Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, Tricia. Respectfully, how does someone prove a rumor is true? Do they only have to prove that the rumor exists, and not what the rumor is true? (No answer is really needed.)

I was under the impression that rumors could be posted, if they were so labeled. I think rumors can lead to investigations, which can lead to clues, which can lead to POIs and suspects, which can lead to solved crimes.

I'm obviously not familiar with any legal liability you might incur by allowing relatively anonymous sleuthers to post anything they want. A lawyer will tell you that you can sue a person or company for just about anything, as long as you stay on the correct side of frivolous. And then you would have to spend a ton of money to defend yourself.

Thanks for running a great website.

That did sound a bit weird. I guess what I meant was I want to make sure someone isn't just making something up for their own agenda.

My point is it is impossible really to verify rumors meaning, is it a rumor based in fact and therefore valuable to the case or is it a rumor made up by someone being a jerk.

Makes me nuts. I should say nuttier.

I'm sorry Beth's thread was closed, but understand the reasons. I agree some people had an agenda and I'm not sure the agenda was to find Beth. Hopefully this case will come to an end, the perps will be caught, and the family can have closure. Meanwhile, we need to keep working the case and searching for the truth.

Thank you for putting number 6 back up for viewing.

Yes, Thank you!! Is there a possiblity of the Madelaine Mccann threads coming back in read only? I joined WS way after that case was discussed and would like to read back though?

thank you for all you do tricia. it is just a shame that some people ruin it for the rest of us.

Thanks Tricia! This is such a fantastic site and its too bad some people had to do the things they did and victimized Beth all over again..:( Maybe someday it will be opened again. Just keep praying she is found and her family can have peace.

You might be able to solve the issue by disallowing anyone to be verified in the thread. This would force everyone into the same position, and speculation would need to be presented as such... no one would be able to present rumor as first hand fact... no additional weight would be given to anyone's opinion, as it seems to have been shown, in this case, at least, that some verified members can't be trusted to act responsibly with their verified status.

That would make the TOS easier to enforce, no?

Thanks, r131313. I second the denial of Verified status to everyone. At least, in this case.

Unless there is new main stream media or Beth is found this thread will remain closed.

Verified status is something we do across the board at WS. We are not going to make special verified or unverified accomodations for Beths thread. We have 28,000 plus members here and over 5 million posts - the majority of members follow the rules. Unfortunately that did not happen in Beths thread despite numerous warnings if the tos violations continued the thread would be closed. It didn't stop and the thread was closed.

Tricia was pretty clear unless there is new msm or Beth is found the thread is staying closed.

Husband waiting 
for a sign

Now, the 41-year-old mother of three is the one for whom people are searching, the one whose photographs appears on missing posters. Bentley, of Woodstock, last was seen May 23 when a female friend dropped her off near a train station in Centralia, which is about a 70-mile drive from St. Louis.

<snip>

“Over that weekend, I think I probably talked to her four or five times a day,” Scott Bentley said. “There’s never been a day gone by that we didn’t talk to each other.

But since then, Beth Bentley’s phone has not been used and her bank and credit-card accounts have not been accessed, Scott Bentley said.
There hasn’t been a peep from the woman who – as Scott Bentley put it – communicated so much she “would wear out her iPhones.”

Woodstock Police Chief Robert Lowen said police didn’t know of anyone in a close relationship with her who has had contact with her in the last three months.

“It appears that whatever happened, happened in southern Illinois,” Lowen said. “And we’re working with the other police down there to piece it together.”

full article including photo at link:

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2010/08/27/r_5hg68soqtcgugsvrl2vg/index.xml

Praying Beth is found soon

Friends Still Seek Missing Woodstock Woman
September 1, 2010

[snipped...] “(The police) are very tight-lipped about it,” said family friend Angela Montgomery. “They don’t share a lot of information. As far as we know, they don’t have a lot of information. ... We’ve gone head-on with the sheriff’s department and police agencies in that area, because we believe it may be a personal opinion that Beth left on her own accord. I want them to know we believe she’s down there (in Southern Illinois) and that we know (the police) are short-staffed and have budget problems, but we also want you to look.”

This thread is only for information and family support.

Please do not post anything else, including questions, opinions, or theories.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thanks for posting the above Summerbreeze, I was just coming here to do so.

No 'new news' but I'm glad to see Beth's case getting some national media attention.

Prayers answers to her disappearance come soon.

i was just searching around for any new info for beth just the other day... im glad to see her back on the board. i do hope she is found soon ... thanx for the update...

WOODSTOCK – The Illinois State Police now are assisting in the investigation of missing Woodstock woman Beth Bentley, a development that offers a glimmer of hope for her husband in uncovering what happened to her.
However, Woodstock police officials said there was no new information regarding Bentley’s whereabouts. She last was seen seven months ago in downstate Centralia.

more here

http://www.nwherald.com/2011/01/07/illinois-state-police-to-assist-in-bentley-investigation/adi0v9c/

WOODSTOCK &#8211; The Illinois State Police now are assisting in the investigation of missing Woodstock woman Beth Bentley, a development that offers a glimmer of hope for her husband in uncovering what happened to her.

Illinois State Police in Zone 7 in downstate Illinois are assisting Woodstock police with the investigation and following up on any leads, ISP public information officer Isaiah Vega said.

However, Woodstock police officials said there was no new information regarding Bentley&#8217;s whereabouts. She last was seen seven months ago in downstate Centralia.

full article at link:

http://www.nwherald.com/2011/01/07/illinois-state-police-to-assist-in-bentley-investigation/adi0v9c/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back