Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think of her everyday. I hope people are quaking in their boots, especially her bestie. But I highly doubt it. My thoughts and prayers go out to her real friends and family. Wasn't her body found right after SBs request for her to be declared dead was denied? Hmmmm.

I didn't see the northwest Herald article.

Every news station is reporting that she was dropped off at the train station, which we know was false. That story really makes me wonder why JW didn't just report her friend missing from where they were visiting. Unless, that story was to lead authorities away from the location of Beth's body.

Cubby I'm very interested in your opinion as to what might happen in the coming weeks or months with this case. Do you feel ISP has the lead now and will going forward? Any chance the FBI is involved at all?

I have been in on this case from day one for Beth was a neighbor of mine. I originally thought Beth could have been murdered, but with her remains burned and found so close to RR/ NR's family home I'm now leaning to accidental overdose and her friends covering up the death so they wouldn't get in trouble. What I just can't comprehend is how botched this whole investigation has been! Her friends were not intelligent and I don't think they were capable of covering their tracks, but to their credit they haven't cracked, at least not until now. It's my hope that JW finally does and justice is served.

Well this puts maximum pressure on JW. Her story of dropping Beth off at the train station just evaporated. I dont know if the statute of limitations has run out on obstruction of justice but now that they have a body JW's lies become material.

Motive is going to be a difficult aspect of this case absent a confession. Maybe Beth wanted to leave that night but JW wanted to stay. JW had Beth in a very compromised position having lied to her husband about her whereabouts. I can see how an argument could escalate violently given the circumstances. Throw drugs into that mix and bad things could happen. Overdose being at the top of the list. But I find overdose unlikely. Im not even sure there is a crime when someone overdoses in your presence. A much simpler lie would be to say the drugs were Beths versus burning her body and making up a lie that she was dropped off at Amtrack.

Well this puts maximum pressure on JW. Her story of dropping Beth off at the train station just evaporated. I dont know if the statute of limitations has run out on obstruction of justice but now that they have a body JW's lies become material.

Motive is going to be a difficult aspect of this case absent a confession. Maybe Beth wanted to leave that night but JW wanted to stay. JW had Beth in a very compromised position having lied to her husband about her whereabouts. I can see how an argument could escalate violently given the circumstances. Throw drugs into that mix and bad things could happen. Overdose being at the top of the list. But I find overdose unlikely. Im not even sure there is a crime when someone overdoses in your presence. A much simpler lie would be to say the drugs were Beths versus burning her body and making up a lie that she was dropped off at Amtrack.
I always speculated the overdose theory because why would you not just call 911? The location of the house would require paramedics to travel a distance to get there to treat someone overdosing. I always wondered the same thing if there was a fight of sorts and she was accidentally killed or if she was lured to the secluded home with more sinister intentions. I must say it would take some very cold hearts to ride hours in a car with someone and then party with them all weekend before intentionally killing them.

I just went back to the beginning of this thread. I didnt realize we weren't allowed to discuss any theories regarding this case. Admin please feel free to delete my post if it falls outside current guidelines

I think the mod/admin messages in the beginning of the thread pertained to all kinds of drama and rumors occurring when Beth first went missing. Oh, what a mess that was.... the thread was closed for sometime until there was new msm regarding her case.

I'm sure it's OK to discuss within the facts we know. Especially pertaining to her charred remains found very near where they stayed that weekend.

I think the mod/admin messages in the beginning of the thread pertained to all kinds of drama and rumors occurring when Beth first went missing. Oh, what a mess that was.... the thread was closed for sometime until there was new msm regarding her case.

I'm sure it's OK to discuss within the facts we know. Especially pertaining to her charred remains found very near where they stayed that weekend.

BBM

Wow, so glad they were able to identify the remains as Beth's. It's been a long time coming.

I'm 99.9% sure Beth's remains were found in the fire pit that was used to burn construction debris in the backyard of the Rehab (Lake) House that was being worked on at the time by JW's boyfriend and the others that JW and Beth went to visit. A local up thread pretty much confirmed that the remains were found at the Lake House by saying not much happens in a small town without everyone knowing what's going on, referencing where authorities were searching when the remains were found

What is everyone’s opinion on the findings being forwarded to the states attorney?

What is everyone’s opinion on the findings being forwarded to the states attorney?
It's hard to say not knowing everything the investigators know and what evidence, if any, can tie any of the individuals associated with Beth that weekend to her disappearance and death. But I think there is a very good chance we will see charges filed.

I would think JW has been or will be questioned regarding her story of dropping Beth off at the train station. JW's story doesn't hold much weight when Beth's remains are eventually located back at the very place they were at. How would she explain that away? Beth must have gotten a ride from someone from the train station back to the house and that person then killed her and took the time to burn her body in the fire pit in the backyard or someone from the train station killed Beth somewhere else and then took her body to the very same house where they were working and burned her. I don't think that would fly very far with a jury.

PS: @Infg Did you ever confirm the remains were found at the Lake House?

JMO

No Joe I was never able to confirm. I read somewhere they were found were miller lane and saddle club road come to a crossroads. The house sets at the crossroads. I just found that out I can’t remember where I’ve read so much this week. Someone did tell me during the time the remains were uncovered the home was inhabited by someone and the investigators were swarming the yard of the house. I can send u a Zillow link to the house possible let me see if it’s still available
It's hard to say not knowing everything the investigators know and what evidence, if any, can tie any of the individuals associated with Beth that weekend to her disappearance and death. But I think there is a very good chance we will see charges filed.

I would think JW has been or will be questioned regarding her story of dropping Beth off at the train station. JW's story doesn't hold much weight when Beth's remains are eventually located back at the very place they were at. How would she explain that away? Beth must have gotten a ride from someone from the train station back to the house and that person then killed her and took the time to burn her body in the fire pit in the backyard or someone from the train station killed Beth somewhere else and then took her body to the very same house where they were working and burned her. I don't think that would fly very far with a jury.

PS: @Infg Did you ever confirm the remains were found at the Lake House?

JMO

We don't know what "other evidence" was forwarded to the ISP and Jefferson County.

I think it will be certain the two brothers will face some charges, but what exactly idk. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

17974 N Miller Lake Ln, Mount Vernon, IL 62864 - realtor.com® This is the actual home the brothers were rehabbing if u scroll through the picture there is actually what looks to be a large dead space of grass the could possible be the fire pit and then again if u look through the deck slating there looks as if there is a above ground type of pit at the edge of the woods. I was trying to give the archives on Zillow the house is completely flipped now but there used to be some pictures of the house during the rehab on zillow

Last edited:
I also googled one of the brothers NR we were actually in high school together. Looks like he was living in hi, I googled the address of mylife and it has just recently been put up for rent. Possibly on the run? I also scoped their mothers fb she hasn’t posted any of the boys in a very long time but it seems there family is enjoying life to the fullest

I read the searcher found the underwire and buttons in the fire pit back in 2010 and the remains found in 2017 were 50 feet away from where she stopped searching. One of the Facebook threads(?). There is a lot of vagueness surrounding the exact location of the 2017 discovery IMO, maybe I’m just not seeing it. Also I find it encouraging the story has been reported on in People and also the Daily Mail. So there’s international attention

I read the searcher found the underwire and buttons in the fire pit back in 2010 and the remains found in 2017 were 50 feet away from where she stopped searching. One of the Facebook threads(?). There is a lot of vagueness surrounding the exact location of the 2017 discovery IMO, maybe I’m just not seeing it. Also I find it encouraging the story has been reported on in People and also the Daily Mail. So there’s international attention
Agreed, when I seen the ny post and oxygen got the case I was like hell yea!! I read the same and I can’t remember where.

Last edited:
This is what I speculated to be a fire pit

Attachments

• 14840C8D-87B5-4EA9-A8FE-5AB90CAE4284.jpeg
    14840C8D-87B5-4EA9-A8FE-5AB90CAE4284.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 29

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics