Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my thoughts on the pizza.

If the order was called in for pick up, there would not be a way to remember a male called based on an address. There was no need to give an address, only a name for a pick up.

Only with an order for delivery would the customer need to give debit or credit card information. No means of payment would be necessary when placing an order for pick up.

Yet something caused this employee to remember this particular call. What I don't know.

What raised my hinky meter is why was a resident of Tulsa OK visiting Mt. Vernon for a period of days, and why would a resident of Tulsa OK be working at Podges Pizza? What is the relationship between the FB poster from Tulsa, OK who originally posted this info regarding Podges Pizza and Podges -or- or Beths case?

A resident of Tulsa having knowledge regarding a call from Beths phone to Podges Pizza raises my hinky meter big time! Why was this poster in Mt. Vernon that weekend and why was he working at Podges? When I go on vacation or to visit family, it is strictly a visit.... I don't get a temporary PT job while vacationing. What is the OP's relation to the owner of Podges? Was podges short employees that night and the owner called this friend to help out?

JMO

Here are my thoughts on the pizza.

If the order was called in for pick up, there would not be a way to remember a male called based on an address. There was no need to give an address, only a name for a pick up.

Only with an order for delivery would the customer need to give debit or credit card information. No means of payment would be necessary when placing an order for pick up.

Yet something caused this employee to remember this particular call. What I don't know.

What raised my hinky meter is why was a resident of Tulsa OK visiting Mt. Vernon for a period of days, and why would a resident of Tulsa OK be working at Podges Pizza? What is the relationship between the FB poster from Tulsa, OK who originally posted this info regarding Podges Pizza and Podges -or- or Beths case?

A resident of Tulsa having knowledge regarding a call from Beths phone to Podges Pizza raises my hinky meter big time! Why was this poster in Mt. Vernon that weekend and why was he working at Podges? When I go on vacation or to visit family, it is strictly a visit.... I don't get a temporary PT job while vacationing. What is the OP's relation to the owner of Podges? Was podges short employees that night and the owner called this friend to help out?

JMO

Cubby......He was from Mt.Vernon at that time, has moved to OK since then. I know some people from town that know him. He was from Mt.Vernon.

The remembering it was a guy doesn't bother me, as when someone orders something ,you make it, then no one picks it up-that's a profit loss.

It's the Oklahoma stuff that isn't right, unless this person was a relative visiting and was put to work, e.g. college son, etc.

Nevermind, Snowzbunny beat me to it and answered. :)

JMO
Respectfully snipped

The pizza guy JHS4 gives his hometown as MtV and his current city as Tulsa, for whatever that's worth.

SG is now posting on fb that she thinks the Pizzza Pie was picked up. Can this get anymore confusing? Who picked it up, female or male? How was it paid for and if by CC/DC who's?

Cubby......He was from Mt.Vernon at that time, has moved to OK since then. I know some people from town that know him. He was from Mt.Vernon.

His post at FB says (paraphrased) but I am back home now. Why wouldn't it say I have since moved? Are we certain he was not living in Tulsa prior to the weekend Beth went missing?

tia

SG is now posting on fb that she thinks the Pizzza Pie was picked up. Can this get anymore confusing. Who picked it up, female or male? How was it paid for and if by CC/DC who's?

Key words "she thinks"..........

I agree with the rest of your post. Why post "I think", why not wait and post once the info can be confirmed? :banghead:
Or post we are currently looking for information which may confirm whether or not the pizza was picked up?

Talk about throwing additional twists into this case!!! Confirmed 'facts' later become unconfirmed or questionably confirmed.

How is anyone going to solve this case and find Beth if no one can get the darn facts straight?

moo

Key words "she thinks"..........

I agree with the rest of your post. Why post "I think", why not wait and post once the info can be confirmed? :banghead:
Or post we are currently looking for information which may confirm whether or not the pizza was picked up?

Talk about throwing additional twists into this case!!! Confirmed 'facts' later become unconfirmed or questionably confirmed.

How is anyone going to solve this case and find Beth if no one can get the darn facts straight?

moo

Maybe I should do a better job of paraphrasing my adding thinking was my bad:

"We had been told the pizza was picked up. I believe this to be true."

Maybe I should do a better job of paraphrasing my adding thinking was my bad:

"We had been told the pizza was picked up. I believe this to be true."

Ok thank you. I retract my previous post. :truce:

Then who picked up the pizza and how was it paid for?

ETA AND BETTER - What time was the pizza picked up?

Of course it is possible BB asked JW to take her to meet someone after the call to place the pizza order.

We know they had two vehicles. It is easily possible RR or NR went to pick the pizza up in the van or vehicle they were driving. While JW was driving BB somewhere............

JMO

This just bumps the timeline forward an hour. If something happened to Beth between 4:15 and 5:16pm I don't think RR, NR, or JW would be stupid enough to use Beths phone to order a pizza.

JMO

:croc:

Media reports have confirmed this is a teens body. See above link for full article.

Decomp being what it is, and with no report of clothing or hair color, I remain unconvinced, until they put a name to the victim.

Decomp being what it is, and with no report of clothing or hair color, I remain unconvinced, until they put a name to the victim.

So you are telling us you don't believe a medical examiner is experienced enough to look at remains or dentals to determing a possible age? One way is to look at 3rd molars. A teen would not have erupted 3rd molars.

Based on some of the UID cases we've been sleuthing here at WS it may be a long wait for a name. Could be years, could be decades. I personally choose to believe a coroner's education and scientific knowledge regarding the rate of decay can give a good estimate of how long a person has been deceased as well as an estimated age range.

We can agree to disagree. I have ruled out the remains found in Pinckneyville IL as even having a remote possibility of being those of Beth Bentley.

So you are telling us you don't believe a medical examiner is experienced enough to look at remains or dentals to determing a possible age? One way is to look at 3rd molars. A teen would not have erupted 3rd molars.

Based on some of the UID cases we've been sleuthing here at WS it may be a long wait for a name. Could be years, could be decades. I personally choose to believe a coroner's education and scientific knowledge regarding the rate of decay can give a good estimate of how long a person has been deceased as well as an estimated age range.

We can agree to disagree. I have ruled out the remains found in Pinckneyville IL as even having a remote possibility of being those of Beth Bentley.

Right, Cub. I know all that. But the Times article doesn't say what the coroner said, and as of 5:48 (Heartland News, KFVS12.com,) the coroner's report hasn't been released.

The ID of the vic as a teen is the story's lead, and not attributed to an ME or LE member. It might have been a conclusion reached by the reporter from an offhand remark. When I see a quote from the ME, I'll believe.

Right, Cub. I know all that. But the Times article doesn't say what the coroner said, and as of 5:48 (Heartland News, KFVS12.com,) the coroner's report hasn't been released.

I agree wordfella..........i have looked everywhere for an update to this story. I have not found one as of yet.

I watched WSIL tv 3's 5 pm news report (unfortunately they don't have video on their website). According to their report, there IS a teen female that has been missing from Pinckneyville for about a week now. According to the reporter, the sheriff commented that he had spoken with her family and the reporter said she had been trying to call them all day without success. With the decomp however, the sheriff said that they are having a difficult time with a positive id. KFVS 12 news is just reporting a "young female" and saying rumors are swirling but that LE is being tightlipped. They do have video up on their website. IMO....I don't think it is BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove