Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I have invited you before, Schwabie.

It must just be your imagination, Just another Lawyer, unless you're talking about that 'lil conversation we might have had over at Gus's by the gumball machine. Boy that was one heck of a fund raiser!!!

Thank goodness all Beth's Best Friends helped with the crowds!

Respectfully, nice thinking, t93, but I think there are only ten community property states in the U.S., and Illinois isn't one of them: Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin.

FYI, yes, TX is a community property state, however, inheritances are exempt.

Respectfully, nice thinking, t93, but I think there are only ten community property states in the U.S., and Illinois isn't one of them: Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin.

TY. I wasn't sure if Illinois was, never had a reason to look into it. Even less reason to think that an inheritance could have anything to do with her disappearance, I would guess. She can take her money, hire a nanny for her kid(therefore not having to remain with SB for free sitting), still divorce, no consequences.

That is, if the theory is that BB got word gf died, or that somehow she came into big bucks via gf and left everyone behind to spend freely, I don't know if that works. A paper trail would still exist, if she came into a large amount of money she would have to do everything legally, with her legal name, Bennedetta Bentley.

If it explains why SB put up with her spending, that I will buy. However I do not feel he knew the extent of the debts or what she did while away from him, so I seriously doubt that money was his primary motivator. He seems to have not known she was cheating or spending(allegedly), by all reports from those who know him.

I took your theory and made a guess. I respect your theory, and I have a different one. While I root for my theory, yours could just as easily be correct.

That doesn't mean I diss your theory, if I can help, i will.

BBM, "root" for a theory? Why 'root' for a theory? I 'root' for a ball team, but when it comes to missing persons cases, no stone left unturned.
WS is about no stone left unturned. Fact finding, uncovering the truth, and most importantly bringing Beth home to her family.

Where is Beth?

My source is a friend of BB, but not involved in the case.

She tells me that BB told her as long as 10 years back that her maternal grandfather (she doesn't know name) was a multi-millionaire, and that she (BB) expected to inherit a lot of money. She apparently spoke about it many times.

It seems possible that financial independence--actually great wealth--might affect BB's motivations.

QUOTE]

bb already lead a charmed life - much more charmed than anyone i know - what diff would it make if she was gonna inheirit anything - she already had anything and everything she needed and/or wanted - except perhaps for happiness - thus the straying and the lying - i've been there and done that - whoever posted the theory about NR in the car after the pizza call prolly has it as close to explaining as it can be - she met with foul play - i'm relatively sure of it -

i'm just so bothered by ppl who keep posting and e-mailing about specific places to search - why do that? unless u know where she is?!!!! and then - why not just put a stop to this? MOO

connerzgram, I can't speak for everyone but when we, including myself, have suggested area's to search it is because there is no organized search planned. The enormity of the area and resources financially and time wise with LE is limited. They will not set up a search until they have evidence indicating where to start. We don't have that yet, so we are tossing out idea's based on our own speculation and theory, along with the facts we know about how close victims are often found to where they were last seen, when stranger abduction is not involved. We have no evidence to believe Beth was taken by a stranger.

Area's surrounding the home have been suggested. The route between the rehab home and the pizzeria has been suggested. They are a start until they are ruled out.

hth, jmo

........ You know how there are those places down under ledges or sharp cracks or a lot of bramble, those are the places I am talking about (you know).

Also we are so close to the time that I would look for places where the bramble was moved around.

Have you had much rain down there?
snipped

I don't know the places you describe with the description of ledges, cracks & bramble (??). We really don't know what you're talking about, or what time the bramble would be moved around (cut, harvested, moved from/to???). There's been alot of rain everywhere, MtV is expecting scattered thunderstorms tomorrow.
http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Mount+Vernon+IL+62864
Have you been to MtV lately, JAL?? Sounds like you know the area very well. Ever gone boating down there? It sure is a beautiful area, almost God's country.

I had heard that a guy used BB's cell to order pizza later that Sunday night......so? where was BB when this happened? And why do ppl say her last phone call was to SB at 4:15? The pizza place says the pizza never got picked up.

the reason it was stated 4:15 was the last call is because LE didn't want the other information released to the public because of the investigation.

IMO one reason LE may not have yet named this a criminal investigation is because they don't want to tip off the perp(s). Does not mean they are not currently investigating Beths disappearance as a criminal case solely because they have not said so publically.

jmo

LE have a little more leeway as a missing case investigating, than if it is a classified criminal case

the reason it was stated 4:15 was the last call is because LE didn't want the other information released to the public because of the investigation.

IMO, if this were true, it wouldnt have been released to anyone.

snipped

I don't know the places you describe with the description of ledges, cracks & bramble (??). We really don't know what you're talking about, or what time the bramble would be moved around (cut, harvested, moved from/to???). There's been alot of rain everywhere, MtV is expecting scattered thunderstorms tomorrow.
http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Mount+Vernon+IL+62864
Have you been to MtV lately, JAL?? Sounds like you know the area very well. Ever gone boating down there? It sure is a beautiful area, almost God's country.

well I am not sure what blackberries and such have to do with anything here either lol but they are usually ready in the next few weeks, depending on the area.

Illinois is not but Missouri is.

...which may explain why he seems to be tolerating her apparent lifestyle.

We don't even know if the gf is dead yet.

I don't think it has anything to do with tolerating. The man loves BB, unconditionally, as it should be. He would give her the world if he could.

I'm sorry, I must have missed something. I really don't see where if BB was or was not going to inherit money down the road has any barings on this case at all? Or why anyone would want to start sleuthing her grandfather.

I don't think it has anything to do with tolerating. The man loves BB, unconditionally, as it should be. He would give her the world if he could.

I'm sorry, I must have missed something. I really don't see where if BB was or was not going to inherit money down the road has any barings on this case at all? Or why anyone would want to start sleuthing her grandfather.

Loving unconditionally generally involves tolerating something, don't you think? And money is usually significant. Rule One is follow the money. Rule Two is check previous relationships. I'm working on that one , too.

Of course, the disappearance could have been a straight snatch off the street by a stranger, and all our previous thousands of posts are just us playing. We're all trying to impose logic and sense on it, and maybe those things simply don't apply.

Time will tell--or maybe it won't. But we have to investigate by uncovering information, then extrapolating the implications. IMO.

It certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility that this was a stranger abduction, just a very remote possibility.

Centralia and surrounding areas would be loathe to admit this, but the town of Centralia and it's surrounding areas are not what they were 20 years ago. The very same Correctional Center that brought much needed jobs also brings with it this:

Some families, e.g. wives and children, of some hardcore people(since CCC is a medium security prison) move to the area to be closer to their loved ones while they are incarcerated. When the inmate is released, sometimes they stay in the area for their families sake. I would imagine gang members will move closer to their bosses if they are incarcerated, but that I am only speculating. I have only ever heard of the families moving closer. If you do a sex offender search in Sandoval today compared to 20 years ago the results are astonishing. It's a small price to pay for well paying jobs I am sure, but the violent offenders are in the surrounding towns, hopefully reporting to their parole officers.

I just think Mt. Vernon police do a pretty good job keeping an eye on most of the new people in town. It does not have the hardcore areas that Centralia does. I do not think Centralia ever really was in the equation so I leave it out of my musings, except for the fact the correctional center is there.

There is also a prison by Rend Lake.

I do not think that any of this is related to the case, but I am presenting anything that may help people understand the area, and any info that could be relevant in the slightest. Everyone knows everyone even in these bigger towns like Centralia and Mt. Vernon. You aren't that far from the Kentucky border, this is truly a southern area. Sweet tea, homemade pie, mow your neighbors lawn when they are unable to. Believe me, moving closer to St. Louis was a bit of a shock-people are nowhere near as interested in their neighbors here. Just look how many locals are posting here wanting to find Beth.

Do you have a link to where LE is stating that the 4:15 call to SB was indeed the last call placed or received from Beth's phone? IIRC LE only stated there had been no activity from the phone. The exact time the activity stopped on the phone or the CC/DC I don't think LE has ever released. There could have been several calls/text's placed or received after the 4:15 call we still don't know about.

JMO

I'm trying to understand the Bentley family dynamics here. WHY do you suppose SB thought ( as stated by JAL) that BB and JW were going to WI? WHY would BB lie to her husband about their destination when apparently he was ok with her active social life with her gal pals? I'm also trying to understand where the drug angle comes in other than apparently JW had posted that before locking down her FB? Do we know what type of drugs were eluded too? Could this have been a drug deal that went bad in MV or Centralia? Maybe BB was doing a pick-up before the pizza was ready?

Do you have a link to where LE is stating that the 4:15 call to SB was indeed the last call placed or received from Beth's phone? IIRC LE only stated there had been no activity from the phone. The exact time the activity stopped on the phone or the CC/DC I don't think LE has ever released. There could have been several calls/text's placed or received after the 4:15 call we still don't know about.

JMO

No LE have never gone on record as saying 4:15 was the last call, you're correct.
I was responding to someone else post who ask (para) why was everyone saying that 4:15 was the last call from Beth's phone, when in fact there was this pizza ordered at 5:16. I believe this person was speaking of the FB post as far as the 4:15 call being the last.
Yes, there could be a number of calls/text we still don't know about because LE are investigating. I think Cubby call it playing it very close to the vest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove