time on me; You have my permission to get my phone records and ping the location of my phone during the time I said I was taking Beth to meet someone in Centralia. I am where I said I was... what else do you need from me to rule me out? Because JW would be interested in LE focusing there investigation on the right track.

-Or-

We can assume LE is already doing this without making it public and without JW's cooperation. I'm willing to bet LE is investigating step by step the chain of events JW shared with them and I am sure LE has enough info to obtain a subpeona for those records from JW's cell provider. Especially in a case which is listed as an 'endangered' missing person.

JMHO

Ah ha so your the one that kept me up to almost 4 am I was on that same wave length last night lol I couldn't sleep either. Excellent points, remember the "mystery man" that JW called on monday she also text him at 6:26 sunday evening. I did ask LE what about triangulating that text to see where JW was sunday at 6:26 pm. Thinking he could give permission and kind of back door without JW permission LOL of course he said things are not always as easy as they sound and laughed. JMO I am willing to bet they did do just that though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crochet Junkie