Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was just coming here too, hoping Beth's thread may reopen, since there is some activity at least...

http://findbethbentley.wordpress.co...rges-dropped-in-missing-woodstock-woman-case/

Posted by officialbethbentleyadvocate on August 29, 2012

WOODSTOCK – A judge threw out charges against a woman accused of lying to police as they investigated her friend’s disappearance.

<snipped>
In his written ruling on Wednesday, McHenry County Judge Joseph Condon granted that request.

“Neither count of the bill of indictment alleges the defendant acted with the intent to either prevent the apprehension or obstruct the prosecution or defense of any person,” Condon said. “Strictly speaking, neither count states an offense.”

Is there any where with updated info or comments or discussion concerning Beth Bentley? Tnank you for adding me!

Is there a continued thread started up about beth bemtley? I know it was closed but was wondering when or if a new one started somewhere. Cases shouldn't stay at a standstill with people continuing to not talk about it.

Tricia, one of the owners, closed the thread because there were too many TOS violations and too many rumors.

This is the current discussion thread. It was moved out of the info and support area to missing but not forgotten when the case reached appx 3 years.

According to Tricia, the other thread is going to remain closed unless there is new MSM info.

hth and welcome to WS Solvit! :welcome:

Thank you for your reply. I hadn't seen the first before I asked again. I guess they're just going to have to wait till some one talks; apparently they don't have evidence they need. I wonder than where it could be.

Has anyone heard of any news on Beth Bentley? Are LE and/or family looking for her? Have there been any leads? I haven't heard anything at all - it's like she never walked this earth. :(

Oh, my goodness, I had completely forgotten about Beth.

Thanks, who knew?, for bringing her back to page one for a tiny minute.

I was actually quite captivated by the story and surrounding circumstances.

Really surprised about only being on page three.

I would love to know what happened to Beth. I was following during all the drama in the beginning. I think some of the folks on the facebook pages really did have info. Unfortunately facts were hidden due to threats and harassment.

I totally agree. I've always thought the case was solvable. Real hinkyness.

I'm gonna have to go back and re-read. I didn't follow the case in the beginning and I don't do facebook.

I found her thread one day and I remember googling for additional facts.
I don't usually do that as WS posters will do a lot of legwork.

Again, I'm really surprised there's only three pages on her.

I was thinking of Beth Bentley today (which I often do). I was thinking maybe we can go through the facts in regard to the weekend she went missing. I do know a lot about the case as it is, however I'm really just shocked at how this case went cold.

Beth lived in Woodstock, Illinois (which is located in McHenry County)
She spent the weekend 5 1/2 hours away from her residence with a group of people to Mount Vernon Illinois (Jackson County)
The missing persons call was made by her family in Woodstock therefore they are the primary investigation team.
Jackson County I believe had things transferred over as they were supposed to handle the case.
Word has it that Illinois State Police took over, however I have personally never seen any media on this case as far as ISP or Jackson.
Additionally, the lead investigator on this case in Woodstock retired a few years ago.
So who is leading this case?
What do we know?

I am writing a story on Beth and when it is finished it will be posted on www.vanishedinillinois.com
If anyone would like to share information or have an interview with me please contact me at
chicagocrimesearch@gmail.com
I investigated this back 3 months after she went missing and now I believe it's time to share with the public what is known to be true.

I don't believe I have broken any rules and I've been here for quite a few years so if I did break any please let me know or delete this. I just know that many people have talked about this case, but it's time it went public. All of it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back