Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure part of the investigation LE is watching both WS and the FB page.

Makes zero sense to me to remove anything that may assist LE with the investigation. Unless of course it is a flagrant violation of the rules..... like spam, or ...

I dunno, nothing makes sense about this case.

JMO

I wonder if any of JW's posts got deleted by the admin on fb before anyone seen them. If so we might of missed some very important clues.

SG is receiving an Email notice every time someone posts and if she does not agree with what was written. Poof it is gone. You need to be fast to keep up, something I'm getting sick of doing on the fb page as well.

JMO

Who knows what kind of clues may have been missed Joe.

If we are all confused and can't make heads or tails out of what is said on the fb page. What do you think LE thinks?

They don't have the time to monitor each post that is made when it is made. When and if they come and read what was written it has to make no sense at all to them, just as it doesn't make any sense to many of us here on WS.

JMO

Let's get back to focusing on Beth.

Hopefully there will be some unofficial searches our local members can let us know about.

I'd still like to know more about a possible alibi for SS for Monday
and if there are any more surprises after the pizza call. I'm hearing the pizza was picked up IIRC. So who picked it up? And is that confirmed?

The texts from Beths phone should be indicative of who she was supposed to meet.
Supposedly that is SS. Did SS still have copies of the texts and did he provide them to LE?
Is SS cooperating with LE?

Let's get back to focusing on Beth.

Hopefully there will be some unofficial searches our local members can let us know about.

I'd still like to know more about a possible alibi for SS for Monday
and if there are any more surprises after the pizza call. I'm hearing the pizza was picked up IIRC. So who picked it up? And is that confirmed?

I was told that the pizza was not picked up , and it sat on the oven for a few hours .

EXACTLY!!!!! I think the some of the admin on FB have lost complete sight about this whole situation! It is all about control now... IMHO! Seems to me ( from an outsiders point of view) unless you are posting postive commets about sending $$$ or hanging flyers or sending prayers etc you are deleted! Ask the tough questions and you are GONE! Makes no sense! WHERE is the family??!! It is way past time to take control before more PR damage is done and it becomes way too late to undo what is being done over there!!! AGAIN... just MOO!!! Poor GP still can't get his question answered about WHO is in charge of searching in the MV area! WHAT is up with that??!! Simple question..... WHO should we contact if we want to put feet on the ground? Apparently NOBODY! :banghead:

Agree
Agree
Agree
Agree
Agree
Agree on every single thing you wrote.

Poor SB, he's not a computer guy. I wonder if he realizes the damage the admin is doing on FB????? Moo

I am so sad about this whole confusing mess. It just occured to me........who is REALLY "in charge" "in control" of the FB site? Is it possible that person(s) know what happened to BB? and maybe they are who does not want it found out and they only started the FB site to distract and say oh look I love BB?
I dont know. I am beyond confused. I do not mean to hurt feelings or offend. I am simply way beyond understanding ANY of it at all.

TY. Still doesn't make sense. Why not report any suspicious posts to LE and let them decide? :banghead:

Respectfully, the FB posts being deleted are not "suspicious" ones. They are ones that some of the site admins don't like.

I was told that the pizza was not picked up , and it sat on the oven for a few hours .

I've heard both. I'd like to get confirmation of which is true if possible.

Can you share how and why you believe this to be confirmed? I'm very leery of considering anything as 'confirmed' with so many changes to the details and facts as we've seen. If you can it would be appreciated.

ty

Reminder:

It is against WS TOS to bring spillover arguments from Social Networking sites including FB to WS. If you have concerns regarding the decision admin makes at another site please bring that to the attention of those running the site.

I've permitted some discussion about confusing posts, readability and removed posts as it relates to Beths case. Please keep the discussion on how this affects Beth case. Keep it about the case, not the person. Remember attack the post not the poster kind of thing.

If you have any questions regarding the above please pm me.

thank you
Cubby

Reminder:

It is against WS TOS to bring spillover arguments from Social Networking sites including FB to WS. If you have concerns regarding the decision admin makes at another site please bring that to the attention of those running the site.

I've permitted some discussion about confusing posts, readability and removed posts as it relates to Beths case. Please keep the discussion on how this affects Beth case. Keep it about the case, not the person. Remember attack the post not the poster kind of thing.

If you have any questions regarding the above please pm me.

thank you
Cubby

Let me try to further expand on this.

Right now the 'family spokesperson' Beths family wishes to utilize is speaking through the FB page rather than MSM or main stream media.

We need to keep in mind the discussion on the decisions from the family and family spokesperson should be related to the case. It is a difficult position to be in with regards to WS TOS, and this is new ground for us.
as we need to view this in a similiar manner in which a family spokesperson might be handling the case via main stream media. Of course FB is not main stream media.....

I'm seeking some additional direction from admin and Tricia if need be, but for now keep the discussion as you would if this information was being presented to the public via a family spokesperson in any various main stream media or blogs.

hth and if you do have questions, please send me a pm.

thank you.

ETA: It is OK to discuss how these decisions impact Beths case but it is not ok to attack the person making the decisions.

hope that helps clarify.

Thank you and lets keep sleuthing to bring Beth home!

First let me say I'm sorry about going off on a rant last evening. This case is just sooooo frustrating and I don't even know the folks involved! I live and work and still have family in So Il and if there is some unknown perp out there harming women in my age group, I want to know about it and want it stopped! It took less than a week to make three arrest in the teen that was found in the creek two weeks ago so I really don't think LE is that incompetent. I know there have been murders in Carbondale that went unsolved for years but eventually were. This isn't the "city" where it is common for things like this to happen. So.... back to the basics. What, where, when, how and who? What happened and how did it happen and with whom? As I said yesterday, I just don't think she ran away. But, as Cubby said yesterdaty, lets explore that. WHY do we think that may be a possibility?

ETA... Cubby.... I think you are doing an AWESOME job as mod! :)

First let me say I'm sorry about going off on a rant last evening. This case is just sooooo frustrating and I don't even know the folks involved! I live and work and still have family in So Il and if there is some unknown perp out there harming women in my age group, I want to know about it and want it stopped! It took less than a week to make three arrest in the teen that was found in the creek two weeks ago so I really don't think LE is that incompetent. I know there have been murders in Carbondy))ale that went unsolved for years but eventually were. This isn't the "city" where it is common for things like this to happen. So.... back to the basics. What, where, when, how and who? What happened and how did it happen and with whom? As I said yesterday, I just don't think she ran away. But, as Cubby said yesterdaty, lets explore that. WHY do we think that may be a possibility?

ETA... Cubby.... I think you are doing an AWESOME job as mod! :)

Actually, Cat, the arrest of the 2 boys in Pinckneyville (Perry County) was excellent police work. Unfortunately for the Mt Vernon area, Pinckneyville is around 50 miles from Mt Vernon and we don't have the same degree of LE competency that they do. This is incredibly frustrating to many citizens of this area.

At first I thought she had run away - now I think she is dead and stashed in the Mt Vernon area. I wish LE would publicize Beth's story - I wish LE would question people in the community, especially those who they know would have info (EVERY community has underground networks) - I wish LE would put together search teams and find her so her family could have closure. Whatever Bb'S lifestyle, she deserves the dignity of a proper burial IF she IS deceased - and she deserves to receive emotional, financial and physical assistance if her problems are so major that she felt she had to disappear.

I hope she is alive - but my gut says she's not. JMOO

Two thoughts.

My hinky meter is up on the pizza info. Why would a guy who lives in Tulsa be working at a pizza place in Southern IL? How do we know he isn't one of those kind of people who just want to insert himself into a case. We've see that too many times here at WS? Ya'll will have to learn about Delia Cly - who had us all going for a long time saying she was a kidnapped child. Then there was Dalles McKinsey who claimed his step father was a serial killer and he witness his step dad murder 3 victims when he was a child. Both were eventually proven hoaxes but hurt a lot of well caring well intended WS'rs who spent a lot of time.....
There has been so much info removed and changed at the FB group, it is - then it isn't, for myself everything that is said to be true there is suspicious. Which imo has harmed the credibility of information on Beths case.

I'll be honest, going back to the beginning.
It makes sense that they rented a car so JW didn't have to drive Beths car back, but could return the car to the rental agency. I'm still on the fence about everything else. Did Beth leave on her own, or did she come to harm? I really don't know.... Maybe she was tired of the charade and decided to give up the lifestyle and money if she was so unhappy. Maybe she planned to take time for herself and was planning on calling at somepoint but now she is hesitant to based on every detail of the imperfections of her life being shared online for the world to see. Maybe JW shared this because she was tired of being the fall guy. Maybe Beth is with someone that is financially helping her so she doesn't have to touch her money. IMO, the insecurity would extend far beyond 'love',it would impact many other decision making aspects in her life...... especially when making difficult decisions.

Beth we just want to find you and bring you home. Whatever the problems are there are people who can and are willing to help outside the circle of your friends if you wish to keep your distance from them for sometime until you sort things out. If you are NOT ok, please help us find you!

JMO

Another thought. I really no longer believe JW is involved in this. It is also of my opinion if she hadn't been flamed and attacked at the FB group she would have been more willing to help and share info she had. Everyone at the FB Group wanted to look at one theory and one theory only. Tunnel vision as I like to call it.

Consider the Charges against Jerry Hobbs for the murders of Laura Hobbs and Krystal Tobias. 5 years now he has been incarcerated facing the death penalty for a murder he did not commit! Dna proves it is another perp!
The murders of Krystal Tobias, 9, and Laura Hobbs, 8, Zion, May 2005 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

So many wanted nothing other than to discuss and pin this on JW.
Failing to see that there would have to be motive. What would JW have to gain by removing her source of income and the good friend who helped her? Nothing that anyone has uncovered as of yet.

JW is the source to help find the facts that would lead us to Beth. I hope she is reading here at WS. I would personally like to invite her to join WS as she would have the ability to discuss what she knows without being attacked or flamed. JW PLEASE help us find your friend! You may get some tough questions, but I promise you will not be flamed or attacked, and I will make sure everyone posting follows TOS.

If nothing else JW please help dispell the many unfounded rumors flying rampantly about this case so we can get to the business of finding Beth.

Your input is welcome here.

-Cubby

My hinky meter is up on the pizza info. Why would a guy who lives in Tulsa be working at a pizza place in Southern IL?

According to him (via snowzbunny):

I just received an e-mail from the pizza guy. He is from Mt.Vernon originally, and moved to OK. He had returned to Mt.Vernon because of a sick family member. He worked at the pizza place during his stay here. He is now been back in OK for about the last month. He was just checking for the lastest news on BB when he posted that. He remembered that a guy placed the order and remembered they didn't pick it up. He stated that the computers there kept track for five years, why would he need to share that if it isn't true. IMO he is telling the truth, what does he have to gain from making all this up? JMO

Also, consider that he is the one who "broke" the info on the FB page, which has since been confirmed (relatively speaking) by the FB admin. I don't think it was public knowledge prior to that.

Also, has anyone else noticed AGM has been MIA since 7/27? Seems odd for the family "spokesperson" to be MIA for so long. SG seems to have been taking her place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221