Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
14yr old Nicola having gone missing has NOTHING to do with Beth going missing, I know Nicola's family. Nicola left on her own free will with a 17yr old boy, but has been reunited with her parents. Let's keep on track here.

We never said Nicola had anything to do with Beth going missing.
If you had read back, and read all the posts you would have seen Nicola came up when we were discussing missing teens that may be the 15year old girl found in the creek. While the discussion was ongoing as to whether the remains found were really that of a teenager or possibly Beth.

I found Nicola's case still listed as active as of this evening on NCMEC and only later found her thread here at WS in our located family information and support forum.

Hope that explains how Nicola came into the discussion here.
I'm glad she has been found safely and is reunited with her parents.
Someone should let NCMEC know that Nicola has been recovered safely so her case info can be removed from NCMEC- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

http://www.wsiltv.com/p/news_details.php?newsID=10709&type=top

Body Found in Perry County Creek

Play Video
PERRY COUNTY -- Police are still trying to identify a body found in a Perry County Creek.

Two fishermen found a young woman's body around five Sunday night in the Beaucoup Creek along Cudgetown Road. That section of road was closed for 17 hours as investigators worked in the area.

Police hope to know the exact cause of death and identification of the young woman sometime Monday night.

Full article at above link.

Interesting discussion going on at the FB Group for Beth.

Podges Pizza discussion area:
Paraphrased. JW is the 'credible' source that the podges pizza was picked up. One of the admin at the FB page is stating she believes JW, and that the police believe JW and most of JW's story is true.

To take a train or not discussion:
FB admin confirmed it was JW who told LE about the train story. So LE heard this when they interviewed JW.

Hmmmm... JW tells police story her friend boarded train to arrive home.
Police then invest countless man hours and money to investigate a lead they can not corroborate and suddenly LE considers JW credible and telling mostly the truth?

I'd like to know what suddenly made LE do a 180 after JW sent them on a wild goose chase regarding a train ride and according to the FB group now believe JW a credible source. I'd like to think JW finally told LE the truth. That she had lied about the train and not knowing the name of the man Beth allegedly ran off with but if she had would we still be looking for Beth? Or would we not at least have a statement from LE that Mr. So and So is (not considered a POI but) wanted for questioning in the disappearance of Beth Bentley if they couldn't already locate him?

Still no official word from LE anyone has been cleared as a POI in Beths case.

Again with the pizza ...It's also logged in when the pizza is picked up. They scan that information when you pay.
Either JW is trying to (again) confuse things (Podges Pizza screwed up, we picked up the order) when it was not, or LE has evidence it was picked up.
Now, the whole timing of the pizza order and pick up is going to make this trip to Centralia much later than the statements JW gave to LE.
BB was meeting a man just a few hours before the long drive home after a weekend of partying?

CUb,

I think its perception of what JW said to LE then reported by media. No where can I find that says JW said she was taking a train. Just that she took BB to the Amtrak Station Parking lot and dropped her off. Which eventually evolved into BB meeting someone there. I know that we rely on the media for facts, but its just not reality. Media gets the "facts" wrong ALOT. I saw it repeatedly with Somers case. I would watch them do the interview and then watch it on the news... and say "huh?" how did they get that out of what was said? ANd that was live interviews, never mind how the written word would be misconstrued. Just my thoughts on it, fwiw. I dont think JW is as much a liar as she is being made out to be. I think its assumptions and misinformation being spread as facts when they are really heresay. JMO.

Again with the pizza ...It's also logged in when the pizza is picked up. They scan that information when you pay.
Either JW is trying to (again) confuse things (Podges Pizza screwed up, we picked up the order) when it was not, or LE has evidence it was picked up.
Now, the whole timing of the pizza order and pick up is going to make this trip to Centralia much later than the statements JW gave to LE.
BB was meeting a man just a few hours before the long drive home after a weekend of partying?

What if? What if RR or NR used BB's phone to order the pizza and RR and NR picked it up while BB and JW went to centralia? What if the person who met BB was suppose to take her back to woodstock (according to SB, she has as late as monday morning to get back) which equates to a night together and then get her car from JW's garage? What if JW has told LE who she THOUGHT BB was meeting and he has been questioned and it wasnt him? What if who she was meeting is a husband of someone? Maybe what appears as misleading on fb or media reports is JW trying to protect the wife of this person? Tons of what if's I know...

CUb,

I think its perception of what JW said to LE then reported by media. No where can I find that says JW said she was taking a train. Just that she took BB to the Amtrak Station Parking lot and dropped her off. Which eventually evolved into BB meeting someone there. I know that we rely on the media for facts, but its just not reality. Media gets the "facts" wrong ALOT. I saw it repeatedly with Somers case. I would watch them do the interview and then watch it on the news... and say "huh?" how did they get that out of what was said? ANd that was live interviews, never mind how the written word would be misconstrued. Just my thoughts on it, fwiw. I dont think JW is as much a liar as she is being made out to be. I think its assumptions and misinformation being spread as facts when they are really heresay. JMO.

I realize this sad' and hear ya.

MOO:

LE had to receive the information regarding Beth boarding a train - early media articles state (paraphrased) the couple then made arrangements for Beth to take the train home..... so the media had information from someone that a couple - who we believe to be BB and JW made arrangements to take a train.

LE either received the train information from SB telling them JW told me she and my wife made arrangements for my wife to take a train home but my wife never mentioned a train to me. Or JW gave the information about the train directly to LE herself. FB admin has confirmed the info given to LE came from JW and NOT SB.

I understand perception, but LE had to receive this info from someone or they would not have investigated the lead.

my point being if JW was not honest about making arrangements for BB to take a train, why would she be honest and considered a 'credible' source when relaying now said 'confirmed' info the pizza was picked up.

MOO

IMO, either someone is trying to fool JW or JW is fooling everyone with the help of someone in order to further derail this case and continue to throw LE into other avenues to save herself and keep LE as far from learning the truth as possible.

JMVHO

I had asked last night if a PI has been hired to find BB. Anyone know? If not, wonder why not?

FB confirmed, unconfirmed, speculation, perception. Yes she said this to LE, no we don't know what was said to LE......

It's like trying to make sense of the following statement.
"Everything is permitted but nothing is allowed". :banghead:

I think it is time for me to sit back and see what comes out from credible media sources
when LE gives direct quotes to the public.
This twisting and turning is enough to make Chubby Checker dizzy.

:cow:

The answer: "Did they call back to the number that had ordered the pizza, when it wasn't picked up. 'NO'. They throw them away after one and half to two hours." That is what the pizza guy just said.

Oh.. I agree that lies have been told cubby, but IMO its more important why lies were told, and who they were told to..than what the lies actually were. Kwim? Seems to me JW told LE she took BB to the Amtrak Train Station. Never saw her enter the station or wait with her for the train. (She left her in the parking lot or on the curb) Because she knew BB wasnt intending on taking a train. JW may have told SB BB was taking a train back at that point instead of telling him the truth that she was meeting someone there. So SB passes on to LE that JW told him BB was taking a train, although BB never told him that. LE assumes thats why she was left there. Assumes she was catching the 6oclock train because of what SB said. Media reports are released and in the meantime JW tells LE that BB was meeting someone, not catching a train. JW tells BB's friends before LE knocks on the mans door. I just think some of her "lies" were told to protect someone other than herself or BB. Just my (not worth so much opinions). I still have only one fact to go on.. BB is missing.

... FB admin has confirmed the info given to LE came from JW and NOT SB. ...

Respectfully, how can FB administrators confirm something like this? For it to be true, 1) a FB administrator would have to be told something by JW and 2) the FB administrator would have to hear from LE that JW had told LE the same thing.

I am having a really hard time believing that close-lipped Woodstock PD would ever confirm any statement made by anybody.

So, while a FB administrator might say it's so, should the word "confirmed" be used on this site about such a claim?

I realize this sad' and hear ya.

MOO:

LE had to receive the information regarding Beth boarding a train - early media articles state (paraphrased) the couple then made arrangements for Beth to take the train home..... so the media had information from someone that a couple - who we believe to be BB and JW made arrangements to take a train.

LE either received the train information from SB telling them JW told me she and my wife made arrangements for my wife to take a train home but my wife never mentioned a train to me. Or JW gave the information about the train directly to LE herself. FB admin has confirmed the info given to LE came from JW and NOT SB.

I understand perception, but LE had to receive this info from someone or they would not have investigated the lead.

my point being if JW was not honest about making arrangements for BB to take a train, why would she be honest and considered a 'credible' source when relaying now said 'confirmed' info the pizza was picked up.

MOO

BBM.. Couple when referring to two friends to me is just weird, which is another reason I dont put alot into what the early media reports said. It could even be construed as SB and BB decided for her to take a train. Just depends on how you look at it. And, to me, neither make sense or sound truthful.

Respectfully, how can FB administrators confirm something like this? For it to be true, 1) a FB administrator would have to be told something by JW and 2) the FB administrator would have to hear from LE that JW had told LE the same thing.

I am having a really hard time believing that close-lipped Woodstock PD would ever confirm any statement made by anybody.

So, while a FB administrator might say it's so, should the word "confirmed" be used on this site about such a claim?

Excellent point! IMO, whether it be fb admin or "verified" ws members. Heresay is heresay. Not a fact. Not confirmed. Information passed on from one mouth to another. And we know how the story changes from mouth to mouth as each persons perception enters the story.

Its their perception of what was said to them and should be taken that way. Im sure no one intends to mislead. But I have been on the "verified" side and sometimes my perceptions were taken as fact just because of being "verified". When it was only my opinion like everyone else's here. Maybe their opinions are more credible because of who they know. BUT they are still opinions only based on what they have seen or heard.

I'm going with nothing is confirmed unless it is a direct quote from LE via a credible media source.

We don't have any way to verify anything stated as being confirmed has actually been confirmed unless it comes directly from LE. It's unfortunate but too much has been reported as confirmed and than later retracted as being an opinion or speculation.

But that is my opinion and how I choose to view information coming out about Beths case. I can't speak for or tell others how they wish to interpret the info.

I'm going with nothing is confirmed unless it is a direct quote from LE via a credible media source.

We don't have any way to verify anything stated as being confirmed has actually been confirmed unless it comes directly from LE. It's unfortunate but too much has been reported as confirmed and than later retracted as being an opinion or speculation.

But that is my opinion and how I choose to view information coming out about Beths case. I can't speak for or tell others how they wish to interpret the info.

Has there been any statement of any kind from any involved LE since May?

This is just my honest opinion. It is not intended to bash or flame, but rather as constructive critisicm (sp?).

It makes sense why there is NO media on this case. I have no doubt the journalists are interested but when the info given out is so contradicting and it can not be verified no one is going to run an article in a credible newspaper that can not properly vet the info.

There are far too many 'feelings' going into the posts and info at the FB group. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

There is no offical family spokesperson and AGM has been presented to us all as a family spokesperson of some kind. Yet there are numerous people posting as information being confirmed.

It's being done with the best of intentions I realize that. I also realize my post is probably going to be misinterpreted but having been a WS member for 3.5 years I've followed many cases. Never have I seen so many people speaking on behalf of the family, or being presented as having first hand info. Even those who have first hand info can't agree with each other.

How then are others supposed to view this? Rumors? Disorganization?
Someone - one person - needs to step up to the plate imo. Either Scott and officially assign ONE contact, one person to be the family spokesperson or someone in the immediate family.

There is TONS and tons of information out there, groups like Project Jason. Scott either wants to utilize the advise of experts or he wants to allow a half dozen or more persons with little to no previous missing persons experience try to find their way and learn as they go. We can see where the learn as you go is going...........

Again, I don't mean this to bash, it is simply my opinion.
I hope Beths family chooses to pull the reigns in on this and get some professional direction on this case. Otherwise I'm afraid the majority will dismiss this case as two wild party girls going out having fun. One made it home, the other didn't.

It is time for me however to spend my time on other cases where I feel my time could be better spent helping solve the case or assist the family.

I along with the other mods for this forum will still be keeping an eye on the thread and I hope Beth is found soon.

Respectfully,
Cubby

This is just my honest opinion. It is not intended to bash or flame, but rather as constructive critisicm (sp?).

It makes sense why there is NO media on this case. I have no doubt the journalists are interested but when the info given out is so contradicting and it can not be verified no one is going to run an article in a credible newspaper that can not properly vet the info.

There are far too many 'feelings' going into the posts and info at the FB group. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

There is no offical family spokesperson and AGM has been presented to us all as a family spokesperson of some kind. Yet there are numerous people posting as information being confirmed.

It's being done with the best of intentions I realize that. I also realize my post is probably going to be misinterpreted but having been a WS member for 3.5 years I've followed many cases. Never have I seen so many people speaking on behalf of the family, or being presented as having first hand info. Even those who have first hand info can't agree with each other.

How then are others supposed to view this? Rumors? Disorganization?
Someone - one person - needs to step up to the plate imo. Either Scott and officially assign ONE contact, one person to be the family spokesperson or someone in the immediate family.

There is TONS and tons of information out there, groups like Project Jason. Scott either wants to utilize the advise of experts or he wants to allow a half dozen or more persons with little to no previous missing persons experience try to find their way and learn as they go. We can see where the learn as you go is going...........

Again, I don't mean this to bash, it is simply my opinion.
I hope Beths family chooses to pull the reigns in on this and get some professional direction on this case. Otherwise I'm afraid the majority will dismiss this case as two wild party girls going out having fun. One made it home, the other didn't.

It is time for me however to spend my time on other cases where I feel my time could be better spent helping solve the case or assist the family.

I along with the other mods for this forum will still be keeping an eye on the thread and I hope Beth is found soon.

Respectfully,
Cubby

Exactly. And succinctly put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads