Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NCMEC has a missing 14 year old listed as of 07/20/2010 from Odin IL which is not the immediate area, but not far from where the Jane was found. I don't want to link it because this is Beths thread, but a search of NCMEC will find the case.

I was wrong. I was thinking of Nicola Hammond - who is still on NCMEC, but WS has a thread she was found alive in the located info and family support forum.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109889&highlight=hammond

There is another teen missing from Mt. Vernon listed at NCMEC but more than a week ago.

Odin really isn't near Pinckneyville at all(over an hour away), not as far as a 15 year old would go. I believe the child that was reported missing has been found.

It was mentioned in this thread that authorities were searching hardcore for the 14 year old girl, but not so much for Beth. I think they got together search parties for the girl Beth has not had.

A child missing persons case always takes a higher priority over an adult missing persons case.

Is there a thread at WS for the missing 14 year old? Where is she missing from?

and if the phone number in the computer was already registered as BB the name would remain the same for every order placed from that phone number.
I'm sure they tried Beths number when the pizza was not picked up. Good call and excellent point Karen! None of us had thought of that, or if anyone thought of it you are the first to post the thought! Great job!

It would also show up on BB's phone as a "missed call" if no one answered.
Question, can you find out if the phone had missed calls coming in if you don't have the phone?

I'd like to know if anyone answered when Podges called back. (No pizza place is not going to call on a non picked up pizza)

Odin really isn't near Pinckneyville at all(over an hour away), not as far as a 15 year old would go. I believe the child that was reported missing has been found.

It was mentioned in this thread that authorities were searching hardcore for the 14 year old girl, but not so much for Beth. I think they got together search parties for the girl Beth has not had.

When comparing missing persons to Jane Does an hour isn't too far... when it comes to ruling out a 'local' description. Local could mean within the general area, not necessarily a resident of the city for which the Jane was found.

jmo

ETA: A 15 yr old could go father. The 15 year old from Odin was found safe in Oklahoma.

Incoming calls should have come up on Beths statement for her phone bill.

I wonder if the OP who posted the info at FB about remembering the call would remember if anyone from Podges tried calling Beths phone and if anyone answered or not. If he remembered the male voice he would certainly remember trying to call the number which placed the order if there was no answer.

Who emailed him from WS a bit ago. Would you mind emailing him again and asking? I don't want him inundated with a bunch of WS'rs asking a lot of questions. We try and limit our WS contacts to one member........

Incoming calls should have come up on Beths statement for her phone bill.

I wonder if the OP who posted the info at FB about remembering the call would remember if anyone from Podges tried calling Beths phone and if anyone answered or not. If he remembered the male voice he would certainly remember trying to call the number which placed the order if there was no answer.

Who emailed him from WS a bit ago. Would you mind emailing him again and asking? I don't want him inundated with a bunch of WS'rs asking a lot of questions. We try and limit our WS contacts to one member........

Cubby....I just sent him a message, will post as soon as I hear from him.

It is being posted on FB that JW said they picked up that pizza! The person posting said AGM and LE believe her and said they think she is being honest, with what she is saying.

It is being posted on FB that JW said they picked up that pizza! The person posting said AGM and LE believe her and said they think she is being honest, with what she is saying.

Before or after she drove BB to Centralia? :banghead:

9:34 pm update:

Authorities don't want to speculate but the young woman matches the description of a 15 year old Pinckneyville teen who's been missing for a week now.

"We have been in contact with that family, we've interviewed that family and we're using whatever information they can give us to see if this is her," says Kellerman.

Kellerman is the county sheriff and the above is a direct quote from LE.

While they have not released a name, if LE is in contact with the missing 15 year olds family we can be pretty sure this is an unofficial id. The 15 year old can not be ruled out...... and we are just awaiting the legal official id.

9:34 pm update:

Authorities don't want to speculate but the young woman matches the description of a 15 year old Pinckneyville teen who's been missing for a week now.

"We have been in contact with that family, we've interviewed that family and we're using whatever information they can give us to see if this is her," says Kellerman.

Kellerman is the county sheriff and the above is a direct quote from LE.

While they have not released a name, if LE is in contact with the missing 15 year olds family we can be pretty sure this is an unofficial id. The 15 year old can not be ruled out...... and we are just awaiting the legal official id.

Probably. A direct quote, yes. It says they're investigating. It's just that pretty sure and unofficial don't quite get it for me. Seems to be getting closer, I guess.

Did you notice how WSIL changed the two "young women" references to "young woman" on their web story? I blasted them with an email.

Probably. A direct quote, yes. It says they're investigating. It's just that pretty sure and unofficial don't quite get it for me. Seems to be getting closer, I guess.

You must not follow too many missing persons cases. :) When LE contacts family and makes a statement 'matches the description of' that is a pretty good indicator they believe the UID is the missing person but they are currently unable to make an official id.

If they believed, even slightly, the remains found were those of Beth Bentley Beth's family would have been contacted by LE.

If you ever get time you should check out the UID forum here at WS and the discussion prior to submitting possible matches for the missing and unidentified. A lot of excellent information there. Why a decision would be made to rule in or rule out a possible match. Some amazing WS'rs there who are able to find possible matches from the thousands and thousands of missing and thousands of UID's. Some even have all missing in a data base so they can search by age, ht, race, date missing etc. quickly when new UID's are added to NamUS or Doenetwork.org

I think you might find the info there fascinating and very educational. IMO it is worth spending the time reading for the fantastic info posted in that area of WS.

JMO

You must not follow too many missing persons cases. :) When LE contacts family and makes a statement 'matches the description of' that is a pretty good indicator they believe the UID is the missing person but they are currently unable to make an official id.

If they believed, even slightly, the remains found were those of Beth Bentley Beth's family would have been contacted by LE.

If you ever get time you should check out the UID forum here at WS and the discussion prior to submitting possible matches for the missing and unidentified. A lot of excellent information there. Why a decision would be made to rule in or rule out a possible match. Some amazing WS'rs there who are able to find possible matches from the thousands and thousands of missing and thousands of UID's. Some even have all missing in a data base so they can search by age, ht, race, date missing etc. quickly when new UID's are added to NamUS or Doenetwork.org

I think you might find the info there fascinating and very educational. IMO it is worth spending the time reading for the fantastic info posted in that area of WS.

JMO

No, I don't follow any at all, except this one. Again, Cubby, I expect you're right, and the remains are not BB. I'm not arguing. Is it OK if I remain privately skeptical until the ME game is over?http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/innocent1.gif Why isn't the goldurned smilie showing up?

You can remain skeptical. I will warn you though, WS is pretty addicting.

I only started in this area of the forum a few months ago.
I'm more of a cold case kind of gal.
I offered to help in this area because I decided we needed to seperate out some of our older missing persons cases and we created the missing but not forgotten discussion area of WS for missing persons cases 3 years old and older.

I don't usually go near current cases and never near Caylee, Haleigh or Kyron other than to skim any relevent news (and that is infrequent). Some current local cases such as Beths, or the ones for the children, but other than that my heart and passion is with the cold cases.

I guess knowing how many remain unidentified for years and even decades I would hate to see you waiting for a name when there are many other ways to rule the possibility in or out.

Just looking at the other side of the coin when so many go without a name for so long sometimes....... Even project EDAN is a cool site.... EDAN stands for everyone deserves a name and is all about the unidentified.

Ok, we can agree to disagree.

:blowkiss:

WSIL-TV 3 Just said on the 10:00 news there would not be any other update till tomorrow. Same story as earlier, nothing different.

NCMEC has a missing 14 year old listed as of 07/20/2010 from Odin IL which is not the immediate area, but not far from where the Jane was found. I don't want to link it because this is Beths thread, but a search of NCMEC will find the case.

cubby - this young girl (from odin) was a runaway and was found in oklahoma and brought home by her parents today - reported in the local paper - she is fine although i'm sure in a bit of trouble for sure! just an fyi!

cubby - this young girl (from odin) was a runaway and was found in oklahoma and brought home by her parents today - reported in the local paper - she is fine although i'm sure in a bit of trouble for sure! just an fyi!

14yr old Nicola having gone missing has NOTHING to do with Beth going missing, I know Nicola's family. Nicola left on her own free will with a 17yr old boy, but has been reunited with her parents. Let's keep on track here.

FWIW, I've just been told by one of the FB mods that Perry County LE is "pretty sure" the body belongs to the missing 15-year-old girl.

Almost there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member